INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why one ipod thread?  (Read 1913 times)

brgale

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Why one ipod thread?
« on: September 10, 2003, 10:24:44 am »

I'm a new iPod owner and I'm trying to find support on these forums, but finding answers to a single problem is very difficult when every ipod issue is listed in only one thread.  Is there a reason for this?  

This is my first post, so yell at me if I'm wrong, but it seems like this isn't the most convenient way for someone to find answers about ipod issues.  

I'm hesitant to post my issue because it may have been covered, but finding it is hard (and yes, I used the search function).  

So can we have multiple ipod threads?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Why one ipod thread?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2003, 10:27:04 am »

The iPod is just one aspect of what we do.  It's important to us, but we prefer to have support grouped in a single thread.  Many questions that are asked can often be answered by reading.

brgale

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2003, 10:33:53 am »

It makes sense that the ipod is just one of the things you need to cover from a support angle.  What about making a sub category under media center 9 about portable devices?  The ipod thread has 160 posts right now talking about all sorts of different issues.

I appreciate the amount of support that exists on this forum.  I think this suggestion would just make the forums more user friendly.  

fex

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2003, 10:35:23 am »

Just don't hesitate. Ask your question (or do your suggestion) in the iPod thread and you'll get an answer or at least an echo. People are great here.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2003, 10:37:26 am »

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2003, 10:40:43 am »

brgale:

**edit**: hehe, I see Jim beat me to it..

For a little shameless plug...

You might want to surf on over to www.ipodlounge.com and check out the forums.  There's an MC9 forum there and a lot of folks that will be able to help you out with many angles of MC9, especially w/the iPod.

Not to take away from MC9's help here, but a lot of the stuff in the iPod thread is regarding beta testing the new plugin etc.  Also, the 'lounge board is full of fanatics (i.e. myself) for the 'pod and MC9 and you'll get quick responses.

<end shameless plug>  ;D

Adam

brgale

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2003, 10:41:26 am »

Thanks for the info guys.  I'll poke around in the thread, see what I can find.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up