INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: slow start of MC21 after a fresh (re)start of PC  (Read 4198 times)

feahof

• Recent member
slow start of MC21 after a fresh (re)start of PC
« on: February 09, 2016, 06:35:40 am »

After having (re)started my PC MC21 start takes 5-10 minutes. Restarting MC21 without restart of my PC takes 1 second .

PC: 64bits Windows 10; I7-5820 processor; SSD Samsung 850 EVO;  16 GB internal memory.

Any Solution ??

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: slow start of MC21 after a fresh (re)start of PC
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 08:02:38 am »

5 to 10 minutes?!  :o  Thats not JRiver ... malware, maybe. And you are running a purely local library, no NAS no external drives to an i7?! You would have the same problem restarting the program after Windows was already booted otherwise. If you were on a network, I could think of things that might cause a delay (10 minutes though? never heard of that mong of a wait to start anything, thats more of a "hang" of some kind)

If you don't have any garbage on your PC, I'd look at your AV and if necessary exclude any boot scans that might be happenning from all JRiver processes ... there are 5 I think.  You aren't subscribing to lots of podcasts are you, btw?

feahof

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 08:59:49 am »

Thanks for your response.  No Malware detected.  No other programs running in startup except Internet Security. All other programs running fine. Only one local library active.
I already reinstalled MC21; Switched off Internet Security etc.  No result

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 09:09:25 am »

Something on your machine is probably preventing MC from starting correctly.

Arindelle

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 09:26:32 am »

Something on your machine is probably preventing MC from starting correctly.
YES. But only during boot. Not when loading JRiver after Windows is up and running.

You say there are no programs, ok but there are processes and services loading at boot. Turning off the AV might not be enough its probably still doing a bootscan. make sure you have the latest version on the board of JRiver 21.0.45.

You could cheat and delay the autoloading of JRiver by say 30 seconds. Won't really solve the issue, but as there is no conflict after the boot is complete, should be a work around.

You could make a backup of your library and do a clean reinstall, then restore the library file. Could be your registry got corrupted, but I sort of doubt it has anything to do with JRiver.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 01:02:13 pm »

Try turning off the "Auto import in background" and "Analyze audio" (Tools>Options>Library & Folders>Auto-Import).
Maybe there is a file that is causing MC to hang when it tries to import or analyze it.

Also check under "Services & Plugins>Reporter" and see if anything is still being processed. Is Thumbnails built and Audio Analyzed at 100%?

Lastly try watching the startup process with Windows Resource Monitor open. What is CPU, Disk, Memory activity level while MC is loading?

Arindelle

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 01:07:54 pm »

Try turning off the "Auto import in background" and "Analyze audio" (Tools>Options>Library & Folders>Auto-Import).
Maybe there is a file that is causing MC to hang when it tries to import or analyze it.
YES +1. Forgot about that CountryB, well done. Analyze Audio could make it hang like that, auto import too if connected to newtork drives, but his is not the case so maybe less of an issue. Still its weird that it takes so long on boot but not on starting JRiver after windows is running. But Windows is inexplicable at times! Still yeah, I'd definitely take a look at the autoimport options checked.

feahof

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 04:02:48 am »

Switching off the auto import in the background seems to work!   Thanks to you all  for your suggestions and help
Pages: [1]   Go Up