INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 18.0.177 -- Available Here  (Read 7844 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 18.0.177 -- Available Here
« on: May 02, 2013, 09:14:18 am »

This is the latest version of MC 18.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180177.exe

History: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74442.0

18.0.177 (5/1/2013)

1. NEW: Added Theater View support for SHOUTcast (add using Options > Theater View > Add...) (it's recommended that you reset file info templates for the best experience using Options > Theater View > Customize file info panel... > Manage... > Reset All Templates To Default).
2. Fixed: Focus could shift unexpectedly to the list when navigating some rollers in Theater View with build 176.
3. Changed: Added a new stock field 'Popularity' (string that supports flexible values; web radio uses it to put something like '3123 listeners' in).
4. Fixed: The Theater View file info template option to 'Hide when empty' was not working for some fields like number of plays that showed 'never played' when empty.
5. Changed: Theater View's Playing Now shows artist backdrops when playing web radio stations that contain ICY metadata.
6. Fixed: PNG images that used 1-bit or 4-bit palettes were not loading properly.
7. Fixed: Launching a video from Explorer when MC was not running could crash.
8. NEW: Added a Polish translation (thanks to Janusz Grzybek)
9. Changed: Updated all language files to have the latest strings from the source code.
10. Fixed: Netflix movies were getting cut off on the right side.
11. Fixed: VCD video would not play.

18.0.176 (4/29/2013)

1. Changed: When there's a 3d drawing error, the error text will not appear for a little while so that coming out of madVR exclusive, which could require a reload of a 3d device, will look cleaner.
2. Changed: If Theater View fails to load and reloads, it will stop trying to reload after 3 reloads in 30 seconds (to avoid looping forever if something isn't working).
3. Changed: Red October will use DXVA Copy Back with nVidia hardware when possible instead of CUVID when using madVR ( http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80258.0 ).
4. Fixed: When returning to Theater View, sometimes the input focus could be unexpectedly shifted from the list to the roller.
5. Fixed: Digital television could crash on stopping.
6. Fixed: Ceton (and other CableCARD) television tuners did not have color controls.
7. Fixed: CD Labeler was crashing.

18.0.175 (4/26/2013)

1. NEW: ASIO output supports DSD bitstreaming using DoP.
2. Fixed: Some videos during conversion would not detect the end of stream properly, so could stop a few seconds early.
3. Changed: Removed the safety valve in the video converter that would stop a conversion if it stalled for too long (Red October should make it unnecessary, and it's possible the valve triggered in cases where it shouldn't).
3. Changed: When multiple optical media disks are present, Theater View now shows the first one available rather than none.
4. Fixed: Queued files for a data disc burn could not be seen because "Show files in subfolders" button was not available.
5. NEW: Media network, add album art for xbox 360 videos.
6. Changed: Media network, fix xbox 360 conversion crashes.
7. Fixed: Crash could occur when clicking the "Rip Tracks" button in the CD header view.
8. Changed: When ripping audio from multiple drives, the 'Details' button in the Action Window jumps to the first drive instead of showing an overview view for all drives (which didn't have the same functionality so could be a little confusing).

18.0.174 (4/25/2013)

1. Fixed: The progress shown for an individual video file during conversion was not displaying correctly.
2. Fixed: Image playback from Library Server was not working in the last few builds.
3. Fixed: If the computer slowed down too much during concurrent video conversions, it could stop a conversion early.
4. Fixed: Encoding to ALAC could crash in some cases.
5. Fixed: On the Import wizard, clicking cancel when it recommended not using an empty auto-import folder list would leave the wizard in a strange state.
6. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).

18.0.173 (4/24/2013)

1. Fixed: Pressing Pause button while television was playing in non-time-shifting mode put television in partially paused state (audio continued to play while video was paused).
2. Fixed: CUE files that contained URLs in comments could lead to a crash.
3. Changed: When saving a JPEG with a high quality (90 or higher quality, which is used for cover art saving), no chrominance subsampling will be used.
4. Fixed: Horizontal scrolling in the Playing Now > Overview view was not working nicely.
5. Fixed: Long M4A files (over 10 hours) could show as 'Live' or with the wrong or empty duration in the library.
6. Changed: MC no longer overrules custom video renderer selection when playing wtv/dvr-ms files.
7. Changed: Flicking images from side to side with the mouse will no longer show the playerbar.
8. Fixed: Starting a playlist of images + music playing could show a "failed to load image" for the first couple images.

18.0.172 (4/22/2013)

1. Fixed: The launcher didn't have the full program name embedded in it, so file associations could show they were associated with "Media" instead of "JRiver Media Center 18".
2. Fixed: If a DLNA device requested metadata for a file that's no longer in the library (or never was in the library), it could crash.
3. Changed: When converting a video file, aggregates with names like 'Index.bdmv' and 'Video_TS.vob' will use the name field for building the new filename instead of preserving the existing filename.
4. Changed: Video conversion could stop early if the encoder paused for a while; now it waits much longer before deciding something went wrong.

18.0.171 (4/19/2013)

1. Fixed: A call to JRWorker.exe to import a file (used for video) could fail when the video was referenced in a playlist.
2. Changed: Updated Chinese language file (thanks kelijun).
3. Changed: Playing an image from a mixed media type list will play only the images.
4. Changed: Handheld sync displays more accurate progress and time estimates in cases where the upload, conversion, or download is running much slower than the other concurrent stages.
5. Changed: Updated traditional Chinese language file (by directly converting from the simplified Chinese file).
6. Fixed: Hulu playback was not working.
7. Fixed: In some cases, the row of times at the top of the Theater View television guide could stop updating as you scrolled right.
8. Fixed: When switching to a television channel of a different tuner type (for example ATSC to cable), the confirmation popup window (if the user has configured to show it) might be shown twice.
9. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
10. Faster: Improved performance of dragging the thumbnail size slider.
11. Changed: Red October uses LAV filters version 0.56.2 (thanks to nevcairiel).
12. Fixed: MC could crash if user tried to stop a television playback immediately after starting to play a channel.
13. Changed: Television engine ignores Stop request if it has not finished starting to play a channel.
14. Changed: If the program is configured to use a cover art folder that is not available or writable, the default cover art folder will be used for that run of the program (the same validation runs when setting a folder and won't allow you to set a non-writable folder).
15. Changed: If the program is configured to save art next to files, it will nicely handle cases when sidecar artwork is not writable on the file system (by falling back to the cover art folder).
16. Changed: DLNA: Allow playlist manipulation in conjunction with setNextAVTransportURI.

18.0.170 (4/16/2013)

1. SDK: Added ZoneID, ZoneName, and LinkedZones to MCWS/v1/Playback/Info response.
2. Changed: Pushing 'Enter' on a secondary roller in Theater View that switches views will shift the focus to the list.
3. Changed: Red October uses LAV filters version 0.56.1.
4. Changed: Red October HQ uses madVR version 0.86.1.
5. NEW: A saved Play Doctor Playchart allows setting the number of output files to 100, 250, 500, or 1000 (previously it was locked at 100).
6. Changed: When a JPEG has no tags, no IPTC tag will be written instead of an empty IPTC tag.
7. Fixed: When a CUE file pointed to a missing WAV file, it would lead to problems.
8. Fixed: MC passed some incorrect parameters to some OpenCable television devices.

18.0.169 (4/15/2013)

1. Fixed: Ceton InfiniTV (and other OpenCable devices) did not work in client-server situation (i.e. client could not play a cable channel with tuner only available on server).
2. NEW: When enabling Media Network, a wizard is shown that steps through starting the server, getting an Access Key, and selecting the best server for your renderer.
3. Changed: Consolidated the list of DLNA server presets and added a preset for Audiophile DACs.
4. Fixed: SSDP discovery (used by DLNA) was not working in some cases in builds 167 and 168.
5. Changed: DLNA options to be more descriptive of what's actually going on.

Re: JRiver Media Center 18.0.177 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 10:21:17 am »

3. Changed: Red October will use DXVA Copy Back with nVidia hardware when possible instead of CUVID when using madVR ( http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80258.0 ).
;D Thank you for this. Now it's possible for me to just use Red October HQ in its stock configuration without having to add LAV Video just to get DXVA2-CB.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 12:53:05 pm »

Still there  :(

In some cases all kind of display view stops working (except Video playback).
I created a new thread on this here.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 12:55:53 pm »

Still there  :(

We haven't been able to reproduce this.

Does changing the popup transparency setting help (type 'popup transparency' in options search)?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

syn-ack

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 12:59:41 pm »

Did this revision fix how Media Center is reported in associated filetypes?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 01:01:56 pm »

You may have to reassociate the file types.

syn-ack

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 01:13:37 pm »

I try to, but MC is reported as the following program to associate with...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 01:29:28 pm »

Did this revision fix how Media Center is reported in associated filetypes?

It should.

18.0.172 (4/22/2013)
Fixed: The launcher didn't have the full program name embedded in it, so file associations could show they were associated with "Media" instead of "JRiver Media Center 18".

You might need to reboot due to MUI caching.

syn-ack

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 01:35:38 pm »

Matt,

I have rebooted several times since installing .175. Still shows up as just Media.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 01:36:27 pm »

Matt,

I have rebooted several times since installing .175. Still shows up as just Media.

Does MC18.exe in the system folder have all the right names in it (right-click > Properties)?

syn-ack

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 01:40:21 pm »

Looks good.. See attached.

syn-ack

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 01:56:13 pm »

I edited the following registry entry, and that fixes the problem..

Original:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache]
"C:\\Windows\\System32\\MC18.exe"="Media"

Edited:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache]
"C:\\Windows\\System32\\MC18.exe"="Media Center 18"

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 02:42:19 pm »

Just installed the latest build and immediately had a crash as soon as i started live tv. I have sent an email log.

I have since had 2 more crashes so for the moment i have reverted back to build 18.0.175.

Any ideas why i should be having all these issues?

regards

dave

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2013, 05:21:43 pm »

[...] Does changing the popup transparency setting help (type 'popup transparency' in options search)?

Disabling transparency doesn't change anything.

We haven't been able to reproduce this. [...]
Ok, looks as if I have to do some more researching... when I get the time I started a new thread on this.
Please feel free to delete this post after reading :)

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2013, 06:10:16 am »

Just installed the latest build and immediately had a crash as soon as i started live tv. I have sent an email log.

I have since had 2 more crashes so for the moment i have reverted back to build 18.0.175.

Any ideas why i should be having all these issues?

regards

dave

Same here. Reverting to .175 until I have time to get further forum feedback and take relevant action. Oops ...  ?
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

bv1pacb

• Junior Woodchuck
DXVA Copy Back with nVidia GPU now maxes out CPU
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2013, 10:09:24 am »

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2013, 03:32:53 pm »

Black on Black Skin-> Windows 7 Aero enabled:

DSP Studio,Analyze Audio don't pop up.The Window stays as a Black Window in the Background.No Options,only an empty Window.

Changed Skin to Thunderstorm->working normal.

Seems to be a MC 18 vs Windows 7 Aero problem again.
MC 18.0.175

Perfect,Problem gone.Working again!  :D
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

maid

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2013, 03:13:56 am »

having problem in theatre view.

Can stop the movie had to reboot.
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2013, 06:59:29 am »

AVS

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2013, 10:28:21 pm »

After autoupdating to version 18.0.175

1) "Number Plays" for images does not work
2) option "Disable transitions on manual image changes" does not work

18.0.177 - the same thing.

18.0.144 - everything works fine

globetrotters1

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2013, 07:02:50 pm »

Playback of a bunch of music tracks gets started with the volume slider set at 80% (as set also in the options)
but music playback starts in reality with 20% (volume slider jumps down to 20%) - and slider cannot be moved quickly with the mouse, it moves slowly

there is obviously a problem around

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2013, 07:44:06 pm »

Playback of a bunch of music tracks gets started with the volume slider set at 80% (as set also in the options)
but music playback starts in reality with 20% (volume slider jumps down to 20%) - and slider cannot be moved quickly with the mouse, it moves slowly

Turn off all DSP.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2013, 07:56:40 pm »

You turned on Volume Protection and it's doing what it's supposed to do.  More here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Volume#Volume_Protection

This gets reported as a bug once a week, so we need to figure out a way to make it more understandable.  Ideas welcome.
Pages: [1]   Go Up