INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Too Easy IV -- The Request Line is Open  (Read 58008 times)

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Too Easy IV -- The Request Line is Open
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2017, 03:19:04 am »

Coming next build:
NEW: Added the keyboard shortcuts U and D to move filters in Parametric Equalizer up and down.
NEW: Added the keyboard shortcut R to remove a filter from Parametric Equalizer.
Thanks!

I had another idea of a (hopefully) simple change that would help ease of use in this window.

Add a "spacer" option to the add menu, this would add a row to the list that does nothing except visually break up the list of filters declared. This would display simply like ------------ though -------- User Entered Text --------- would be even better.  Done

The attached pic illustrates why, the red lines indicate where I'd put spacers. i.e. the filter list is made up of groups of filters that are defined for different purposes, a big list of filters is becomes hard to read/navigate so some visual aids would be very useful.

BernhardS

• World Citizen
« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2017, 12:35:10 pm »

A way to customize the width of the individual panes would be useful
I will explain that whenever I want a thing, and Mrs. McWilliams wants another thing, and we decide upon the thing that Mrs. McWilliams wants—as we always do—she calls that a compromise

THE McWILLIAMSES AND THE BURGLAR ALARM  (Mark Twain)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2017, 06:16:38 pm »

I've split a couple of discussions to new threads.

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
  • Music and Audio enthusiast
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2017, 03:21:15 am »

Subtitles selection for movies other than from OSD (it is frustrating not finding the OSD when playing from a DLNA renderer)
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.
NAS: QNAP TS-531 with 5x4TB HDDs
DAC/ADC: RME ADI2 PRO
Speakers (active): 2 x ATC SCM50ASL
Subs (active): 2 x REL 528 Signature

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2017, 06:47:05 am »

Allow Media Server Clients to backup and restore settings (without switching to a local library)
JRiver CEO Elect

Wilhelm Kabus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2017, 09:33:32 am »

1. An Option which keeps Pane Tagging always on.
2. More commands available to the configurable toolbar. Especially Add as next to play, Stop after current song, Analyze audio...
3. Configurable names for Par. EQ 1 and 2.
4. More than 2 Par. EQs.
5. Drag Par. EQ filter(s) between the filter sets.
6. No "3d" in the standard view gui.
7. A visual indication in standard view, when stop after current song is ticked. Ie. change in the stop playing icon.

I would like these features added to the software I love so much...

WK

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2017, 07:56:24 pm »

i don't post in these much, but here's one that gets me sometimes

if i'm playing in zone 1, but zone 2 is "selected" in a pane, when i push pause or stop the music keeps going.  this makes sense in a way, but it's annoying to select a new zone - what about some sort of graphical way of having the zones in the top toolbar or something for a "quick select"

RD James

« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2017, 08:19:15 pm »

Here's one that I hope is easy:

Media Center has a great feature where albums containing multiple artists, but no album artist tag, are automatically grouped together into (Multiple Artists)
Other players - like iTunes - don't do that. Import an album like that into iTunes, and you will have 10-20 duplicate albums which only contain a single track.

I've recently been converting tracks to AAC (via the "external encoder" option) and it would be extremely useful if the handheld conversion tool had an option which tagged these albums with (Multiple Artists) in the Album Artist field, if it is empty.
It's not a difficult thing to fix manually one time for a library using a custom view, but it becomes increasingly annoying to deal with as you import more tracks and have to remember to tag them before conversion.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: October 06, 2017, 03:40:28 pm »

Hello,
As per the discussion here.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=109789.new;topicseen#new
Be able to specify file formats that JRiver converts (or not) before sending to a DLNA Renderer.
This will address major problem I have of needing two different DLNA server settings for the same renderer:
1. DSF and FLAC files (Mode: Original, Format: PCM L24 No header).
2. AIFF files (Mode:  specified output format, Format: PCM 24 Bit)
All my ripped CDs are in AIFF.  But I'm wanting to rip my SACDs to DSF now.  But I can't jump between file types without going into JRiver and manually changing DLNA server settings for the DLNA renderer.
Hopefully this will take less than an hour to implement....I hope....

Regards

Andrew
It took more than an hour but here goes (coming in the next build):

NEW: You can select the audio formats that are converted when "specified output format only when necessary" is selected. (under Add or configure DLNA servers .. [Server name]->Audio->Advanced)

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #109 on: October 06, 2017, 03:54:39 pm »

Nice!  Is it possible to also add the option to transcode URL audio streams?  I'm finding over the years more and more of these web url (for radio stations) do not play with DLNA Devices when MC just hands the url over.  MC itself can play them, but if you could run these streams via the Transcoder the issue would be solved.
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: October 06, 2017, 04:11:52 pm »

Nice!  Is it possible to also add the option to transcode URL audio streams?  I'm finding over the years more and more of these web url (for radio stations) do not play with DLNA Devices when MC just hands the url over.  MC itself can play them, but if you could run these streams via the Transcoder the issue would be solved.
Thanks
Nathan
Probably, it used to do that as a side effect a long time ago...

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2017, 04:20:10 pm »

I'll test the new version and report back (in the middle of a rip with 6hrs to go however!)
JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2017, 04:23:21 pm »

Probably, it used to do that as a side effect a long time ago...

There is checks in there to not do it for URLs, but we could probably change that to exclude those radio stations that use HLS (like BBC Radio), since DLNA boxes can typically not read that.
I wonder however if the DLNA audio transcoding would be happy with a never-ending radio stream, something to test, I guess.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #113 on: October 06, 2017, 04:34:53 pm »

There is checks in there to not do it for URLs, but we could probably change that to exclude those radio stations that use HLS (like BBC Radio), since DLNA boxes can typically not read that.
I wonder however if the DLNA audio transcoding would be happy with a never-ending radio stream, something to test, I guess.
Don’t recall how that worked, it was quite a while ago but it did.
It’s not going to happen now though without more changes.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #114 on: October 06, 2017, 04:54:29 pm »

All I know is that my DLNA devices are 100% happy with MC's DLNA Server but... it is hit and miss which streams work on which DLNA device and support for the various streams is different between the devices (+ it has gotten worse over the years).
JRiver CEO Elect

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2017, 02:53:44 pm »

Change the default field value in the "Fill Track Numbers from List Order" dialog to "episode #" if the selected tracks have a media type of Video

Done

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2017, 04:04:06 pm »

Provide keyboard shortcuts for lipsync adjustments (+/- x ms) Done

I'm hoping it could be a quick thing because the underlying feature seems like it was implemented in  https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89257.0

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #117 on: October 14, 2017, 01:00:23 pm »

Allow Q values higher than 5 in DSP studio for PEQ and shelf filters

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #118 on: October 15, 2017, 12:42:06 pm »

When right clicking in the search box make copy and paste top level menu items, right now the are under "edit."

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #119 on: October 15, 2017, 03:32:15 pm »

in handheld sync, add a filename expression or extend the existing expression to include the filename as per https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,111180.0.html

Goatshade

« Reply #120 on: October 15, 2017, 11:30:00 pm »

Allow for Night Mode in DSP settings to be toggled, and then add a scheduling feature to it, so that it switches on and off automatically based on a time range and a set of indicated days. Bonus points if you can use 24-hour clock for those times, but that's really of lesser concern.

A_Michael

• World Citizen
« Reply #121 on: October 17, 2017, 03:38:47 am »

Not to have faded out the cover art in theater view.

Options / theater view / behavior -> "fade out after inact..." also fades out the coverart. It then blends with the background.

Please let cover Art opaque while fade_out is active.

Best regards, Michael

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2017, 10:14:07 pm »

Analyze Audio is not an available option when non-audio files are also selected. Example is if you select and album of mp3s along with cover art. Please make it so audio can be analyzed if the selection contains any audio/video files.

Done

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2017, 10:16:16 pm »

When analyzing audio you are given the option to choose between 1 and 8 files to be processed at a time. It would be great if there was 2 of these selections boxes. One for video and another for audio. I would like to set audio to 4 and video to 1.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2017, 10:20:34 pm »

"Allow overwrite of existing values" is an option when using "Get Movie and TV Info" on multiple files. When scraping individual files this option isn't there and the lookup overwrites all existing values. Can you please add the option when doing individual look-ups. I don't want any of my values overwritten, I simply want to add addition info.

Thanks

Done

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2017, 08:19:17 am »

"Allow overwrite of existing values" is an option when using "Get Movie and TV Info" on multiple files. When scraping individual files this option isn't there and the lookup overwrites all existing values. Can you please add the option when doing individual look-ups. I don't want any of my values overwritten, I simply want to add addition info.

Thanks

Coming next build:
NEW: Doing a "Get Movie & TV Info" on one file now gives the option to overwrite.

Thanks for the idea.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2017, 08:36:59 am »

Analyze Audio is not an available option when non-audio files are also selected. Example is if you select and album of mp3s along with cover art. Please make it so audio can be analyzed if the selection contains any audio/video files.

Coming next build:
Changed: The Analyze Audio tool will be in the right-click menu if there are any audio or video files selected instead of if all the selected files are audio or video.

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2017, 07:50:25 pm »

Automatic import of custom art when upgrading:

When upgrading full versions, say v.22 to v.23, I still have to manually copy over some customizations such as my own replacement image that gets used instead of JRiver's default logo.jpg image.

It is located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 23\Data\Custom Art (you have to manually add the sub-folder "\Custom Art" and put a jpg you rename as logo.jpg, if I remember correctly. A really cool trick, BTW!).

Its not a big deal to do it manually, but it seems it should be automatic, having upgraded many times. Also, my extra "track info" plug-ins and other stuff are not copied automatically. Maybe there are other things that could be done automatically?

I was just thinking this would be easy to fix and one less roadblock when upgrading.

Thanks,
BC

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2017, 08:32:12 pm »

When one changes the List Style to Details in recently imported (or anywhere else), please keep that as the setting.  currently, if there are only video files, it changes to thnbnails.  Drives me crazy that I continuously have to change it back.

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2017, 08:35:03 pm »

Have an option that search will ALWAYS be a global search and not within the specific subsection.

Goatshade

« Reply #130 on: October 26, 2017, 11:12:58 pm »

Allow for Night Mode in DSP settings to be toggled, and then add a scheduling feature to it, so that it switches on and off automatically based on a time range and a set of indicated days. Bonus points if you can use 24-hour clock for those times, but that's really of lesser concern.

Just want to know if this is feasible, and do-able within an hour.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2017, 05:55:37 am »

Just want to know if this is feasible, and do-able within an hour.
I don't think it's a one hour project. 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2017, 09:27:33 am »

Next build will have this:
NEW: Added the MCWS function DSP/SetAdaptiveVolume to set the level of adaptive volume and turn it on or off.

It won't fully automate everything, but it should allow for more possibilities.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2017, 01:23:58 pm »

You can use ZoneSwitch and have JRiver automatically select Zones based on the time of day. Here is the formula provided by MrC in the NEW! ZoneSwitch thread:  [=Compare(FormatDate(Now(), H), >=, 20)]=1

You could expand it and also include days.

Ripman

• Recent member
« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2017, 04:29:46 pm »

Really cool sw. I asked about multiple tracks in mka containers a few weeks back.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=111638.0

It probably wouldn’t be trivial, but making mc able to select from multiple mka audio tracks via ffdshow would be very nice. Thanks for your consideration.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2017, 11:54:26 pm »

I am easily bored visually, so I change skins quite often.  The "skin effects" brightness & contrast settings used for the previous skin however, never work for whichever new skin I choose. It would be great if there were a toolbar icon to allow instant access to the "skin effects" settings (currently must navigate 3 levels thru menu's: View/Skins/Skin Effects). 

Bonus if you also created a toolbar icon that directly displayed the full skin list.

P.S.  If there is no icon readily available, and creating one would be a showstopper for the 1-hour rule, I would be happy if only the text were available to add to the toolbar. 

P.S.2  I now breathlessly await to see a red "Done" added to my post!

Goatshade

« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2017, 03:57:12 am »

Implement these in Panel.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2017, 01:57:48 pm »

Any chance for this:

When I switch to another library - I would like JRiver to honor the tab space that I set up the last time I left the library.

I only have two libraries - one is FLAC and other other MP3 for mobile sync. Everytime I switch to the MP3 library - MC opens ALL of the tab I had set to the JRiver Start (web) page. I then have to reset all my tabs to the locations and tools I actually use within each library.

This should be a option in the Library area. And it's a PITA to have to reset every time.

Cheers,

VP

RD James

« Reply #138 on: November 15, 2017, 10:45:49 am »

kr4

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #139 on: November 15, 2017, 11:12:44 am »

I know this has been asked for before but..................................  How about permitting multiple lines for the text under the album thumbnails?  It is particularly important for Classical recordings.

Done
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

Goatshade

« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2017, 11:54:07 am »

I know this has been asked for before but..................................  How about permitting multiple lines for the text under the album thumbnails?  It is particularly important for Classical recordings

I assume you refer to Panel, Gizmo, et cetera?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #141 on: November 15, 2017, 12:32:23 pm »

I know this has been asked for before but..................................  How about permitting multiple lines for the text under the album thumbnails?  It is particularly important for Classical recordings

Coming next build:
NEW: You can customize the number of thumbnail text lines (and then we'll wrap instead of truncate) by picking "Thumbnail Text Lines" from the view header menu.

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2017, 03:13:40 pm »

Been asked before, but...please make the tag window not "flash" or allow me to turn off the flash or blinking.

kr4

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #143 on: November 15, 2017, 04:39:17 pm »

I assume you refer to Panel, Gizmo, et cetera?
Yeah, sure, all those, too but I was actually referring to the screen display on the host.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

MusicHawk

« Reply #144 on: November 16, 2017, 11:30:51 am »

Coming next build:
NEW: You can customize the number of thumbnail text lines (and then we'll wrap instead of truncate) by picking "Thumbnail Text Lines" from the view header menu.

Can this also apply to showing multi-line wrapped image Captions? (Apologies if it already does, but what I see is a single line truncated.)
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

MusicHawk

« Reply #145 on: November 16, 2017, 12:07:16 pm »

REQUEST: Provide a simple way to adjust the TIME of selected files by specifying a new time or offset. Hugely helpful when managing Images because the camera time is often OFF (different time zone, DST, or simply not set).

This is not the same as selecting a bunch of files and typing in a new date-time. That would make all the photos the same TIME, which goofs up sorting. For photos, it is usually important to preserve the TIME so the images sort into a proper timeline.

The need is for a way to adjust the time of a batch of selected files without having to edit each file separately -- a way to "add 1 hour to the time". Or even "add 2 hours and 12 minutes". Etc.

Google Picasa already does this. Select a bunch of images. It shows the date-time of the first image. Change that as desired, then select "Adjust all photo dates by the amount". Not especially literate but it works. Change the shown 10:14:12 to 12:14:12 and all the file times are changed to 2 hours later than their original times, even if some of them are originally 10:17 or 11:08 or whatever.

It would be wonderful if MC could do this, one less reason to use Picasa (long ago abandoned by Google) or some other file mod tool.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: November 16, 2017, 02:50:11 pm »

REQUEST: Provide a simple way to adjust the TIME of selected files by specifying a new time or offset. Hugely helpful when managing Images because the camera time is often OFF (different time zone, DST, or simply not set).

This is not the same as selecting a bunch of files and typing in a new date-time. That would make all the photos the same TIME, which goofs up sorting. For photos, it is usually important to preserve the TIME so the images sort into a proper timeline.

The need is for a way to adjust the time of a batch of selected files without having to edit each file separately -- a way to "add 1 hour to the time". Or even "add 2 hours and 12 minutes". Etc.

Google Picasa already does this. Select a bunch of images. It shows the date-time of the first image. Change that as desired, then select "Adjust all photo dates by the amount". Not especially literate but it works. Change the shown 10:14:12 to 12:14:12 and all the file times are changed to 2 hours later than their original times, even if some of them are originally 10:17 or 11:08 or whatever.

It would be wonderful if MC could do this, one less reason to use Picasa (long ago abandoned by Google) or some other file mod tool.
I agree, I've had to do this with external tools before and it's a pain.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #147 on: November 16, 2017, 03:50:00 pm »

Allow volume leveling when converting for playback on Gizmo or JRemote (as I believe is currently possible for DLNA playback).
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #148 on: November 16, 2017, 08:06:38 pm »

This may already be possible but I can't for the life of me figure out how to change it.

Make this maroon/red color editable in the new tag edit window, this is for the currently selected field.

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #149 on: November 17, 2017, 07:03:48 pm »

show the chapter's list of a mkv file with large fonts in theaterview/displayview
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up