INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Id Questions?  (Read 367136 times)

whatcomfalls

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver Id Questions?
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2014, 05:46:58 pm »

No.  There is no limit.

Firewall?

Media Network not turned on? 

Typo in Access Key?

I still get the "Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration" notification after connecting PC and Id.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2014, 10:10:12 am »

Here's a bit more detail...

Initially, I connected a monitor, keyboard, and mouse to the Id to configure it. I used option 1 (GUI) to do the configuration. After it was configured and running smoothly, I selected option 2 from the menu. This caused a reboot. After the reboot - with the monitor, keyboard, and mouse still connected - I verified the Id was working. Yes... working fine.

Then I did a shutdown. Then disconnected the monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Then powered up the Id. The Id did not appear as a zone in MC 20, nor could I connect to it with JRemote. It did not appear as a network device in Windows. My network router didn't see it. I tried manually rebooting several times (power off / power on). No joy.

I shut down the Id, connected it to a monitor and powered it up. It appeared to boot up normally. The router, Windows, MC 20, and JRemote all saw the Id.*

This is repeatable. I ran through this scenario again this morning. If no monitor is connected, the Id doesn't boot. If a monitor is connected, it does.

-Brent

*There may be another problem at this point in the scenario. This morning at this point, I was unable to initiate playback using JRemote. I had to change to GUI mode, initiate playback from the Id. Then I was able to change back to option 2 - with the monitor connected - and initiate playback with JRemote.
I've been unable to duplicate this problem here.
Is there anything else connected to the HDMI port?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2014, 10:12:41 am »

I still get the "Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration" notification after connecting PC and Id.
Where are you seeing that message?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2014, 10:20:14 am »

If that's on the Windows side, then the networking isn't working on it.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2014, 03:57:31 pm »

Ok, I think we've figured this out.
The unit here worked because it had an older bios.
New Id's have been shipping with Bios version 0038, I was using a unit with version 0034 which is the previous one we shipped.
Upgrading it to 0038 (and 0039 which is now available) both reproduced the problem.
Downgrading the bios back to 0034 solved the headless boot issue.
Check your bios version. You can do this in the F2 setup screen. The bios version says something like: FYBYT10H.86A.0038.[date code].   The version is 0038.
Here is a link to the 0034 bios:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23879/eng/FY0034.BIO&Lang=eng&Dwnldid=23879
You need to put it on a flash drive, I formatted my flash drive in windows using a ntfs filesystem format option.
Boot the NUC, hit F2 to go into setup->Click on the Wrench->Update Bios->Check internet(NO)->click on fs0 in the left pane and the bios update should appear in the right pane.
Select it, hit open and confirm.
It will reboot, install the update (takes at least 5 minutes) and reboots again.
You should be good to go.

Sorry for the trouble. We updated to 0038 because it supposedly fixed some wireless issues.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2014, 04:03:42 pm »

Also from the chatter on the NUC community they see this as another "solution"

http://www.fit-pc.com/web/products/accessories/fit-headless/

Sounds like it a very simple device, a few resistors across the sensing pins.
I've got one on order to check out.

Groundhog

• Recent member
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2014, 04:09:07 pm »

Yes. The cable.  :D

But seriously... the cable, when connected, runs directly from the HDMI port of the Id to the HDMI input of the monitor. There's no switch or hub or video processor in between the Id and the monitor.

I replicated this again this afternoon. Also, I noticed some details that might explain our getting different results.

• As previously reported, if I unplug the HDMI cable from the Id, I cannot get the Id to boot.
  • If the Id has already booted and is running, I can disconnect the HDMI cable and the Id continues to run normally until rebooted or restarted.
  • If I connect the cable from the Id to the monitor and leave the monitor plugged in but powered off, the Id does boot.

Now  I'm wondering if this might be a BIOS issue. Is the BIOS user-updateable?

Thanks for your assistance.
-Brent

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2014, 04:09:55 pm »

The device does hold a sense pin high so the PC/NUC thinks a physical monitor is connected.  But it also replies with a response to an HDMI monitor info request, without which, the PC would still not think a monitor was present.  Along the lines of the Geffen DVI or HDMI-Doctor.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2014, 05:35:21 pm »

Yes. The cable.  :D

But seriously... the cable, when connected, runs directly from the HDMI port of the Id to the HDMI input of the monitor. There's no switch or hub or video processor in between the Id and the monitor.

I replicated this again this afternoon. Also, I noticed some details that might explain our getting different results.

• As previously reported, if I unplug the HDMI cable from the Id, I cannot get the Id to boot.
  • If the Id has already booted and is running, I can disconnect the HDMI cable and the Id continues to run normally until rebooted or restarted.
  • If I connect the cable from the Id to the monitor and leave the monitor plugged in but powered off, the Id does boot.

Now  I'm wondering if this might be a BIOS issue. Is the BIOS user-updateable?

Thanks for your assistance.
-Brent
Brent, check the post a few above. It is a bios issue.

Groundhog

• Recent member
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2014, 08:37:37 pm »

Ok, I think we've figured this out.
The unit here worked because it had an older bios.
New Id's have been shipping with Bios version 0038, I was using a unit with version 0034 which is the previous one we shipped.
Upgrading it to 0038 (and 0039 which is now available) both reproduced the problem.
Downgrading the bios back to 0034 solved the headless boot issue.
Check your bios version. You can do this in the F2 setup screen. The bios version says something like: FYBYT10H.86A.0038.[date code].   The version is 0038.
Here is a link to the 0034 bios:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23879/eng/FY0034.BIO&Lang=eng&Dwnldid=23879
You need to put it on a flash drive, I formatted my flash drive in windows using a ntfs filesystem format option.
Boot the NUC, hit F2 to go into setup->Click on the Wrench->Update Bios->Check internet(NO)->click on fs0 in the left pane and the bios update should appear in the right pane.
Select it, hit open and confirm.
It will reboot, install the update (takes at least 5 minutes) and reboots again.
You should be good to go.

Sorry for the trouble. We updated to 0038 because it supposedly fixed some wireless issues.

Firmware updated. My Id is now working in headless mode, which doubtless would have delighted Sigmund Freud.

Thanks so much for your assistance.

-Brent

jnahman

• Recent member
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2014, 01:16:36 pm »

The file is delivered to the Id.  It is decoded there.  It is then converted to analog either by the DAC on the Id (for analog out) or by a receiver or USB DAC (for HDMI or USB out).  It is the DAC that can make a difference in the sound.You can use JRemote or Gizmo or the laptop.

Thanks Jim. Since then I have the Id but am having problems with the setup.

I have hooked the Id by HDMI to my TV.

I can see the menu, but cannot get the tv remote to allow me to choose.  This may have nothing to do with the Id but is frustrating me to no end.

It is a Sony TV, (LCD) nor can I get my laptop to show the menu when connected by HDMI. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2014, 07:20:17 pm »

Thanks Jim. Since then I have the Id but am having problems with the setup.

I have hooked the Id by HDMI to my TV.

I can see the menu, but cannot get the tv remote to allow me to choose.  This may have nothing to do with the Id but is frustrating me to no end.

It is a Sony TV, (LCD) nor can I get my laptop to show the menu when connected by HDMI. Any ideas greatly appreciated.
I don't exactly understand, but your TV remote won't be able to control the Id.  You will need a keyboard and mouse connected by USB to control it.  A keyboard alone might work, depending on what you are trying to do.

whatcomfalls

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2014, 02:20:10 am »

Where are you seeing that message?
It's in a windows 8.1 network troubleshooting window. I've attached 3 images for context.  Thanks.
Steve

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2014, 07:17:24 am »

Your network looks like it isn't configured correctly.  Double check the IP addresses you're using.

It appears that the PC has both a wireless connection to the router, and a wired connection to the Id.  You probably need a wired connection from the router to the Id.  If it's too far, investigate Ethernet over Powerline adaptors.  There's a link in the Id instructions.

I map split this to a new thread since I think it's just a networking problem, not an Id problem.

whatcomfalls

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2014, 09:20:02 am »

Your network looks like it isn't configured correctly.  Double check the IP addresses you're using.

It appears that the PC has both a wireless connection to the router, and a wired connection to the Id.  You probably need a wired connection from the router to the Id.  If it's too far, investigate Ethernet over Powerline adaptors.  There's a link in the Id instructions.

I map split this to a new thread since I think it's just a networking problem, not an Id problem.

Thanks I’ll give it a try.  What I find puzzling is I had no such problems with my Win 7 laptop which uses essentially the same arrangement—same router.  It runs without DHCP enabled.  The Id even works without a router. The Id was plug_and_play with the Win 7 laptop—I did essentially nothing except select the audio device.  I expected the same would occur when I connected the Id to Win8.1 desktop. I’ve furnished some images with respect to the successful win7 laptop –Id configuration.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2014, 09:33:59 am »

Windows PC's without DHCP will self assign an address.
The Id which is linux based will not do that.
You need to either put a dhcp server on that private network (you could run it on one of the windows boxes) or assign static addresses to the windows boxes and the Id (using wicd in GUI mode).
There are other issues you might want to look at too such as preventing the MC on the PC from broadcasting it's presence on the wifi connection (under Options->Media Network->Advanced).

whatcomfalls

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2014, 10:16:00 am »

Bob, I assume your recommendations are wrt to my  Windows 8.1 PC? The Win 7 laptop described in my most recent post--works so I'm not going to alter its configuration. Also, what do you  mean by "using wicd in GUI mode"?
Thanks,

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2014, 12:02:57 pm »

Bob, I assume your recommendations are wrt to my  Windows 8.1 PC? The Win 7 laptop described in my most recent post--works so I'm not going to alter its configuration. Also, what do you  mean by "using wicd in GUI mode"?
Thanks,
I wasn't trying to debug your network configuration, I just meant that if you create a wired private network and put the Id on it you either need to have a dhcp server on that network to give it an address or assign one statically.
"using wicd in GUI mode" means on the Id, in GUI mode you can right click and get a network setup utility called WICD where you can assign a fixed address to the Id. The only reason to ever do this as far as I'm concerned it to deal with these very rare cases where someone will use a private network without a dhcp server.

whatcomfalls

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2014, 12:45:44 pm »

"using wicd in GUI mode" means on the Id, in GUI mode you can right click and get a network setup utility called WICD where you can assign a fixed address to the Id.
OK, thank you. I have just one more question. Where exactly on the Id's GUI does one right click to get WICD?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2014, 01:30:28 pm »

Anywhere in open space on the desktop.

whatcomfalls

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2014, 07:14:55 am »

A belated thank you.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2014, 03:21:26 pm »

There is an Id update available which adds video support.
MC version 20 will be installed as well as new video drivers, etc.
The video drivers enable hardware acceleration for the X server.

The update is rather large, several packages somewhat greater than 200 MB in size.

It's recommended to install it from a text mode however you can still start the install from the GUI mode.

First do a #12, check for updates.
This will install as much as possible before rebooting. It will ask one question about the NFS configuration, simply hit enter at that point.
After the Id reboots into the text menu, run the update again (#12)
If you started in GUI mode you may have to run the upgrade option a 3rd time.

Then to get back into the GUI mode, reselect it from the main menu and you should be good to go.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2014, 05:30:29 pm »

I updated again.  Video works sometimes.  Import of video doesn't work for me.  I have to use File/Open Media File.

jnahman

• Recent member
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2014, 06:04:52 pm »

I don't exactly understand, but your TV remote won't be able to control the Id.  You will need a keyboard and mouse connected by USB to control it.  A keyboard alone might work, depending on what you are trying to do.

Thanks Jim....I saw that but got confused with the tv as a monitor

cort

• Recent member
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2014, 09:05:18 pm »

I hooked up the id, per instruction and it scrolls through ~100 lines of text and stops with ends with
fsck died  with exit status 4
failed (code 4) in red letters
then blah, blah
Give root pasword for maintenence or type control-d to continue
which starts the process over again
please advise

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2014, 09:32:51 am »

I hooked up the id, per instruction and it scrolls through ~100 lines of text and stops with ends with
fsck died  with exit status 4
failed (code 4) in red letters
then blah, blah
Give root pasword for maintenence or type control-d to continue
which starts the process over again
please advise

Would you check the date/clock setting in the bios please (F2 on boot)? If it's wildly off the filesystem check can fail.

cort

• Recent member
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2014, 10:30:22 am »

I saw that it was last updated 9/24/2014, current date was 1/1/2013

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2014, 11:59:59 am »

I saw that it was last updated 9/24/2014, current date was 1/1/2013
If you change it to the current date/time does that fix the boot?

cort

• Recent member
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2014, 08:48:29 pm »

Yes.
Now I have it running in GUI mode playing to the DVR port on my AVR, using the library from the PC that i would like to get rid of. Gizmo is working to the id directly from other PC's.
What is the best way to transport the library, music files etc to the id so it can run stand alone?
Also the volume control in gizmo is not working, help.
Thanks

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2014, 10:35:15 am »

Yes.
Now I have it running in GUI mode playing to the DVR port on my AVR, using the library from the PC that i would like to get rid of. Gizmo is working to the id directly from other PC's.
What is the best way to transport the library, music files etc to the id so it can run stand alone?
Also the volume control in gizmo is not working, help.
Thanks
For the volume control, it depends on the audio device you are using. If it's HDMI you probably want to switch MC to use internal volume (right-click on the Id MC volume control to change it).

The Id shares the open space on it's internal drive as a network share using Windows networking and NFS.
There is about 100 gigs of free space.
You can always find it by getting the device IP (11 on the Id menu)
and browsing to it on your Windows PC (or Mac)
From the "run box" on windows, if the Id address is 192.168.1.100 you'd do
\\192.168.1.100\media
on a Mac
smb://192.168.1.100/media
it should also show up as a network share device in Windows as ID-C0..... where the rest of the identifier is the Id device name.
I put subfolders in there like Music, Video.
The Id MC will automatically find the new media a minute or so after you are done copying it in there.

Another approach would be to have it connect to MC on your PC as a media client.

cort

• Recent member
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2014, 11:10:51 am »

The main problem I am struggling with right now is trying to merge my music collection into one folder that I can put onto the id. When I auto import into MC from various locations I get multiple duplicate songs on albums. is the a way for mc to filter that?

whatcomfalls

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2014, 11:39:46 am »

Since installing the latest update (i.e. video function ), a warning pop-up (on Id display) displays message that I have 30 days left the to purchase, etc.  How do I eliminate this message--what does it take to register the JRiver MC on the Id?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2014, 01:32:17 pm »

The main problem I am struggling with right now is trying to merge my music collection into one folder that I can put onto the id. When I auto import into MC from various locations I get multiple duplicate songs on albums. is the a way for mc to filter that?
The default auto import setting is the home music directory
/home/media/Music/
you shouldn't add others since the samba share on the Id is already symlinked "under" that directory. It's probably why you are seeing multiples.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2014, 01:39:21 pm »

Since installing the latest update (i.e. video function ), a warning pop-up (on Id display) displays message that I have 30 days left the to purchase, etc.  How do I eliminate this message--what does it take to register the JRiver MC on the Id?
The Id is pre-licensed.
The update shouldn't have lost this license, part of the update process is to preserve that.
Restoring the default settings (menu option 77) will restore the license (as well as reset everything else including your library).
Otherwise, send me a PM with your serial number (off of the bottom of the Id) and I'll send you the registration which you can key in.

whatcomfalls

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2014, 03:29:34 pm »

The Id is pre-licensed.
The update shouldn't have lost this license, part of the update process is to preserve that.
Restoring the default settings (menu option 77) will restore the license (as well as reset everything else including your library).
Otherwise, send me a PM with your serial number (off of the bottom of the Id) and I'll send you the registration which you can key in.

Thanks. I'll send you PM with serial number. 

whatcomfalls

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2014, 05:13:41 am »

Bob,
I reverted to the default settings (menu option 77) restored my license. Everything is wonderful again.

shep

• Recent member
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2014, 11:13:34 pm »

I have a USB DAC (DEQX HDP-4 with XS-1 card) based on the XMOS USB receiver chip http://store.acousticfrontiers.com/DEQX-XS-1-Asynchronous-USB-Board.html that plays driverless from Mac but none of the 11 listed ALSA Audio Devices on my Id work.  It often feels as if it might, the relays click in the DAC with some of the ALSA "cards", but I can't get sound.  I am obviously doing something wrong since I read here if a DAC plays driverless on Mac, it will on Linux.  Anybody have suggestions?
I would dearly like this to work because I have a battery supply for the Id that I'm itching to hear.

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2014, 04:15:11 am »

I have just ordered the ID and while waiting for it, I'd like to get my mind around the network security aspect of it. Does it require any external Internet access at all, except for updates? Can I isolate it using a firewall which sits on my Internet connection without suffering any issues? It would be good to know what are your feelings as to the ability of the device to get hijacked etc and become a trojan sitting on the inside of the network. I realise I may sound paranoid, but I have first-hand experience of consumer devices falling pray to nefarious intruders.

On another note, can the updates be initiated in the headless mode, say via ssh or some other means?

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2014, 07:01:55 am »

I have a USB DAC (DEQX HDP-4 with XS-1 card) based on the XMOS USB receiver chip http://store.acousticfrontiers.com/DEQX-XS-1-Asynchronous-USB-Board.html that plays driverless from Mac but none of the 11 listed ALSA Audio Devices on my Id work.  It often feels as if it might, the relays click in the DAC with some of the ALSA "cards", but I can't get sound.  I am obviously doing something wrong since I read here if a DAC plays driverless on Mac, it will on Linux.  Anybody have suggestions?
I would dearly like this to work because I have a battery supply for the Id that I'm itching to hear.
I don't know the answer, but what are the file types you're trying to play?  Did you try something simple, like an ordinary FLAC file?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2014, 10:30:15 am »

I have just ordered the ID and while waiting for it, I'd like to get my mind around the network security aspect of it. Does it require any external Internet access at all, except for updates? Can I isolate it using a firewall which sits on my Internet connection without suffering any issues? It would be good to know what are your feelings as to the ability of the device to get hijacked etc and become a trojan sitting on the inside of the network. I realise I may sound paranoid, but I have first-hand experience of consumer devices falling pray to nefarious intruders.

On another note, can the updates be initiated in the headless mode, say via ssh or some other means?

Thanks.
The Id is a like other lan appliances (WDTV, most BD players, DLNA enabled TV's). It's not meant to be used on the
outside of your lan or in a dmz.
It doesn't need internet access except for the updates.
The goal is to keep the device updated with respect to the debian security updates which occur when you update the device.
Since there isn't a webserver or mail server on it those aren't a source of security issues.
There is a samba server and nfs server that are completely open for the separate nas like filesystem.
You cannot update it via ssh.

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2014, 03:45:29 pm »

Thanks, Bob. It sounds like it should work even if it has no access to Internet. Do updates always come from the same IP, or can they be installed manually via USB etc?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2014, 05:53:13 pm »

Thanks, Bob. It sounds like it should work even if it has no access to Internet. Do updates always come from the same IP, or can they be installed manually via USB etc?
They are updated from the same IP. No usb install at this time.

shep

• Recent member
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2014, 10:04:31 pm »

I don't know the answer, but what are the file types you're trying to play?  Did you try something simple, like an ordinary FLAC file?
Right now I'm trying to play a regular 2ch flac file, resident on the Id so no networking/DLNA complications.  I've tried 3 different USB cables in both the front and rear ports. 
I can play to HDMI but not to USB.  Out of a Macmini, same file, no problem.  Id is fully updated.
Given the simple nature of the file, which Audio Device would you expect to work?  Some are described as "FRONT" (channels, I assume) some are "DEFAULT" and one is "iec", none of them produce sound but some 'play' without the Playback Error message. 

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2014, 12:51:37 am »

Right now I'm trying to play a regular 2ch flac file, resident on the Id so no networking/DLNA complications.  I've tried 3 different USB cables in both the front and rear ports. 
I can play to HDMI but not to USB.  Out of a Macmini, same file, no problem.  Id is fully updated.
Given the simple nature of the file, which Audio Device would you expect to work?  Some are described as "FRONT" (channels, I assume) some are "DEFAULT" and one is "iec", none of them produce sound but some 'play' without the Playback Error message. 
Front: blah
are the hardware devices.
Use those.
Try setting the volume control to internal.
Try system.
It's possible it IS playing but the volume is off.
The system mixer for all PCM devices is set on at boot. Your device should be connected at boot time.
Set DSP studio to resample (output format).
MC will NOT allow the linux ALSA to resample, it's better than ALSA at that.
Try setting everything to 48k or 41k.
Since we don't know exactly what your device can do you'll need to do some testing.

Darren72

« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2014, 10:36:32 am »

Would it be possible/advisable to put a Roku stick or Google Chromecast into the HDMI port to stream audio from Pandora, etc. from a phone to the Id to a stereo?

Or is there a better way to use streaming services with the Id?

Thanks.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2014, 10:48:18 am »

The HDMI port is a output, not a Input, you cannot plug a device like this in there, sorry.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

shep

• Recent member
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2014, 02:57:26 am »

Front: blah
are the hardware devices.
Use those.
Try setting the volume control to internal.
Try system.
It's possible it IS playing but the volume is off.
The system mixer for all PCM devices is set on at boot. Your device should be connected at boot time.
Set DSP studio to resample (output format).
MC will NOT allow the linux ALSA to resample, it's better than ALSA at that.
Try setting everything to 48k or 41k.
Since we don't know exactly what your device can do you'll need to do some testing.

Thanks Bob, really appreciate your effort.
front:CARD=x20,DEV=0[ALSA] is one device that does elicit a response from the DAC (relays click in response to a recognized input).  I can even hear a faint pop from the speaker drivers so I concentrated on that.
I have tried setting all to 44.1, 48, 88.2 and on up.  In all these re-sampled rates MC displays playing Flac as normal (no error messages, track progresses visually).  Neither Internal, Disabled nor System volume produces any sound.  I tried output S32_LE, that 'worked' too as did changing Buffer and Period time but still no sound.
I do believe the device is connecting because in all the lines of code at boot I briefly catch "xCORE USB Audio 2.0", which is the DAC's USB input board (is there a way to slow this down or see it line-by-line, to be sure?)
The Mac equivalent of this would be to discover you have Audio Midi muted on that output.  Volume Definitely isn't muted in MC or on the DAC.  I restarted the DAC between each trial to reset any settings like exclusivity.
Is there another setting in Linux that controls volume outside of MC?  I'm a complete Linux dunce.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2014, 03:10:29 am »

Did you try different USB ports?

Do you have another device you can try?

shep

• Recent member
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2014, 06:11:51 am »

Did you try different USB ports?

Do you have another device you can try?

I tried all the ports.  I tried 3 different cables.

The Dragonfly (early version) works fine.  The DEQX machine is essential to my main system and it works driverless with 3 different Macs, that's the puzzle. 

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2014, 10:40:54 am »

It does sound to me like it's muted.
The volume control setting on boot is supposed to take care of that.
I'll look into that and maybe as an alternative adding a mixer control of some kind to the mainmenu or gui menu.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 26   Go Up