INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC20 for Mac video stuttering  (Read 6312 times)

Mutguts

MC20 for Mac video stuttering
« on: July 13, 2015, 11:19:19 pm »

After upgrading to MC20, any movie I play stutters. Any help appreciated

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC20 for Mac video stuttering
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 12:49:18 pm »

Are you saying it didn't stutter before upgrading to the latest build?  How powerful is the machine?  Could you describe the stutters?
Adam Thompson, JRiver

Mutguts

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 12:00:20 am »

The previous build would not play video at all. Using it on my 2013 Macbook Air, 1.3Mhz CPU, 4Ghz RAM, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB. The stuttering is like the movie is stopping and starting. I have created logs, but uncertain where to send them?

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 02:42:10 am »

Depending on what kind of movie you're playing, the Air's CPU may not be fast enough, and we do not yet support Hardware Acceleration on OSX.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

RCFlyer

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 06:51:26 pm »

I have been evaluating MC20 with only 11 days to go. I am running in on a MAC Pro only a year old, with Mavericks using version .124. I could play the movies files that I have without an issue using the player for the MAC. MC20 updated feature did the update to .126. Now 1-movie out of 30 the picture stutters. Nothing was changed other than the .124 to .126 period. If I play this same movie to my Samsung TV, it plays just fine. I went back to .124, same thing, MAC Player stutters, TV player is just fine. (if a setting was changed internally, going back may not restore that particular setting). Same thing. Went back to .122, same thing. Uninstalled and reinstalled (oops not a good thing when running the trial 30 day version) Asked me to extend the trial, I did so. Got the key, it was accepted, but now when you launch MC20 it stays trail expired, game over. Uninstalled that one and reinstalled .124, same thing. Restored my original MC20.126 and now my 11 remaining days are back!! But that one and only movie file still stutters on the MAC Player and is fine when played on the Samsung TV (remember it never did this prior to the .126 update) The MAC player sound is good, just the video stutters. Player on the Samsung TV all good.

Ok, now onto iMAC only a year old Mavericks, 30-day trial MC20.126 installed, added this 1 and only file to the library and guess what?........ It works just like it used to on my Mac Pro before updating to .126. MAC Player is good, TV Player is Good, life is GOOD! So there was definitely something in the process of updating from .124 to .126 that affected this movie's video when played on the MAC player.

So a couple of things here:
1-don't mess around with the trial installation. (good thing I had back that up!! as I did want to continue my trial as I had not yet finished with it, Apple TV issues and it seems that only MC20 has the Apple TV issue as "other" players can play with no problem using Apple TV)

2-there should be something letting you know that the trial extension does not work on a new install while in the trail mode. Only one the original install. Nice feature though and was extremely quick with the email code! Great JOB!

3-a minor update (.124 to .126) should not cause such grief, nor should any update. And I know the question you will ask.....yes this file plays just fie using "other" players even though it sitters using MC20 locally on my MAC. And I tried more than just 1-"other" player and they all worked just fine.

The stutter is like the video frame is stopping backing up a frame then jumping back to that frame before carrying on. Like I said, sound is 100%, just the video. There is also a slight horizontal frame flicker. Went sent to my Samsun TV, video and sound are 100%.

Hope this helps and a solution is near.

edbro

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 02:02:53 pm »

I have the same thing. Video stuttering on my Air. Same videos play perfectly in VLC.

Nlsko

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 10:05:06 am »

The stutter is like the video frame is stopping backing up a frame then jumping back to that frame before carrying on. Like I said, sound is 100%, just the video. There is also a slight horizontal frame flicker.

I have exactly the same thing with v126 on two Mac's, a 13" Macbook pro Retina late 2013 and A Macbook Air Early 2014. These played perfectly on previous versions of MC 20

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 10:26:49 am »

What version are you using now?

Nlsko

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 03:49:41 am »

What version are you using now?
FYI: just discovered it only happens with AVI files, although it looks that way.
I was using 20.0.126, then I removed this and also deleted preferences in ~/Library and installed 20.0.116 from a backup, but the same happened.
example: I Have a TV Show which is encoded in MKV with 1280x720 (bitrate 2500 kbps) which plays fine, but 640x480 AVI files (bitrate ~1150 kbps) all stutter like described

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 06:19:32 am »

Can you share a sample file that demonstrates the problem, ie. through dropbox or similar?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Nlsko

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2015, 06:37:58 am »

I've send you a PM with a link

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2015, 07:08:02 am »

Got it, lets see whats up! May be a couple days before I get a chance to come back on this though.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2015, 05:24:34 am »

I spent much more time on this issue than I would like to admit, and I'm still not 100% sure what was going on, but it seems to be better now. The fix will show up in MC21 at the very least, I can't say yet if it will also find its way into MC20.

Edit:
After writing this post and getting some lunch, it actually occured to me why this problem started, and I could finish it in a more complete and safe way.
Should take a break more often. :)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up