INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Network Server skips part of movie when playing on PS3‎  (Read 8225 times)

doug.ca

• Junior Woodchuck
Network Server skips part of movie when playing on PS3‎
« on: November 15, 2011, 09:46:05 am »

Hi,

I've been testing MC versions 16 and 17 (latest builds downloaded) and I'm experiencing the same problems with movies skipping ahead as outlined in these threads:

I've tested with a number of different movies and they all behave similarly. Additionally, the information bar on the PS3 shows these movies to be much shorter than they actually are; for example Star Trek (latest) is indicated as only being 55 minutes in total length. DLNA configuration is Playstation 3. The server is a Windows Home Server and these same movies play fine using the PS3mediaserver application.

As in the original posts, the PS3 is connected on a gigabit wired network and I am seeing no issues with the picture quality. Music files play fine.

The threads above don't seem to indicate any resolution to this problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

doug.ca

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Network Server skips part of movie when playing on PS3‎
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 12:59:00 pm »

Does no one have any thoughts on this problem? Here's a few more details:

• I'm using the MC on a Windows Home Server (1.8 GHz Athlon, 2 GB RAM), CPU runs about 20% during video serving, RAM at ~500 MB. WHS provides access to its data directories (in this case where the DVD rips are stored) through a Windows share.
  • DVDs were originally ripped using Slysoft's AnyDVD and catalogued using MyMovies.
  • The MC interface also lists the times for movies incorrectly. For example, the previously mentioned Star Trek (film) is listed at 1:05:39 (hh:mm:ss) in the MC I/F; actual running time is listed as 1:27:00.
  • MC 17.0.38 won't even play the DVDs in this configuration on the PS3 or to a Window Media Player (v12 running on Win7). The PS3 always indicates "File is corrupted", the WMP says the host is low on memory. MC 16 works on the PS3, but the image is digitally fragmented/highly pixelated/errors and the DVD skips sections as previously mentioned. WMP just spins saying "Opening Media".

I'd appreciate any assistance/ideas. I like the audio capabilities of the MC, but without the video, I'm missing have the functionality.

Thanks

doug.ca

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Network Server skips part of movie when playing on PS3‎
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 11:38:58 pm »

More details...

I tried ripping the DVD into a single VOB file. This plays fine using MC 16, 17.0.38 and WMP, except the runtime and file size are indicated incorrectly.

Also, just installed the 17.0.46 beta. This fixed the playback problems I was experiencing with 17.0.38, but not the file skipping issue, nor the file size or runtime issues even after a tag update.
Pages: [1]   Go Up