INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Purchase MC19 now and receive a license that works with both MC18 and MC19  (Read 8643 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

We began delivering MC19 licenses almost two months ago.  Whether you purchase from within either MC18 or MC19, you will receive an MC19 license.  This license will work with either MC18 or MC19.

MC19 is available on the Download Page.

Both versions can co-exist on the same PC, but you must turn off Media Server in one and make sure that the file associations are set in just one program if you plan to play from Explorer.

More Here
Upgrade Questions

mbishopsfx

• Recent member

I have MC17 and purchased the MC19 upgrade last night.  I have the .mjr file on my flash drive and am trying to upgrade the MC17 on a Windows XP audio computer that is not online.  Of course, I have the MC19 registration code.  However, upon execution of the .mjr file I get this message: "error restoring media center license: unknown error"

I have tried getting a restored version of the license, but the results are the same.

What am I missing here?

adamt

• Galactic Citizen

I have MC17 and purchased the MC19 upgrade last night.  I have the .mjr file on my flash drive and am trying to upgrade the MC17 on a Windows XP audio computer that is not online.  Of course, I have the MC19 registration code.  However, upon execution of the .mjr file I get this message: "error restoring media center license: unknown error"

I have tried getting a restored version of the license, but the results are the same.

What am I missing here?

Did you download MC 19? http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83084.0
Adam Thompson, JRiver

mbishopsfx

• Recent member

Well, no - I followed the directions given: "Enter your information, and click ONCE on the "Purchase button". When your credit card is authorized, you will see a page with your new “Registration Code” and a link. Save the Registration Code some place safe. Click on the link, and the associated Install Key will be installed. You will also receive an e-mail receipt that includes your Registration Code and Install Key."

plus the further instructions in the JRiver email: "If you have another PC, you can use the attached Install Key for the next 14 days. Just save the Install Key on a floppy disk or other media, then execute it on the second PC where you have Media Center installed."  My impression was that the application file was contained within the .mjr file.  Clearly not the case of course.

So, I have now downloaded MC19, but upon trying to install it I am getting a "0% Extracting" window that is frozen at 0%.  I cannot close this window without fully rebooting the PC.

Further info?

adamt

• Galactic Citizen

Hmm... Some ideas:

1. Do you have any security software?  This often get's in the way.
2. Is it an older machine?  That would be helpful to know as we've had install problems on older CPUs. (This is my best guess as it sounds very similar to this problem.)
3. Have you installed the latest windows updates and drivers? It sounds like the computer is offline so this might be the case.

Adam Thompson, JRiver

mbishopsfx

• Recent member

Thanks for the ideas.

No security software is used.

The Windows install on this PC is fairly recent so should be pretty much up to date.  It's a Dell Precision 390 with 4G RAM and is used exclusively for audio production.  All other recent software installations have gone without a hitch.

I've never seen the file extraction hang like this.

Other ideas?

adamt

• Galactic Citizen

Could you try using 7-zip to extract the files manually, then run Install.exe from the extracted files?

Here's a link to the 7-zip tool if you need one:
http://www.7-zip.org/
Adam Thompson, JRiver

mbishopsfx

• Recent member
Re: Purchase MC19 now and receive a license that works with both MC18 and MC19
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 08:10:53 am »

Hello.

I used the 7Zip app to extract MC19.  It reports that the file is damaged at a number of levels.  I have re-downloaded the file with the same results.  Meanwhile, I have installed and using many audio plugin apps (VST) on this same computer with no problems whatsoever.

What's the issue with MC19?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 08:22:54 am »

Download the most recent version from the Download page here.  Try installing it.  Wait 20 minutes.  Let us know what happens.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 11:06:09 am »

I split the DSD level issue from mbishopsfx to here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83326.0
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up