INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC wakes Windows 10 from sleep  (Read 1623 times)

sjhilton

• Junior Woodchuck
MC wakes Windows 10 from sleep
« on: March 18, 2017, 06:10:08 pm »

I'm having an issue where JRiver appears to be waking my computer from sleep. It appears to be a similar issue to the one described here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=106867.0

I have no need to wake the computer from sleep (to fetch the EPG, record TV etc). Is it possible to turn this off? Are these the only reasons why jriver would cause the computer to wake from sleep?

many thanks,

Stuart

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC wakes Windows 10 from sleep
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 06:56:13 pm »

For whatever it's worth I have a system running MC 24x7 that's always sleeping.  It only wakes up to record TV and then it goes back to sleep.  I think Gizmo can also get it to wake up although I think I disabled wake on LAN so it doesn't.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sjhilton

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 04:01:48 am »

Thanks for your response Matt. I'd be happy with that if it worked on my system, but unfortunately the system will wake up and stay awake. I've done some more digging since your reply. As far as I can tell it is J River waking it up, but it is my sound drivers (Sound Blaster Z SPDIF-In) that keeps the system awake (based on powercfg.exe /requests and playing around disabling recording interfaces). I can't override the 'requests' that are keeping the machine awake for some reason (using powercfg.exe /requestsoverride). This appears to be a known Windows 10 bug.

I'm not holding my breath for Sound Blaster or Microsoft providing a fix for either of these issues, so the easiest option may be a tick box in J River's options that prevents J River from waking the computer up. If it's the EPG wanting to update then I'm more than happy for the system to do that when it is on and not waking it up to do so.

I appreciate this isn't strictly an issue with J River. You can add this to the list of feature requests for release 23 if you like! Thanks again.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 06:34:16 am »

The company name is JRiver, not J River. 

We changed to JRiver from JRiver a few years ago because it works better with searches.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 08:05:35 am »

Thanks for your response Matt. I'd be happy with that if it worked on my system, but unfortunately the system will wake up and stay awake. I've done some more digging since your reply. As far as I can tell it is J River waking it up, but it is my sound drivers (Sound Blaster Z SPDIF-In) that keeps the system awake (based on powercfg.exe /requests and playing around disabling recording interfaces). I can't override the 'requests' that are keeping the machine awake for some reason (using powercfg.exe /requestsoverride). This appears to be a known Windows 10 bug.

I'm not holding my breath for Sound Blaster or Microsoft providing a fix for either of these issues, so the easiest option may be a tick box in J River's options that prevents J River from waking the computer up. If it's the EPG wanting to update then I'm more than happy for the system to do that when it is on and not waking it up to do so.

I appreciate this isn't strictly an issue with J River. You can add this to the list of feature requests for release 23 if you like! Thanks again.

I think the simple fix is to turn off that driver from waking the pc...thats a windows cmd using a right click

oh yeah....welcome to windows 10....dontcha just love it...oh and it's free
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up