INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Blu-ray and MKV 3D support [Under Development]  (Read 241234 times)

madshi

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MKV 3D support
« Reply #150 on: January 26, 2016, 02:22:53 am »

Just to make sure: Similar issues occur in MPC-HC?

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #151 on: January 26, 2016, 02:39:15 am »

I'd have to install it!
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #152 on: January 26, 2016, 03:09:36 am »

OK Quick Feedback - Got MPC-HC working with 3D just fine.  It works fine without issues but the playback behvour looks different.  I had it configed to play in Full Screen and it looks like it starts out like that but ends up in a Window that I then expand.

So, Tried to do the same in MC with a detached display and that too also seemed to work

Need to test some more.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2016, 03:40:26 am »

OK - I think I've found the Key piece!  It has to do with the MC--> Tools-->Options--> General-->Behaviour--> Jump on play (video) setting.  If it is set to "Display View" / "Display View (even in playing now)" then the weirdness happens. 

If it is set to any other option, you get playback starting in a window that you then manually expand to full screen = no weirdness

Can anyone else confirm?

Thanks
Nathan

PS - I also noticed that there is less screen mode changes happening during commencement and stoping of playback on MPC-HC vs MC

JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2016, 03:47:03 am »

The only big difference I see there is that switching to Display View will playback in fullscreen immediately, while not doing that will of course start in windowed.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

madshi

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2016, 03:49:32 am »

@jmone, sounds like you're on exactly the same page as SamuriHL now. He ended up with exactly the same conclusion that it works well when starting in windowed mode, and manually switching to fullscreen later. For him directly starting in fullscreen worked, too, though, when using FSE mode. Can you confirm?

One big question is whether MC is doing something "weird" when starting in fullscreen mode, or not. To double check, in MPC-HC in "options -> playback -> fullscreen" can you please check "Launch files in fullscreen"? Do you get the same problems then as with MC?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2016, 03:55:28 am »

I had weirdness in FSE , Windowed Overlay (my preferred setting), and both options unchecked.  All my testing till just then was using Display View, and while I'm cross eyed looking at this stuff I'm hoping someone else can confirm... but it looks repeatable. 

Thanks
Nathan

PS - Display View is really the mode to use esp with TheaterView clients.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2016, 03:57:44 am »

To double check, in MPC-HC in "options -> playback -> fullscreen" can you please check "Launch files in fullscreen"? Do you get the same problems then as with MC?

From memory, when I used that setting in MPC-HC it started in Full Screen, then went to a Windowed mode that I then had to manually re-fullscreen....  It was this behaviour that let me to check MC's other Display Settings.  Let me re-check on MPC-HC
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2016, 04:06:36 am »

Nope MPC-HC is only launching in Windowed mode (it was going a blackscreen during the refresh rate change not full screen).  Here are my settings.
JRiver CEO Elect

madshi

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2016, 04:43:56 am »

Not sure why launching in fullscreen doesn't seem to work for you with MPC-HC. For some reason everything always works just fine on my PC. Try unchecking "Exit fullscreen". If that doesn't help, then I don't know what else to test.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2016, 04:46:57 am »

That option also does nothing for me in MPC-HC.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2016, 04:53:37 am »

Didn't change for me either.
JRiver CEO Elect

madshi

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2016, 05:25:42 am »

Ah, I found out what's going on: The option in MPC-HC only shows effect if you start MPC-HC with the video file as parameter (which is what happens when double clicking a video file with MPC-HC configured as the default player). If you start MPC-HC without a video file and then open a video file (or drag&drop it), the "launch in fullscreen" option has no effect.

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
Re:
« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2016, 05:42:50 am »

That explains why that option didn't work for me in mpc hc as well.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2016, 05:59:14 am »

OK - Launched MPC-HC in Full Screen mode (just using a batch file) and got the same Weirdness as with MC, including no 3D till I brought up a menu then it was OK.
JRiver CEO Elect

madshi

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2016, 06:33:16 am »

Ok, thanks. So now we know it's not an MC specific problem.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #166 on: January 26, 2016, 03:33:35 pm »

No Probs - anything more you want tested at this point?
JRiver CEO Elect

madshi

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #167 on: January 26, 2016, 03:49:12 pm »

Don't have time to do serious development in the middle of the week, so no, but thanks.

Hilton

« Reply #168 on: January 26, 2016, 05:15:04 pm »

Hi I'm not sure what version of windows you guys are using but I wasn't able to ever get 3d working with any of the files madshi provided.
Everything I tried I ended up with no picture and about 20secs of sound before MC would lock up. I did manage to capture 1 madvr crash dump and emailed it.

Using windows 8.1 pro 64bit all patched up-to-date and tried 6 different Nvidia drivers on GTX 760 with no luck.
When ever MC crashed 3d would no longer work in the Nvidia 3d test program or in stereoscopic at all. I'd have to reboot to get 3d working again with test program or stereoscopic.

TMT and stereoscopic were working with 3d framepacking after a reboot so it's a MadVR / MC21 problem somewhere.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #169 on: January 26, 2016, 05:44:56 pm »

I tried a few different install combos, the easiest of which is:
1) LAV: Get latest nightly from here
  - Install it (as it is an exe) and it should also download the required 3D dll
  - Delete the contents of the "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Plugins\lav"
  - Copy the contents of the installed nightly LAV Files (...LAV Filters\x86) into "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Plugins\lav"

As of Media Center 21.0.58, a recent enough LAV is included in MC.

2) madVR: Download on of the madVR builds
  - Delete the contents of the "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Plugins\madvr"
  - Extract the contents of the madVR build to "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Plugins\madvr"

3) Config:
  - Use the nvidia 3D config option in their control to setup 3D for your glasses/TV etc
  - Use the madVR UI to select the config you want as usual (but look at the 3D Settings), you may want to use "restore default settings.bat" to get a std baseline but note: Fullscreen Exclusive is checked by default (I then turn this off)
  - No config required for LAV
  - In MC just run as RO HQ

4) GPU Drivers, make sure you are running the latest (and if you have a weak GPU you may have issues)
  - nvidia : http://www.guru3d.com/files-categories/videocards-nvidia-geforce-vista-%7C-7.html
  - ATI/AMD : http://www.guru3d.com/files-categories/videocards-ati-catalyst-vista-win-7.html
  - Intel : ?

You can tell if it is working by looking at the madVR OSD and:
1)NV12, 8bit, 4:2:0 (3D) = LAV is decoding 3D
2) D3D11 (3D) = MadVR is outputting frame packed 3D

Note: if a crash shows a madVR crash report box, then click on "show bug report", press Ctrl+C, then you have the bug report in your clipboard. Upload it somewhere and post a link here for madshi to look at.

==============================================
To revert to the JRiver builds of LAV and madVR, just delete the folders:
  - "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Plugins\lav"
  - "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Plugins\madvr"
JRiver CEO Elect

Hilton

« Reply #170 on: January 26, 2016, 05:54:24 pm »

I tried a few different install combos, the easiest of which is:
1) LAV: Get latest nightly from here
  - Install it (as it is an exe) and it should also download the required 3D dll
  - Delete the contents of the "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Plugins\lav"
  - Copy the contents of the installed nightly LAV Files into "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Plugins\lav"
2) madVR: Download on of the madVR builds
  - Delete the contents of the "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Plugins\madvr"
  - Extract the contents of the madVR build to "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Plugins\madvr"
3) Config:
  - Use the nvidia 3D config option in their control to setup 3D for your glasses/TV etc
  - Use the madVR UI to select the config you want as usual (but look at the 3D Settings), you may want to use "restore default settings.bat" to get a std baseline but note: Fullscreen Exclusive is checked by default (I then turn this off)
  - No config required for LAV (unless the 3D Dll still needs to be copied to system32 / syswow folder but I think that is fixed)
  - In MC just run as RO HQ

To revert to the JRiver builds of LAV and madVR, just delete the folders:
  - "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Plugins\lav"
  - "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Plugins\madvr"

Thanks mate helpful as usual! You're a good Python (Bloke). :)

I think this may have been my issue> No config required for LAV (unless the 3D Dll still needs to be copied to system32 / syswow folder but I think that is fixed)

Ill try again tonight!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #171 on: January 27, 2016, 01:08:53 am »

jmone,
Thanks for your instructions.   I added them as a link in the first post.

Jim

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: MKV 3D support [Under Development]
« Reply #172 on: January 27, 2016, 01:29:51 am »

Good Idea - added my own note as well for those that want to test and provide feedback to madshi (madVR) and Hendrik (LAV Filters / MC).  Thanks to these guys it is looking like a great feature enhancement to BD!
JRiver CEO Elect

Hilton

« Reply #173 on: January 27, 2016, 01:54:11 am »

Nathan do you know the name of the Lav 3D dll that should be in the system32 and syswow64 folders? (PS there's no recent DLL in my folders other than Nvidia DLLs)

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #174 on: January 27, 2016, 02:38:37 am »

It is libmfxsw32.dll/libmfxsw64.dll - but I understand this was fixed by Hendrick on the 12th Jan (prior to the fix being fixed, it had to be copied to C:\Windows and/or system32 and syswow64 folders).  Anyway, you can tell if it is working by looking at the madVR OSD and:
1)NV12, 8bit, 4:2:0 (3D) = LAV is decoding 3D
2) D3D11 (3D) = MadVR is outputting frame packed 3D

If it is crashing then chances are LAV is not finding the libmfxsw32.dll/libmfxsw64.dll

Note: I'm presuming that you only need libmfxsw32.dll given MC is 32 Bit.
JRiver CEO Elect

Hilton

MKV 3D support [Under Development]
« Reply #175 on: January 27, 2016, 02:54:15 am »

Thanks worked it out but it didn't fix the crash problem. Madvr OSD says LAV 3D and Madvr 3D so the dll is working. ;as per your points above.

According to Madvr OSD Nothing is getting through the buffer though, it crashes with a single frame in all the buffers.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #176 on: January 27, 2016, 02:59:28 am »

Couple of things:
- What GPU are you using (and if nvidia, did you run the setup prog in the nvidia control panel)?
- have you enabled 3D in Windows Display settings (under Advvanced display settings in Windows 10)?
- have you reset the madVR settings?
JRiver CEO Elect

madshi

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #177 on: January 27, 2016, 03:16:23 am »

And is it a madVR crash report box? If so, click on "show bug report", then press Ctrl+C, then you have the bug report in your clipboard. Upload it somewhere.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #178 on: January 27, 2016, 03:21:45 am »

And is it a madVR crash report box? If so, click on "show bug report", then press Ctrl+C, then you have the bug report in your clipboard. Upload it somewhere.

Thanks - added this to my instructions (pls let me know of any errors/changes)
JRiver CEO Elect

madshi

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #179 on: January 27, 2016, 03:54:58 am »

Two things:

1) I thought with the latest nightlies, libmfxsw32.dll/libmfxsw64.dll would not have to be copied manually to system32/syswow64, anymore? Not 100% sure, though. Hendrik?

2) The NVidia GPU driver likes to crash when playing stuff in *2D* while the OS (or NVidia) control panel has 3D enabled, and when using D3D11 presentation. Possible solutions: (a) Tell madVR to enable/disable OS 3D support depending on whether content is 3D or 2D. (b) Use D3D9 presentation, which usually doesn't crash the NVidia GPU driver even if OS 3D support is enabled.

Of course the crashes are NVidia driver bugs. Might also make sense to try to report this to NVidia somehow to get it fixed.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #180 on: January 27, 2016, 04:18:10 am »

1) I thought with the latest nightlies, libmfxsw32.dll/libmfxsw64.dll would not have to be copied manually to system32/syswow64, anymore? Not 100% sure, though. Hendrik?

Ever tried getting users to stop doing their silly workarounds and testing if it works without? Good luck with that. :p
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #181 on: January 27, 2016, 05:16:06 am »

Ever tried getting users to stop doing their silly workarounds and testing if it works without? Good luck with that. :p

While it is working for me (minus the bugs), I'm trying to be helpful with basic instructions for others to test so you don't only have a couple of data points.  Feel free to edit my instructions directly, else "good luck with that" as my magic 8-Ball just died. 
JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #182 on: January 27, 2016, 05:34:30 am »

Yet it would be helpful to know if it actually works now without copying the Intel DLLs around, or if further fixes are needed. If everyone just copies them around without testing, we will never know, will we.
So if you previously had to copy the DLLs into the system32 directory, install the latest nightly, and try deleting libmfxsw32.dll/libmfxsw64.dll from the Windows system directory again to see if its actually fixed.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

apgood

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #183 on: January 27, 2016, 06:14:00 am »

FYI - I haven't copied any dll's to system32 and it works fine for me.  

All I've been doing is running the LAV installer exe and then copying the contents of the x86 folder found in LAV programs folder into the jriver plugins folder for LAV and that seems to work.

Probably not exactly the feedback you wanted since I'm still copying stuff, but it at least establishes that they don't need to be in system32.

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re:
« Reply #184 on: January 27, 2016, 06:28:56 am »

FYI - I haven't copied any dll's to system32 and it works fine for me.  

All I've been doing is running the LAV installer exe and then copying the contents of the x86 folder found in LAV programs folder into the jriver plugins folder for LAV and that seems to work.

Probably not exactly the feedback you wanted since I'm still copying stuff, but it at least establishes that they don't need to be in system32.

Copying to the MC plugins folder is fine, just copying to the system folder would be important, thanks!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

madshi

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #185 on: January 27, 2016, 07:18:28 am »

FWIW, I had already tested yesterday, and decoding still worked fine, even after deleting the dlls from the system folders. But experience tells me that things tend to work just fine on my PC a lot of times, while other users might still have problems, so it'd be useful to have test results from multiple users.

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #186 on: January 27, 2016, 07:55:58 am »

I've not had to copy the dll around anymore.  Just to the plugins/lav folder and that's it.  For me it's working well enough now to start using.  Basically I bring up MC21, start the movie, pause it, bring it out of full screen and then back, unpause, and it's golden.  If that problem eventually gets solved (given that it happens in MPC-HC, as well, and does not seem to be an MC related issue) then it'll be a perfect solution for me.  I'm very happy so far.  Anything that improves upon it will be that much more icing on an already delicious cake as far as I'm concerned.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #187 on: January 27, 2016, 08:05:13 am »

Sounds good, thanks, seems like the folder issue had been solved afterall.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #188 on: January 27, 2016, 08:30:51 am »

I am not there yet (current lack of time, so still running Stereoscopic Player on an older AMD7700), but I am watching with lots of interest these developments.

I would like to express special thanks to madshi, Hendrik/nevcairiel, the beta team and regular dedicated users for their efforts in pushing back "Space, the final frontier"  :)

bhampster

• World Citizen
« Reply #189 on: January 27, 2016, 10:38:04 am »

I would like to express special thanks to madshi, Hendrik/nevcairiel, the beta team and regular dedicated users for their efforts in pushing back "Space, the final frontier"  :)

Me too. All my gear can do 3D and I have many 3D movies... Some people don't like them which is fine but I enjoy them and I think the development of this is worth a bit of work. I'm overjoyed it's happening.

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #190 on: January 27, 2016, 10:47:42 am »

I know 3D isn't all that popular with mainstream people, but, I specifically bought my current setup in order to facilitate 3D viewing. I have a fair number of 3D titles myself and the fact that I can rip them to MKV now and add them as part of my MC library is fantastic.  Add to that the incredible capabilities of madvr to improve PQ and I'm also very excited at these developments.  The next step, once they feel it's ready, is going to be to open this up for blu-ray playback itself.  There WILL be some limitations that Hendrick has already discussed around that functionality and no one yet knows when it'll be added, but, that's another milestone that'll be exciting, as well.  Very fun times in the video playback arena!

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #191 on: January 27, 2016, 11:06:52 am »

Me too. Im a happy bunny. 3D with Madvr on my Oled looks fantastic. If that small issue with full screen can be ironed out even better.

Thanks to all the developers it is appreciated by all us 3D JRiver users  ;D

CountryBumkin

« Reply #192 on: January 27, 2016, 11:12:29 am »

3D with Madvr on my Oled looks fantastic.

Ouch Davey, is that OLED still going to work when you move to US? You may have to leave it behind. :(

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #193 on: January 27, 2016, 11:16:03 am »

the tuners wont but the tv should

just deciding now if i should sell in the uk or take it with us. The company im moving to will pay to ship everything to the US.................... decisions decisions.

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #194 on: January 27, 2016, 11:56:25 am »

the tuners wont but the tv should

Keep the TV.  Too much lo$$, and you will have an excuse to purchase HDHomeruns and use JR for OTA  ;D

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #195 on: January 27, 2016, 02:05:20 pm »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

Something freaky has happened for me.  And I'm not sure if it has to do with the settings I've been screwing with or not, so, take all this with a "we have no idea what caused this" grain of salt.

Used to be that I'd start up MC21, start a movie in full screen, and need to take it out of full screen and back to get 3D, right?  Ok.  NOW, the behavior is, I open MC21, start a movie in full screen, and get 3D until I bring up the MC UI where it goes back to 2D until the MC UI hides again at which point it goes back to 3D.  This is with the following settings in general:

delay playback start until render queue full
delay playback start after seeking, too

use D3D11 for presentation
use a separate device for presentation
use a separate device for DXVA processing

No windowed overlay, no FSE, no present a frame for every vsync.....the 3D settings still have everything checked.  I'm very very confused.  Also, everyone on Win 10 should note that there is a massive update pushed today.  I've no idea if that has anything to do with it.  I'm honestly not sure.  This I can live with for sure though.  Let's not break this behavior unless we fix it to keep 3D when the MC UI comes up.  LMAO!

EDIT:

Oh, wow, it gets better and better.  LOL.  So taking it out of full screen, pausing, playing, and then bringing it back to full screen then allows it to stay in 3D whether the UI is up or not.  This is wild.  I've NO IDEA if the settings I've messed with caused this or not.  Will keep digging.  Maybe this will give you a place to focus, madshi.

Changing it back to the settings I had before did not change anything.  I'm wondering now if the windows update changed something.  In any case, this works for me.  LOL

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #196 on: January 27, 2016, 02:54:48 pm »

Keep the TV.  Too much lo$$, and you will have an excuse to purchase HDHomeruns and use JR for OTA  ;D

I think the tv is going on a trip  ;D

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #197 on: January 27, 2016, 03:02:15 pm »

... the behavior is, I open MC21, start a movie in full screen, and get 3D until I bring up the MC UI where it goes back to 2D until the MC UI hides again at which point it goes back to 3D.  

Yup that is the most common variation of weirdness I get on my setup
JRiver CEO Elect

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #198 on: January 27, 2016, 03:03:46 pm »

Yup that is the most common variation of weirdness I get on my setup

I know.  But for me it had been the opposite.  No 3D UNTIL the MC UI was brought up, then it'd go back to 2D.  Now it's changed where I get 3D until the UI is brought up.  Strange but I'll take it.  This is definitely workable.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #199 on: January 27, 2016, 03:18:12 pm »

I'm wondering now if the windows update changed something.

Maybe, just had a look at the cumulative update includes a D3D11.DLL dated 22-NOV-15 (Version 10.0.10586.17)
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up