INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Subtitles overlapping  (Read 2593 times)

edwarduk

• Recent member
Subtitles overlapping
« on: January 25, 2017, 10:17:21 am »

On one MC client the subtitles for all videos are overlapping.  The 'old' subtitle is staying on screen until a near 'new' subtitle comes along - and so on.

Appreciate any clues as to how to stop this behaviour please.

Specifically I have a number of clients all getting videos etc from one MC Server.  Only one client has this behaviour.

I looked at all settings related to subtitles and they are same across the different clients (so far as I can see).  I did a full uninstall of MC (including library database etc) from the bad client, however the behaviour persists.

The timing marks in the SRT files do not overlap (example pasted below) and anyway this behaviour only on one client.

Running version 22.0.59.

Here is an extract from a SRT file:

Code: [Select]
00:09:54,640 --> 00:09:56,232
recklessness

00:09:58,360 --> 00:10:00,590
...the madrecklessness...

thanks
Edward

edwarduk

• Recent member
Re: Subtitles overlapping
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 11:58:36 am »

It would seem that my issue is unique as my post is rapidly scrolling to page 2.   :D

One thing that occurs to me is that the un-install did not clear out all settings.  For example when I re-installed my licence was still there.

How do I do a full/total/complete uninstall of JRiver MC?

Maybe that will cure the overlapping issue I'm seeing.

thanks
Edward

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 02:46:25 pm »

I don't know what the cause of the problem is, but uninstalling MC shouldn't have any affect on it.

edwarduk

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 03:07:57 pm »

Thanks Jim for the feedback, appreciated.  So I won't try any further uninstalls then.

I'd most appreciate any guidance as to how I can go about determining the cause of this issue?

When viewing the self same videos using a different program (e.g. VLC) the subtitles do not overlap.  Also instances of MC on other machines do not have the issue.

So I'm struggling to see what my next steps are.

cheers
Edward

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 03:09:57 pm »

Did you go to "Tools>Options>Video>Subtitles & Language" and try changing the size and/or font type to see if that made it better?
Also does this client use the madVR render (RO+HQ setting)? If yes, maybe run through those settings too.

edwarduk

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 03:32:53 pm »

Bingo ....

On the troublesome client I had never enabled madvr.  I just did (using default settings) and the subtitles no longer overlap.

However on other clients where I do not have the overlap problem only Red October Standard is enabled (I never enabled HQ Red Oct madvr on those other clients). Switching back to Standard Red Oct on the troublesome machine the overlaps reoccurs.

So all very counter intuitive.  ?

BTW, I had already tried different size and font settings.

Thanks
Edward
Pages: [1]   Go Up