INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 16.0.75 -- Available Here  (Read 8374 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 16.0.75 -- Available Here
« on: April 26, 2011, 09:29:21 am »

This is the latest version of MC 16.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter160075.exe

16.0.75 (4/25/2011)

1. SDK: MJMixerAutomation equalizer on / off functions were not working properly.
2. Fixed: Mono MP3 playback was not working properly since the switch to 64-bit MP3 decoding.
3. Changed: 7.1 input and output uses ordering: L, R, C, LFE, RL, RR, SL, SR (previously used less standard: L, R, C, LFE, SL, SR, RL, RR).
4. NEW: ASIO supports AC3 encoded surround sound output (DSP Studio > Output Format).
5. Fixed: DLNA server providing wrong flags for flac files in content directory.
6. Fixed: DLNA server search fixes for xbox 360 (including generic artist/album-artist searches).
7. Fixed: AC3 and DTS pass-through over SPDIF for video playback was not working in some cases with the JRiver audio engine.
8. Fixed: The system to manually rescan auto-import folders periodically when folder watching failed was not working in some cases.
9. Fixed: The equalizer DSP could cause audio stalls when processing multi-channel data in small windows.
10. Fixed: Aspect ratio of videos during playback could be stretched (only applies to last few builds).
11. NEW: Added 'Blu-ray' as a type in Options > Video to allow playing Blu-ray with the LAV Splitter filter.
12. NEW: Added support for JRSS up-mixing of 6.1 content to 7.1, and downmixing of 6.1 content to any other format.
13. Fixed: The database fields 'Original Title' and 'Country' would incorrectly appear as user fields and allow editing.
14. NEW: Added support for playing to Sony television (DLNA) with Media Center.
15. Fixed: When playing an image or video to a remote zone (DLNA or Library Server), the program could incorrectly jump to full screen.
16. Changed: Playing an unsupported file to a DLNA device could start playback of the previous file instead.

16.0.74 (4/21/2011)

1. Fixed: Video playback was not working properly when using the JRiver audio engine (only applies to build 73).
2. NEW: The audio engine will offer to auto-configure DSP Studio > Output Format when playing a surround-sound source on a device that doesn't support more than two channels.
3. Changed: Checking a check box in DSP Studio will also select that DSP.
4. Fixed: When audio output was auto-configured to a format supported by the soundcard, the DSP Studio > Output Format page would not update automatically if it was showing.
5. Fixed: Options > File Location > Cover Art > Folder was not appearing when picking 'In a specified folder'.
6. Fixed: Using the Smartlist editor to search for empty values was not working properly.
7. Fixed: Saving of column presets would not properly include the column ordering.
8. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio SDK 4.11 for APE playback and encoding.
9. NEW: The Chromium web engine (Options > Tree & View > Web Browser) is downloaded on demand when used instead of included in the build.
10. Changed: When tagging list-style fields, the full set of possible choices will be shown for lists with 50 items or less (previously the cutoff was at 20 items or less).
11. Changed: Conversion cache building is started manually from Options > File Location instead of automatically when closing the options dialog.
12. Changed: Improved default Theater View theme image resolution, and made all images 16x9.

16.0.73 (4/20/2011)

1. NEW: MP3 audio decoder works in 64-bit and outputs 64-bit audio (previously worked in 32-bit and output 16-bit).
2. NEW: AAC audio decoder outputs 64-bit (previously output 16-bit).
3. Changed: If a lossy decoder delivers 32-bit or 64-bit data, it will be converted to 16-bit when converting to a different format on disk.
4. Fixed: m4a audio file tagger did not embed image in file.
5. Fixed: m4a audio file tagger did not preserve existing "total number of tracks" and "total number of disks" values when writing "track #" and "disk #" respectively.
6. Changed: m4a audio file tagger will not replace existing encoding tool tag ('©too' atom) with "Media Center 16.0.xx".  Instead, "Tool Name" and "Tool Version" are written in different atoms.
7. Fixed: Some AAC radio / streaming sites were not working.
8. Changed: Improved support for Shoutcast servers that return no content type, but instead put the content type in the ICY block of the response body.
9. Fixed: MCWS/v1/Control/MCC could fail to support the 'Parameter' passed for non-playback style functions.
10. Fixed: m4a audio file tagger did not handle Date field correctly.
11. NEW: Gizmo, WebPlay, and WebRemote show artist images in artist views instead of stacks of album images.
12. Internal: WebPlay and WebRemote use MCWS/v1/Browse/Image to get browsing images (should be internal change, but please report any issues).
13. NEW: Added FileKey() function to expression language to return the integer key of a file in the database.

16.0.72 (4/19/2011)

1. NEW: MP4 plugin supports AAC radio / streaming using the buffering reading system used by MP3.
2. NEW: MP4 plugin supports Icy metadata when playing AAC radio so track names, artists, etc. appear.
3. Changed: Settings for hardware accelerated graphics are in Options > General > Video Card (used by Theater View, image playback, 3d views, 3d visualizations).
4. NEW: Added 'Automatic' hardware acceleration option which takes the video card into account when configuring graphics options.
5. Changed: 'Automatic' hardware acceleration mode disables full screen anti-aliasing for Intel H67 onboard video to workaround black screen issues ( http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63426.0 ).
6. Changed: Updated Russian translation file (thanks to Vladimir).
7. Changed: Over-the-air EPG scanning option is removed for DVB-T television tuners (it was never implemented).
8. Fixed: Pause button wasn't working right during Netflix playback.
9. Fixed: Disabling "Options > Media Network > Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA" would incorrectly uncheck all DLNA functions, so reenabling the option would leave DLNA off.
10. Fixed: Disabling Media Network would leave the SSDP responder running until the program was restarted.

16.0.71 (4/18/2011)

1. Fixed: 6 and 8 channel AAC files would not play correctly.
2. Fixed: MP4 Action Window > Tag > Format page showed "bit" instead of "kbps" for the bitrate unit.
3. Fixed: Headerless AAC files were not playing properly.

chrisjj

Re: Media Center 16.0.75 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 09:44:45 am »

16.0.72 Bug: SHIFT-F10 can show wrong menu

1 On a library image, click to select.
2 Press SHIFT-F10 - see context menu: http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7317/region.png
3 On image, double-click to play
4 Press SHIFT-F10

Expected: context menu
Observed: File menu! http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/2285/regiont.png

Please say if you know a workaround that from keyboard gets the context menu for the playing image. Thanks.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 11:14:42 am »

Modifying tags for musepack in grid crashes MC.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 11:18:07 am »

jherbert,
Your post was split here:

Playback could not be started

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 04:58:52 pm »

16.0.72 Bug: SHIFT-F10 can show wrong menu

1 On a library image, click to select.
2 Press SHIFT-F10 - see context menu: http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7317/region.png
3 On image, double-click to play
4 Press SHIFT-F10

Expected: context menu
Observed: File menu! http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/2285/regiont.png

Please say if you know a workaround that from keyboard gets the context menu for the playing image. Thanks.

Confirmed.  We'll try to get it fixed in a coming build.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sunfire7

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 12:08:37 am »

Can we have full conversion dialog on the background cache system?? High/Medium/Low bandwith is not very tweakable
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

CEONelson

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 02:22:24 am »

Thanks for the fix to the list view!  I am looking forward to getting back to importing and tagging music :)

Something that I have noticed in previous builds but forgot to post is that when you view the "recent playing nows" it is ordered numerically instead of by time.

For example, 4/23/11 6:39 PM appears before 4/23/11 11:18 AM

CEONelson

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 05:56:57 am »

I installed the latest version on this laptop for testing and connected to my main server and went to play some files and get a message titled 'automatically configure output format' and I click on cancel playback but the play count is incremented and last played time for the song changed even though no music ever comes out and the song is never played but just 'skipped'.

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 07:09:35 pm »

in video mp4, media center working the sound, but not show image/video mp4. Why?

Show display black. Look:

Help.

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 07:34:45 pm »

medica center did download componets, now. Video mp4 working ok.

BigMac

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 09:20:53 am »

When I try to play MP3 format, it need to be changed to 24bit.  

The message shows that "Playback could not be started using the format: 44100Hz, 64 Bits Per Samples, 2 Channels.  This format would work: 44100Hz, 24 Bits Per Samples, 2 Channels. Would you like do you have DSP Studio > Output Format settings changed automatically?" since MP3 format is not 64B Bits.

It was OK until version 16.0.072.  It cause only with MP3 format.  If I have changed to 24 Bits, even when I listen flac or wav files with 16 Bits, it plays with 24 Bits by MC.

My system :

Windows 7 x64 SP1
WASAPI
DSP : source bitdepth

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 09:46:11 am »

When I try to play MP3 format, it need to be changed to 24bit.  

The message shows that "Playback could not be started using the format: 44100Hz, 64 Bits Per Samples, 2 Channels.  This format would work: 44100Hz, 24 Bits Per Samples, 2 Channels. Would you like do you have DSP Studio > Output Format settings changed automatically?" since MP3 format is not 64B Bits.

It was OK until version 16.0.072.  It cause only with MP3 format.  If I have changed to 24 Bits, even when I listen flac or wav files with 16 Bits, it plays with 24 Bits by MC.

My system :

Windows 7 x64 SP1
WASAPI
DSP : source bitdepth

You will get the best sound quality for all sources by selecting 24-bit and leaving it.

More here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63691.0

dlmax63

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 10:05:57 am »

When converting media files, the "Convert Files" window is not resizable.

Tagging m4a files takes a long time (much longer than on MC15). Is this the added support for m4a tagging? (In other words, should I just accept the added time and move on?)

B.T.W.... Great Product ! :)
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!

ThomasB

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 12:39:02 am »

Hi,

Although MC15 works fine on my machine MC16.0.75 crashes every time I want to use it.
Tried already re-install, etc. but problem persists.
Any Ideas from your side?

Here is my machines data (not even possible to retrieve this in version 16 before it crashes):

Media Center 15.0.174 Registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 15\

Workstation 6.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Intel Pentium III 2393 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2087 MB, Free - 897 MB

Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16421 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.7601 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.1.7601 / Shell32.dll: 6.1.7601 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: Optiarc  DVD RW AD-7543A    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  TiVo Server (Active)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 07:15:39 am »

Did you try rebooting?  See the link called "Stability" in my signature.  Please start a new thread to discuss.

dpippel

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 08:49:03 am »

After installing .75, all of my playlists with the exception of "Recently Imported" are broken. All Metadata is missing, tracks cannot be found, file location (path) displayed by MC is corrupted. The same playlist files open just fine in Foobar and iTunes.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 09:12:22 am »

After installing .75, all of my playlists with the exception of "Recently Imported" are broken. All Metadata is missing, tracks cannot be found, file location (path) displayed by MC is corrupted. The same playlist files open just fine in Foobar and iTunes.
Back up your library in MC15 and restore it in MC16.  I'll move this to a new thread.

dpippel

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 09:25:21 am »

A Library restore resolved the issue Jim.

grandgrandpa

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 03:58:41 pm »

Importing m4a files on my Win7 64 system crashes MC 16.0.75

This is a new system with I5 Sandybridge processor and SSD
I did a new install of MC and started to import.
Had to unchecked auto import and import each file type separately.
Found that all except m4a worked.

Is this problem unique for me?

Lasse

leoric

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 07:01:35 am »

Select jpg file with Rotation=90.
Remove text in Rotation tag.
Choose Rotate Left in the file context menu.
Result: image rotated by 180 deg. left.
Expected: image rotated 90 deg. left.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 12:14:11 pm »

Select jpg file with Rotation=90.
Remove text in Rotation tag.

You should not edit the rotation tag by hand.  It is read from the EXIF tag.

If the rotation is wrong, use the rotate tools and they will update the rotation value in the program as well.

leoric

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 03:59:39 pm »

If the rotation is wrong, use the rotate tools and they will update the rotation value in the program as well.
Rotation tag doesn't change when I use Rotate tool.
Actually Rotation tag is right, but I need to rotate a photo so it displays correctly in other apps that do not support this exif tag. And now MC provides no one-click possibility to achieve that - I have to clean Rotation tag, then do Rotate Left and Rotate Right.
Anyway sequence I described definitely looks like a bug. I don't understand why it performs in such unpredictable way.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 07:48:55 pm »

After I resume from standby, if I open theater view, I only get a black screen. I can use the escape key to leave theater view and return to standard view just fine. If I try to load of Theater View once more I'll get a black screen. I have to restart MC to resolve the problem. I'm using an nVidia GT240 on the medium quality setting.

I have noticed this usually happens after I watch a movie (I don't know if the video hardware is getting "stuck" by the video renderer?)...

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2011, 04:54:13 pm »

"Convert audio if necessary" (in media network client settings) converts always to MP3 (tested with OGG files).

If I change the setting to "never convert" MC can stream my OGGs in original format. 
The problem with never to convert is though that there might be file types in the library which doesn't support streaming (musepack SV7?) which then causes error messages.

For Audio quality reasons I would like to stream in original format when possible. Of course I could use uncompressed conversion but that would increase network traffic a lot
Pages: [1]   Go Up