INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote for Android -- Now available  (Read 262576 times)

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
  • "I picked a helluva day to install MC!"
Re: JRemote for Android -- Now available
« Reply #500 on: March 10, 2016, 09:56:25 am »

Yes, a known issue with my setup. One more reason to bite the bullet and run CAT6 to this room (tricky project). Recently dedicated a whole 5 Ghz SSID to my server, and still experiencing issues...

Thanks.

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #501 on: March 10, 2016, 11:49:53 am »

chromecast working great here... thanks for this!

eta on a widget similar to eos?

thanks

DJLegba

« Reply #502 on: March 10, 2016, 09:28:18 pm »

I like JRemote but it would be even better if dates were translated to standard format when viewing metadata.

Arcturus

• World Citizen
« Reply #503 on: March 10, 2016, 11:02:13 pm »

Do you have authentication turned on at the server?  It's required.

Yes of course. It was working fine for years (in gizmo) then just stopped working. Same for both apps.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #504 on: March 11, 2016, 07:25:00 am »

Any security changes?  Firewall?

Arcturus

• World Citizen
« Reply #505 on: March 11, 2016, 02:52:32 pm »

Any security changes?  Firewall?

No nothing at all, apart from JRiver being updated, which is when it stopped. Not the very last update but the one prior to that. I am on the "stable" update channel. Everything else works great though, its only that.

I noticed other people had this issue a while back but didn't see any solutions to the problem.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #506 on: March 11, 2016, 04:08:01 pm »

Security software might block one version and not another. 

Arcturus

• World Citizen
« Reply #507 on: March 11, 2016, 05:08:34 pm »

But that is not the case here as I don't have any apart from Windows Firewall and that's it. And JRiver is fully authorized. Its also odd that both Gizmo and JRemote ratings stopped working at the time.

While I got you here though, Is JRemote ever going to fix how it refreshes the index of available files?

As it is now it's like a day or several hours behind, even if I force close and re-open the app. I can load another app BubbleUPnP and I get a up to the second listing of the files on my server and on top of that it even has a REFRESH  button just in case it is not. I think it is a very necessary feature. What's funny is, If I see JRemote is behind and I start BubbleUPnP and get the current index then close the app and go back to JRemote, it's then up to date.

Personally I prefer the look of JRemote but end up having to use Bubble 50% of the time because of that issue.

EDIT

So for whatever reason, I just got the update last night. The ratings work again (without having to stop what's playing) so yay, that's fixed.

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
« Reply #508 on: March 15, 2016, 09:20:50 am »

Quick question: Is it possible to interrupt anything playing on "Connected Media" using JRemote? My wife always has Pandora on, using MC on our server. If I want to change what's playing, I have to interface with the server directly, I see no way of stopping it from JRemote.

Can anyone help? Is this possible?

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
« Reply #509 on: March 15, 2016, 09:23:56 am »

^ In Gizmo, if you do a search, one of the matches will be Artist.  When you click on the result, you get a menu with a few choices.  One is "play", which seems to do a semi-random ordering of full albums.  Another is Shuffle, which adds all songs in a full random order (not by album).  I actually think that the Gizmo results aren't very useful because you can NOT drill down from search results to find an album or a song.  You just get the menu.

I'll bet we could build you a view that does what you want though.  Displays Artists, and when you click the artist, displays all songs from all albums.  Optionally ordered randomly by album (but sorted within album).  If that would be helpful, I think it would be easy to do.

Brian.

You know, I'm not sure I understand fully the difference between Gizmo and JRemote. I have both. I've been using JRemote mostly exclusively on my Android. Can someone help me distinguish? I'm an audio-only guy.

Carlosb1978

• Recent member
« Reply #510 on: March 16, 2016, 12:38:38 pm »

Many thanks for the remote, have just ditched gizmo...

Was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is anyway on JRemote to view the files and folders as they are arranged on my pc?? I have 4TB of music arrange a to z in folders as well as multiple artists, classical etc... and searching rather than browsing is not exactly how I'd prefer to choose the music I listen to...

Please help.

Many Thanks

Carl

highks

« Reply #511 on: March 23, 2016, 07:05:38 am »

@This2ShallPass, I always found the search in Gizmo really confusing.
If you search for an artist, you get multiple results and if you click on the wrong one, JRiver will open the album art as a picture or something like that.

With JRemote, the search results are a lot more like in JRiver itself (= they make sense)

This was one of the main reasons I bought JRemote and got rid of Gizmo. I just wasn't able to figure out the logic behind the search function in Gizmo!

HTPC4ME

« Reply #512 on: April 19, 2016, 06:45:02 am »

eta on a widget similar to eos?
Any chance of a widget?
Thanks

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
« Reply #513 on: April 19, 2016, 08:16:34 am »

@This2ShallPass, I always found the search in Gizmo really confusing.
If you search for an artist, you get multiple results and if you click on the wrong one, JRiver will open the album art as a picture or something like that.

With JRemote, the search results are a lot more like in JRiver itself (= they make sense)

This was one of the main reasons I bought JRemote and got rid of Gizmo. I just wasn't able to figure out the logic behind the search function in Gizmo!

Any thoughts about combining the functionality of these two apps (Gizmo and JRemote) into one? There are clearly benefits to using one (as illustrated above, with JRemote search results), and then the other (as a Theater View remote for what's playing on the server/client elsewhere, where Gizmo shines). Everything else seems duplicative.

Am I off base here?

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
« Reply #514 on: April 22, 2016, 01:31:47 pm »

Yup, something's not right with Gizmo and JRemote... cannot get - under any circumstances - more than one song to play when using ChromeCast Audio.

To be clear: Selecting a playlist, or a search output, selecting "Add to playing now" or "Shuffle and Play all" or any other function will play ONE SONG, and then stop.

DJLegba

« Reply #515 on: April 22, 2016, 01:39:30 pm »

I have no trouble casting from Gizmo. I haven't bothered trying from JRemote Android because JRemote stops after one track even without casting. However, if you install BubbleUPnP on your MC computer you can set up your CCA as a DNLA renderer and control it with JRemote by switching the zone from This Device to your CCA.

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
« Reply #516 on: April 22, 2016, 01:44:52 pm »

I have never been able to get zones to work correctly on my setup. I could probably use a tutorial. Each time I try to set up, I get a result that doesn't fit the zone descriptor, and the zone linking NEVER works.

Does this bubble software have to be on the same MC machine (in this case a client) as the CCA, or on the server machine?

DJLegba

« Reply #517 on: April 22, 2016, 01:49:22 pm »

Does this bubble software have to be on the same MC machine (in this case a client) as the CCA, or on the server machine?

Not sure I understand. I installed BubbleUPnP on my MC computer. The CCA is just a network device - it's not "on" a computer.

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
« Reply #518 on: April 22, 2016, 01:50:15 pm »

Yeah, I see that I didn't make much sense.

Gunny

• Recent member
« Reply #519 on: May 13, 2016, 03:35:11 pm »

Hello - Reposting this here in hopes of getting the right eyeballs on it.

Any help of feedback is appreciated.

When I search for a title using JRemote it finds the title but when I select it, a different title plays.  I can select the same title without using the search feature  (scrolling through the entire library) and it plays correctly.

I have also noticed that ISO's wil not play when selected with JRemote but if selected directly from Theater View they play fine.

I am running JRemote on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #520 on: June 16, 2016, 07:12:33 am »

YonathanZ

• Recent member
« Reply #521 on: July 02, 2016, 05:02:02 am »

I have looked at the screenshots of the app on the Google Play store, but it only shows a list of audio files.
My question is, is it possible to view the description of movies on the app, or just the title?

I want to use my phone to choose what movie I wanna watch.

Gadgety

« Reply #522 on: October 27, 2016, 09:03:50 am »

Video control would be appreciated, useful for watching video on a tablet placed a few meters away, or for music videos :-)

No chance of zone control via bluetooth? Well, I really hope Wear support will be considered sometime in the future, as Android watches are getting more and more popular.

Any plans for an Android Wear remote?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #523 on: November 20, 2016, 03:12:36 pm »

Does the app allow you to add songs to existing playlists and create new playlists?
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

audunth

« Reply #524 on: November 20, 2016, 05:37:16 pm »

I have looked at the screenshots of the app on the Google Play store, but it only shows a list of audio files.
My question is, is it possible to view the description of movies on the app, or just the title?

I want to use my phone to choose what movie I wanna watch.

Yes, if you browse through movies in JRemote, you can long-click on a movie name or cover and select Metadata.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

123Sunshine

• Recent member
« Reply #525 on: December 01, 2016, 05:46:33 am »

A little while ago I bought JRemote for my iPad and iPhone. Now, I would also like to have it on my DAP, the Pioneer XDP-100R.

I can’t find a way to make my purchase valid for the audio player as well. How do I do that?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #526 on: December 01, 2016, 07:05:52 am »

Android and iOS versions are separate products.  I don't know if the Android version would work on that device.

Capa

« Reply #527 on: February 07, 2017, 08:16:48 am »

Some of my artist images are not showing up in JRemote

I think I narrowed it down to Album Artists that have multiple Artist tags.

Is there a work around this?

HTPC4ME

« Reply #528 on: February 07, 2017, 11:25:48 am »

any eta on
1. widget
2. theaterview control
3. allow editing of genres in all views/subtypes... with the ability to see/have tick boxes (tough to recall all of our genres..makes tagging clean & simple... tick boxes w/ all available choices for all meta data would be stellar!)
4. when playing video, allow video to folloow screen rotation (if viewing vertically, leave vertically.)
5. when video is playing allow for more player controls ... example if one choses to play a playlist/genre/actor in shuffle mode,jremote display view now show controls for play, stop. Having additional controls such as ffwd, rwd, next track, prev. info button, zones, shuffle, and repeat. would be awesome.

I'd be happy 2 pay more for app thats complete. or help pay for program time.
Thanks.

Ekpen

« Reply #529 on: February 07, 2017, 12:11:51 pm »

I woke up this morning, thinking about this limitation of JRemote.
I remember, the very first version of JRemote has theater view remote, this feature was removed  later.
I do not mind paying more to help in further developement. This is a very nice app for JRiver.

Thanks.
George

HTPC4ME

« Reply #530 on: February 07, 2017, 03:38:02 pm »

$100? paypal addy?

captainkurt

• Recent member
« Reply #531 on: February 28, 2017, 08:55:50 pm »

I am having a hard time adding to the now playing cue. Is there a tutorial somewhere? ?

mamita

• Recent member
« Reply #532 on: March 19, 2017, 06:27:39 am »

I changed my celfone,so i transferred the jremote to my new celfone using smart switch from samsung.When i open the jremote from my new celfone its says"you have no saved servers.You need at least one to use this remote",so i tapped the button that says "ADD SERVER",its says that i need a jriver access key.My question is where can i find my jriver access key?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #533 on: March 19, 2017, 06:31:04 am »

You can see it in the MC Options, under Media Network -> Access Key
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #534 on: March 19, 2017, 07:04:25 am »

The wiki also has a topic on Access Key.

For these kinds of problems, search at Google for JRiver Access Key .

mamita

• Recent member
« Reply #535 on: March 20, 2017, 05:44:12 am »

Thank you so much HENDRIK and JIMH,im already using my jremote. :)

buggyglint

• Recent member
« Reply #536 on: May 29, 2017, 02:35:37 pm »

Since 21.0.1 supports "ChromeCastAudio", does that mean it will play 24bit 192khz/96khz audio from JRiver without transcoding to MP3? Or will I still need to setup a BubbleuPnP server to accommodate lossless casting to the Chromecast Audio.

buggyglint

• Recent member
« Reply #537 on: June 04, 2017, 07:09:57 pm »

Using BubbleuPnP seems to play my files without compression and sounds great but I'm curious about the Chromecast feature instead of using BubbleuPnP and the extra zone. If I select my Chromecast Audio in with the Chromecast button, will it play the files at 24bit/96khz or heavily compress them?

EDIT: Tested, using the Chromecast feature in JRemote for Android will encode all music into MP3 whereas using the BubbleUPnP zone method, will retain original hi res flac.

Goatshade

« Reply #538 on: July 06, 2017, 11:37:02 pm »

Is this still actively developed? I notice that both it and Gizmo haven't been updated in some time.

Goatshade

« Reply #539 on: July 26, 2017, 03:07:57 am »

Any word yet on theatre view control?

uncola

• Recent member
« Reply #540 on: August 06, 2017, 06:21:36 am »

jremote UI is so easy to use and awesome.. I wish I could use it on my android phone without having to run jriver on my pc.  just use it as a full music playing app on my phone.  any chance that could happen in the future? :P

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #541 on: August 06, 2017, 06:38:08 am »

jremote UI is so easy to use and awesome.. I wish I could use it on my android phone without having to run jriver on my pc.  just use it as a full music playing app on my phone.  any chance that could happen in the future? :P
Not anytime soon.  You could set it up to play your home collection when you're on the road.  The wiki has a topic on Network Access .

slerch666

• World Citizen
« Reply #542 on: September 26, 2017, 02:51:57 pm »

I don't know if it is addressed or not in here, I did a search but didn't find anything (doesn't mean my search was right).

What I'd like to have access to with JRemote is equalizer and other audio settings. I also would like the ability to choose which renderer to use. My Marantz is set up as "audio only" but for whatever reason it always tries to choose the generic DLNA "server" I am using, which doesn't playback audio correctly as the Marantz can't play APE.

If access to EQ is available, I can't find it, so if it's documented somewhere, just point and I'll shut up and read.

narbi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #543 on: November 11, 2017, 09:49:47 am »

This is how the volume control looks like in Linn apps (kazoo, kinsky, ...) :
http://news.linn.co.uk/news/multi%20room%20volume%20control%20525x.png
You simply rotate finger around the volume pot to change volume, slowly or fast.
Something like that in jremote would be really nice, instead of the slider line which is not very practical for small volume changes.

JIMV

• World Citizen
« Reply #544 on: January 08, 2018, 12:00:40 pm »

anyone ever answer this? I have no idea where to find my access key

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #545 on: January 08, 2018, 12:11:41 pm »

Please try a Google search for JRiver Access Key.  You will find this wiki topic:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Access_Key

Couch

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Music. Sweet Music.
« Reply #546 on: January 10, 2018, 10:19:52 am »

Transcoding: on Device or Server?

I'm still looking for the best solution to conserve data on my mobile plan. I have finally figured out the settings combo to cause JRemte to Transcode say FLAC to 128 kbps.

But it occurs to me that I'm really not saving data if the FLAC is streamed to the device and then transcoded.

So... where is this occurring? Server or Device?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #547 on: January 10, 2018, 10:31:25 am »

Transcoding is done on the server.

Couch

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Music. Sweet Music.
« Reply #548 on: January 10, 2018, 10:45:51 am »

Transcoding is done on the server.

;D :D :) :D ;D [Happy Dance]
Thanks Jim.

On this same thread - I see Panel stack the transcoded file with the original - but this does not occur when using JRemote. Am I missing something?

Thank you!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #549 on: January 10, 2018, 10:50:41 am »

Panel also transcodes on the server.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up