INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9.1.219 burning problem  (Read 2149 times)

7_cats

• Recent member
  • this is the modern world that i've heard about...
9.1.219 burning problem
« on: July 22, 2003, 08:13:03 pm »

i'm trying to copy one of my cd's--i select every track, and the cd burning progress window comes up--blank--and the program hangs

can anyone please help??  i cannot even burn in windows xp--i get errors

thanks
some smooth chords, on the car radio....

nila

Re: 2.1.219 burning problem
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2003, 02:03:50 am »

i cannot even burn in windows xp--i get errors

Wow!
U mean u use XP's burning engine? I take my hat off to you, you do like to live on the edge :)

Could u give more info?

Your saying you are trying to copy a CD, is it copying the music to your hard drive first successfully?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2003, 05:44:44 am »

Wow!
U mean u use XP's burning engine? I take my hat off to you, you do like to live on the edge :)

I use XP's burning engine all the time for simple data cd's. I've had zero problems with it. It's simple and works great.

But yeah... a little more info would be helpful. Like your system specs... how your CD-RW is cabled up... oh, and... what are the error messages you're getting? What kind of CD are you trying to burn? Does it happen if you try with a completely different set of files? When was the last time you were able to successfully burn a cd and what's changed (any tiny little thing) on your system since then?

nila

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2003, 05:59:58 am »

hmm, I heard all kinds of reports of it locking up systems, dodgy writes and stuff - I tried it twice - first time it started trying to make a disk image of my files before it would burn them and was just taking too long, other time it locked me up - after that I jumped back to Nero with open arms :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: 9.1.219 burning problem
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2003, 07:58:23 am »

i'm trying to copy one of my cd's--i select every track, and the cd burning progress window comes up--blank--and the program hangs

can anyone please help??  i cannot even burn in windows xp--i get errors

thanks

MC doesn't copy a CD.  Rip it first.  Then burn a new CD from the tracks you ripped.  Best to rip to wav or ape so you don't lose any sound quality.

7_cats

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2003, 07:08:06 pm »

ok-all i'm trying to do is copy an audio cd...what is the best way? do i rip it? to what format so a friend ( ahem) could play a  cd in a car or whatnot--i don't want to make an mp3...

in other words: how can i simply copy an audio cd in mc9

thanks!!!

7_cats

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2003, 07:22:48 pm »

more info: xp home, liteon 52x player.  i place the cd i wanna copy into my dvd drive (ie, i have 2 cd drives--the liteon writer and a dvd player), and hilite all the songs.  i then hit the "burn cd" button.  i get a window asking if i want to make an audio or data cd--i say audio.

then, a bunch of stuff at the bottom of the screen pops up, including a progress bar and a start button.  if i hit start....nuttin' happens...a blank progress window pops up, and i get the hourglass.  a ctrl/alt/del says that the program is not responding...it just seems to hang there

per instructions, i disabled in "my compute" the lite on's ability to burn cds, b/c mc9 said it could interfere.

so--how the heck do i copy an audio cd??

digital:rogue

• Recent member
  • insert generic tagline here.
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2003, 09:19:53 pm »

so--how the heck do i copy an audio cd??

See Jim's post 2 boxes up (well, 3 now) ;)

You can't do straight CD copies in MC...you either need to rip it to WAV or APE first (lossless codec to preserve quality) then copy to CD, or you you need to use a program designed for CD copies (e.g. Nero, EZ Coaster Creator, etc. al.)

Hope it helps  :)
.-=digital.rogue=-.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

zevele10

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2003, 12:03:07 pm »

So ,here we are.. we found a new raison to complaint:

" I'am really amaze that such a program CANNOT copy a cd on the fly"
This is an HUDGE failure for a program at such a price !!

I WANT A REFUND

PS: maybe a good feature to put in one of the next MC
Pages: [1]   Go Up