INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing Videos served up by Twonky using MC19  (Read 1108 times)

djc45

Playing Videos served up by Twonky using MC19
« on: August 12, 2014, 07:17:26 am »

Hi,
I did do a forum search on this before starting a thread, but couldn`t find the information, my apologies if it is out there, and I just missed it.

I have just upgraded to MC19 after not using the product since MC14, so please be gentle.

I`ll explain what it is I`m trying to do, and hopefully someone will be able to provide me with some guidance.

I have a DVR which has Twonky embedded, and serves up all the recordings over the network. I can play these back from Twonky on my PS3 for example. I would like to configure MC19 to play back these videos, from Twonky, in order to use MC's theater view and a media centre remote, with my PC connected to the screen in the bedroom, to playback the DVR recordings on the dvr in the media room.
I can`t seem to find how to have MC recognise Twonky as existing, and set MC to list and play the videos from it. Twonky shows up in windows explorer, and is reconised by other PCs and the PS3.

I appreciate any advice that anyone might be able to give me.
Thanks
Duncan

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playing Videos served up by Twonky using MC19
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 08:32:08 am »

Welcome to the forum.  You need to turn on Media Network in MC options.  It should then find other DLNA devices like Twonky.

Please read a little here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89516.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up