INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote for Android -- Now available  (Read 262613 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Re: JRemote for Android -- Now available
« Reply #350 on: May 26, 2015, 04:10:00 am »

I don't know if this is known, but I still almost never get auto reconnect when I start up JRemote even if I have been on the same wifi network all day. :(
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

audunth

« Reply #351 on: May 26, 2015, 04:16:41 am »

Video control would be appreciated, useful for watching video on a tablet placed a few meters away, or for music videos :-)

No chance of zone control via bluetooth? Well, I really hope Wear support will be considered sometime in the future, as Android watches are getting more and more popular.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #352 on: May 26, 2015, 08:36:43 am »

I don't know if this is known, but I still almost never get auto reconnect when I start up JRemote even if I have been on the same wifi network all day. :(

I found one bug this morning that resulted in some weird behavior when reconnecting sometimes, hopefully its going to be a bit more reliable in future builds.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #353 on: May 26, 2015, 09:37:41 am »

Thanks, Hendrik! I hope so too! It's kind of annoying to reconnect manually almost every time i use it. But at least it seems like it has learnt to reconnet to the correct zone on MC now, so I don't have to change that! :) The weird thing is that even when it hasn't reconnected I'm still on the same screen as I was before it disconnected. So if I have picked a track from an album, I will see that album in the screen I'm on, and when I reconnect I can pick a track from the same album directly.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #354 on: May 26, 2015, 06:27:25 pm »

I'm on a Galaxy S6 with lollipop, running jremote 20.0.13
Listened to a few songs in the car today.
When I got home, I clicked the STOP button to stop playback, then the back button a few times to exit out of the app.
There is still the notification showing the last song played and audio controls.
I can't get this to go away.
I even went into app switcher and selected "close all".
JRemote, gmail, etc. are all gone now from running apps, but that jremote notification still remains.
Rebooted the phone to get rid of it since I'm done listening for the day.

springtian

• Recent member
« Reply #355 on: May 27, 2015, 07:42:28 pm »

Hi, guys,

I find the album images are far way small when using pad with high res. Can I set them displayed bigger?

Thank you for all the wonderful work.

springtian

krmasson

• World Citizen
« Reply #356 on: May 31, 2015, 04:21:31 am »

Hello there,

I recently downloaded JRemote for Android, and I have to say that I am somewhat disappointed:

- as Springtian just said, the thumbnails are far to small to be really readable. I did not find any setting to change the size.
- album titles are often truncated in the different views, even in landscape mode, because JRemote seems to be unaware of the device having rotated
- still no ability to choose which metadata are displayed
- I have not seen any trace of the "playing now" play list, as in WebGizmo or (Android) Gizmo ?

Unless I am completely missing something, I thing that JRemote, although his interface is much more "modern" and up to date, is actually less usable than WebGizmo or Android Gizmo. I am the more disappointed that there was no trial version, and I had to directly pay it and trust it in order to begin to play with.

Are there any plan to fix the points above?

Regards
CM

Bccc1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #357 on: May 31, 2015, 08:09:24 am »

On Xperia L C2105 with Android 4.2.2 Video via JRemote doesn't work. Video via Gizmo works. On my Nexus 7 2013 WiFi 5.0.2 everything works fine. I don't know if it's in anyway helpfull, but I attached logs from both the server and the smartphone unsuccessfully trying to play a video.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #358 on: May 31, 2015, 08:59:50 am »

On Xperia L C2105 with Android 4.2.2 Video via JRemote doesn't work. Video via Gizmo works. On my Nexus 7 2013 WiFi 5.0.2 everything works fine. I don't know if it's in anyway helpfull, but I attached logs from both the server and the smartphone unsuccessfully trying to play a video.

You seem to be using an old version of JRemote on your phone, or so the log says.
Video support was entirely re-designed in a recent version.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #359 on: May 31, 2015, 09:03:34 am »

- as Springtian just said, the thumbnails are far to small to be really readable. I did not find any setting to change the size.
- album titles are often truncated in the different views, even in landscape mode, because JRemote seems to be unaware of the device having rotated

Tablet and landscape support will be improved in a future version.

- I have not seen any trace of the "playing now" play list, as in WebGizmo or (Android) Gizmo ?

Swipe to the left on the playing now screen, primarily on the cover art ("drag" the screen, so that the playlist shows up)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Bccc1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #360 on: May 31, 2015, 09:55:31 am »

You seem to be using an old version of JRemote on your phone, or so the log says.
Video support was entirely re-designed in a recent version.

I actually thought I updated but you're right, it was the old Version. Thanks for the quick response and sorry for the waste of time. Now it works.

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Re: JRemote for Android -- Now available
« Reply #361 on: June 02, 2015, 11:04:24 am »

If you do have the latest version, then it sounds like your server doesn't deliver video fast enough. Especially for High you will need a quite beefy server box.
Did this work in Gizmo? Did you try low quality?

It also isn't unheard of that the automatic staged rollout just takes a bit of time.
You can check the version of any app in the Android System Settings -> Apps, scroll to JRemote and select its entry, it should show the version there.
Yeah, you're right. The PC used as my mc20 server is an older system that I run headlessly in my basement and control using remote desktop. It's always worked fine as a music server. It easily handles 24-bit or DSD multichannel audio tracks, but I don't use it for video, since there's no monitor attached. I tried adding a couple more sticks of RAM and that improved the video performance, but it still wasn't great. So I tried using my much more powerful HTPC as the server. It works much better. I can even watch my mkv blu-rays.

rockson61

• Recent member
Galaxy S5 Native .wav support coming?
« Reply #362 on: June 02, 2015, 03:24:06 pm »

Most of my media library is in .wav format and it would be great if I could stream it to my Galaxy S5 without transcoding (like I can on my iPad). I know the S5 can play .wav files without any issues as I can access the media library directly from my network app and play any .wav file on the phone.

It would be wonderful to be able to do this on my galaxy S5. Hopefully, you're considering it with a future version of JRemote??  ?

sorepinky

« Reply #363 on: June 02, 2015, 07:21:31 pm »

The progress bar is too close to the rating stars.  If you drag the progress bar to hear the middle of a track, your finger can hit the stars and before you know it you have some dumb star rating you didn't want.

Is there a way to hide those stars?

Also the time remaining is still often wrong and can run into negative numbers.  It happens as soon as you click the next track button, whereupon the time remaining (displayed to the right of the progress bar) is not updated, but carries over from the previous track.

miklats

• Recent member
« Reply #364 on: June 03, 2015, 11:15:07 am »

Hello

I cant find how to enlarge the Album files on my Android Pad.
For my eyes they are way to small.

Thank you

adrianmak

• Recent member
« Reply #365 on: June 04, 2015, 05:40:01 pm »

did the app optimized for large screen tablet size device ? or
same look on phone and tablet

krustycat

• Recent member
« Reply #366 on: June 04, 2015, 06:35:40 pm »

Would you please fix the problem with my ASUS tablet?

I haven't been able to even try the app once, it crashes immediately.

Why should i have to buy another tablet when many other apps run well?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #367 on: June 04, 2015, 06:38:06 pm »

It's probably not something we can fix.  What is the version of Android?

krustycat

• Recent member
« Reply #368 on: June 04, 2015, 06:42:15 pm »

It's probably not something we can fix.  What is the version of Android?

ASUS ME302C running android 4.3

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #369 on: June 04, 2015, 06:47:47 pm »

Does the audio player on it work?  Try playing an MP3 file.

krustycat

• Recent member
« Reply #370 on: June 04, 2015, 07:00:45 pm »

I use Gizmo and works perfect

krustycat

• Recent member
« Reply #371 on: June 04, 2015, 07:02:33 pm »

Does the audio player on it work?  Try playing an MP3 file.

Nothing works, it crashes before I can do anything, except when I setup the server connection

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #372 on: June 04, 2015, 07:15:26 pm »

Not JRemote, but the audio player itself.

krustycat

• Recent member
« Reply #373 on: June 04, 2015, 07:16:56 pm »

Not JRemote, but the audio player itself.

yes, it does

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #374 on: June 04, 2015, 07:18:28 pm »

Try setting conversion to something simple.

krustycat

• Recent member
« Reply #375 on: June 04, 2015, 07:23:19 pm »

Try setting conversion to something simple.

Sorry, but I do not understand what you want me to do.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #376 on: June 04, 2015, 08:04:41 pm »

You may be trying to play files the audio player doesn't like.  You have different choices.  Try the menu button in JRemote.

krustycat

• Recent member
« Reply #377 on: June 04, 2015, 08:17:20 pm »

I wish I could try but immediately after JRemote connects to the server automatically or manually it just crashes, there is nothing I can do at all.

Have you ever looked at the crash report I have sent several times through google?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #378 on: June 04, 2015, 08:56:10 pm »

So it happens before you try to play anything?

krustycat

• Recent member
« Reply #379 on: June 04, 2015, 09:58:48 pm »

yes, I load the program, it connects to the server or I choose the server to connect to and it crashes right away.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #380 on: June 05, 2015, 02:52:19 am »

The crash on that particular device is somewhere deep in its Android core functions when we try to use RenderScript, which we use to render some of the images.
Unfortunately, I do not think we will be able to fix it anytime soon, not without access to such a device anyway. There are a lot of reports of problems with that tablet of a similar sort, which all comes back to it having a serious design flaw.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

krustycat

• Recent member
« Reply #381 on: June 05, 2015, 05:31:46 am »

Thanks for the explanation.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #382 on: June 08, 2015, 06:49:39 am »

A new version is on its way to the play store. As always, it'll be a couple hours before its available for everyone.

20.0.14 / 14 (06/08/2015)

1. NEW: The view mode is save individually for every browse and track view.
2. Fixed: A few stability improvements.

-------------------

Before questions come up, here a short explanation how the view mode is saved. Its not saved for every individual "folder", but based on the underlying views (at least if you have MC 20.0.113 or newer)
That means, if you have a view set up with categories for Artists and Albums, then it'll use the same view mode for every artist and every album inside this view.

It is done this way because I do not believe its very useful to change the view mode for one artist, then switch to another one, and having to switch it there again, repeat for 100 artists.

This is similar (although not exactly the same) to how MC saves the view modes in Theater View.

One addition I might consider for the future is allowing different view modes for different levels of a view.
Going back to the earlier example, you have a category view with Artists -> Albums, and you want a different mode for Artists than for Albums. This isn't supported right now, but I might consider it as a addition in the future.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #383 on: June 08, 2015, 08:21:04 am »

Great! Quick question, boss: You mentioned some things with the reconnect (which I'm having problems with) some days or maybe a couple of weeks ago. Are those amongst the fixes in this time?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #384 on: June 08, 2015, 08:25:06 am »

Great! Quick question, boss: You mentioned some things with the reconnect (which I'm having problems with) some days or maybe a couple of weeks ago. Are those amongst the fixes in this time?

You tell me if it behaves any better now. Its a bit of a complex topic, and seems to work fine on my test devices now.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #385 on: June 08, 2015, 08:27:55 am »

OK, thanks! I'll see in the next few days and get back to you! Putting it in my calendar to post on Thursday!

DivBy0

• Recent member
« Reply #386 on: June 08, 2015, 12:40:03 pm »

Nice...very nice. I'm glad to see the unit of measure and similarly "Using native audio format" designation i.e.: FLAC/MP3 all seems to work correctly. Thank You! I would like to point out 2 other issues if I may. If I "Shuffle and Play" my audio collection (3700+ albums, range from 192-44kHz) the time it take to download, compile and play on my galaxy S5, seems to be taking longer than before. I never time how long previously, but now it takes over 60 sec. Finally, once the songs start to play, if I press the info button and try to view the songs metadata, the phone locks up and needs to be restarted to clear. If I was to play a single album and select the info button, the metadata would show correctly with no issue. Thanks, your doing a great job..I like what I see so far....

Al ex

Re: Re: JRemote for Android -- Now available
« Reply #387 on: June 08, 2015, 12:57:14 pm »

A new version is on its way to the play store. As always, it'll be a couple hours before its available for everyone.

-------------------

Before questions come up, here a short explanation how the view mode is saved. Its not saved for every individual "folder", but based on the underlying views (at least if you have MC 20.0.113 or newer)
That means, if you have a view set up with categories for Artists and Albums, then it'll use the same view mode for every artist and every album inside this view.

It is done this way because I do not believe its very useful to change the view mode for one artist, then switch to another one, and having to switch it there again, repeat for 100 artists.

This is similar (although not exactly the same) to how MC saves the view modes in Theater View.

One addition I might consider for the future is allowing different view modes for different levels of a view.
Going back to the earlier example, you have a category view with Artists -> Albums, and you want a different mode for Artists than for Albums. This isn't supported right now, but I might consider it as a addition in the future.
Hi Hendrik, I wish you could finish the remaining 10% of the initial Android version - like WoL, Put to Sleep, show right formats in Metadata, choose which Metadata to show.
At least a planned implementation schedule would be good to know... Cheers.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #388 on: June 08, 2015, 01:21:04 pm »

We generally do not publish detailed future plans, even less so with priorities or dates attached.
There also are no "promised" features which would make a 100% version, as you seem to believe. Features are implemented as we weigh their priority and complexity.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

gpqpptdp

« Reply #389 on: June 09, 2015, 03:30:50 am »

Hello

I'm installed JRemote on my LG G3 with lollipop and JRiver 20.
Impossible to use the app.

The server doesn't stay in memory, it desappears all the time .
I have approximatly 15-20s between the app and JRiver for changing a song for exemple and It overheats my G3

I tried the both way to connect and nothing changes.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #390 on: June 10, 2015, 02:26:51 am »

I'm afraid I still have the autoconnect problems, especially when I "close" the app by using the home button on my S5. It seems like it does autoconnect some times if I close it with back, back, back, back... and so on until I'm completely out of the library view I'm working in. And when I connect manually I will still have to go back, back, back until I'm at the root before it works as it should. :(

sorepinky

« Reply #391 on: June 10, 2015, 07:39:28 pm »

There was a JRemote update last night on my Asus ME176C tablet. Basically, everything still works fine. Connection is instant (I used static IP and NOT the access code).

However, the progress bar and time remaining digits remain very buggy.  Frozen bar, negative digits.  Bar at end of track with track still playing etc., etc.

Edit:  If you press the "circle i" symbol to display the track info and then return, the progress bar and time remaining seem to correct themselves.

sorepinky

« Reply #392 on: June 19, 2015, 12:56:28 am »

So are you going to fix this?  The progress bar works flawlessly on Gizmo and BubbleUPnP, but on this JRemote app, whatever code is sitting behind the progress bar must have errors in it.

Another of its behaviours is that when you drag it to a middle part of a playing track, it can throw you into the next track!  It really is a mess.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #393 on: June 19, 2015, 06:51:51 am »

Nice...very nice. I'm glad to see the unit of measure and similarly "Using native audio format" designation i.e.: FLAC/MP3 all seems to work correctly. Thank You! I would like to point out 2 other issues if I may. If I "Shuffle and Play" my audio collection (3700+ albums, range from 192-44kHz) the time it take to download, compile and play on my galaxy S5, seems to be taking longer than before. I never time how long previously, but now it takes over 60 sec.

I'm not sure why this would be slower now, but in any case loading a playlist of over 3700 albums (so what, 40000+ tracks?) is probably too much for comfort.
Gizmo for example has a size limit on playlist length of 1000 tracks so its not excessively long. I didn't chose to implement such a limit, but if you use it in such a way, its obviously going to take some time to load your entire music database onto the phone, and maybe even for MC to assemble the list before it starts sending it out.

It might be better to use a pre-shuffled Smartlist with a track number limit (ie. like the built-in "100 Random Songs" smartlist) if this approach is just too slow.

I'm afraid I still have the autoconnect problems, especially when I "close" the app by using the home button on my S5. It seems like it does autoconnect some times if I close it with back, back, back, back... and so on until I'm completely out of the library view I'm working in. And when I connect manually I will still have to go back, back, back until I'm at the root before it works as it should. :(

Do you restart MC in between, or does MC change its IP or something, or is this over several days of inactivity?
I'm not sure why you would otherwise even need a reconnect, its not like there is a permanent connection between JRemote and MC.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jbrumatti

« Reply #394 on: June 19, 2015, 09:03:28 pm »

Hello.
I bought JRemote for Android just thinking of Metadata features such as the Artist Bio, and perhaps even the ability to access the Lyrics.
In addition to not have these resources available (only appears the logo of the Last.FM), the albums covers are very small on the tablet.
For some of these problems existed solution?
Thank you.

sorepinky

« Reply #395 on: June 20, 2015, 05:27:55 am »

The pause/play button sometimes shows as a play button when music is already playing.

DivBy0

• Recent member
« Reply #396 on: June 21, 2015, 03:30:22 pm »

.....in any case loading a playlist of over 3700 albums (so what, 40000+ tracks?) is probably too much for comfort.
Gizmo for example has a size limit on playlist length of 1000 tracks so its not excessively long. I didn't chose to implement such a limit, but if you use it in such a way, its obviously going to take some time to load your entire music database onto the phone, and maybe even for MC to assemble the list before it starts sending it out.

It might be better to use a pre-shuffled Smartlist with a track number limit (ie. like the built-in "100 Random Songs" smartlist) if this approach is just too slow.

Thanks for the Smartlist tip. I haven't used it before, finally got it to work and it's kinda cool. Only problem is once invoked, it maintains its "100 Random Songs" in memory. The only way I can see to refresh or get a new 100 Song list is to restart media server. But unlike the Smartlist, using "Shuffle and play" for Artist or Album you get a refresh of all songs each time invoked. Well that's probably better served on another Topic for another day.....

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #397 on: June 22, 2015, 05:55:59 am »

I've posted a new version to the play store. As always, it'll take a couple hours before the new version reaches everyone, so be a bit patience.

20.0.15 / 15 (06/22/2015)

1. Fixed: WakeOnLan requests did not work properly.
2. Fixed: Time Elapsed when playing to a remote system should be more reliable (testing appreciated).
3. NEW: Option to select the size of thumbnails in browse and track views.

------------------

The new option to select the thumbnail size should help tablet users specifically. We do plan to improve the overall experience on tablets in a future version, but this should be a first quick fix to increase the size of album thumbnails in the different views, making it a bit more usable.

Additionally, for those using WakeOnLan, please do test if it works now. It should behave quite similar to Gizmo now, and hopefully also work then!
It'll send a WoL request automatically when you try to connect. The re-try and timeout for connecting may still need tweaking, so it may be required to hit connect a second time to give the system time to startup after the WoL request.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

sorepinky

« Reply #398 on: June 23, 2015, 05:32:14 am »

Re Item 2, now the time remaining (controlling MC20 to play to itself) seems OK.  There is a split second before it appears now, but then it's OK and the correct numbers seem to display.  Same after selecting the next track or any other track/album.  Seems good.

However!!!  I have never once seen MC crash on my PC until tonight (I have been using it since MC18).  The phone rang, so I pressed pause on JRemote.

After the call finished and while it was still paused, I changed my mind about what to play and selected another album.  No sound and the play button would not work.

I went to the PC to see that MC had crashed/was not responding.  A first!

Re Item 3, the larger thumbnails are a lot better.

Also someone else pointed out that the artist bio just shows a "Last.FM" logo.  I concur.

Edit: Re Item 1, this can't be tested on my Asus tablet as it seems to send a magic packet automatically upon start-up, so PC amd MC20 server are out of hibernation before invoking JRemote anyway.

Al ex

Re:
« Reply #399 on: June 23, 2015, 02:50:46 pm »

WoL works on my Android 4.4.2, however, I was wondering for what the WoL button is, because this one did not work.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up