INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote for Android -- Now available  (Read 262717 times)

SUP21

• Recent member
Re: JRemote for Android -- Now available
« Reply #300 on: May 08, 2015, 03:24:00 am »

Hi Guys

Good work, JRemote is the first and only app i bought on play store.

two things i would like to have on this app :

- Using JRemote only for audio i wish I could enlarge the size of album art as a touch screen (too small on a 7"  for 42 albums art on screen, only 24 on gizmo), even more in list mode.

- Albums with the same title are mixed and it is always the oldest into the library whose cover is visible ("Album" and "Recent" views). It's the same thing in Gizmo.

May be a small correction in French translation: "Récents" instead of "Récente"

Thanks

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #301 on: May 08, 2015, 03:35:57 am »

- Using JRemote only for audio i wish I could enlarge the size of album art as a touch screen (too small on a 7"  for 42 albums art on screen, only 24 on gizmo), even more in list mode.
Improvements for tablet usage will come at a later time, stay tuned.

- Albums with the same title are mixed and it is always the oldest into the library whose cover is visible ("Album" and "Recent" views). It's the same thing in Gizmo.

This isn't a problem in JRemote or Gizmo, but how you setup the views in MC. You need to set them up to group on artist and album, and not only album.
Both JRemote and Gizmo will straight up display content as MC delivers it, they don't do any organizing of the content themself.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #302 on: May 08, 2015, 03:45:52 am »

The crash report showed up on Play Store now, should hopefully be fixed in the upcoming .12

I posted 20.0.12 to the play store this morning, which will open the drawer on a first connect to a new server (or when starting the app the first time).
Please test if it works properly and doesn't open it at times when it shouldn't have.... :)

This build is working fine for me (audio playback) on a Note 10.1 tablet with Android 4.1.2.

Nice work.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #303 on: May 08, 2015, 11:16:29 am »

I posted 20.0.12 to the play store this morning, which will open the drawer on a first connect to a new server (or when starting the app the first time)..
perhaps a setting similar to eos where we can chose to auto expand or not would be nice?
* out of curiosity will you still be enabling the exit warning?
* and just an fyi... no videos work on s4 or tab 7.0 still. just spins.

Ekpen

« Reply #304 on: May 08, 2015, 08:19:49 pm »

*  perhaps a setting similar to eos where we can chose to auto expand or not would be nice?
* out of curiosity will you still be enabling the exit warning?
* and just an fyi... no videos work on s4 or tab 7.0 still. just spins.

I asked for this feature a couple of weeks ago. EOS does this drawer settings very well.
George

kamimeguro

• Junior Woodchuck
Re:
« Reply #305 on: May 08, 2015, 09:28:05 pm »

Thank you Hendrik, .12 is now working on my 4.3 Note 2. Still no video.
We have a few (old) Android phone and tablet at home, I'll report during the weekend.
Win 10 pro, Oppo 105, Onkyo TX-NR818, Elipson Axial 160, B&W 805S, Linn 5150, Yamaha GT750, Sony KDL-55W900A...

SUP21

• Recent member
« Reply #306 on: May 09, 2015, 02:39:50 am »

Improvements for tablet usage will come at a later time, stay tuned.

This isn't a problem in JRemote or Gizmo, but how you setup the views in MC. You need to set them up to group on artist and album, and not only album.
Both JRemote and Gizmo will straight up display content as MC delivers it, they don't do any organizing of the content themself.

"You need to set them up to group on artist and album, and not only album"  the fact is that this does not occur on JRiver, but maybe I spent hours tinkering with MC....
Could you give me the good setup for Récent and album ?

Thanks

arixey

• Recent member
« Reply #307 on: May 09, 2015, 07:16:09 am »

If you have any other problems with JRemote for Android which remain unaddressed, even if you've posted them before, please feel free to bump them in this thread, or if they seem to be complex topics requiring a discussion, feel free to open your own thread.
I'm trying to tackle all things reported here, but sometimes stuff falls through the cracks, or its not entirely clear if something is still an issue.

I've still got the problem in the new version where it won't play anything over 4g/3g.  Works fine when I'm on my home wifi.  But when out, I have full access to the library.  Songs will get added to the playing now list.  But nothing ever happens when I actually try to play music.  Tapping songs, long-pressing and choosing "play now", etc....none of them work.

Gizmo works fine over 4g/3g, and as I said I have full access to view, search, etc., so I don't think the problem is on the server's end.

EricdeBruin

• Recent member
« Reply #308 on: May 09, 2015, 09:37:57 am »

Hello,

I bought JRemote for Android yesterday, but i can't seem to figure out how to stream music to my smartphone. I can browse my library and everything, even start music, but it starts playing on my PC.

I was already using Gizmo before, and here I can select where to play the music. For example 'Here' would play music on my phone, and i could select a external source to play it via my speakers.

JRemote doesn't seem to have this option, the only thing i can find in the menu (with Audio, Playlists, Search, Settings and My Servers) is the bullseye-icon at the bottom, which leads to Available Zones.
There, the current zone is a white phone/tablet icon on the left, with an option on the right which leads to browsing Output devices. But here, only my computer's hardware components are listed.

Can someone help me out?

Regards,

Eric

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #309 on: May 09, 2015, 04:30:42 pm »

I'm using JRemote constantly, it's finally made NetRemote redundant (Gizmo never managed to do that because it was lacking the ability to easily play only one track, not the whole album), so thanks for that! I have two questions, though:

1. I don't need movies/videos, still it always opens on that. Is it possible to remove a view completely? It may be easy, I just haven't found it.

2. I almost always have to connect to the server manuall, even though I have it set to try to connect to the previously used server. Also when it does it connects to the zone that's active in MC (which never is the one I want to control). This is one thing Gizmo actually got right for me. Is there something I have overlooked in the app or the setup?
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

krustycat

• Recent member
« Reply #310 on: May 09, 2015, 06:18:23 pm »

I just bought the app for my tablet ASUS ME320C running android 4.3

The app crashes immediately after logging to the server

No way whatsoever to do anything, just crashes and asks me to send the report

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #311 on: May 09, 2015, 06:25:36 pm »

No way whatsoever to do anything, just crashes and asks me to send the report

Then please do send the report, and we'll try to fix the crash in the next version.
Although that particular device seems to have a whole bunch of rather peculiar issues, so who knows. The Google support people seem to blame ASUS/Intel for doing something weird with the OS on that device...
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #312 on: May 10, 2015, 08:07:48 am »

i can't seem to figure out how to stream music to my smartphone. I can browse my library and everything, even start music, but it starts playing on my PC.

I was already using Gizmo before, and here I can select where to play the music. For example 'Here' would play music on my phone, and i could select a external source to play it via my speakers.

In JRemote, in the Navigation Drawer (Swipe from left edge to the right to open), there is a zone selector at the very bottom (the bullseye), when you select that, select the option "This device", which is the local zone of the phone.

1. I don't need movies/videos, still it always opens on that. Is it possible to remove a view completely? It may be easy, I just haven't found it.

Just remove the view in MC. Options -> Media Network -> Advanced -> Customize views for Gizmo & WebGizmo

2. I almost always have to connect to the server manuall, even though I have it set to try to connect to the previously used server. Also when it does it connects to the zone that's active in MC (which never is the one I want to control). This is one thing Gizmo actually got right for me. Is there something I have overlooked in the app or the setup?

Automatic reconnect is still somewhat spotty, although it seems to work most of the time for me. It may bail out when you switch between LAN and WAN.
Regarding the zone, it seems to remember for me. Check the options of JRemote, in particular the "App follows server zones" and "Server follows app zones" options, for you they should probably both be off.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #313 on: May 11, 2015, 02:11:50 am »

Just remove the view in MC. Options -> Media Network -> Advanced -> Customize views for Gizmo & WebGizmo

Automatic reconnect is still somewhat spotty, although it seems to work most of the time for me. It may bail out when you switch between LAN and WAN.
Regarding the zone, it seems to remember for me. Check the options of JRemote, in particular the "App follows server zones" and "Server follows app zones" options, for you they should probably both be off.

View worked, thanks! I didn't think of that... Embarassing. As for the other options I have them off, but it doesn't help. Maybe that will improve with time and versions?
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

famu97

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #314 on: May 11, 2015, 08:10:46 am »

JRemote is a great leap forward over Gizmo but here's the issues that I've observed.  Can you let me know if they are known confirmed bugs or new bugs that will get fixed.

I'm using an LG G2 running the OEM build of Lillipop 5.0.1
1. During playback when I add another song to the currently playing playlist, the music pauses as it adds another song to play next. I should hear continuous music as it's adding songs to the current playlist similar to how Gizmo works.
2. After I stop playing music I can't get the pull down notification to close out. Unlike other pull down notifications, it doesn't have an X button to close it out nor can I swipe to close it out. It just stays there with the pause showing up in the notification bar.
3. The search is not fully working. When I search using the main search from the side menu, it's not returning full results. I've searched for artists & albums but it's only returning some of the the results of a given search. For example I was searching for an album that I know I have in my music library, but it didn't find it. I was able to find the album when I drilled down through albums myself.  I also searched for that same album by artist name & it only found a partial list of the works in my library by that artist. Again it didn't find the album I was looking for even though I know it's is in my library.
4. I also noticed that when playing back through Bluetooth through my car stereo (JVC KD-R850BT) that when I press skip to the next song, that sometimes doesn't work or it has a really long delayed response to actually skip to the next song to play.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #315 on: May 11, 2015, 08:36:50 am »

1. During playback when I add another song to the currently playing playlist, the music pauses as it adds another song to play next. I should hear continuous music as it's adding songs to the current playlist similar to how Gizmo works.

I cannot reproduce this, and I honestly don't see how thats happening. Playback and playlist management are quite separate.
Are you playing on the phone, or controlling a remote zone?

2. After I stop playing music I can't get the pull down notification to close out. Unlike other pull down notifications, it doesn't have an X button to close it out nor can I swipe to close it out. It just stays there with the pause showing up in the notification bar.

Its not meant to be able to be closed while music is playing or paused, but it should automatically go away when you press "Stop" on the playing now screen, or the last track of your playlist finished.
Some possible improvements coming in the next build.

3. The search is not fully working. When I search using the main search from the side menu, it's not returning full results. I've searched for artists & albums but it's only returning some of the the results of a given search. For example I was searching for an album that I know I have in my music library, but it didn't find it. I was able to find the album when I drilled down through albums myself.  I also searched for that same album by artist name & it only found a partial list of the works in my library by that artist. Again it didn't find the album I was looking for even though I know it's is in my library.

Not really sure about this one. I assume it works in Gizmo? Its just handing off the search to MC and displaying the results as far as I remember how it works, but I'll check.

4. I also noticed that when playing back through Bluetooth through my car stereo (JVC KD-R850BT) that when I press skip to the next song, that sometimes doesn't work or it has a really long delayed response to actually skip to the next song to play.

Are you using the cars media controls for the "Skip" command, or directly controlling it on the phone?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

famu97

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #316 on: May 11, 2015, 10:30:32 am »

I cannot reproduce this, and I honestly don't see how thats happening. Playback and playlist management are quite separate.
Are you playing on the phone, or controlling a remote zone?

When this occurs I'm playing via bluetooth to my car stereo and streaming.  My expectation would be that while there is a song still playing, and I add another song to play next, that the current song playing would not hiccup while the next song is being added  to the queue.

Its not meant to be able to be closed while music is playing or paused, but it should automatically go away when you press "Stop" on the playing now screen, or the last track of your playlist finished.

I'm not trying to close it while the music is playing (although I should be able to because the Android system will allow that), but I'm referring to after I've stopped the music from playing, the app still sits in the pull-down notification displaying a Pause.  Again, I'm using JRemote in the car streaming bluetooth to my stereo when this occurs.

Not really sure about this one. I assume it works in Gizmo? Its just handing off the search to MC and displaying the results as far as I remember how it works, but I'll check.

This is definitely happening. Once again, I'm using JRemote in the car via bluetooth.  Can anyone else confirm they've seen this issue at all.

Are you using the cars media controls for the "Skip" command, or directly controlling it on the phone?

Yes I'm using the cars media controls for "skip" command when this occurs.  Just trying to relay what I'm seeing to the dev's and to see if anyone else is having these issues.  All of the issues occurred while streaming audio to my car stereo via bluetooth while I'm driving.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #317 on: May 11, 2015, 12:14:28 pm »

I use this almost exclusively over 3G, in the car, connected via the car's built-in bluetooth. That works.

I have unchecked the support native option. My library is mostly FLAC and there is little to gain streaming FLAC over 3G in this way. The Playing Now screen still reports that playback is FLAC. Is the option to transcode being ignored, or is it just reporting the file type from the library, even though the file playing should be transcoded mp3?

The reason I think it is not transcoding is that I can rarely get through a single track without playback stalling. When it stalls, I can switch over to Gizmo, and there is no stalling for the rest of the journey.

JRemote is kicking a process on my phone (HTC One M9) called MediaServer. This thing doesn't stop. It heats my phone up to the point of being almost too hot to touch, and drains the battery from 100% to flat in just over an hour. This is a real problem for me and has forced me to stop trialling the app in the meantime.

-marko

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #318 on: May 11, 2015, 12:17:32 pm »

The reason I think it is not transcoding is that I can rarely get through a single track without playback stalling. When it stalls, I can switch over to Gizmo, and there is no stalling for the rest of the journey.

Gizmo supports a local cache for buffering purposes (user-configurable to 1, 5, or 10 songs).  JRemote does not (to my knowledge).  That's likely the cause of the difference you're seeing.

Try disabling the read-ahead cache in Gizmo and see if you get the same kind of interruptions as you do with JRemote.  Even using the 1 song buffering setting in Gizmo I get perfectly smooth playback over 3G (unless I'm on a roadtrip through the mountains or something, in which case I turn the cache up). A little cache can go a long way, and the smooth playback is why I still primarily use Gizmo for out of the house playback.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #319 on: May 11, 2015, 01:03:50 pm »

Thanks. I am aware Gizmo's the cache, and what it does... it came as result of this, a couple of years ago. ;)

Gizmo is also transcoding. Streaming or downloading an 8 meg mp3 has to be better performance-wise than using a 25 meg flac file? Certainly, my recent experience with JRemote is very similar to the issues mentioned in that thread.

The mediaserver issue has however, stopped me dead in my tracks for now. I am not sure why that is happening.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #320 on: May 11, 2015, 01:09:05 pm »

Thanks. I am aware Gizmo's the cache, and what it does... it came as result of this, a couple of years ago. ;)

I figured you were familiar with the Gizmo end of it (although I couldn't have guessed just how familiar  ;D), but I wasn't sure how widely known JRemote's lack of cache was.

Gizmo is also transcoding. Streaming or downloading an 8 meg mp3 has to be better performance-wise than using a 25 meg flac file? Certainly, my recent experience with JRemote is very similar to the issues mentioned in that thread.

I think JRemote is transcoding too if you set it to (It still shows FLAC, but I think I'm seeing smaller data streams), but I'm not certain; I think the difference in stability of playback is the cache.

The mediaserver issue has however, stopped me dead in my tracks for now. I am not sure why that is happening.

That is odd; I'm not seeing anything like that.  Does it show up immediately on launch or playback?

Trumpetguy

« Reply #321 on: May 11, 2015, 01:16:40 pm »

It didn't, but with today's update, this was fixed for me (Xperia Z2, android 5.0.2).

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #322 on: May 11, 2015, 03:50:08 pm »

"mediaserver" is the process thats shown when music playback is running. Its an Android system component, and Gizmo should also spawn it.
I wouldn't know what would cause it to eat up all your battery, though...
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Castius

« Reply #323 on: May 12, 2015, 10:36:07 am »

Hi, Can the metadata that are dates or time. Display a human readable result next to the value?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #324 on: May 12, 2015, 11:20:35 am »

"mediaserver" is the process thats shown when music playback is running. Its an Android system component, and Gizmo should also spawn it.
I wouldn't know what would cause it to eat up all your battery, though...
I tried again this morning, in the house, over 3G. Phone played music for one hour using Gizmo without faltering.
Switched to JRemote...
It would not get through a single track. Sometimes it would play almost to the end, others it would stop barely 40 seconds into the track. Once stopped, the stalled track refused to play on, even stop/starting it would only get me the same clip as previously played. Hitting next would start the next track playing, then it was just a case of waiting to see how much of that track would play.
While doing this, I had MC's temp directory open on the server, and could see the mp3 files being created, so the transcoding is definitely working. I want to cry "Cache", but while I'm sure that would definitely help, the first track of a random playlist is rarely going to be cached so has to be streamed in full, and currently, Gizmo is doing this, but JRemote is not, and I have no idea why.

The mediaserver thing did not raise its head this morning. The times that I have seen this usually occur when playback has stalled and all of the transport buttons have become unresponsive. I'll give it another go in a day or so, but it's a really painful experience for me at the moment, and with so many factors involved in the chain, it's hard to know how to help with trouble shooting. Feels negative to say so, but, if Gizmo works as expected at the same time as JRemote does not, I can't help but think that JRemote has a problem. I only wish I could help figure out what that is exactly.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #325 on: May 12, 2015, 11:28:01 am »

I tried again this morning, in the house, over 3G. Phone played music for one hour using Gizmo without faltering.
Switched to JRemote...
It would not get through a single track. Sometimes it would play almost to the end, others it would stop barely 40 seconds into the track. Once stopped, the stalled track refused to play on, even stop/starting it would only get me the same clip as previously played. Hitting next would start the next track playing, then it was just a case of waiting to see how much of that track would play.
While doing this, I had MC's temp directory open on the server, and could see the mp3 files being created, so the transcoding is definitely working. I want to cry "Cache", but while I'm sure that would definitely help, the first track of a random playlist is rarely going to be cached so has to be streamed in full, and currently, Gizmo is doing this, but JRemote is not, and I have no idea why.

The first track still has to be streamed in full but the key difference is that Gizmo (with the cache setting on) is trying to pull the whole track, so it pulls it just as fast as it can get it (much faster than the rate of playback on a good connection).  That means if it doesn't hit a connectivity problem in the first few seconds it's going have enough of the track to ride out any momentary connectivity issues and stay well ahead of the curve.  I usually get a full track cached in less than thirty seconds (watching the network traffic).

If JRemote is not caching, it's not trying to pull the whole file; it may only be pulling enough to fill it's buffer.  If its buffer is 1 second, than any connectivity interruption longer than 1 second is going to interrupt playback.  

It's easy to test: turn off the caching option in Gizmo entirely and see if you get the same behavior.  

HTPC4ME

« Reply #326 on: May 12, 2015, 04:33:55 pm »

any changes been done to video yet?

just an fyi, i upgrade S4 to lollipop (did a fresh install..was needed), and now video playback on S4 seems to be working on all servers.

however our Galaxy tab 7.0 still just sits and spins.
tablet is on version 4.2.2 (eos, gizmo work)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #327 on: May 12, 2015, 07:26:36 pm »

No video changes yet.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #328 on: May 12, 2015, 07:33:26 pm »

kk ty.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #329 on: May 14, 2015, 01:15:23 pm »

Split EricdeBruin's Zone trouble here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=97597.0
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #330 on: May 15, 2015, 06:48:41 am »

A new version is on its way to the play store, as always give it a couple hours until its available on everyones phone.

20.0.13 / 13 (05/15/2015)

1. Fixed: Properly indicate that the audio is being transcoded on the Playing Now screen.
2. Changed: Refactored the global search functionality to be more reliable.
3. NEW: Video Playback support was entirely re-designed, improves device support and playback reliability.
4. NEW: MP3 Live Streams can be played on the device (assuming the links are "imported" into the library).
5. Fixed: JRemote defaults to local playback if no remote zones are available (because they are all hidden or disconnected).

-------------------------------
I've completely re-implemented video support in this version, and while I don't expect it to be completely problem-free right away, testing has shown great promise to be compatible on a wide range of devices, more than the old solution would've ever been able to do!
Testing of video appreciated!

If someone is curious on some of the technical details, we're now using Google's ExoPlayer for video playback, which is a open-source extensible media player, and most importantly, its not part of the core Android, but can be shipped and upgraded with the App itself.
This has the huge advantage that I can control the version we use, and most importantly, its the exact same on all devices! This should hopefully greatly minimize discrepancys in device support.

Due to using ExoPlayer, JRemote can also use simple and plain MPEG-TS streaming again, and does not need HLS (HTTP Live Streaming), which has a few advantages, notably faster startup and seeking time (for our use case when transcoding video).
Since ExoPlayer is extensible, its also feasible to support native file playback in the future on a local network for a limited set of formats (H264 with a number of audio codecs still to be determined), ie. without transcoding. But this is for the (distant) future, just a hint of what might be possible.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

HTPC4ME

« Reply #331 on: May 15, 2015, 09:24:20 am »

Video now working on S4 (lollipop) Galaxy tab 7.0 with Ir (4.2.2)
Holy Smokes.. i cannot believe how fast the seeking is!
This is awesome!!!

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #332 on: May 15, 2015, 02:02:13 pm »

Video playback much improved in this version (in that it works on my Note 3 with Lollipop, whereas it did not before).  Seeking is also mighty fast. 

I can also confirm that the default to local playback when no visible zones are available on the server works correctly.  Thanks for that. much appreciated.

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
Re:
« Reply #333 on: May 15, 2015, 08:58:24 pm »

I'm still not having much luck with video playback. I've tried high and medium quality and it doesn't make any difference. The video will play for a few seconds (maybe up to 5) and then freeze. It will resume after I pick pause and play, but again only for a few more seconds. The source videos include ripped DVDs, Blu-rays and some recorded HD television programs.

I think I have the latest version of JRemote. I can't find the version # posted on the settings. I have a Nexus 7 (2013) running Android  5.1.1.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #334 on: May 16, 2015, 02:32:38 am »

If you do have the latest version, then it sounds like your server doesn't deliver video fast enough. Especially for High you will need a quite beefy server box.
Did this work in Gizmo? Did you try low quality?

It also isn't unheard of that the automatic staged rollout just takes a bit of time.
You can check the version of any app in the Android System Settings -> Apps, scroll to JRemote and select its entry, it should show the version there.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

DivBy0

• Recent member
« Reply #335 on: May 16, 2015, 08:59:07 am »

A new version is on its way to the play store, as always give it a couple hours until its available on everyones phone.

20.0.13 / 13 (05/15/2015)

1. Fixed: Properly indicate that the audio is being transcoded on the Playing Now screen.

Sorry but I don't see this on droid phone. What I do see is the native format of the audio i.e.: 96000kHz / 3232 kbps FLAC (at the rt bottom of screen).
This I see regardless of how I apply my settings  "Use native audio format" and or "Audio Quality" settings.
Sorry am I missing something, is this only for video?  

Oh and I just noticed that sampling should read 96kHz or 96000Hz. (k) denotes thousand

EricdeBruin

• Recent member
« Reply #336 on: May 17, 2015, 06:28:27 am »

Is there a chance gapless playback (for FLAC) is coming in the future? That would be the ultimate feature to make this app my favourite.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #337 on: May 17, 2015, 06:56:23 am »

Is there a chance gapless playback (for FLAC) is coming in the future? That would be the ultimate feature to make this app my favourite.

We already use the Android MediaPlayer in such a way that we tell it to play the next file right after the first one ends. How gapless that is in reality depends on how Android handles this.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Castius

« Reply #338 on: May 17, 2015, 11:24:19 am »

The new video playback is a nice improvement.
Please consider VP8 VP9 as the next direct codec playback.
Thanks

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #339 on: May 17, 2015, 09:20:23 pm »

Just a heads up that I continue to get incorrect times for time remaining on the track while remote controlling.  Times will vary wildly from correct, too little time on the track to negative numbers while the rest of the track plays.

ripnas4711

« Reply #340 on: May 18, 2015, 05:23:47 am »

- Sorry, double post, couldn't erase -

Hi,

I'm using JRiver, full paid version, with the Android Gizmo app together with a RipNas Statement V4 with dig-out via Spdif coaxial. So far, so fine.

My music files are arranged in folders like this:

- Main folder: Name of the artist
- Sub Folders for each album of this artist.
- Tracks listed in the specific sub-folder.

I'd like to select the files via the different folders. This was possible with the Logitech Squeezebox App. Problem with Gizmo is that selecting the different folders is not possible.

Is this possible with the JRemote app for Android or iOS? If so I'll buy this app. If not, will this be fixed in the next release? If not, is there any other solution known around that works with JRiver and could handle this feature? E.g. Kinsky?

I adressed this problem also to the manufacturer of RipNAS, HFX Austria.  

Thank you.

Best regards

ripnas 4711

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #341 on: May 18, 2015, 05:27:17 am »

You can arrange the files however you want, you just need to setup the views for Gizmo/JRemote in a way that suits your setup.
Go into the MC options, Media Network -> Advanced -> Customize views for Gizmo & WebGizmo
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #342 on: May 18, 2015, 05:55:46 am »

* No local image playback
Current Zone: This Device
Music and Video files are played properly. Bit Image files will not be displayed on my Samsung Note 3  (lollipop)
The images are available and valid. When set to "Steuerung" (remote controlling MC) the images were displayed on the PC.

* DLNA issue
Finding my DLNA Renderer (Onkyo TX-NR838) is difficult. Sometimes it helps to restart JRemote, sometimes it is better to restart the phone. It will also not connect when the Amp already plays files which have been sent using another DLNA controller.

* GUI
The menu panel sometimes keeps empty or flickers. Closing and open again helps. Sometimes it takes 2 or three tries.

As expected, the 'back' button brings me to the higher level. But once beeing in Music, Video back does not open the main menu, instead it closes the app. 

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #343 on: May 18, 2015, 06:21:56 am »

* DLNA issue
Finding my DLNA Renderer (Onkyo TX-NR838) is difficult. Sometimes it helps to restart JRemote, sometimes it is better to restart the phone. It will also not connect when the Amp already plays files which have been sent using another DLNA controller.

JRemote is not a DLNA controller, it just controls MC. If its not showing your DLNA device, then MC is not telling it about it. JRemote does no DLNA discovery or direct DLNA control on its own.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Castius

« Reply #344 on: May 18, 2015, 09:29:27 am »

When i open jriver the upper left icon is multiple icons. play, shuffle and the three horizontal bars.
Once i click on it to open left side menu. Then close it and  the icons are fixed.

Images do not play. I sys playing but nothing happens.

Nexus 4
android 5.1
jremote 20.0.13

HTPC4ME

« Reply #345 on: May 18, 2015, 10:46:02 am »

Just want to give a huge thank you to Hendrik again for the awesome speed improvement when seeking. It makes for a much more enjoyable experience!

Few requests/concerns.

As expected, the 'back' button brings me to the higher level. But once beeing in Music, Video back does not open the main menu, instead it closes the app.
same here... an exit confirmation as discussed would be nice.

* Ratings... is there any possibility of adding an X. so that those of us who only use 5 star and ZERO star can easily remove 5 stars?
Our family did alot of playing with jremote this weekend and we couldnt figure out how to remove the 5 stars without having to walk to the server, search for the file we no longer wanted 5 star'd and changing the rating there.

* any possibility of having "playing from playing to" visible at all times (similar to gizmo?) ive noticed numerous times when JRemote has been closed, and upon reopening days later it auto connects to the last server that was used, and the only way of knowing what server was used is by clicking on my servers, and touching the one you want to use. it would be nice to be alerted upon connection which server you are connected to/or to visibly see it at all times, being jremote does not land you on a server pick screen like gizmo does. it just auto starts you.
or maybe on the My Servers screen having a star/check mark of which library is currently connected? Our family consensus would prefer it being listed at all times similar to gizmo (this was very handy & quick)

* The ability to hide certain servers in My Servers. some of us have private servers, it would be nice if one presses on a server in my servers that we could have an option that pops up "please enter pass to access this library."

* Chromecast support

* Live preview seeking as Glynor mentioned in another post.. would be stellar (this would also be nice in standard/theaterview as well if at all possible.)
Perhaps an additional "cover art folder" could be made which would entail all video previews of clips, allowing for much more precise seeking? (Maybe they could be built automatically whenever an auto import is being done?)

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #346 on: May 18, 2015, 10:59:25 am »

* Ratings... is there any possibility of adding an X. so that those of us who only use 5 star and ZERO star can easily remove 5 stars?
Just press-and-hold on the stars and swipe all the way over to the left, that will set it to zero, or to the right for 5. I don't see the need for an extra button just to clear it, which would use more space.

* any possibility of having "playing from playing to" visible at all times (similar to gizmo?)
I can possibly make it say that in the navbar somewhere, no plans for a "constant" display in the header or footer however.

* The ability to hide certain servers in My Servers. some of us have private servers, it would be nice if one presses on a server in my servers that we could have an option that pops up "please enter pass to access this library."
You can delete servers if you don't want them to be accessible from the phone anymore (long-press, select the delete icon, i believe), no further plans for the time being.

* Chromecast support
At some point, not very soon.

* Live preview seeking as Glynor mentioned in another post.. would be stellar (this would also be nice in standard/theaterview as well if at all possible.)
No plans for that in the near future.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

HTPC4ME

« Reply #347 on: May 18, 2015, 11:41:40 am »

Just press-and-hold on the stars and swipe all the way over to the left, that will set it to zero, or to the right for 5. I don't see the need for an extra button just to clear it, which would use more space.
Thanks.. easy peasy.

I can possibly make it say that in the navbar somewhere.
we would appreciate this. Thank you for considering.

audunth

« Reply #348 on: May 26, 2015, 03:39:26 am »

Is it possible to extend bluetooth media controls (introduced in .10) to video and other zones? That would make me able to control playback in the Home Theater with my watch :-)
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #349 on: May 26, 2015, 03:47:13 am »

Is it possible to extend bluetooth media controls (introduced in .10) to video and other zones? That would make me able to control playback in the Home Theater with my watch :-)

The Bluetooth controls will only work for local playback. I guess I can make it work for local video playback..
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up