INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 22.0.79 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 3422 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 22.0.79 for Windows -- Available here
« on: March 09, 2017, 09:12:38 am »

This is the latest version of MC22.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v22/latest/MediaCenter220079.exe

22.0.79 (3/8/2017)

1. Changed: Made importing an animated GIF file automatically play in the video engine.
2. NEW: Added the expression function UnMoveArticles(...) to move the articles back to the beginning of a string from the end.
3. Fixed: Removed zones could get readded (instead of recycled) and cause a memory leak.

22.0.78 (3/6/2017)

1. Changed: When cancelling the Customize View dialog, if no changes have been made, it will be instant (instead of reapplying the same settings).
2. Changed: Made the fill track numbers system show a dialog to ask for the start and increment.
3. NEW: Added the expression function MoveArticles(...) to take a string and move the leading article to the end.
4. Fixed: Switching the media type of a GIF to video wouldn't start it playing in the video engine.

22.0.77 (3/1/2017)

1. Fixed: CAF audio files containing non-PCM audio would fail to play if playback type was set to Automatic.
2. Changed: A small rearrangement in coding in an attempt to fix the problem of "Season" being wrong when loading EPG data from xmltv files.
3. Fixed: Television recording in transport stream format could be in very poor quality for some TV tuners since build 22.0.32.
4. Fixed: OpenSubtitles feature would not set the current subtitle for a video to the one selected if it was a "MicroDVD" format.
5. Changed: Expanded OpenSubtitles feature to support TV episodes with the season/episode format (e.g. "Series Name S01E04").
6. Changed: OpenSubtitles feature now downloads multiple subtitle file sets for multi-disc movies.  Downloaded files have the CD number at the end of the filename, e.g. "_CD1", "_CD2", etc.
7. NEW: Frame-by-frame forward stepping in video and television playback. SHIFT+Right Arrow.

22.0.76 (2/22/2017)

1. Fixed: The order of television subscription recording rule's channel list was not preserved when the rule was edited.
2. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
3. Changed: The string <XMLFN... is no longer shown in the new tag window below images.
4. Changed: Increased the maximum subtitle shift allowed in the right-click menu to 5 seconds from 1 second (remember that the OSD choice to adjust the shift allows infinite adjustments).
5. NEW: Added support for PSD files that are RGB with 4 channels for the color.
6. Changed: Updated the Chromium Web Engine to the latest version.
7. Changed: Made zooming in or out of an image stop the slideshow.
8. Fixed: Facebook upload photos wasn't working because older API wasn't supported anymore.  MC now supports API v2.8.

22.0.75 (2/16/2017)

1. Fixed: Pressing the OK button to accept something didn't always work when running translated (made DSP presets unsaveable, etc.).
2. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.69 (various fixes and improved support for HDR video files).
3. NEW: Support for {\anX} alignment tags in SRT subtitles.

22.0.74 (2/14/2017)

1. NEW: "Get TV & Movie Info" tool allows downloading subtitles from the OpenSubtitles.org API based off the IMDB Id.

22.0.73 (2/13/2017)

1. NEW: Program-keywords-search based TV subscription recording rules will sort recordings according to channel ordering for rules that specify multiple channels, or "All channels" with additional "preferred channels" selected.
2. Changed: When multiple TV channels match a particular TV subscription rule for recording at the same time, only the first will be recorded at recording start time.
3. Change: Minor tweaks in Theater View TV guide grid color customization.
4. Fixed: Right-click context menu on video/TV playback window would not work in full screen mode after showing the control window on top.
5. Fixed: ATSC over-the-air EPG scan could crash on program entries that do not have a title.
6. Fixed: Handheld Sync converts files of the same file type if DSP is enabled (still uses the conversion cache, needs to be cleared when changing DSP settings).
7. Changed: Clicking toolbar buttons that close the image editor is no longer allowed when a tool is open -- instead a message is shown.

22.0.72 (2/8/2017)

1. Fixed: WAV plugin did not get audio duration correctly for some WAV files (with mp2 audio content).
2. Fixed: Spelling of the standard genre #68 was wrong.  It was 'Psychadelic' and now it's 'Psychedelic'.  This affects import and tag updating of mp3 and m4a files.
3. NEW: Theater View TV guide grid colors can be customized.
4. Changed: Playing Car Radio buttons that are nested Smartlists will reevaluate the files in the smartlist at click time instead of using cached files.
5. NEW: Added the choice "Reset Button" when right-clicking a Car Radio button to remove the preset.
6. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).

22.0.71 (2/2/2017)

1. Changed: MC will try correcting a certain type of malformed WAVE files when writing tags to ID3 chunk, so that tag writing will be successful.
2. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
3. NEW: Tagging support for non-PCM audio in WAVE files.  This includes DTS and MPEG audio in WAVE.
4. Fixed: Clicking on a link icon for an album or artist with accents didn't always work.

22.0.70 (1/31/2017)

1. Fixed: More accents trouble.

22.0.69 (1/30/2017)

1. NEW: During import of an ISO file from a SACD, the Foobar sidecar file is read for the track names (we can pull other data if you request it).
2. Changed: When customizing the new Tag Action Window, it won't let you add items outside a group (since a group is necessary).
3. Fixed: Pane views that used accents with expression fields weren't working properly.
4. Fixed: The size of emailing images is remembered between sends.

22.0.68 (1/30/2017)

1. Changed: Over-the-air EPG scanning (ATSC and DVB) no longer saves "Event ID" into Program ID field.  Instead, Episode ID, if available, is saved in the field.
2. Changed: The tag action window could be slow to open when it was showing playlists.  Now it's much faster.
3. Changed: The new tag window has "Image" as one of the add choices during customization to nicely add the image field and type the right expression for you.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Spike1000

Re: Media Center 22.0.79 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 10:04:59 am »

The MoveArticles and UnMoveArticles seem to work a treat. Great work!

(They don't work on 'Artists' with multiple fields, but I didn't expect them to (it treats the multiple entries as one string, but that's not a big issue at all))

Spike

narbi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 04:26:45 pm »

MC crashes on any video playback if video smoothing is checked (it was there on .77 already)

Desja55

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 06:33:45 pm »

Converting a 24 bit file into 16 bit
Tools -> Advanced Tools -> Convert Format -> Apply DSP -> Bitdepth : 16-bit
The following Tags are not transfered in the new file:
"Total Discs", "Total Tracks"

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 06:38:37 pm »

MC crashes on any video playback if video smoothing is checked (it was there on .77 already)
Where are you setting video smoothing?  madVR?

narbi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 06:45:32 pm »

No videoclock in video options
Well thinking about it, using the soundcard in asio mode, it "may" be normal...

MusicHawk

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 08:03:47 pm »

Using New Tag window, still getting field/focus chaos, where it scrolls oddly, the tag values list jumps around, literally moves elsewhere in the window, gets stuck on a field and won't end it, shows one record but edits another, etc.

Hard to say how to recreate, but a variety of weird stuff happens most of the time in my libraries on two PCs (one for music, the other for images).

A big one is, I have some fields such as Keywords with long lists of values, scrolling that is very clumsy and error-prone because of how the window moves. To experience this, edit a multi-value field that already has many, many values so lots of list scrolling is involved. Try to get to lower-on-list values, try to get to Add field. It's possible but usually with unexpected behavior.

Another oddity is, sometimes I'm editing in Tag Window and then notice that focus has moved to the view and I'm actually changing a field -- usually a different field -- than what I think is selected in Tag Window (because it changes color to indicate focus, as does the "other" field in the view). I'm a fast typist to wonder if I'm pressing something that does this (maybe F2 since my workaround is to do some types of edits in the view, to avoid the list scrolling problem). But still, it's odd two have two fields get edit focus at the same time.

It is so much nicer to work with just my necessary fields in my preferred order that I'm slogging through the difficulties. I know the New Tag window is beta, hoping this feedback helps get it polished up.

Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.
Pages: [1]   Go Up