INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC20 - Netflix in Win8.1 - can't find how to add in under Options  (Read 2552 times)

cgott42

• Junior Woodchuck

In MC20 , I went to Options/Services but I don't see a way to add Netflix.  Probably obvious, but I don't see it - help appreciated.
thx

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC20 - Netflix in Win8.1 - can't find how to add in under Options
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 12:16:56 pm »

Netflix is no longer provided as a "built-in" by JRiver. However, you can still use it by setting it up to run outside (externally) to JRiver, then when you exit Netflix, the JRiver program would be back in use.

See this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=93428.0
If you have WMC on your PC you can try this - from the thread above from "nwboater" (should work in Win8 too - let us know):
Thanks very much for your explaining how you use Netflix in Windows Media Center. After some putzing around to get Neflix installed in my Win7/32 HTPC WMC here's what I did to get QuickWMC working.

1. Downloaded QuickWMC from https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=97357342DE886853&id=97357342DE886853!143  
2. Unzipped it to a new folder in Program Files.
3. In the new QuickWMC folder opened addininstall.exe  This installs the add in to WMC.
4. To test that it works okay I opened Start Netflix.
5. In JRiver MC Settings: Tools/Options/Theater View/Netflix I changed the Program to the location of QuickWMC which on my computer is    C:\Program Files\QuickWMC\QuickWMC\QuickWMC.exe
6. In the same setting box in Command Line Argument I put  Netflix.

In Theater View when Netflix is clicked, after a pause you will briefly see WMC blue Screen and then Netflix.

I sure hate to suggest on this forum that anyone use any part of WMC. But since Netflix killed the API that JRiver was using this is the only way I could find, short of buying additional hardware such as a Roku or FireTV, to get a good Netflix 10 foot interface inside JRiver Media Center. And it really is a very good interface: my wife is quite pleased with it, and WAF is very important in this household.  Smiley

The only thing remaining is to set my remote up to close the Netflix window. At this point a mouse is necessary to do that.

cgott42

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MC20 - Netflix in Win8.1 - can't find how to add in under Options
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 12:26:01 pm »

thx
Pages: [1]   Go Up