INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting Loudness feature to work in my setup  (Read 2269 times)

Oliverlim

• Recent member
Getting Loudness feature to work in my setup
« on: November 02, 2015, 10:54:25 pm »

I love the loudness feature when I was using a creative X7 as a DAC/Preamp/AMP for my desktop system.

However I am now using a Chord Mojo as the DAC/Preamp to a external amp.  From my initial listening, it seems like I prefer what I am hearing by having JRiver MC21 output a full volume and using the Chord Mojo to control the volume to my amp/speakers.  I cannot explain exactly why I prefer it. Something to the immediacy or dynamics of the music using it this way. It be the the interaction of the output to the input volume control on mc21 and chord mojo.  Assuming this is what I prefer, is there a way to enable the loudness feature on MC21? I would assume not as mc21 is outputting the signal at full volume and has no way of knowing what volume is being used on the chord?

What is the best way in a system like mine to ensure full resolution of my PCM/DSD files?  2 items come to mind. 

1. Bit depth.  My dac is 32bit. Do I set it to 32bit or 64bit in MC21? 

2. Use full output line out on my DAC and use MC21 to control my volume? Use full volume on MC21 and use my dac to control the volume.  My Creative X7 volume control seems to actually control the MC21 volume control as well.  But my Chord mojo does not it seems. As in when I increase the chord mojo volume, it does not move the MC21 volume controls.

Thanks in advance.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Getting Loudness feature to work in my setup
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 04:16:18 am »

Assuming this is what I prefer, is there a way to enable the loudness feature on MC21? I would assume not as mc21 is outputting the signal at full volume and has no way of knowing what volume is being used on the chord?

You are correct. The only way to use loudness is to use Internal Volume in MC.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Oliverlim

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 10:37:39 pm »

You are correct. The only way to use loudness is to use Internal Volume in MC.

Thanks! 

Any thoughts on the 2nd part of my question esp on the bits parts?

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 01:31:06 am »

Any thoughts on the 2nd part of my question esp on the bits parts?

Just try them both and let your ears decide. . . .?  :)

Spike
Pages: [1]   Go Up