INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Blu-ray and MKV 3D support [Under Development]  (Read 241253 times)

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MKV 3D support
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2016, 07:17:09 pm »

Will give it a try in an hour or so and get back to you.  Earlier I was not able to get 3D to work at all and nothing has changed on that machine since I left earlier this week.  So I'm not sure what's happening.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2016, 07:31:11 pm »

At one point I could not even get nvidia's 3d setup to work - had to do a clean install of the drivers.
JRiver CEO Elect

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2016, 08:05:01 pm »

Rolled back and forth a couple of times.  This one does not even do a change of res for me so it is always SBS D3D9 and does not put the GPU into 3D mode at all.  Even when I manually put it the settings into 3D then it is still SBS D3D9.  When I rollback the madvr.ax then it is what I got before.

Slightly different results for me.  When I use this madvr.ax version, it also does not switch on 3D mode in the OS at all.  Playback doesn't even start for me.  Just hangs.  I'm able to open madvr settings from the directshow filters menu, but, the movie playback never starts.  I only have 3D enabled and enable 3D for 3D content selected.  When I try to enable 3D mode in the OS display settings, mc21 crashes immediately upon trying to play a 3D mkv.  I'm not sure where to go from here with this version.

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2016, 08:17:03 pm »

Putting back the 0.90.3 madvr.ax restores the previous situation I had (I rebooted my machine since the weirdness started earlier and now it's back to behaving like it has been).  Basically enable 3D, and when playing 3D content enable are set.  And it works in MC21.  madvr OSD:

D3D11 fullscreen windowed (3D)
NV12, 8 bit, 4:2:0 (3D)

When I enable all the options on the 3D settings page, the OSD shows the same but I don't get 3D until I bring up the MC UI.  Even right clicking to bring up the context menu will enable 3D with those settings.  Or bringing up the player controls, etc.  I just don't get it.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2016, 08:29:11 pm »

Slightly different results for me.  When I use this madvr.ax version, it also does not switch on 3D mode in the OS at all.  Playback doesn't even start for me.  Just hangs.  I'm able to open madvr settings from the directshow filters menu, but, the movie playback never starts.

That is the same for me, but FYI if you press Pause/Play it will start playing (at least for me) but not in 3D.  This stalled playback is one of the issue I've reported.

When I enable all the options on the 3D settings page, the OSD shows the same but I don't get 3D until I bring up the MC UI.  Even right clicking to bring up the context menu will enable 3D with those settings.  Or bringing up the player controls, etc.  I just don't get it.

And I get the opposite.  When (if) 3D is working, as soon as I bring up the MC Menu I lose 3D even though madVR says it is all fine (and I don't get it back when the menu disappears). 
JRiver CEO Elect

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2016, 08:39:59 pm »

It's definitely not consistent, that's for sure.  At least across users.  For me, the behavior I get is very consistent with 0.90.3.  The new version, I tried pause/play and it did nothing.  Very frustrating.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2016, 08:43:04 pm »

Ahhh but it will get there!  It will be interesting to see if a newer GPU will fix any of my issues...
JRiver CEO Elect

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2016, 08:44:18 pm »

Oh of that I have NO doubt!  I don't want to seem like I'm complaining cause that isn't it at all.  I am just wanting to help figure out what's wrong.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2016, 08:49:25 pm »

Mmm I see you have a 6xx Series GPU as well.  Others in this thread with it working well seem to have 7xx or later.
JRiver CEO Elect

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2016, 08:49:57 pm »

No cash to upgrade any time soon.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2016, 08:52:02 pm »

I'd also prefer not to upgrade - just looking for a commonality...
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2016, 10:30:14 pm »

Some good news!  I found a GeForce 361.60 Hotfix over at Guru3d that seems to have fixed most of my problems.  I see it installed a newer version of the 3D Drivers.

Just retesting now....
JRiver CEO Elect

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
Re:
« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2016, 10:31:39 pm »

I've been using it. Does not fix most of the issues at all.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2016, 11:36:44 pm »

Well it fixed my stuck in D3D9 SBS mode as I now get D3D11 3D reliably!  

That said, I have now seen some of the behaviour you have reported eg, on occasion it is 3D when the Menu is displayed but 2D when off... but I've also seen the reverse... Mostly it is always 3D.  I've been trying to change settings slowly to see if there is any commonality/repeatability but no real luck yet.

I have noticed any quick play/stop/play behaviour is more likely to cause issues, but if I'm patient it is now much more reliable than where it was with the Dec WHQL driver.  I'm also using it with MC's display rate changer (Tools --> Options--> Display Setting--> Custom-->) and put in "Wait after change" value to help slow down all these display changes.  I also not seen the hung playback issue since the driver upgrade, but sometimes the opposite where if I press Stop I get a hung black screen and I need to move the mouse to the menu for playback to be terminated.

One thing for the JR Team that is not working is while I've set the "Default (used when restoring display settings) = 1920x1080@50hz" Display Setting Option, it is being ignored on playback stop.  I'm getting left in 3D Mode.  The Display Setting Options may need some tweaking once 3D is officially added in MC.

I will still be getting a GTX960 as I'm struggling to keep queues filled with Jinc+AR when in 3D and end up with terrible Lip Sync.  My 660Ti has served well for the last 3 odd years but I get the feeling it is struggling.
JRiver CEO Elect

madshi

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2016, 04:39:16 am »

Next try:

http://madshi.net/madVRmc21b.rar

If you still have problems with 3D not activating or switching on/off when the OSD is shown, then please create a debug log for me (with the new debug build), by using the following approach:

1) Enable Ctrl+J OSD and keep it on all the time for this test.
2) Start playback in windowed mode. Let it run for 10 seconds. Do you get 3D?
3) Switch to fullscreen (are you using exclusive?) and let it run for 10 seconds. Do you get 3D?
4) Show the MC OSD and let playback run for 10 seconds. Do you get 3D?
5) While the MC OSD is visible, does madVR detect a different refresh rate?
6) Hide the MC OSD and let playback run for 10 seconds. Do you get 3D?
7) Close MC21 completely, zip and upload the debug log.

Please also tell me your madVR settings, especially those in the "stereo 3d" and "general settings" pages. Thanks!

bhampster

• World Citizen
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2016, 06:12:52 am »

Madshi,

I want to thank you. Aside from my family of course, my JRiver setup is the favorite part of my life and I likely wouldn't use JRiver if it didn't incorporate MadVR. I've been overboard with my home theater hobby going on 16 years now and it's getting better all the time.

I will work on debugging this as much as I can though a problem is that for me it worked from the start.

Still... I'll help in any way I can.

I think I'll go ahead and uninstall Stereoscopic player now.

Thanks again.

edit - Since I'm not having any trouble (apart from one movie with inverted polarity) I don't know how I can help but I will say I have turned off exclusive mode and I have 2D playback set to dis-able 3D mode.... With those 2 settings I can go back and forth with 3D and 2D movies all day ... no problems over here.

-Brian

bhampster

• World Citizen
« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2016, 07:41:56 am »

Me again...

I hooked my HTPC back up to my full HT setup and this new ax file posted above killed everything for me.

So maybe I can help debug after all.

With the new file I either got side by side or just MC crash.

However, I did uninstall Stereoscopic player and I do believe in this new development.

-Brian

madshi

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2016, 09:14:32 am »

Strange. Do you get a madVR crash report for that crash? If so, please send it to me, or upload it somewhere. For the SBS problem, can you please create a debug log for me with the new build?

Weird thing is, all those builds work just fine on my PC, with any of the 3 GPU manufacturers (Intel, AMD, NVidia). So I really depend on getting information from you guys.

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2016, 10:43:24 am »

Next try:

If you still have problems with 3D not activating or switching on/off when the OSD is shown, then please create a debug log for me (with the new debug build), by using the following approach:

1) Enable Ctrl+J OSD and keep it on all the time for this test.
2) Start playback in windowed mode. Let it run for 10 seconds. Do you get 3D?
3) Switch to fullscreen (are you using exclusive?) and let it run for 10 seconds. Do you get 3D?
4) Show the MC OSD and let playback run for 10 seconds. Do you get 3D?
5) While the MC OSD is visible, does madVR detect a different refresh rate?
6) Hide the MC OSD and let playback run for 10 seconds. Do you get 3D?
7) Close MC21 completely, zip and upload the debug log.

Please also tell me your madVR settings, especially those in the "stereo 3d" and "general settings" pages. Thanks!

I'm working on it now.  Just a note I reinstalled nvidia 361.60 beta driver as it has been the most stable driver for 3D.

NOTE: For the nVidia users...you REALLY should run the 3D setup wizard after installing a new driver else bad messed up stuff happens.

This build does NOT enable 3d display mode in display settings for me, even though it should, so I enabled it manually for this test.

madvr settings are simple...3D enabled, set 3D mode on for 3D content.  Nothing else enabled.  D3D11 is enabled, but, no fse or windowed exclusive, either.

1) Been enabled anyway
2) SBS
3) SBS
4) SBS
5) No
6) SBS

I've not created a debug log, but, I verified the exact same thing happens with this build in MPC-HC, as well.  Essentially I can't get frame packed to work at all and it defaults to SBS.  I verified LAV is still seeing the content as 3D.  madvr OSD is *NOT* showing it as 3D which is probably why I'm getting SBS.  I can post a debug log in a bit but I thought I'd give you some quick feedback first.

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2016, 10:54:14 am »

Debug log is hella large.  Like 1.4 gigs.  What the hell did you do?  LMAO!  I started out in windowed playback mode and MC21 crashed as soon as I went full screen.  This build is definitely not right.

edit: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xymowytoz05m3bx/madVR_-_log.7z

Log from mc21b build.

edit2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/h1d8drre8bd1d0h/madVR_-_log-0930.7z

A log with 0.90.3 for comparison.  What you'll see in that log is I start playback, and it switches to 3D mode and shows it's outputting 3D in the OSD.  However, it's not.  I then right click to bring up the popup menu from MC21, and it shows 3D until I hide the menu.  No idea if this helps but it's what I got.

madshi

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #120 on: January 24, 2016, 05:35:06 pm »

Ok, sorry guys. Here's hopefully a better try:

http://madshi.net/madVR93b.rar

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #121 on: January 24, 2016, 05:36:22 pm »

No apologies.  I won't get to try this out til much later if not tomorrow.

bhampster

• World Citizen
« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2016, 05:42:33 pm »

I will try the new one...

With the last one I reverted back to the most resent release and everything was fine again.

Hope to try the update soon.

Hilton

« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2016, 05:55:15 pm »

I spent a quick half hour on this last night after getting my system setup after my house move.   

I also could not get framepacking working and only got SBS with a framepacked 3D MVC.

I copied all most recent release files to relevant locations.
Running Windows 8.1 64bit, Nvidia GTX 760 with latest 361.43 WHQL game ready drivers.
MC21 21.0.39

MC21 would crash regularly and I never was able to get a picture.
Sometimes just got audio and blank screen with top MC21 control panel overlay. Tried all the builds and all the same result.

With the current configuration Stereoscopic player and TMT still works with framepacking with either 3D MVC or 3D ISO.

I'll do more testing tonight.

Thanks for putting so much time and effort into it Madshi!

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2016, 06:38:45 pm »

Ok, sorry guys. Here's hopefully a better try:

http://madshi.net/madVR93b.rar

This one's got some odd behavior for me.  I enabled EVERY checkbox on the 3D settings page.  Initially I got no 3D even though the OSD said it was 3D.  Even bringing up the MC21 UI didn't switch it to 3D.  That was odd, so, I took it out of fullscreen mode and checked to make sure it switched back to 3D on in the display settings and it was.  When I went back to fullscreen in MC, 3D worked perfectly.  Bringing up the MC UI, not having the UI, etc...didn't matter.  I'm not sure what the secret sauce is here.

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2016, 06:42:55 pm »

WOAAAAAAA, that's FREAKY!  I have something for you.  Not sure if you need a debug log or not.  I can try to get one in a bit if you need it.  Ok, here's how this goes down for me....

1) Bring up MC21
2) Select a 3D MKV
3) It starts fullscreen playback, not showing 3D
4) madvr OSD says D3D11 3D
5) Pause playback....take it out of fullscreen mode
6) Open the OS display settings page, go to advanced.  Change NOTHING but close it....this step is the magic sauce
7) Go back to MC21
8 ) Bring it fullscreen again
9) Unpause
10) 3D works in all situations going forward

What the?

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2016, 06:54:00 pm »

Nevermind what I said. it's wrong.  Just start the playback, pause, take it out of full screen mode, bring it back to full screen, and play.  Then I get 3D.

Here's a new log in case it helps.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/w1r7sywzadlka49/madVR_-_log.7z

madshi

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2016, 07:32:29 pm »

@SamuriHL, is that with exclusive mode enabled or disabled? Try the other way round (enable or disable exclusive mode), just as a test. Going to bed now...

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2016, 07:36:48 pm »

@SamuriHL, is that with exclusive mode enabled or disabled? Try the other way round (enable or disable exclusive mode), just as a test. Going to bed now...

Windowed and full screen exclusive mode are disabled.  Running a quick test now with FSE enabled. And that seems to work.  Things are 3D when it starts and stay 3D.  However, I'd prefer if it worked without FSE cause I hate the transitions.  I realize it was just a test.  Thanks!

Window overlay does not work.  Only FSE.  Blah.

And actually even in FSE, swapping back and forth between windowed mode and FSE a few times, windowed mode eventually loses 3D.  But FSE brings it back.  Freaky.

madshi

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2016, 07:40:59 pm »

Ok, some more questions for disabled exclusive mode:

1) Do you really need to go fullscreen? How about just changing the madVR render window size slightly, and then resuming playback?
2) Do you really have to pause/unpause? Or maybe just changing the render window size (or going fullscreen) does the trick without pausing the video?
3) What happens if you manually enable the OS 3D checkbox before starting MC? Does it work directly then?
4) Once you got it working, is playback 3D even in a non-fullscreen window?
5) What happens if you start playback in a non-fullscreen window instead of a fullscreen window?

Thanks.

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2016, 07:48:33 pm »

See my update as you posted

So far it seems like FSE is the winner.

1) As soon as it comes out of full screen while paused it seems to enable 3D in the non-full screen window.
2) Yes, pause, unpause seems to be necessary.  Just changing it while playing doesn't seem to work.
3) Nope...makes no difference to have it enabled manually
4) Yes, playback in non-full screen and full screen all work in 3D
5) I'll have to test this one later as it requires some settings changes and I don't want to go dig right now.  Interesting question though.

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2016, 07:57:00 pm »

madshi's a darn genius.  That's it.  #5.  If you start the player in non-full screen mode, 3D works even when you go to full screen.  I suspect that's why it works for me in MPC-HC because the option that says start playback in full screen doen't work for me.  LOL.  So it always starts in a window.  Getting MC21 to mirror that behavior makes it play exactly as MPC-HC does now.  Nicely done to figure that out.  Now....why?  LMAO :D

bhampster

• World Citizen
« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2016, 08:04:51 pm »

Using the latest posted update I have no trouble.

Also using just the latest full release I had no trouble.

I don't follow what you guys says about full screen as I'm always full screen.

I am not engaging exclusive tho.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2016, 08:07:11 pm »

OK - Got my new GTX 960 GPU in and working.  Been just playing with the public release so far and will move on to testing the http://madshi.net/madVR93b.rar this arvo.
JRiver CEO Elect

bhampster

• World Citizen
« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2016, 08:23:55 pm »

Was just enjoying resident evil retribution and avatar 3D. However I think the forced subtitles didn't display in Avatar.

Going from 3D to 2D and back is working fine tho

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2016, 10:16:40 pm »

Next try:

- Log at: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59011278/madVR93b%20-%20log.zip
- New 960 with GeForce 361.60 Hotfix
- MC Settings : Display changing OFF
- madVR Settings : Reset to Default then Unchecked Exclusive Mode.  Checked all the 3D Options.  Enable Ctrl+J

Notes on what you should see in the Log:
- Started playback of 3D when the desktop was at it's default (1080/50hz)
- Playback was in 3D Correctly but massive frame drops.  Did a seek from the KB to fix
- Moused over to expose the MC Menu (top) and it drops to 2D / when the MC Menu (top) disappears then 3D resumes
- Switched to Windows Overlay and repeated the above test exposing the MC Menu with the same results
- Using the TheaterView OSD (bottom) and it stays in 3D
- I saw no change in reported refresh rate

JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2016, 11:07:33 pm »

More testing, same settings but with "Restore OS 3D Setting = OFF"
- If I Start Playback with the GPU already in 3D Mode then I have no issues with it coming in or out of 3D (with Restore 3D settings OFF)
- If the GPU is still in 3D mode when finishing playback and I then play a 2D movie I see that while the GPU has switched to 3D/50hz I get a flashing picture (Black/Pic/Black).  Pause/Seek does not fix it but a Stop/Play does (as this time it is already in 2D mode).  Log of the flashing playback is here : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59011278/madVR93b%20-%20log2.zip

It would seem I have NO issues if the correct 2D/3D mode is set prior to playback commencing.... but weirdness happens if the GPU is still changing modes when playback has commenced. 
JRiver CEO Elect

bhampster

• World Citizen
« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2016, 06:50:36 am »

so many issues and options for settings I guess and yet the first release worked so very well for me.

I hope it's easy to sort and I suppose it comes down to focus-ing on each problem one by one.

One thing is peeps have to have 3D working on the PC before trying this... I know that for sure.

For me, My PC is dedicated and I live in "theater view" and I have to have it in 2D most of the time. Thankfully, it switches in and out of 3D with no issue for me... I'm very happy about that.

-Brian

ps anyone with Nvidia, I do believe you need what they call Nvidia 3DPlay. It sort of got abandoned and worked into later drivers but I don't have much joy without it. It really helps with Nvidia 3D

madshi

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2016, 12:00:28 pm »

Here's another new build. Only change is that I'm waiting 3 seconds after enabling 3D OS support. I hope that this will solve jmone's problem?

http://madshi.net/madVRmc21c.rar

@SamuriHL, not sure what to do with your problem. Your log looks clean to me, I've no idea why starting in fullscreen windowed doesn't work for you, while everything else (FSE and non-fullscreen windowed) works. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, I think it's probably a GPU driver issue.

@bhampster, it all worked well for me from the first release, too. Not sure why sometimes there are so many problems on some PCs, but not on others.

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2016, 12:03:58 pm »

Beats me man, I only work here.  LOL.  Yea, I don't know.  It's a very strange issue.  I'm either going to have to use FSE which I don't like due to the noticeable switching between full screen and windowed mode or start everything non-full screen which breaks the theater view concept.  Neither is wonderful, however, the fact that 3D is working for MKV is such a huge benefit I hardly care what the work around is as long as it continues to work.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2016, 12:36:07 pm »

madshi,
We've seen some odd problems with Nvidia drivers lately, maybe related to Win10.  I posted links to a couple of them here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=24031.msg704783#msg704783

Thanks again for your work on this.  It's fun watching the progress.

Jim

madshi

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #141 on: January 25, 2016, 12:49:57 pm »

Yeah, Windows 10 GPU drivers generally seem to be a bit of a mess at the moment. AMD has its own share of problems (no proper DXVA deinterlacing quality, unstable Crossfire etc).

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2016, 01:00:35 pm »

That's why I grabbed the latest beta driver for nVidia.  Here's hoping that a combination of Win10 updates and/or GPU drivers fixes the weird issues going forward.  My GPU is getting a bit long in the tooth but I'm not in a position right now to replace it sadly.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2016, 03:09:45 pm »

Here's another new build. Only change is that I'm waiting 3 seconds after enabling 3D OS support. I hope that this will solve jmone's problem?

http://madshi.net/madVRmc21c.rar

Nope - no change (well one for the worse, if I bring up the MC Menu (top) I drop out of 3D till it disappears).  Is there a particular "known good" combination of settings and driver version for a 960 on Win10 64-Bit I can test against?
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2016, 03:37:12 pm »

Actually it is the same.  Weirdness creaps in if the GPU is still changing modes and refresh rates when playback starts.  One it is fully setup then it is perfect.  I notice that all this GPU changing modes can take 5 sec on my PC/AVR/TV.  Would it be possible to get a test build with a very long delay (say 10 sec) just to see if this is it.

I did have a thought on this and just put in a DVI Detector plus into the HDMI out to see if keeping the EDID constant helps but no change.
JRiver CEO Elect

madshi

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2016, 04:26:57 pm »

Ok, here's a test build with 10 second delay - but only when activating 3D. When deactivating 3D I'm doing a 1 second delay.

http://madshi.net/madVR10s.rar

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #146 on: January 25, 2016, 04:50:07 pm »

I'm going to mess with that build myself when I get a minute.  Probably in an hour or so.  Wondering if in full screen all the switching to 3D and resolution modes are causing my issues.  It's a thought anyway.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #147 on: January 25, 2016, 07:13:11 pm »

Argh - Going around in circles.  The only repeatable thing is:
- If it is in the Correct 3D mode before playback = All Good
- If madVR needs to switch to 3D mode = weirdness comes in

Now I see when madVR switch 3D mode on at commencement of playback on my TV
- Playback starts (I can hear the sound track) but no picture
- TV reports a change to 24hz with the Black Screen Flash and a drop of sound then
- TV reports 3D Mode comes on the TV with the Black Screen Flash and a drop of sound
- After the delay I get another Black Screen Flash and a drop of sound (sometime I even see the TV reporting that 3D is being turned off and on again)
- Weirdness commences

JRiver CEO Elect

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #148 on: January 25, 2016, 07:17:19 pm »

That's kind of the patterns I'd been seeing as well.  But starting it in 3D initially didn't help my situation.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #149 on: January 26, 2016, 02:01:02 am »

More fiddling with all sort of combinations but same results:
- If it is in the Correct mode (either 2D or 3D) before playback = All Good
- If madVR needs to switch to 3D mode to play a 3D video = weirdness that can include any of the following (normally one, sometimes two)
   - Bringing up MC Menu can toggle 2D/3D being displayed (sometimes this will then fix it, sometimes it will contine to go between 2D/3D)
   - Bad lip sync (doing a seek will fix it for a bit)
   - Massive dropped frames or presentation glitches (doing a seek will mostly not fix it)
- If madVR needs to switch to 2D mode = blinking Back/Video/Black/etc playback.  Only a Stop/Play fixes this (so it is then in the correct mode).  100% repeatable and you have the log for this.

The only thing I can think of is a way to enable/disable 3D and set the refresh rate prior to commencing playback at all (not just displaying the Video frames).  

edit: or maybe the order things are done in, eg Turn on 3D --> Change to 23hz if needed.  On my setup I'm seeing several TV Syncs / Audio drops that may indicate something is doing more than just Turn on 3D / Change to 23hz.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up