INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 20.0.87 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 19396 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 20.0.87 for Windows -- Available here
« on: March 25, 2015, 08:37:51 am »

This is the latest version of MC20.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v20/latest/MediaCenter200087.exe

20.0.87 (3/24/2015)

1. Changed: Updated Italian translation file (thanks Matteo).
2. Changed: It is now possible to edit postal code on Television properties page, without having to re-run Setup wizard.
3. NEW: Double-clicking a recording rule brings up the 'Configure Recording' page.
4. Fixed: The Television view in Standard View didn't scale properly with a high size setting or a high DPI display.
5. Fixed: The size of the playback display Action Window would be too short on a high DPI display.
6. Fixed: Editing a Smart List with a date range would not properly set the unit field in the UI.
7. Changed: The sizing of Theater View doesn't follow the size set in Standard View manually (but still follows the internal sizing for high DPI).
8. Fixed: MC would crash in Television Setup if Remote Control feature was disabled.
9. Changed: MC will not allow Set-top box type tuner profile setup to proceed if Remote Control feature is disabled.
10. Fixed: On screen instructions wouldn't show reliably.
11. Fixed: On screen instructions didn't scale properly for a high DPI display or a large size setting.
12. Fixed: The ideal size of the Add Library View dialog didn't scale for high DPI properly.
13. NEW: Right-click menu (Add to Favorites, Remove from Favorites, and Hide) on Standard Television view Channels list.
14. NEW: Right-click menu on the Standard Television view's program list.  The menu items depend on the filter type.
15. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.15.
16. Fixed: Combobox drop buttons could be much too wide on a high DPI display.
17. Fixed: Sliders would not draw the handle the right size on high DPI displays.

20.0.86 (3/20/2015)

1. Fixed: MOV/MP4 files could have the wrong information in the Compression field.
2. Changed: Guide button on MCE remote control will also work if the Guide in Theater view is part of a custom group named "Television".
3. Fixed: JTV recordings with uncompressed audio or video would not play.
4. Fixed: JTV rcordings with JRiver Video Codec would not play.
5. Fixed: An 'e' in a string would get interpreted as the power of the number so that sorting S01E03 type inputs would be wacky.
6. Changed: The "Spinning up drive..." message only shows if it's taking longer than 1.5 seconds instead of 0.1 seconds.
7. Fixed: Television EPG auto loading did not work in the last few builds.

20.0.85 (3/19/2015)

1. Fixed: Taskbar player control buttons wouldn't get created in a variety of circumstances.
2. Changed: Adjusted logging related to TV.
3. Fixed: The checkboxes on the 'Import these file types' list (and probably other places) didn't scale with the UI properly for big size settings or high DPI.
4. Fixed: The program would show 'designed to work optimally with a smaller font size' warning when setting the font size to a mild size with a high DPI display.
5. Fixed: Multichannel DSD wrapped by DoPE was overflowing the buffer resulting in noise or crashes.
6. NEW: Users can now choose which detail settings ("Do not record Reruns", "Require exact name match", etc.) to be bothered about when scheduling to record TV shows in Theater View.
7. Fixed: Some Theater View items (such as "Video", "Gadgets", "Exit") were not translated.
8. Changed: MCE remote control "Guide" button switches MC to Theater view Guide if "Guide" is either in its default location (in Video group) or as a root item (parallel to Video).
9. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo).
10. Fixed: The width of many dialogs would get double scaled so would be way too wide on a high DPI display.

20.0.84 (3/16/2015)

1. Changed: Theater View sizes with the high DPI / high scale factor setting.
2. Fixed: Font scaling wasn't working properly on some monitors.
3. NEW: Added MCWS/v1/Playback/AudioPath to get the audio path information during playback.
4. Changed: Lots more dialogs honor the size setting of the program.
5. Fixed: Taskbar right-click buttons weren't working.

20.0.83 (3/13/2015)

1. Fixed: The 'Add Expression' dialog wouldn't resize nicely for high DPI or high scale factors.
2. Changed: Worked on the sizing of DSP Studio when the size factor is high or the monitor is high DPI.
3. NEW: Option "In Over-the-air EPG scan (ATSC only), save programs for channels with empty XMLTV IDs only".  This is useful for people who want to use Over-the-air EPG scan only for certain designated channels.
4. Fixed: Customizing a grouping details view could reset the accompanying grouping view, and vice versa.
5. Fixed: Checbox images in a list didn't scale for Retina / High DPI / large scale factor properly.
6. Fixed: If you created a Smartlist for Last Played is empty and edited it a few times, it would turn wacky.
7. Fixed: The smartlist editing dialog would not be wide enough on high DPI displays (or retina or with a big scale factor).

20.0.82 (3/12/2015)

1. Changed: The search on the experimental Tag window searches both the value and the field (before it only searched the field).
2. Changed: If an image has two rotation tags in the EXIF header, the first value is used instead of the second value (that way we work the same as Windows Explorer).
3. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo!).
4. Fixed: JRiver Video Encoder and JRiver Video Decoder filters could not be loaded (had problem with registering with Windows).
5. Fixed: The experimental tag window wouldn't reload visible fields when the view switched.
6. Fixed: Podcasting could download duplicate tracks (only maybe fixed, so testing appreciated).
7. Changed: Added an MCC to toggle the OSD on and off (MCC_SET_OSD_ENABLED = 30025).
8. Fixed: Some WebCam devices and some other video capture devices that do not have hardware compression did not work in Television.
9. NEW: Added MCWS/v1/Library/Import to import a folder.
10. Fixed: Some w64 files did not import/play.
11. NEW: ID3 tags from w64 files are properly imported.
12. Fixed: Playing FLAC+CUE files could result in some tracks being skipped in the recent builds.
13. NEW: Added View > Load / Save View to save and load a set of tabs and splits (experimental -- may not remain).
14. NEW: The experimental Tag Action Window has an 'All Fields' type that can be added.
15. Changed: Added 250% and 300% to the size menu.
16. Changed: The DPI of the display is accounted for so you shouldn't have to pick a big size value if you're running a high DPI display.
17. Fixed: Some analog tuners/capture devces were not properly released after running Television Setup wizard.
18. Fixed: Television setup wizard did not work for Camera type profile (camera-type channel creation would not complete).
19. Changed: Made TheMovieDB image lookups in Theater View ignore the phrase in parenthesis at the end of the title (so Alien (Theatrical Version) will just look at Alien).
20. Fixed: MC could crash during file import in rare circumstances.
21. Changed: EPG loading tool "Load Program Guide..." will allow EPG loading methods that are not associated with any tuner profiles to be used.  This allows the tool to be useful with EPG loading methods set up prior to the introduction of tuner profiles.
22. Changed: Added an "Add" button on "Loading Program Guide..." tool, to add a loading method that is independent of any tuner profile.
23. Changed: Removed "Scan for channels..." link on Television property page as it is no longer needed.
24. Changed: Added a "Delete" button on "Load Program Guide..." tool, to delete a loading method that is independent of any tuner profiles.  The button is disabled if the selected method is associated with any tuner profile.
25. Fixed: In "Load Program Guide", the TV Channel to XMLTV ID mapping list was not updated after "Auto Match" button was clicked.
26. Fixed: When the TV channel to XMLTV ID mapping window was displayed, the auto match routine was not automatically executed (without user clicking the button) in the last several builds.
27. Changed: When Auto Match was automatically executed (i.e. without user clicking the button), MC leaves existing IDs alone even if they do not match the IDs in current EPG data set.
28. Fixed: CD ripping would sometimes fall out of secure mode.

20.0.81 (3/5/2015)

1. NEW: A new MCC (10064) that switches TV to previously played channel.  For local playback only (at least for now).
2. Changed: Live TV button on MCE remote control (or MCC 30002, 0) loads last played TV channel in the current zone, instead of loading last played channel on the first available tuner device type.
3. NEW: The experimental tag window has a 'Visible Fields' type that'll show the visible fields from the current view.
4. Changed: Changed the way EPG profiles are listed on "Load Program Guide" dialog window.
5. Changed: Internal changes to HLS Video Streaming to Gizmo (should not influence playback, testing appreciated).
6. Changed: Added a "Delete" button on the Television property page, to delete unwanted tuner profiles.
7. Fixed: Opening Visualization Studio presets could cause some values to be read incorrectly.
8. Fixed: Visualization could show REMAINING_TIME in a broken format.
9. Changed: A/V sync is maintained more aggressively at the start of video playback.

20.0.80 (3/3/2015)

1. Changed: Revamped "Load program guide..." tool on television property page.
2. Changed: Updated Italian translation file (thanks Matteo).
3. Fixed: Seeking a Linked Zone over Gizmo would cause MC to hang.
4. Fixed: The player evaluating "Playlist Remaining Time" could hang (only maybe fixed, testing appreciated).
5. NEW: Link Timing -- Linked zones can optionally be set to a playback rate so that a zone that plays slower or faster can be corrected (the 'Adjust Link Timing' dialog allows entering a rate).  Thread
6. Fixed: Very short convolution filters would not load properly at all times.

20.0.79 (2/26/2015)

1. NEW: Television tool "Manage Channels" has a "Rescan" button to allow rescan for new channels in a selected tuner type  profile.
2. Fixed: Video Streams in MOV/MP4 files were not reliably detected for more exotic video codecs (ie. DNxHD), resulting in MC treating the file as a audio file.
3. NEW: Select is an available command for videos and TV shows in Theater View.
4. Fixed: Library views could crash.

20.0.78 (2/25/2015)

1. Changed: Removed Last.fm support from Play Doctor (because it was no longer working due to Last.fm changes).
2. NEW: Added a 'Refresh' command to smartlists in Theater View.
3. FIxed: CD drives weren't appearing in build 77.

20.0.77 (2/25/2015)

1. Fixed: Television channel to xmltvID auto matching did not work for DVB (and possibly analog) channels due to channel number in front of name in channel names.
2. Fixed: TV functions crashed in the previous build (hopefully fixed, testing appreciated).
3. Fixed: Analyzing FLAC+CUE files could result in a handle and memory leak.
4. Fixed: Importing FLAC files with both an external and embedded CUE could result in the duration of the last track being wrong.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver Media Center 20.0.87 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 10:33:51 am »

Please use this thread for sizing problems:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=96487.0

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Sizing problems
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 10:40:00 am »

This broke scaling support for sliders. (the built-in skins all use 1x images)

I don't understand why, but it'll be fixed next build:
Fixed: Skins with a scale on the slider wouldn't draw the slider properly.

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 10:46:31 am »

I don't understand why, but it'll be fixed next build:
Fixed: Skins with a scale on the slider wouldn't draw the slider properly.
As far as I can tell, from my time trying to develop a retina skin for MC, the updated Noire was built around the quirks in the skinning engine, rather than built "to spec" and having those rendering bugs fixed.
This is why I was previously so insistent on fixing even "small" rendering errors (before giving up) because these issues are going to keep resurfacing until they are actually fixed.

kentucio

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 10:48:30 am »

You can change the font size to anything you like in Options > Tree & View > Select font

Thank You. Finally I found a bug.. The problem was in the wrong title menu. Need to fix translation Options> Tree & View> Select font. If to switch to the Russian language then the menu item "Select font" looks at the Russian as " Выбор фона...". The correct translation is  "Выбор шрифта"
Now I was able to manually change the font. However, in earlier versions (earlier .84) automatic font scaling problem I have not seen.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 11:11:10 am »

Thank U. Finally I found a bug.. The problem was in the wrong title menu. Need to fix translation Options> Tree & View> Select font. If to switch to the Russian language then the menu item "Select font" looks at the Russian as " Выбор фона...". The correct translation is  "Выбор шрифта"
Now I was able to manually change the font. However, in earlier versions (earlier .84) automatic font scaling problem I have not seen.

If you want to submit a fixed Russian translation we would appreciate it.

Email it to matt at jriver dot com.

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 11:17:50 am »

Black on Black skin still not looking right.  its not been looking right since .84

Since .84 the installer is massive and it always forces the skin to font size 13, even when I'm always on default font size 9.

Plus its got this white overlay right over the time line,  been there since I first reported this with .84 and still there in .87 (see attached screengrab)
Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

kentucio

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 11:43:30 am »

I join with the previous post. After change the font size the problem is not resolved completely.
Ok, Matt. I will write you a translation  an email.

winniew

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 01:13:16 pm »

6. Fixed: Editing a Smart List with a date range would not properly set the unit field in the UI.

Smartlists with [Last played] work again, thanks for fixing!

richardc

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 02:05:03 pm »

A new problem has arisen creating new playlists on at least one handheld device - in this case a Sony Walkman MP3 player.
MC 20.00.63 and earlier versions work fine - but 20.00.84 did not - so I restored 20.00.63 until the current auto upgrade (20.00.87), which also has the same or a similar problem. I will reinstall 20.00.63 again, but I will be looking for this bug to be addressed.

The description.
After successfully downloading files and creating a playlist record on the handheld device, that new playlist (on the device) turns out to be empty or corrupt. The playlist name appears in MC under "Drives and Devices" but opening the list (in MC) reveals that it is empty. After the handheld is disconnected and it has finished "Creating Library", the new playlist record on the device also turns out to be empty. On attempting to play an empty playlist the Sony displays this message: "No songs available for playback. Please connect to compliant software or device and transfer songs." The songs associated with the new defective playlist are indeed present on the device - as reported by MC - but the playlist itself is not properly created on the MP3 player.

Thanks,
RC

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 03:55:07 am »

Hi !

The Skin "Noire" has an beautiful option (Size view) ! :D

When this option will be in the skin "Green Eyes" ? :'(

Thanks.

Jean-Marc.

tbng

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 02:50:46 pm »

What appears to be a bug while tagging in theater view:

1. The keyboard space bar does not function, and you must point and click on SPACE to create one.

2. Keyboard number keys stop functioning intermittently, although once they quit they stay that way until you exit JRiver and reload.  The same goes for some special characters.

3. Not a bug but an update request:  It woud be nice if you could insert the cursor anywhere in the name field while tagging in theater view and process from there rather than having to backspace through the entire field and re-enter it.

TigerNightmare

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2015, 06:33:40 pm »

This is a weird bug I'm experiencing with the update. When I first started a playlist, the visualization was set to the lowest setting in the space it was rendering, which is almost half the vertical space and about 3/4 the horizontal space. The text and everything looked illegible. Changing the display quality on the fly doesn't work. But if I stop playback, then start it again, it starts playing with the correct rendering quality and for the space it plays in. When I press Control+6 to move it to its own space on a separate screen, the scaling of the image is the same as the previous. Same as when I start playback in the 6 space and then move it back to the small window space. Only stopping and restarting playback will make the issue go away.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 08:39:29 am »

When MC crashes during tagging in the Explorer section of MC (which is pretty frequently BTW), my saved view (columns displayed and their order) is lost . . . . both from being displayed, AND often from my Saved views (under Customize - Load A View).
. . . the game is rigged

audunth

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2015, 01:59:19 pm »

Rename, Move & Copy files still does not work on additional files (cover art for video files). It moves both the .mkv and the .jpg file, but the .jpg file is not renamed, so the cover art disappears. This always worked flawlessly in MC 19, but never in MC 20, and I've mentioned it before.

Today when I tried it, some .jpg files even ended up in the wrong folder (moved video files from one folder into three different folders in one action, all cover art .jpg's ended up in the same one of the three destination folders, didn't follow the video files they belonged to.

EDIT: Never mind. I tried unticking Move all files in folder, and it worked like before. Can't remember ever ticking this off (was this a new option in MC 20?), but thought it had to be ticked to move image and subtitle files along with the video file. Turns out it moves ALL files in ONE of the destination folders, and renames only the video files. Shouldn't it still rename cover art and subtitle files belonging to the video files?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2015, 02:10:00 pm »

Rename, Move & Copy files still does not work on additional files (cover art for video files). It moves both the .mkv and the .jpg file, but the .jpg file is not renamed, so the cover art disappears. This always worked flawlessly in MC 19, but never in MC 20, and I've mentioned it before.

Today when I tried it, some .jpg files even ended up in the wrong folder (moved video files from one folder into three different folders in one action, all cover art .jpg's ended up in the same one of the three destination folders, didn't follow the video files they belonged to.

EDIT: Never mind. I tried unticking Move all files in folder, and it worked like before. Can't remember ever ticking this off (was this a new option in MC 20?), but thought it had to be ticked to move image and subtitle files along with the video file. Turns out it moves ALL files in ONE of the destination folders, and renames only the video files. Shouldn't it still rename cover art and subtitle files belonging to the video files?
That explains why I've had a lot of covers go missing for movies recently.
I don't use the "move all files" option, but before that option was added to MC, it at least handled the cover art and xml files.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2015, 02:37:28 pm »

That explains why I've had a lot of covers go missing for movies recently.
I don't use the "move all files" option, but before that option was added to MC, it at least handled the cover art and xml files.

I also use explorer to move files for this exact reason!
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2015, 04:31:35 am »

Showing the columns in the current view (Action Window Tag view) is not working again (for Audio)
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=92324.msg652930#msg652930
Last version working for me is 20.0.80

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2015, 09:58:42 am »

Why is it that when MC can handle several separate and different Libraries, changing the Import folders in one library changes them for all?

IF I wish to keep and individual Library for Local files, one for Removable Drives, and one for Video only, I should be able to set the Import locations to separate drives/folders without effecting the other Libraries which are intended to use only the files in DIFFERENT Drive/Folders.

I recently set up a new library for this purpose, but upon returning to my main library I find that it is now pointing to the folders from the new library only.    >:(

This does not seem correct.
. . . the game is rigged

newHAPPYuser2015

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2015, 03:19:40 pm »

The following options in Startup>Startup Interface seem to have no effect:
-show action window
-show splash screen
-show tree

Also an open playlist group sometimes won't auto-collapse when switching to another playlist group (option auto-expand in tree&view is enabled)

stadtshanka

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2015, 12:56:49 pm »

Ever since I updated to 20.0.87, when I play music my visualization is blurry. I have it set to Display setting highest quality but it looks like worst. no matter what I change it to, it stays the same.

newHAPPYuser2015

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2015, 03:45:57 pm »

Sometimes when I open a video file (I do it from within windows explorer) JRiver MC freezes and I have to end the process in task manager.

newHAPPYuser2015

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2015, 10:23:32 am »

Found a minor discrepancy. Not sure whether it's a bug or there is something wrong with my library.

I have setup a folder on my laptop as a virtual handheld device and called it(the device) "virtual handheld". I have selected 2 playlists(let's call 'em "playlist 1''(has 510 songs) and "playlist 2"(has 42 songs)) to be synced. Sync went well - total of 552 files were copied.

When I click on "virtual handheld" in Drives & Devices it shows that the total number of files on the device is 552. When I click on "playlist 2" it shows 42 files. But when I click on playlist 1 it shows only 508 files. So 2 songs for some reason get "lost".

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2015, 05:09:36 am »

It looks like there may be a bug with Expressions on systems that use commas for decimal places rather than periods.
For example, this code seems to return "0 dB" instead of calculating the correct value:
Code: [Select]
Delimit(FormatNumber(Math(1+RemoveCharacters(ListItem([Peak Level (R128), 0], 0), / dBTP/+, 0)+[Volume Level (R128), 0]), 1), / dB,)
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=96665.msg667867#msg667867

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2015, 11:44:10 am »

What appears to be a bug while tagging in theater view:

1. The keyboard space bar does not function, and you must point and click on SPACE to create one.

Next build:
Fixed: The spacebar didn't work in a Theater View text entry box.
Pages: [1]   Go Up