INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 19.0.114 -- Available Here  (Read 12078 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 19.0.114 -- Available Here
« on: February 04, 2014, 12:46:21 pm »

This is the latest version of MC19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190114.exe

Please use the Problems and Questions thread if you need help.

19.0.114 (2/3/2014)

1. Fixed: HLS segments could incorrectly start on a non-key frame, causing playback breakups on some devices.
2. Fixed: Seeking in a HLS stream could result in playing from a wrong position.
3. NEW: Added new TVInfo() expressions IsTVChannel and ChannelProgramNow.

19.0.113 (1/31/2014)

1. NEW: Support for streaming video to Gizmo using HTTP Live Streaming.
2. Changed: GoPro Cineform decoder added to Custom video mode whitelist.
3. Fixed: Scanning for STB television channels did not work because the analog device channels list was not properly populated.
4. Fixed: When recording ATSC television shows in TS format data for multiple channels in the same transport could be erroneously saved, resulting in multiple videos in the same file, which sometimes could confuse video players.

Testing build not released to the public.

19.0.111 (1/29/2014)

1. Fixed: When playing a video file, pressing down arrow did not show Playing Now OSD.
2. Changed: XML-based Office documents are imported as Data Files, in addition to the "classic" Office documents.
3. Fixed: Added list member null checking to file stacks code.  MC was crashing on running stack error checking.
4. NEW: In television playback, while OSD is showing program names under "Programs", pressing the "info" (or "i") button on the  remote causes MC to display the description of the current program.
5. Fixed: MC could crash when using Hardware Accelerated video decoding with Red October HQ on some systems.

19.0.110 (1/25/2014)

1. Changed: When recording a television show in TS format, MC will use buffering to reduce the number of IO hits.  This should fix the video quality issue in television shows recorded in TS format.
2. Fixed: Subtitles were always shown in the last few builds, even if configured not to.
3. Fixed: Subtitle stream names in the Theater View OSD were not always properly shortened.

19.0.109 (1/23/2014)

1. Fixed: Playback of AIFF files with unknown 'chunk' types over library server would fail to play.
2. Changed: The television channels lists in "Group Channels" and "Edit Channel List" tools can now be sorted by clicking the Channels list header.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
4. Changed: MC will try to determine the television tuner type (ATSC, DVB-T/S/C) by scanning the device name for keywords if the user has not configured the type.  This will not work for all devices.
5. Fixed: Transcoding Video to specific dimensions could crash.
6. Fixed: H264 Video Transcoding profiles could exceed their intended bitrate targets.

19.0.108 (1/17/2014)

1. Fixed: Potential crashes in BufferingInternetReader. Seen on Mac when playing high-def files with memory playback on Library Server clients.
2. NEW: Option to add channel number in front of channel name when scanning for television channels.  The default is to add.  This only affects DVB channels as most other types of channels already add a number in the name (now it is optional for all channel types).
3. Changed: DXVA2 Hardware Accelerated video decoding is used in RO HQ when no other acceleration options are available (on AMD graphics cards and older Intel graphics chips).
4. Fixed: Loading images for Theater View Media Slideshow from Google was broken since October, due to a change in Google's website.
5. NEW: Television channels in standard view can be sorted.  Click the channel list header repeatedly to sort by different parameters (by Name as is, by Name disregarding the number in front, by Channel Number, by channel type).

19.0.107 (1/15/2014)

1. Fixed: MP4 files would hang when played on a Library Server Client without direct file access.
2. Fixed: MC behaved badly when user dismissed the popup window that told the user that MC was currently recording a different television channel than what the user wanted to watch.
3. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.60.1 (primarily fixes for playback issues of a few Blu-ray discs, and decoding improvements for DTS audio)
4. Fixed: Seeking in videos streamed from a library server with video conversion active did not work.
5. Fixed: Album Cover Art was mistakenly only applied to the first file of an album in the last couple builds.

19.0.104 (1/9/2014)

1. Changed: "Favorite Channels" and "Hidden Channels" attributes can be set on "Edit Channel List..." window, where you can select multiple television channels and then click buttons to set them all at once.
2. Changed: "Delete All Channels" button on "Edit Channel List..." window is removed as it is not needed.
3. NEW: Customize text alignment for columns in Standard View file lists by right-clicking on the column header.
4. Changed: The "Mark as (not) Played" library tools are only shown when they are useful (ie. Mark as Played only on files not played before, and vice versa).
5. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
6. Fixed: "Hidden channels" and "Favorite channels" drop lists were not updated after scanning television channels, or after running "Group channels" tool.
7. Changed: Updated the FFmpeg version used for transcoding.
8. NEW: Option to populate "Channel Number" field when scanning for television channels, if such number can be found or constructed.
9. Changed: MC will not treat different audio streams on the same DVB service as separate channels when scanning for channels, and will ignore any service without a name (instead of using "(null)" as name).
10. NEW: On scanning for DVB television channels, MC will add a "DVB-T2/S2/C2" flag to indicate that a channel is or is not a T2/S2/C2 channel.  On tuner device configuration, a checkbox is added to indicate whether a tuner is capable of tuning to T2/S2/C2 channels.
11. Changed: Standard television view will list guide data for 24 hours per page, instead of 18 hours.
12. Fixed: Television channel scanning wizard did not show all option controls for scanning STB channels because the wizard window was too small.
13. Changed: Minor changes on "Edit Channel List" dialog window.

19.0.103 (1/6/2014)

1. Changed: In television options, "Edit Channel List" window includes non-anchor group members in the channel list, so they can be edited.
2. Changed: TV Series in the "Get Cover Art" dialog are sorted by Series and Season.
3. Changed: Expression columns with DataType=[Number] are drawn right aligned.
4. Changed: Only stock decimal fields render with a fixed number of decimal places.
5. NEW: "Mark as Played" and "Mark as not Played" library tools to quickly set or clear the played status of a file.
6. Fixed: Cover Art download could crash in some cases (ie. after a CD Rip).
7. Fixed: Subscription recording of consecutively aired television show episodes would end up in one big recording instead of separate recordings.
8. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).

19.0.102 (1/2/2014)

1. NEW: TV season cover art is downloaded from TheTVDB.com.
2. Fixed: Handle leak in network functionality.
3. Changed: Numeric database fields are drawn right-aligned in Standard View.
4. Changed: Decimal database fields always show a fixed number of decimal places.
5. Fixed: Suggested choices in the dropdown when editing a decimal field are properly grouped, and don't show duplicate entries anymore.
6. Fixed: Downloaded Performer Store subscription tracks would sporadically show a licensing error (103).

Re: JRiver Media Center 19.0.114 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 01:54:13 pm »

SACD metadata is still seen as being external changes to the library, overwriting any changes that have been made.
Disabling "update for external changes" appeared to have fixed this, but I've just gone to play a set of albums and have found that the metadata has reset on them again.

We really need this fixed, and XML sidecars for media types which cannot have metadata changes written to them.

Goatshade

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 04:01:43 pm »

Re-posting this from the last bug thread:

[...]whenever I stop a ripped DVD (VIDEO_TS folder structure), it "forgets" whatever choices I made in regards to audio streams and subtitle tracks. This effectively makes it impossible to analyse non-default audio streams in ripped DVD's. If possible, I'd love to see this remedied.

Another minor quip: is there a reason MC also "forgets" which subtitle track I last chose when the subtitle track in question is a sidecar?

One thing I forgot to mention about ripped DVD's  in folder structure is that they don't automatically stop playing once their end time is reached. Instead, they sit there with a black screen, and I have to manually stop it, or hit the forward button, depending on whether or not the file(s) in question are in a playlist. Otherwise, the video plays fine.

Henglander

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 04:36:14 pm »

SACD metadata is still seen as being external changes to the library, overwriting any changes that have been made.
Disabling "update for external changes" appeared to have fixed this, but I've just gone to play a set of albums and have found that the metadata has reset on them again.

We really need this fixed, and XML sidecars for media types which cannot have metadata changes written to them.
+1

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 09:14:55 pm »

This problem has probably been around for a while.

It appears that when an MPL file is imported, MC is incorrectly re-calculating the Image File field, which indicates where the cover art is located.  This causes user's cover art to be changed.

It seems to prefer external cover art over embedded cover art, so immediately after doing the MPL import (to update fields only, no file import), the Image File field is changed from "Inside File" to the name of the external cover art location/file.

This can be corrected by running a Cover Art > Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory.

Still, an MPL import should not trigger a change in cover art a) for existing files, and b) when it does re-populate Image File it should prefer the previous setting if it is valid.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 03:36:35 am »

I can reproduce the SACD external changes issue. I'll see what I can do.

Edit:
In an upcoming build:
Fixed: SACD ISOs were always detected with external changes and their metadata re-imported during auto-import, overwriting any changes in the library.

Sidecars for audio is a bit tricky, since all over the code its only allowed for video, so its not a quick fix. Need to investigate all which needs to change.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 06:29:32 am »

Awesome, thanks! ISO files reverting all their changes has been very frustrating. Sidecars are less important. (though they provide an easy way to fix things when that happens)

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 07:04:39 am »

NEW: Support for streaming video to Gizmo using HTTP Live Streaming

what does this actually mean?

I am happy to see that streaming video to Samsung S4 now works... and for all types of video formats :)
Great job!!!

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 07:22:06 am »

It means MC can stream video using the HTTP Live Streaming format, instead of the plain video stream it used before, which some Android devices rather prefer, apparently.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 07:28:43 am »

HTTP Live Streaming is a technology for streaming of big media files in multiple chunks instead of using a single massive download. The player re-assembles the chunks as needed. This makes it easier / faster for players to start playing the first chunk, and if something breaks in the middle of playing a big media file then the process only needs to re-send the chunk that failed rather than re-sending the whole file. Furthermore, if there are bandwidth limitations, it is even possible for the media resolution / compression of each chunk to be dynamically adjusted up or down to suit the available bandwidth. (Although I don't know if MC actually needs to use the dynamic resolution / compression feature...)

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 12:16:18 pm »

I was curious about where the SACD change may have been introduced, and what looks most likely to me is:

19.0.99 (12/19/2013)

1. Changed: When importing a SACD, the file size for each track will show the size of the individual track inside the ISO instead of the size of the entire ISO.
2. Fixed: Doing 'Update Library (from tags)' was not working properly for CUE or SACD tracks.

dean70

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2014, 12:30:40 am »

Hang: hung when changing tracks (selecting next track) suddenly after listening for a couple of hours. Stuck looping with audio that was in Audio device buffer had to reboot to clear.

abwyatt

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 09:10:19 am »

I am happy to see that streaming video to Samsung S4 now works... and for all types of video formats :)
Great job!!!

I was quite excited to see this, but unfortunately it does not seem to have fixed the problem on my Sony Xperia Z1 which has Android 4.3 running on it. After clicking on a video thumbnail in Gizmo, a dialogue appears saying "Preparing ..." but after a few seconds it disappears and the screen returns to the thumbnails.

I don't have any problems with streaming videos from the web browser which I often do, and from other video apps like BeyondPod which I also use regularly.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2014, 09:14:12 am »

I was quite excited to see this, but unfortunately it does not seem to have fixed the problem on my Sony Xperia Z1 which has Android 4.3 running on it. After clicking on a video thumbnail, a dialogue appears saying "Preparing ..." but after a few seconds it disappears and the screen returns to the thumbnails.
Make sure you've updated Gizmo from the Play Store.  Power your phone off and back on.  Use another thread for discussion.

rec head

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 09:44:28 am »

There is only a maximum of 4 stars showing up in standard view. Gizmo and theater view show all 5. I just noticed this so I updated to .114 to see if it would be fixed. It wasn't.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 10:15:49 am »

There is only a maximum of 4 stars showing up in standard view. Gizmo and theater view show all 5. I just noticed this so I updated to .114 to see if it would be fixed. It wasn't.
All five are there.  Maybe your column needs to be expanded.

rec head

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2014, 11:02:12 am »

I just closed MC and re-opened it to make sure something weird was happening.

In the top pane that show what is playing, duration, rating etc. I can only see 4 stars. It does not matter if the song is rated 5 stars. In the other panes I can see all 5.

MrC

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 12:49:05 pm »

What expression are you using for the second line of Display?

rec head

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 01:48:36 pm »

I have no idea. Where do I look?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 01:50:34 pm »

I have no idea. Where do I look?

Right click on the display line, and select "Customize Display..."

It looks like the ratings are added automatically though, not as part of the expression.
I do however get all 5 here.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

MrC

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 01:59:11 pm »

It seems that the Display field [PN Tracks] is not only the quantity of tracks, but also includes RatingStars().

This is wrong.  It is built into the Status line.  An empty Status line will still yield the clickable-rating stars.

I'm not sure why they'd be truncated.

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2014, 07:00:36 pm »

Lately I've noticed that if Media Centre is playing a video file (this doesn't seem to affect tv watching) often it will crash when it stops playing the file or when switching to another video. I've tried disabling hardware acceleration and setting RO to standard mode to no avail. Hopefully the log file I've attached will help to narrow down the issue.

Also a separate issue that I've noticed for a while now about one in ten time when I switch to a new TV channel the video will be slow, jerky and stuttering the sound will make popping noises that throws the audio chain into protect mode after around 3 seconds

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2014, 02:02:11 am »

Lately I've noticed that if Media Centre is playing a video file (this doesn't seem to affect tv watching) often it will crash when it stops playing the file or when switching to another video. I've tried disabling hardware acceleration and setting RO to standard mode to no avail. Hopefully the log file I've attached will help to narrow down the issue.

Also a separate issue that I've noticed for a while now about one in ten time when I switch to a new TV channel the video will be slow, jerky and stuttering the sound will make popping noises that throws the audio chain into protect mode after around 3 seconds

See here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87284.0
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

HiFiTubes

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2014, 05:14:25 am »

Files are still being imported as duplicates. Auto-import disabled.

Just ran another import and the dups remain, even with "Fix Broken Links: Yes"

Dup filenames are identical, using same mapped drive.

Using Synology 411j.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2014, 12:00:46 am »

Bug: DLNA server won't play certain WMV files

see http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=85723.0

Roger O

• Recent member
JRiver Media Center 19.0.114
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2014, 05:07:32 am »

Just notices that files are being deleted from the library even when told to delete the library only.

user459

Re: JRiver Media Center 19.0.114 - SACD ISO Playback Issue
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2014, 01:09:30 am »

19.0.114 and 19.0.108 DSD ISO playback buggy and stuttering, sometimes you get loud pops and clicks as though there is no sync.

This happens always on JRiver startup. Once this happens it also effects DSD file playback where I will sometimes get the same playback issue.
Problem is most prevalent with large ISO file (4.3GB and larger) playback. Sometimes this will also cause JRiver to crash or hang (I will try to log the crash or hang next time) if left to play in this problem mode for longer than approx. 30 seconds.

Partial workaround:
If I switch and play some PCM files before playing DSD files then DSD ISO, this seems to stabilize the system and then I can playback the ISO without issue for awhile.
However when I stop DSD ISO or file playback for a little while (30 seconds to a minute) and try again to playback the ISO files, it will go back to stuttering playback.

I am using WASAPI and streaming DSD via DoP. However I have the same issue using ASIO and DoP mode.

Wiped the original 108 version and re-installed. Then wiped the 108 version and installed fresh the 114 version. Same issue.

MSSEC with JRiver and audio files directories all excluded.  Windows 7 64bit, 8GB RAM. Never used to have this issue with JRiver 18.

gappie

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2014, 05:13:07 am »

mc crashes when im in thv, choose a movie which has a bookmark, and choose play from the beginning. it does not happen when i choose resume, and it also does not happen when i playback from standard view. i made a log file, but its to big to attach.

:)
gab

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2014, 06:53:35 am »

19.0.114 and 19.0.108 DSD ISO playback buggy and stuttering, sometimes you get loud pops and clicks as though there is no sync.

Please start a new thread for this.  Antivirus software could explain it, even if MC18 works.

HiFiTubes

Re: JRiver Media Center 19.0.114 - SACD ISO Playback Issue
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2014, 07:00:04 am »

This happens always on JRiver startup. Once this happens it also effects DSD file playback where I will sometimes get the same playback issue.
Problem is most prevalent with large ISO file (4.3GB and larger) playback. Sometimes this will also cause JRiver to crash or hang (I will try to log the crash or hang next time) if left to play in this problem mode for longer than approx. 30 seconds.

Partial workaround:
If I switch and play some PCM files before playing DSD files then DSD ISO, this seems to stabilize the system and then I can playback the ISO without issue for awhile.
However when I stop DSD ISO or file playback for a little while (30 seconds to a minute) and try again to playback the ISO files, it will go back to stuttering playback.

I am using WASAPI and streaming DSD via DoP. However I have the same issue using ASIO and DoP mode.

Wiped the original 108 version and re-installed. Then wiped the 108 version and installed fresh the 114 version. Same issue.

MSSEC with JRiver and audio files directories all excluded.  Windows 7 64bit, 8GB RAM. Never used to have this issue with JRiver 18.

Start a new thread and I'll join in. Heard a glitch I have never heard when doing PCM2DSD today. Not white noise, but a static like glitch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up