INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What does this Symbol appearing in one of my Library Fields mean?  (Read 3274 times)

Theleb_Kaarna

• Recent member

I added a new field "Label" and now a symbol appears there on every line (looks like a "play" button, see screenshot). Doesn't seem to do anything except display file info when hovering over it. I can get it to go away temporarily by deleting and re-adding the field and manually typing in each artist's own label, but whenever I import any new files (ripped to my library via dBpoweramp), the symbol reappears on all the lines in the "Label" field all over again. What is it and how can I make it go away permanently if I don't want it?
Phanteks Enthoo Elite | ASUS Maximus IX Formula ROG | i7 7700K [Delidded] @5.1GHz | Cryorig R1 Universal
G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB @3600MHz | MSI 1080ti Lightning Z | Plextor M8Pe(Y) 512GB | Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB (x2) | Western Digital "Black" 4TB | Corsair AX1200i [1200 Watt] | Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies | Sennheiser HD 650 | iFi Micro iUSB 3.0 | DH Labs Silver Sonic | C3 Audio Audiophile

Bert

• Recent member
Re: What does this Symbol appearing in one of my Library Fields mean?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 08:34:42 am »

Yes, I have the same question!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 08:38:52 am »

Click on it.

Theleb_Kaarna

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 05:27:34 pm »

Clicking on the symbol does nothing (at least for me). Yesterday I thought maybe it was a 'play' button for the song and clicked on it then, but nothing. Tried again today after work and still nothing. So I'll ask, what's the button supposed to do?
Phanteks Enthoo Elite | ASUS Maximus IX Formula ROG | i7 7700K [Delidded] @5.1GHz | Cryorig R1 Universal
G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB @3600MHz | MSI 1080ti Lightning Z | Plextor M8Pe(Y) 512GB | Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB (x2) | Western Digital "Black" 4TB | Corsair AX1200i [1200 Watt] | Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies | Sennheiser HD 650 | iFi Micro iUSB 3.0 | DH Labs Silver Sonic | C3 Audio Audiophile

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 05:45:15 pm »

That button is what's called a Linkable Field.  Pretend for a moment that you see that button in a listing in Playing Now, but it's on the Artist field.  When you click it, it will take you to all songs by that Artist, shown in the last view you used.  This works similarly for any field:  Album, song name, etc.

You can globally turn linkable columns on and off in Tools > Options > General > Features > Linkable columns.

You can enable or disable the display of linkable columns in the field definition for each individual field.  Just check or unckeck the box next to "show a link checkbox".

Brian.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 05:49:26 pm »

It's a Link. You can disable it in Library Manager if you don't want it or use it.

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 05:57:03 pm »

I love this trick...takes you to all albums by that artist if you have selected to add this symbol to the library column. Don't see that much use of it with 'Album' though.

Theleb_Kaarna

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 06:29:02 pm »

Thanks guys! Awesome! :)

Spike1000

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 04:28:24 am »

Such a neat feature. I've always felt MC should have such a thing, and blow me it does! But yet another MC feature that's hidden so far off the radar that the vast majority of users will never find it  :(

I'll reiterate my disappointment in the lack of getting started and walkthrough videos for MC to highlight its features and benefits and what is possible! It's amazing what MC can do, but it's really difficult to find out what and how. I read this forum most days and after 2 years of using MC I'm still finding out about features I wish I'd known were available ages ago.

Spike

Theleb_Kaarna

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 06:32:14 am »

^^ Hear Hear! ^^
Pages: [1]   Go Up