INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.254 Release Candidate  (Read 5109 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.254 Release Candidate
« on: May 02, 2005, 04:44:43 pm »

We're just about ready to release Media Center 11.0.  We appreciate your bug reports.  PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311  Please post bugs you're sure about here.  Post anything else in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0. 

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110254.exe

11.0.254 (5/2/05)

1. Fixed: Deleting files from library browser could cause a crash in some cases.
2. Fixed: When editing the name or filename fields, the edit control text would not be automatically selected.
3. NEW: Improved performance of core MMX drawing engine for all images / skin items.
4. Changed: Library browser no longer uses slower bicubic resizing for thumbnails to improve performance.
5. Fixed: Startup volume setting would not work properly when using "internal volume" setting or when starting with not the first zone.
6. Changed: Imports happen in the order files are found instead of in random order. (makes 'Recently Imported' more useful, and could help performance with some drives)
7. Fixed: Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Erase All... was not working properly in some cases.

11.0.252 (4/29/05)

1. Changed: In TV Options, "Automatically Import to Media Center" checkbox is renamed "Automatically Import Recorded Video".
2. Changed: Some tooltip texts and dialog window names in TV Options are changed to avoid name conflicts and to increase consistency.
3. Fixed: Download Manager Options window resized when switching from one page to another, causing visual distortion.
4. Fixed: Enhanced audio CD's were not showing any tracks for ripping/playing.
5. Fixed: Options window would re-center everytime one switched to another page.
6. Fixed: Download Manager Options window used wrong icon.
7. Fixed: Pressing stop while Media Center was paused could cause a dead-lock on W2K.
8. Changed: Added a small margin to the right of list text so the text won't run right up to a gridline.

11.0.251 (4/28/05)

1. Fixed: When switching visualizations with the right-click menu, they would not always stay selected when restarting playback.
2. Changed: Upon entering the TV channel scanning dialog window, scanning will automatically start without waiting for the user to click the "Scan" button if the channel list is empty.
3. Changed: TV channel "Auto Scan" button is renamed "Scan".
4. Changed: "TV Instructions.txt" file is updated.
5. Changed: Added advanced view option to turn off checking for missing files. (can slow lists down with network drives)
6. Fixed: Import paths pointing to the root of a network drive would not work properly.
7. Fixed: When adding and removing folders from the import dialog, recent check box changes could be discarded.
8. Fixed: When clicking an item in a pane and then pressing play, the expected files would not always start playing.
9. Changed: In-place editing doesn't use auto-complete comboboxes for name and filename fields. (since they have lots of values (slow) and also because they're generally unique values)
10. Fixed: After closing Skin Manager, MC would not accept keyboard shortcuts until it was first clicked.
11. Fixed: Viewing a burn list while an existing data CD was in the drive could cause a crash.
12. Fixed: List tooltips could show the wrong information if a dialog was shown, the mouse moved, and then the dialog canceled with the keyboard.
13. Fixed: The burning option to "Prefix List Order" would not work properly unless a Custom naming scheme was being used.
14. Fixed: Working with partially filled lists could be overly slow.
15. Fixed: Better radio station support for Library, UPnP and TiVo Servers.
16. Changed: Option to filter out international characters to UPnP devices, since they are not yet supported.

11.0.250 (4/27/05)

1. Fixed: Clicking "Digital Chan" button on "TV Channels" property page sometimes resulted in the "Scan Channels" dialog window for analog channels displayed.
2. Fixed: Clicking a digital channel entry on "TV Channels" property page sometimes resulted in crash.
3. Fixed: Import would not search directories in some cases. (introduced in 249)
4. Fixed: MC would not allow right-click Import Into Library on some internet streams.
5. Fixed: Mini view playlist would not display track information. (introduced in 249)
6. Changed: Expanded functionality of IsEqual(...) expression to allow less-than / greater-than tests.
7. Fixed: Theater View Playing Now would not update properly when switching zones.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
UPnP device support
Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)
Sony PSP support
iPod -- Support for multiple iPods with different profiles
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 11.0.253 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 05:00:44 pm »

2. Fixed: When editing the name or filename fields, the edit control text would not be automatically selected.
3. NEW: Improved performance of core MMX drawing engine for all images / skin items.
4. Changed: Library browser no longer uses slower bicubic resizing for thumbnails to improve performance.
5. Fixed: Startup volume setting would not work properly when using "internal volume" setting or when starting with not the first zone.
6. Changed: Imports happen in the order files are found instead of in random order. (makes 'Recently Imported' more useful, and could help performance with some drives)

Great, works awesome.  Good Work!

--------------------

Drag-and-drop from Windows Explorer to MC's Playing Now bugs.  I have "Automatically import files into Media Library" option disabled.

1. Drag some MP3 files from Windows Explorer and drop them on MC's Playing Now node in the org tree window and nothing happens (MC unfocused app / MC seen in the background).  The Play/Add to Playing Now/Cancel popup menu does not appear.

2. Drag some MP3 files from Windows Explorer and drop them on MC's Playing Now node in the org tree window and MC imports the files (MC focused using Alt-Tab while holding mouse click drag or drag to MC taskbar icon & then to MC's Playing Now node).  MC should NOT import the tracks.  You can choose Play or Add to Playing Now on popup menu and get the same wrong results (import and then play/add).

Both of these bugs do NOT happen if you drag-and-drop to MC's Playing Now content view window (if already visible of course / MC's focus does not matter).  For #2 bug, if you can't replicate you might try having MC's Media Library node highlighted prior to the drag-and-drop operations, but I don't think it matters.

-----------------------------

I still think this would be most useful and logical:

[feature request removed]

:(

UnknownID

Re: Media Center 11.0.253 Release Candidate
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 05:22:39 pm »

1. Fixed: Deleting files from library browser could cause a crash in some cases.
This is working beautifully again. Now, did I remember to backup my library ? ? ;D

WOW, this was completely unexpected! Thank you so much for these! The LB is lightning; maximized on 1600x1200, 4 columns, 52 albums showing and no rippling!

Now, I can finally use the Library Browser as my startup view ;D ;D ;D

I hope this helps ToMy00's problem because it sure fixed mine
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=27355.msg189572#msg189572

Again... thank you!
UnknownID

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
Re: Media Center 11.0.254 Release Candidate
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 05:24:49 pm »

ToMy00,

If you are trying to add content that is already on your device, MC detects this and does not include it in the queue. There is a message that alerts you to this that you probably disabled (MC gives you the option to not show the message again).

Steve
i know that steve but my issue is different
the player memory was empty and i was adding tracks through the action window and when i dropped files the action window did not respond and still on its view with only sychonize button available!
Tamer

Pink Waters

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 05:33:54 pm »

Some Issues is not fixed till now and they're important!

when opening files from standard windows explorer either by double clicking or right click and media center --> add to playing now ----- always opens media center with the last used tracks in playing now without adding the new opened ones or playing them.
Tamer

edbro

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 05:42:28 pm »

Using the express installer, MC started up at the end as expected but I still have the install window that says "Install Complete" with "Run installed program now" checked. Unfortunately, MC started and I shut it down normally but the install window persists. Clicking the "Finish" button does nothing except give me the Windows error ding.wav. I had to shut it down from Task Mgr.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 05:56:09 pm »

Some Issues is not fixed till now and they're important!

when opening files from standard windows explorer either by double clicking or right click and media center --> add to playing now ----- always opens media center with the last used tracks in playing now without adding the new opened ones or playing them.

I have the same problem also here...
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

imitation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2005, 07:07:13 pm »

54 won't install on my system, not even in safe mode. all the other builds installed fine, this one just quits after the prepairing to install progress window.

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2005, 08:25:15 pm »

The unicode via <alt> num pad does not work with this build
Thank you,

John

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2005, 08:50:18 pm »

Over the past couple of days, I've burned 3 CDRs that made no sound. The first 2 were on .252 and the third was just now on .254. On both CD players (3) and running on the CDRW through MC .254, no sound comes out but the counter counts and the song title shows -- just no music. Previously burned CDRs work fine.

CVIII

Media Center Registered 11.0.254 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2559 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 94 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2627 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050309-1648) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: JLMS    DVD-ROM XJ-HD166  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E: HL-DT-STCD-RW GCE-8483B   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8483B    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
That's right.
I'm cool.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2005, 09:33:48 pm »

54 won't install on my system, not even in safe mode. all the other builds installed fine, this one just quits after the prepairing to install progress window.

Try downloading again.  The file should be 16,357,176 bytes. (15.5 MB)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

imitation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2005, 10:01:30 pm »

Nope still won’t install. The original file was 16,357,176 bytes and so is the new download. I don’t think the file is corrupt but if you have the md5 I’ll check it.

scub

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2005, 10:15:24 pm »

With an apostrophe in the [Album] field Media Center is unable to identify the album as a compilation.  I remove the apostrophe from the album name and the [Album Type] switched to Multiple artists (complete).  Before it was listed as a single artist album.

Media Center Registered 11.0.254 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 2156 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 146 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2627 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050309-1648) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008)

Ripping /   Drive K:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive L:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive K: TOSHIBA  DVD-ROM SD-R5002   Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:2  MaxSpeed:2  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive L: SONY     CD-RW  CRX215E5    Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

marketability

• World Citizen
  • eat!
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2005, 02:17:06 am »

Great build by the way - seems v fast loading a shared library and in building views! Thanks

The missing thumbnails issue on a client library when using the library server is much improved but still has missing album art on the client pc.

252 - I estimate 5 - 10% missing thumbnails
254 - I estimate 2 - 3%

Still can't find any logic behind which thumbnails are missing
The missing thumbnails persist, ie. rebooting each pc involved does not change which thumbnails are missed as far as I can see

Cheers

kyusstone

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2005, 06:20:05 am »

mc11 doesnt play some single files that mc10 did. when this happens playback stops.

dcwebman

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2005, 07:52:33 am »

I'm sure you must keep a list of problems from previous builds that haven't been fixed yet, but just in case you only refer to the latest release list, the Aruba skin shown during install is still the old style.
Jeff

Pink Waters

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2005, 07:55:40 am »

all the official pixos skins that comes with MC is not completed in the library browser tabs (still uncompleted)
Tamer

benrad

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2005, 07:57:27 am »

Using the Aruba skin while attempting to create a new SmartList in the li'l smartlist dialog produces odd results. You click on Sort:Random and it brings up File Type, etc. making the box pretty useless. I can edit the SmartList without any problem in the regular playlist view.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2005, 08:07:21 am »

Great build by the way - seems v fast loading a shared library and in building views! Thanks

The missing thumbnails issue on a client library when using the library server is much improved but still has missing album art on the client pc.

252 - I estimate 5 - 10% missing thumbnails
254 - I estimate 2 - 3%

Still can't find any logic behind which thumbnails are missing
The missing thumbnails persist, ie. rebooting each pc involved does not change which thumbnails are missed as far as I can see

Cheers
The way I got rid of that problem awhile back was this:
Set MC NOT to keep cover art in the files.
Remove all art from the music files. I used a different tool to do that, but KingSparta has a plugin that will do the same now I believe.
After removing the art, I cleaned the MC thumbnail directories. By 'clean' I mean I deleted everything in the 'small' medium' and 'large' directories.
Started MC and went to library browser.
Scrolled through that and shutdown.
Opened MC again and from the library browser I first looked for any album with no cover and fixed that, then looked for any selection without art and fixed those.

I have not had a problem with cover art again.
Will this help you? Maybe. Are all steps needed? They were here.

Snarglefarg

• World Citizen
  • [your quote here]
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2005, 09:10:57 am »

I have been unable to play from the Library Server for the last few builds. I traced the problem to the option on the client machine when using either "Always convert files" or "Convert if necessary" in the Library Options for "When playing from Library Server".

When this option is enabled, a message appears:

"Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files. Please make sure that the path in your media library points to the right location."

Disabled, the the song plays.

It should be noted that I backed the server machine to build 246, leaving the client at 254 and playback worked properly when using the convert option.

It should also be noted that I have the same problem playing from an iPod, so perhaps whatever was changed in the Library Server somehow also affects iPod playback. The thread for the iPod issue is here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=27358.0

Hope this can be fixed before the release because it appears to be quite serious. At least 1/2 of the mystery is solved.

SteveG

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2005, 09:49:21 am »

ToMy00,

Can you replicate the inabaility to drag  and drop after unplugging and reconnecting the device?  What type of file is it. Was your device automatically detected by MC or did you use the 'Add remote or fixed drive' option?

Steve

Pink Waters

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2005, 10:18:30 am »

i connected the device and it was automatically detected and the file type was mp3
Tamer

UnknownID

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2005, 11:09:42 am »

I started to explore the Vis Studio today. When I was in skin mode and I right-clicked on the visualization and went to Visualization Studio, I noticed that the window was missing all of its toolbar icons. They reappeared when I moved my mouse over them.

Note: I had never opened the Vis Studio before and I got this problem. I closed the Studio and reopened and the icons were there.

UnknownID

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2005, 03:13:14 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up