INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 22.0.81 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 6316 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 22.0.81 for Windows -- Available here
« on: March 14, 2017, 06:42:04 am »

This is the latest version of MC22.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v22/latest/MediaCenter220081.exe

22.0.81 (3/13/2017)

1. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.25.
2. Fixed: In rare cases during large media imports, there could be a fatal error where a large number of dead-locked background threads get created that would prevent further thread creation.
3. NEW: Added a Mid-side decoder to Parametric Equalizer.
4. Changed: Made the new tag window save the expanded / collapsed state of groups between runs.
5. Fixed: New tag window fields could stay open for editing while choosing different files from the list.
6. Fixed: With large databases, a background audio analysis could appear to freeze Media Center.

22.0.80 (3/10/2017)

1. Changed: Made the resolution of the room correction speaker distances smaller (0.1 ft or 0.01 meters).
2. Changed: Made the up and down arrows reverse so that up increases volume or any other slider and down decreases.
3. Changed: Made calling /RestoreLibrary, /RestoreLibraryAndSettings, etc. not show a success message box.
4. Changed: Seeking in live TV and jtv recordings is more precise.
5. Changed: When video playing (including live TV) is in frame-stepping mode, LEFT arrow causes video to jump back 1 second, regardless what value it is set in video settings.
6. NEW: CTRL+SHIFT+ARROW (left or right) in video playing jumps to the next/previous key frame.  Works only with certain types of video (such as AVi, mp4, mkv).  Does not work with live TV or TV recordings.
7. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.24.

22.0.79 (3/8/2017)

1. Changed: Made importing an animated GIF file automatically play in the video engine.
2. NEW: Added the expression function UnMoveArticles(...) to move the articles back to the beginning of a string from the end.
3. Fixed: Removed zones could get readded (instead of recycled) and cause a memory leak.

22.0.78 (3/6/2017)

1. Changed: When cancelling the Customize View dialog, if no changes have been made, it will be instant (instead of reapplying the same settings).
2. Changed: Made the fill track numbers system show a dialog to ask for the start and increment.
3. NEW: Added the expression function MoveArticles(...) to take a string and move the leading article to the end.
4. Fixed: Switching the media type of a GIF to video wouldn't start it playing in the video engine.

22.0.77 (3/1/2017)

1. Fixed: CAF audio files containing non-PCM audio would fail to play if playback type was set to Automatic.
2. Changed: A small rearrangement in coding in an attempt to fix the problem of "Season" being wrong when loading EPG data from xmltv files.
3. Fixed: Television recording in transport stream format could be in very poor quality for some TV tuners since build 22.0.32.
4. Fixed: OpenSubtitles feature would not set the current subtitle for a video to the one selected if it was a "MicroDVD" format.
5. Changed: Expanded OpenSubtitles feature to support TV episodes with the season/episode format (e.g. "Series Name S01E04").
6. Changed: OpenSubtitles feature now downloads multiple subtitle file sets for multi-disc movies.  Downloaded files have the CD number at the end of the filename, e.g. "_CD1", "_CD2", etc.
7. NEW: Frame-by-frame forward stepping in video and television playback. SHIFT+Right Arrow.

22.0.76 (2/22/2017)

1. Fixed: The order of television subscription recording rule's channel list was not preserved when the rule was edited.
2. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
3. Changed: The string <XMLFN... is no longer shown in the new tag window below images.
4. Changed: Increased the maximum subtitle shift allowed in the right-click menu to 5 seconds from 1 second (remember that the OSD choice to adjust the shift allows infinite adjustments).
5. NEW: Added support for PSD files that are RGB with 4 channels for the color.
6. Changed: Updated the Chromium Web Engine to the latest version.
7. Changed: Made zooming in or out of an image stop the slideshow.
8. Fixed: Facebook upload photos wasn't working because older API wasn't supported anymore.  MC now supports API v2.8.

22.0.75 (2/16/2017)

1. Fixed: Pressing the OK button to accept something didn't always work when running translated (made DSP presets unsaveable, etc.).
2. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.69 (various fixes and improved support for HDR video files).
3. NEW: Support for {\anX} alignment tags in SRT subtitles.

22.0.74 (2/14/2017)

1. NEW: "Get TV & Movie Info" tool allows downloading subtitles from the OpenSubtitles.org API based off the IMDB Id.

22.0.73 (2/13/2017)

1. NEW: Program-keywords-search based TV subscription recording rules will sort recordings according to channel ordering for rules that specify multiple channels, or "All channels" with additional "preferred channels" selected.
2. Changed: When multiple TV channels match a particular TV subscription rule for recording at the same time, only the first will be recorded at recording start time.
3. Change: Minor tweaks in Theater View TV guide grid color customization.
4. Fixed: Right-click context menu on video/TV playback window would not work in full screen mode after showing the control window on top.
5. Fixed: ATSC over-the-air EPG scan could crash on program entries that do not have a title.
6. Fixed: Handheld Sync converts files of the same file type if DSP is enabled (still uses the conversion cache, needs to be cleared when changing DSP settings).
7. Changed: Clicking toolbar buttons that close the image editor is no longer allowed when a tool is open -- instead a message is shown.

22.0.72 (2/8/2017)

1. Fixed: WAV plugin did not get audio duration correctly for some WAV files (with mp2 audio content).
2. Fixed: Spelling of the standard genre #68 was wrong.  It was 'Psychadelic' and now it's 'Psychedelic'.  This affects import and tag updating of mp3 and m4a files.
3. NEW: Theater View TV guide grid colors can be customized.
4. Changed: Playing Car Radio buttons that are nested Smartlists will reevaluate the files in the smartlist at click time instead of using cached files.
5. NEW: Added the choice "Reset Button" when right-clicking a Car Radio button to remove the preset.
6. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).

22.0.71 (2/2/2017)

1. Changed: MC will try correcting a certain type of malformed WAVE files when writing tags to ID3 chunk, so that tag writing will be successful.
2. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
3. NEW: Tagging support for non-PCM audio in WAVE files.  This includes DTS and MPEG audio in WAVE.
4. Fixed: Clicking on a link icon for an album or artist with accents didn't always work.

22.0.70 (1/31/2017)

1. Fixed: More accents trouble.

22.0.69 (1/30/2017)

1. NEW: During import of an ISO file from a SACD, the Foobar sidecar file is read for the track names (we can pull other data if you request it).
2. Changed: When customizing the new Tag Action Window, it won't let you add items outside a group (since a group is necessary).
3. Fixed: Pane views that used accents with expression fields weren't working properly.
4. Fixed: The size of emailing images is remembered between sends.

22.0.68 (1/30/2017)

1. Changed: Over-the-air EPG scanning (ATSC and DVB) no longer saves "Event ID" into Program ID field.  Instead, Episode ID, if available, is saved in the field.
2. Changed: The tag action window could be slow to open when it was showing playlists.  Now it's much faster.
3. Changed: The new tag window has "Image" as one of the add choices during customization to nicely add the image field and type the right expression for you.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Spike1000

Re: Media Center 22.0.81 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 07:49:14 am »

22.0.81 (3/13/2017)
5. Fixed: New tag window fields could stay open for editing while choosing different files from the list.

Not the direction I expected the fix to go in, I quite liked the way the tag window field would update itself as different files were selected  :) But the fix has indeed removed the inconsistent and problematic behaviour.

Cheers

Spike

MusicHawk

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 01:07:06 pm »

New Tag Window is improved (thanks) but still not right. At least two problems still exist.

Scrolling a field with many existing list values, the displayed list does not always fit within the window. Scrolling a long list of existing values, as I drag I end up moving way off the Tag Window, above or below, still dragging the list. Extending the Tag Window to full height more-or-less fixes this, so apparently the edit mode of a field assumes the full window is displayed even when not the case. If I scroll using mouse wheel, it works more normally.

A list field no longer jumps to a value based on typing its first letter, so there's no shortcut to lots of scrolling. This has worked for years, but not recently. Instead, when I press a key hoping to jump, I end up actually creating a new value added to the list, because the focus is unexpectedly put into the Add field (which explains why I've been finding my Keywords list filled with single letters).

Regarding Full-Height Tag Window vs. the half-height that is necessary to also see and use the Navigation tree, perhaps MC could do both, by extending the window height automatically when appropriate, such as when a field is clicked to edit. But this would cause the field positions on the screen to jump up, not so good.

OR, consider moving the Tag Window to the top of the left column, so any extension of it is DOWN, therefore field positions do not move, there's just more working space and fields visible during editing, then the window reverts to half-height (at the top of the column) so navigation is again visible.

Couple this idea with the periodic comments that having all the tag and action stuff at lower-left is somewhat odd and clumsy, because of the expand-up factor, and because it can be a clumsy place to look since most app action is on the upper screen.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 01:44:27 pm »

22.0.80 (3/10/2017)
5. Changed: When video playing (including live TV) is in frame-stepping mode, LEFT arrow causes video to jump back 1 second, regardless what value it is set in video settings.
6. NEW: CTRL+SHIFT+ARROW (left or right) in video playing jumps to the next/previous key frame.  Works only with certain types of video (such as AVi, mp4, mkv).  Does not work with live TV or TV recordings.
Thank you very, very much Yaobing !
And many thanks to the team and the testers.

Trumpetguy

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 02:26:25 pm »

Regarding disappearing WDM driver again, I have successfully applied some steps described by others (even if I am not 100% sure what I did). It was related to either one or two factors: 1) MC21 was still installed and 2) MC21 and MC22 was originally installed when the daily user account had admin rights, but where the user account at some point was converted to standard user (Win10 pro).

Reference threads:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,109648.msg758551.html#msg758551
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,107481.msg758105.html#msg758105

Logged in as admin I uninstalled MC21 and MC22. Downloaded 22.0.76 and made a fresh installation. Recovered the newly backed up library and made sure wdm was enabled.
Then logged in as standard user. After that, builds .79 and .81 were installed in a standard CTRL+J way from the standard user account, without any WDM driver problems! It did not disappear and settings were not altered.

I don't know if many others have had this problem, but it seems that there is some room for improvement on the install robustness.

MusicHawk

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 02:25:03 pm »

Well, the repaired New Tag Window broke down. I was using it continually, in a view showing about 360 tracks, tagging them all. Computer had been rebooted, MC started, and I had updated perhaps half the tracks when MC went off the rails.
-- The tag window got light and dark bars, some fields light, some dark, no obvious pattern (doesn't matter if field has data or not).
-- Artist field extension, which appears when text is wider than tag window, is just stuck, sitting on screen even if I scroll that tag window behind it. It is showing the Artist data of the track I was editing when it went crazy. I can actually move to another track and edit it, but the now-static Artist data box just floats on-screen.
-- As I click various fields which switches them to display edit mode, some remain displaying this, even when I move to another track. The field I click on is the one that gets actual edit focus, but various other tracks keep displaying as if they are also in edit mode. Again, no patterm, some fields do this, some not, some of the time.
-- I can move among tracks, play tracks, and even (slightly) edit tracks in Tag Window ... all while it continues to display in a bizarre mode.

Restarting MC cleared up the situation. Given how many tracks I had edited -- playing, tagging -- playing, tagging -- likely there's a memory leak or overflow or whatever that only is encountered after many repeats of these actions.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 01:05:33 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up