INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote for Android -- Now available  (Read 261929 times)

DomieMic65

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRemote for Android -- Now available for testing
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2015, 09:36:42 am »

It takes a few hours for the update to show up, please show a bit of patience. :)
Downloaded!!!!
Thank you very much... I will test it tonight!!!!!

RayDiant

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2015, 12:25:08 pm »

I get errors when I download. I tried as many options as I could think of. First I tried downloading from the app store on my phone I get this error:

Error retrieving information from server [RPC: S-7 :AEC-0].

Then I tried downloading on my PC and selecting the attached phone as the device (playstore figured this out) and I get this error:

An unexpected error occurred, please try again later.

What am I missing here? I have approval. I get the google+ posts. I can get to all the links in the first post???

Mark

Oops, really really dumb reason, but it took me 3 days to figure it out.

JRemote is now working on my phone. First few minutes, looks great

Mark

Al ex

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2015, 01:09:54 pm »

“Keep screen always on“ is not working. While being on Playing Now page, screen switches off after about 10 seconds automatically, although setting is “keep on“...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2015, 01:42:06 pm »

Try generating a new Access Key by turning Media Network off and back on in MC's options.

Al ex

Re: Re: JRemote for Android -- Now available for testing
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2015, 02:53:19 pm »

Try generating a new Access Key by turning Media Network off and back on in MC's options.
I was referring to the screen of my mobile phone. So the “screen on“ feature of JRemote is for keeping on the screen of my active zone?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2015, 02:55:28 pm »

“Keep screen always on“ is not working. While being on Playing Now page, screen switches off after about 10 seconds automatically, although setting is “keep on“...
It is probably not yet hooked up.

flac.rules

« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2015, 03:19:58 pm »

Is 20.0.5 the newest version? I still have probelms with playing now. The cover art is not showing. It doesn't always show the which songs are empty, and playing now is emtpy if I use a different device to connect later. (that is I use device 1 to populate playing now, and then use jremote on device 2, nothing will show on playing now)

TopDownDriver

• World Citizen
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2015, 04:07:57 pm »

So, layout is good and seems quite intuitive.

Ran into the following problem.

First, I have a lot of albums so I will often use search to find them.  For example I have a lot of multi-channel recordings labeled "Multi".  When I searched for them, they showed just fine.  However, when attempting to select one of them, instead of the album I clicked on being selected, the album which occupied that screen location prior to the search was selected. 

I suspect the array is not populating the data correctly.

Will continue to test.

justsomeguy

« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2015, 06:11:05 pm »

The short amount of time I've had to play with it it seems to be working fairly well.

I was wondering if there will be an option to set the user in jremote like you can in MC and on a "full" MC client? I'm really missing this option in gizmo and eos as well. If I set the server to the user I have set for kids so they can only access "approved" content on their tablet that causes me and anyone else to only see the same restricted content. Where as on a full MC client it can be set independent of the server setting.

jhermosillo

• Recent member
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2015, 10:05:37 pm »

The progress bar on the JRemote interface has time lapsed on left and time remaining on right, but the time remaining can exceed the total duration of the track as shown on the PC MC20 interface.  It can differ by several minutes.

I've noticed this as well!

Jherm

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #110 on: March 30, 2015, 01:12:39 am »

Is there a time frame for when this will go into "open beta" (which in my opinion is the state just about everything on any app store is in...)? I would like to try it out, but I'm antisocial, so no Google+ (or Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat... forums is as social as I get!).
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: March 30, 2015, 06:40:09 am »

OK I found another glitch.  I have two MC "Servers".  When the app is controlling the one where all the music is stored on the first PC (PC1) the cover art shows up fine everywhere on the app interface, but when controlling the Server on PC2 (which loads the library across the LAN from PC1) the cover art shows up in the thumbnails, but not when wanting to see it in full size by tapping the thumbnail at bottom left.  Then I just see a kind of generic background with a colour fade from top to bottom.

This is a bug in MC, and will be fixed in an upcoming version.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2015, 09:01:40 am »

I was wondering if there will be an option to set the user in jremote like you can in MC and on a "full" MC client? I'm really missing this option in gizmo and eos as well. If I set the server to the user I have set for kids so they can only access "approved" content on their tablet that causes me and anyone else to only see the same restricted content. Where as on a full MC client it can be set independent of the server setting.
+1

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2015, 09:04:17 am »

minor issue noticed today; the playing now screen doesn't respect the android back button (nexus 6 running android 5.1)

generally speaking this looks great though, quite some distance ahead of gizmo in looks & functionality (ignoring the bits that don't work)

sejethomas

• Recent member
« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2015, 02:17:54 pm »

Looking good! It seems to be an overall improvement from gizmo (which says a lot!)

I have some suggestions for improvement:
 - Enable the possibility to control the volume with hardware keys
 - When in the root of "Audio" and searching it should just search in all "folders"
 - When looking at "Now Playing" and I press the hardware back-button nothing happens (I would expect it to behave as pressing the "cross" in upper left corner)
 - Browsing under "Artist" and I find someone with multiple albums it would be nice with an all-tracks-option 

What is the expected pricetag when done?

TunaOnToast

• Recent member
« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2015, 09:26:24 am »

I've installed the beta on my Samsung Note 4 and it works very well. I also tried installing JRemote on my tablet. My tablet is a few years old. Its's a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. I does run Android ICS 4.0.4. However when I'm going to install JRemote I get a message saying that this app does not support this device.
Will I be able to run JRemote on this device with that android version or will I have to look for a new tablet?

Castius

« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2015, 09:52:51 am »

Will we be able to control the thumbnail size? Both list and grid are too small.

sejethomas

• Recent member
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2015, 10:22:41 am »

Found another issue:
When in "Artist" and searching, and I click on one it is like you "press-though" the search, meaning that I end up going into the artist that was on that particular spot before I searched.

yoyoc

• World Citizen
« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2015, 07:35:05 pm »

Regards all.

I have downloaded JRemote for android on my Nexus 10 tablet and my  Moto G.

Function wise I have not note anything different than some of whats been commented already.

The only things that jump to mind to me are:

1. In the tablet the cover art,  menus,  and action bars are not scaling to the adecquate proportions for use.  They are too small.

The app looks as it was made for a phone and not scaled for the larger screen and higher resolution of the tablet.

2. There is no provision for Chromecasting.

Also,  sometimes it take long for play to start.

I am attaching 2 screen shorts.

All in all great work.

firedog

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #119 on: April 01, 2015, 02:12:50 am »

Will those of us who paid for the beta get a discount when the official version is launched?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2015, 02:14:53 am »

When you purchased the beta, you will automatically get the full version at no extra charge.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #121 on: April 01, 2015, 09:09:13 am »

Rating stars on Playing Now do not correlate with the number of rating stars on the meta info page of the same song.

Changing the rating stars in playing now doesn't seem to update the rating field in the database either.

yoyoc

• World Citizen
« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2015, 04:09:36 pm »

?

kamimeguro

• Junior Woodchuck
Re:
« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2015, 04:59:11 pm »

Minor bug: when playing a playlist with some files without cover art, the play now screen keeps the precedent played image, which is not correct.
Cheers
Kami
Win 10 pro, Oppo 105, Onkyo TX-NR818, Elipson Axial 160, B&W 805S, Linn 5150, Yamaha GT750, Sony KDL-55W900A...

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2015, 04:27:56 am »

A new version is on its way to the Play Store, it will be available in a couple hours, so please be a bit patient if it doesn't show up for you immediately.
Changes as follows:

20.0.6 / 6 (04/02/2015)

1. Fixed: Selecting a search result in the Browse activity would not select the correct entry.
2. Fixed: JRemote properly restores its state after being suspended by the OS (ie. after long inactivity).
3. Fixed: The rating shown on the metadata screen was not reflecting the actual rating.
4. Fixed: Audio playback would not always start reliably.
5. Fixed: Rating changes from the Playing Now or Metadata activity are properly saved to the MC database.

--
Again a lot of work went into refactoring some of the backend code, which did fix a few issues that people reported here.
Stability of the app should be really good now, at least I haven't noticed any weird crashes anymore, and there are no reports on the Play Store either.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2015, 06:12:49 am »

Do APE files play now without monkeying with the settings?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2015, 06:49:49 am »

Oh god, Matt... You had to make me laugh so hard I spilled my coke!  ;D
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2015, 06:52:58 am »

Do APE files play now without monkeying with the settings?

Monkeying should come natural to you, so I don't understand the problem? :)
But, no.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2015, 07:27:05 am »

It would be good if they did.

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
Re:
« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2015, 10:05:46 am »

I have "use native audio format" enabled. I had 50,000+ WMA lossless tracks that didn't play because I assume they aren't natively supported in Android. So over the past several days I've converted them to flac. Now I've discovered that some of the flac files don't play unless I disable "use native audio format".

After converting the non-native compliant flac to flac again, they play fine with the setting enabled.

Is there any specific setting I need to use when creating or converting to flac? Is there any way to identify these non-compliant flac files, so I can create a smartlist and batch convert them?

BTW, many years ago I ripped my CDs to WMA lossless. I switched to flac around 2006. I also purchase some downloadable music from places like Bandcamp, who offer their music in flac format. I also use a variety of apps for ripping. So my encoding method may not be consistent.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2015, 10:08:02 am »

If you happen to find a FLAC file that doesn't play for you, could you share one with me? Preferably to hendrik at jriver dot com.
In any case, its possible that Android doesn't do 24-bit in FLAC, or high sample rates, or a combination of the two.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Re: Re: JRemote for Android -- Now available for testing
« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2015, 10:18:09 am »

If you happen to find a FLAC file that doesn't play for you, could you share one with me? Preferably to hendrik at jriver dot com.
In any case, its possible that Android doesn't do 24-bit in FLAC, or high sample rates, or a combination of the two.

I will after I run across one again. The last album was a 2 cd set. They were your basic 2 channel, 16 bit, 44.1 KHz flacs.

yoyoc

• World Citizen
« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2015, 10:23:25 am »

I can not remote connect to my server using the server code as i can on gizmo.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2015, 10:25:19 am »

I can not remote connect to my server using the server code as i can on gizmo.
i had this problem when jremote was first released, only fix for me was going to the server and resetting the access code, then going to all devices and reconnecting/reentering new access code

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
Re:
« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2015, 10:34:22 am »

I just ran a little test. With "use native audio format" enabled, I was able to play these bitdepth and sample rates:

24/44.1 (from HDCD CDs)
24/48
24/88.2
24/96

So, Android doesn't seem to have a problem with these higher resolution flac files.

AVTechMan

• World Citizen
« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2015, 02:46:09 pm »

Has anyone been successful in getting video files to play? I'm able to access my server in and outside of my home network but just has the spinning circle without it playing anything when a file is selected. I believe it's been previously mentioned as well.

Castius

« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2015, 02:57:59 pm »

The first time i opened JRemote. I tried to add a server. In landscape mode i couldn't hit connect.
And when rotated the phone. It will cancel all my inputs and put you back at the add server/IP window.

I was adding a server in landscape mode. You can't scroll to up.
So couldn't get to the connect button. When i rotated the phone. It sent me back

It's working now so i'm not sure whats caused it.
But you still can't scroll in landscape mode.

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2015, 02:58:53 pm »

Has anyone been successful in getting video files to play? I'm able to access my server in and outside of my home network but just has the spinning circle without it playing anything when a file is selected. I believe it's been previously mentioned as well.
I've been able to get mine to play videos, but only for about 7 seconds, at which time it displays the "Playback finished" message.

Al ex

« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2015, 03:08:49 pm »

Same here. Tried it in my home WiFi network. But when I changed video quality from high to low, it is working.

bert003

• Recent member
Re:
« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2015, 03:47:41 pm »

While scrolling trough the recent albums list I see a A-Z on the right side of the screen.  This shouldn't be there because this isn't an alphabetical sorted list. A date indication would make sense though.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2015, 03:59:49 pm »

Same here. Tried it in my home WiFi network. But when I changed video quality from high to low, it is working.

Does it work on high on Gizmo?
Maybe your server doesn't have the horsepower to sustain high?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Al ex

« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2015, 04:13:04 pm »

Does it work on high on Gizmo?
Maybe your server doesn't have the horsepower to sustain high?
Doesn't seem to be a JRemote issue.

Tried 3 movies in JRemote in high, 2 ok, the 3rd failed.

Same with Gizmo in high, first 2 work, the 3rd not. Gizmo said “error communicating with server“. Tried again 1 and 2 in Gizmo, in the same session and this works again. All my files are in MP4.

Ekpen

JRemote version 2.0.6 issues with authentication Any fix for this yet"
« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2015, 05:40:06 pm »

I just waited patiently for a few more revisions. As I reported earlier , I am still not able to use JRemote with authentication enabled. I get error message" Invalid user name or password". JRemote detects my IP(s) correctly, but does not detect other credentials. I have at one time, changed my user name and passwork vice versa for testing, with no success.

I have Gizmo and EOS using same information with no issues.

But when I disable authentication on the server, I am able to use JRemote.
Has the developer taken a look at this issue since I reported it?
I also noticed, video freezes when I used mid and high quality , my bandwidth has gone up with a new ISP.
Any way to disable authentication on the JRemote set up?
Thanks
George

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2015, 05:45:07 pm »

Do you have any extra fancy special characters in your username or password?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Ekpen

« Reply #144 on: April 02, 2015, 07:42:45 pm »

Do you have any extra fancy special characters in your username or password?

No fancy characters please. I am already bald headed, so I have no more grey hair to pull.

I have erased the info and re wrote the info several times.
Again, if Gizmo and Eos do not complain, I see why JRemote still complains about this.

Are these credentials stored anywhere in your server by chance so that you can either look it up or delete it?
Is it ok for me to send you PM in order to give you my user name and password?

I do not know what else to do. It looks simple, but becoming a pain.

Another minor complaint:

As of writing: I am playing Bee Gees One Night Only, mkv ripped with dts sound . I get error message :"Unfortunately Google service has stopped working," but the ripped bd continued for another 38 minutes without issues. At times when I get this message, JRemote will freeze.

I am really more concerned with this authentication issue.
Thanks.

George
My theory is: If my info on the server works for Gizmo and eos, why does it not work for JRemote?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: April 03, 2015, 04:48:00 am »

I just posted a new version to the Play Store, as always it'll be a couple hours before its available to everyone.

20.0.7 / 7 (04/03/2015)

1. Changed: Revised authentication logic to be more reliable (testing appreciated).
2. Changed: Playback pauses when unplugging a headset or disconnecting a Bluetooth speaker.
3. Changed: The remote server update job pauses when JRemote is moved into the background, instead of running constantly.

--

Please let me know if this helps with the authentication problems people have been experiencing, and of course report any regressions or general issues, as before. :)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

flac.rules

« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2015, 07:56:16 am »

Cover art is still not showing for me, version 20.0.7

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #147 on: April 03, 2015, 08:55:54 am »

I tried the new update last night and star ratings now work and properly update library.  I do notice that when you look in the metadata, it seems to show all tracks as 3 stars even if they have never been rated.

Time remaining on track seemed to be accurate sometimes, but it was frequently off and I definitely observed instances where the time elapsed and time remaining added up to significantly more time than the length of the track.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #148 on: April 03, 2015, 10:45:24 am »

I noticed a minor glitch in the playing now view. Go to a zone playing music and it reports in 2 lines with the track on line 1 and the artist/album on line 2. Now switch to a video zone and line 1 is updated with the film name but line 2 is left with the data from the music zone.

Ekpen

« Reply #149 on: April 03, 2015, 04:31:11 pm »

I just posted a new version to the Play Store, as always it'll be a couple hours before its available to everyone.

20.0.7 / 7 (04/03/2015)

1. Changed: Revised authentication logic to be more reliable (testing appreciated).
2. Changed: Playback pauses when unplugging a headset or disconnecting a Bluetooth speaker.
3. Changed: The remote server update job pauses when JRemote is moved into the background, instead of running constantly.

--

Please let me know if this helps with the authentication problems people have been experiencing, and of course report any regressions or general issues, as before. :)

Thanks for this update:
Using IP address: 192.168.1.11:52199    -- error message Ip address invalid,must be in the format"

Note the post 52199 will be in a separate line.
I then tried Access key: result  " Your username or password is invalid"
It detected my public IP that starts with 50.x.x.x on port 52199. It also detected my server name correctly.
I will send you a PM with the exact username and password I am currently using.
I have used different user name and password several times , when changed, I will re start MC. It does not matter what I use, it results in  errors.

Thanks again.
George
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up