INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Too Easy IV -- The Request Line is Open  (Read 58005 times)

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hi
Re: Too Easy IV -- The Request Line is Open
« Reply #150 on: November 18, 2017, 06:30:55 pm »

A new field that shows the number of audio tracks contained in an MKV file.

Aimhere

• Junior Woodchuck
  • These are not the droids you're looking for.
« Reply #151 on: November 20, 2017, 10:48:38 am »

I use Windows 10's display scaling, set to "150% (Recommended)" on my HTPC, in order to make the text and GUI elements in all of my apps more readable on my TV (which is native 1920x1080 resolution). But, this makes most of the dialog boxes in JRiver Media Center far too large. In many cases, these dialogs end up having their "OK/Cancel/etc." buttons below the Windows Taskbar, or even off the bottom of the screen altogether.

Now, many of these dialogs incorporate a HUGE amount of blank space, no matter what the Windows display scaling is set to. Just as an example: Tools/Options/Television, click on one of the Tuner Profiles entries, then click Configure. The "Devices" list in the resulting dialog must have space for at least 25 (!!!) devices, even though I doubt ANYONE could have more than half a dozen TV tuners. (Even if someone did have more than a handful of devices, they could just scroll, you know.) Other dialogs have a large blank area between the bottom-most informational/settings item and the "OK/Cancel/etc." buttons at the bottom of the window (as much as half the vertical size of the dialog, in some cases).

Really, there's just no call for this much wasted space, and the dialog could be made MUCH smaller.

I would like to see MC's dialogs be smarter when it comes to sizing, with less wasted space and better handling of different Windows desktop sizes and scaling. At the VERY least, I would like all dialogs to "remember" their last-used window size and position, so that I could resize them ONCE and be done with it.

Thanks.

bellbuoy

• Recent member
« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2017, 07:53:28 pm »

Please make Closed Captions work for TV.  I have followed your instructions to "point MC to ccextractorwin.exe" with no success.  It may work, but not by me when following the instructions posted here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,107620.msg770487.html#msg770487

If I had closed captions, I could actually use MC and get rid of my Win 7 machine that I am using to watch TV (and everything else) using Windows Media Center.
Thanks , Steve

CalJake

• Recent member
« Reply #153 on: November 22, 2017, 02:55:22 pm »

Under Rip Disc => Edit Disc Information => CD Information, would it be possible to make the fields displayed there browsable for your library entries?  This would reduce a lot of typing for large classical libraries.

Related, I usually end up doing this in a tab window, invariably forget to close the tab window, try to start the rip, then get the error, 'nothing to rip' (or whatever it is specifically).  I have to close the tab window, cancel the rip, then start over.  So basically have MC check and close tab window if open before rip begins?  I know, just remember close the tab window, but if this were easy to implement, it'd be nice.

RD James

« Reply #154 on: November 24, 2017, 09:57:45 am »

When Volume Protection is enabled, it always resets to 20% volume after 30 minutes.
If a Startup Volume is set (rather than the default of -1) this should be used for Volume Protection instead of a fixed 20%.

Ekpen

« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2017, 03:25:14 pm »

Is it possible to have a default server configured, then within that default server, via renderer(s) access the libraries of two or more servers?
Other servers can be accessed via IP address, such as 192.168. X X
Thanks.
George

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #156 on: November 25, 2017, 02:30:02 pm »

i did request this in other post ... but it was forgotten .... so trying to request it here.

at the moment (for audio only) ... if you switch on online media slideshow for theatre view, the slideshow will include images stored locally in same folder as music files ... if you uncheck all online sources ... the slideshow will only include local images

I personally use only locally stored images to make Theatre View flashy ... the reasons for this are several ... faster ... control over what is displayed ... remove dependency on online resources beeing available (trading off variety for reliability) ... and frankly some of the stuff i listen/watch is not mainstream enough to have resources online

This only works for audio ... please make this work for movies and tv series/seasons

PS: i personally dont really care about Standard View as i mainly use it to configure server side ... Theatre View beeing flashy is what puts smile on my face when i turn on my HTPC on big screen tv :)
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

Auke

« Reply #157 on: November 27, 2017, 03:26:06 pm »

I like to see the ability to create a shortcut in explorer in the theatre modus. I have a download map, and like to hear the music or see the movie before i will put it in my library. I have to do a lot of clicks every time now.

luckyaua

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #158 on: November 28, 2017, 02:34:46 am »

make "audio path" window detachable or/and add the possibility to see "audio path" in other panel (e.g. track panel display)

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #159 on: November 28, 2017, 11:24:03 am »

An option to not unmute my system volume when starting MC.  You have no idea how many times this has caused loud sound to come from my computer at work when I really don't want that to happen.

kr4

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #160 on: November 29, 2017, 09:16:50 pm »

I know this has been asked for before but..................................  How about permitting multiple lines for the text under the album thumbnails?  It is particularly important for Classical recordings
Thanks for making this happen.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #161 on: November 29, 2017, 09:57:23 pm »

An option to not unmute my system volume when starting MC.  You have no idea how many times this has caused loud sound to come from my computer at work when I really don't want that to happen.

Options > Audio > Volume
Volume Protection: On  (This is the setting that does most in your situation. Note this was fixed recently in MC23.0.85.)
Startup Volume: 10 (%)  (I'm not sure this setting is actually working at the moment...)

Options > Startup > Startup Volume > Optimise volume for best sound quality: checked (on)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #162 on: November 30, 2017, 12:12:26 am »

Options > Audio > Volume
Volume Protection: On  (This is the setting that does most in your situation. Note this was fixed recently in MC23.0.85.)
Startup Volume: 10 (%)  (I'm not sure this setting is actually working at the moment...)

Options > Startup > Startup Volume > Optimise volume for best sound quality: checked (on)

Read the first post in this thread.  Additionally, your "solution" still unmutes my system volume.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #163 on: November 30, 2017, 05:26:59 pm »

allow MCC to accept a zone id rather than 0 based index as a zone specifier (an ID would be more robust as far as I can see)

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #164 on: December 02, 2017, 04:33:29 am »

allow MCC to accept a zone id rather than 0 based index as a zone specifier (an ID would be more robust as far as I can see)

Thats not going to be possible with how MCC is designed, there is only 6 bits of room for the zone id in the command syntax, which limits this to 0-63. Fine for the index, but no room for the actual ID.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

RD James

« Reply #165 on: December 02, 2017, 10:10:46 am »

It would be helpful if there was at least some way to figure out what a Zone's index # is anywhere in Media Center's UI.
Better yet, some way to change it. All my zones have seemingly random index numbers because I had added and deleted many of them in the past when adding/removing devices, trying to figure out zone switch rules etc.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #166 on: December 03, 2017, 07:54:16 am »

It would be helpful if there was at least some way to figure out what a Zone's index # is anywhere in Media Center's UI.
Better yet, some way to change it. All my zones have seemingly random index numbers because I had added and deleted many of them in the past when adding/removing devices, trying to figure out zone switch rules etc.

I'm wondering if adding a right-click command "Zone Information..." on a zone would be good?

It could show the name, the ID, the index, etc.

Thoughts?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RD James

« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2017, 09:37:46 am »

I'm wondering if adding a right-click command "Zone Information..." on a zone would be good?
Thoughts?
I still think that some way to actually manage the zone ID/indexes is important, because mine are essentially 'random' at this point and don't make any kind of logical sense.
If I could set this manually, I would probably assign them to rooms, treating "11, 12, 13" as "1-1, 1-2, 1-3" for all the devices in room 1, zones "21, 22, 23" as "2-1, 2-2, 2-3" for room 2 etc.

I'm wondering if it might be best to bring up a nicely formatted HTML page when you click "Zone Information" as that could present a list of all zones along with the name, ID, index etc. instead of only displaying information about the selected zone.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2017, 09:58:23 am »

Or a tooltip.  It could  also show the IP address.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #169 on: December 04, 2017, 08:11:37 am »

Or a tooltip.

Coming next build:
NEW: Added the zone ID and index to the tooltip for Playing Now zones.
NEW: Added the device address to the tooltip for remote zones.

RD James

« Reply #170 on: December 05, 2017, 12:02:33 am »

Coming next build:
NEW: Added the zone ID and index to the tooltip for Playing Now zones.
NEW: Added the device address to the tooltip for remote zones.
Works well, thanks.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #171 on: December 11, 2017, 08:45:09 am »

When setting Bitstreaming ON for DSD, the volume should be set to maximum and volume changes disabled. As I remember, there is only 1 DAC vendor whose ASIO driver handles a volume change correctly for DSD files. There can be an option to turn volume back on, but allowing volume changes for DSD bitstreaming should not be the default.  This should apply to both ASIO and WASAPI.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #172 on: December 11, 2017, 09:26:25 am »

You know when the tree is closed... you get a "Library Views" entry at the top of the view header menu?

That could be so, so, handy, except that it doesn't nest itself to mirror the tree branches.
This:

becomes:

Is getting this menu to mirror the tree branches a hard job? Would be great if it could be done. (Even better if it could also show if the tag window is full height too :))

-marko

dexterdom

• Recent member
« Reply #173 on: December 11, 2017, 01:12:25 pm »

Hello,
I would like to see an MCC command added that will display a list of chapters in a video file and allow me to select one to jump to. I know I can navigate chapters sequentially, and can also get a chapter list if I navigate through the theater view menus, but I'm asking for a "one-click, jump-to list for chapter navigation" - very useful for navigating songs in concert videos (the chapters in all my concert videos correspond to individual songs).
Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #174 on: December 11, 2017, 02:45:45 pm »

Is getting this menu to mirror the tree branches a hard job? Would be great if it could be done. (Even better if it could also show if the tag window is full height too :))

Hi Marko,

I started looking at this but got a little stumped.

Adding a path to the menu works, but if you first add Albums\Child, you won't then be able to add Albums to the menu as a clickable item because the child is already there.

I'm not sure how to get around this.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #175 on: December 11, 2017, 03:07:16 pm »

Evening Matt,

No ideas at all. Sorry.

Maybe, if it won't nest cleanly, is it possible to add indentation to the child items? That might make the flat list easier to interpret?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #176 on: December 11, 2017, 03:30:49 pm »

Evening Matt,

No ideas at all. Sorry.

Maybe, if it won't nest cleanly, is it possible to add indentation to the child items? That might make the flat list easier to interpret?

We'll try this next build:
Changed: Made the Library Views submenu nest child browser schemes like they're nested in the tree so the full path shows in the menu.

It's still a flat list but the menu text will have the whole path.

franswilco

• World Citizen
« Reply #177 on: December 13, 2017, 02:50:33 am »

Please make CNTR-G a toggle key. Now it only closes the tree. Why not allow toggling.

Done

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #178 on: December 13, 2017, 10:49:36 am »

We'll try this next build:
Changed: Made the Library Views submenu nest child browser schemes like they're nested in the tree so the full path shows in the menu.

It's still a flat list but the menu text will have the whole path.
It's ugly :D, but much easier to follow than before. Thank you.

Please make CNTR-G a toggle key. Now it only closes the tree. Why not allow toggling.
Good idea.

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
« Reply #179 on: December 13, 2017, 08:00:42 pm »

IMPORTING AND TAGGING - Include this folder but *NOT* child folders

Go to:
Tools -> Import -> Configure auto import -> Folders -> Edit

Currently I only see these two options under 'Mode':

- Include this folder and all child folders
- Exclude this folder and all child folders

There should be an option to:

- Include this folder but *NOT* child folders

I want to be able to auto-import a specific folder, but not sub-folders under it. It would make setting up auto-importing and also organizing files easier.

Or am I (as usual) missing something?

Thanks!
BC

Kid Twist

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #180 on: December 13, 2017, 08:49:51 pm »

I hope this qualifies as easy ... In Theater View, you recently gave us the ability to stop playback after the current track. Thanks. I would also like to be able to go to the list panel, scroll down to a particular track, select it and have the option to stop playback after that track.

Done

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #181 on: December 14, 2017, 11:41:06 am »

I hope this qualifies as easy ... In Theater View, you recently gave us the ability to stop playback after the current track. Thanks. I would also like to be able to go to the list panel, scroll down to a particular track, select it and have the option to stop playback after that track.

I like that one.

Next build:
NEW: Added the command "Stop After Playing Track" to the Theater View Playing Now screen.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2017, 03:04:39 pm »

MCWS has Playback/Zones which tells you which zones exist and Playback/Info which gives you a lot of info about what is currently playing in a particular zone

It would be useful if Playback/Zones had a "detailed" option (or a different endpoint) that provided the key detail from Playback/Info on the Playback/Zones payload. The rationale being avoiding n+1 calls to get the data you need.

Something like GET Playback/Zones fields={list of fields I want} would probably fit the existing api design though this is more work. My personal opinion on the minimal added detail is volume, state and probably fileKey (from Playback/Info).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #183 on: December 19, 2017, 09:12:07 am »

Coming next build:
Changed: Made Ctrl+G toggle the tree state between collapsed and expanded instead of only collapsing.

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #184 on: December 23, 2017, 07:09:19 pm »

Changing car radio playlists it never remembers the last played track in the list and scroll down to it.  It always plays first track.  Anyway you can add some extra settings to have it locate the last played track and scroll down the car radio playlist, ready to start playback.   And or even scroll to last played track and auto play it (or not option) on changing car radio list.   Open up car radio with a few more settings.
Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #185 on: December 26, 2017, 12:34:35 am »

In TheaterView we have a logo appear at the bottom right when it is a Blu-ray disc.  Would it also be possible to add one for 4K and 3D?
JRiver CEO Elect

ugee

Import information from iTunMOVI
« Reply #186 on: January 04, 2018, 08:22:12 am »

Update: Personally, I gave up on adding my video collection to MC - so if nobody else is interested in it, forget about it. ;)

MP4 Video / Tag import from iTunMOVI
It would be nice if MC would import tag values from iTunMOVI into corresponding library fields. Tag Dump shows MC somehow recognizes the XML but obviously it's not processed automatically.

Here's an example of what can be found in the iTunMOVI segment - there may be more keys available but I think the usual and most interesting stuff for import into MC would be cast, directors, screenwriters, studio and maybe producers:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>cast</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>name</key>
<string>Buster Keaton</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>name</key>
<string>Virginia Fox</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>name</key>
<string>Joe Keaton</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>name</key>
<string>Louise Keaton</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>name</key>
<string>Myra Keaton</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>name</key>
<string>Steve Murphy</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>name</key>
<string>Joe Roberts</string>
</dict>
</array>
<key>directors</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>name</key>
<string>Edward F. Cline</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>name</key>
</dict>
</array>
<key>producers</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>name</key>
<string>Joseph M. Schenck</string>
</dict>
</array>
<key>screenwriters</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>name</key>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>name</key>
<string>Edward F. Cline</string>
</dict>
</array>
<key>studio</key>
<string>First National Pictures</string>
</dict>
</plist>

ugee

Support for TV Show related tags in mp4
« Reply #187 on: January 04, 2018, 11:35:11 am »

Update: Personally, I gave up on adding my video collection to MC - so if nobody else is interested in it, forget about it. ;)

MP4 Video / Metadata import / mapping --> TV Show related values
It would be nice as well  8) if MC would import existing values from TV show related tags. Currently Tag Dump does not even recognize the fields. From what I could assess those would be the fields / tags:

Code: [Select]
tven ... TV Episode ID ... (numeric)
tves ... TV Episode ... (numeric) (?)
tvnn ... TV NetworkName ... (text)
tvsh ... TV Show ... (text)
tvsn ... TV Season ... (numeric) (?)
sosn ... TV SHOWSORT  ... (text)
sdes ... Show Description ... (text)

Edit note: removed attached files.

ugee

MP4 (Video) Metadata - Embedded Covers, Language
« Reply #188 on: January 05, 2018, 05:38:50 pm »

And even more wishes regarding MP4 Video / Metadata import / Tag Reading 
  • Videos in mp4 container > Embedded Covers (images)
    I've noticed that MC (v 23 on macOS) will not show images (covers, thumbnails) embedded in mp4 packaged video files (nothing shown in the Tag Window; also nothing happens when I try "Quick Find in File". I guess that the code used for m4a tag reading should be usable for mp4 video metadata too so it may not be such a big thing.
  • Videos in mp4 container > Import language from audio stream(s) to language field
    If I'm lucky and mp4 video tag reading gets some attention then maybe the language(s) of the audio stream(s) could be imported into the language field?

DeaneG

• World Citizen
« Reply #189 on: January 05, 2018, 06:02:56 pm »

Closed captions on ATSC TV. It's a real hole in capability.

Llannis

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #190 on: January 11, 2018, 03:19:48 am »

Convenient and Useful.

Resize Overview Panel

and

choose different columns per zone (at the Overview Panel)

(i.e. choose Filename(name) over Name, or even choose a custom made column to appear)

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #191 on: January 12, 2018, 07:53:57 pm »

Automatically sync views between MC Standard view and Media Network, available as an option by default.

Possible now, but it would make sense to start with a uniform set and modify everything in one place.

Power users could have an option to have different views for Media Network/Panel and MC.

dexterdom

• Recent member
« Reply #192 on: January 16, 2018, 02:41:02 pm »

Hello,
I would like to see an MCC command added that will display a list of chapters in a video file and allow me to select one to jump to. I know I can navigate chapters sequentially, and can also get a chapter list if I navigate through the theater view menus, but I'm asking for a "one-click, jump-to list for chapter navigation" - very useful for navigating songs in concert videos (the chapters in all my concert videos correspond to individual songs).
Thanks

I'm still hoping for this one. Should I assume that since there was no response to my original request, that someone from JRiver has reviewed it and determined it was not suitable for implementation?
Thank you.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #193 on: January 17, 2018, 10:45:11 am »

I'm still hoping for this one. Should I assume that since there was no response to my original request, that someone from JRiver has reviewed it and determined it was not suitable for implementation?
Thank you.

You can right-click a playing video and pick "Jump To" and it will show a list of chapters.

Cryptographer

• Recent member
« Reply #194 on: January 24, 2018, 09:56:19 am »

In theater view (at least) after having played a full album and it has stopped then, I sometimes simply like to play the album once again.

But as the album list still has the green marker on the last song of the album, when pressing Play or Ok, it only repeats the last song. This behavior is of course useful if pressing Stop and then Play again.

But when MC stops the album, because it is over, it would be more useful when the green marker could go back to the first song.

Done

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2018, 11:24:52 am »

In theater view (at least) after having played a full album and it has stopped then, I sometimes simply like to play the album once again.

But as the album list still has the green marker on the last song of the album, when pressing Play or Ok, it only repeats the last song. This behavior is of course useful if pressing Stop and then Play again.

But when MC stops the album, because it is over, it would be more useful when the green marker could go back to the first song.

Coming next build:
Changed: The playback position resets to the first track after reaching the end of Playing Now with repeat off (instead of staying on the last track).

Cryptographer

• Recent member
« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2018, 12:18:12 pm »

Thank You, Matt  ::)

Vocalpoint

« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2018, 01:21:47 pm »

Any chance that it would be "easy" to show/hide ANY node on the tree? I really want to ability to lighten the load on my trees for "client" computers that connect to Media Server.

I do not want clients to have access to the entire library or other parts of MC that are currently locked on the tree.

In my ideal world - for Music clients - I would only expose Albums and Playlists and pre stock them so a user can select something easy in mere seconds.

Just a thought.

VP

tyler69

« Reply #198 on: January 26, 2018, 02:43:46 am »

Change the Panel behavior for starting playback of tracks: now the track starts playing as soon as I click on it in the tracklist. I'd ilke the track to start playing when I double click on it. Since I understand that the current behavior might be good for touch enabled devices, can this be made optional or at least changeble in the MC settings?

I do not know where Panel is headed, but adding functionality like tagging and/or drag/drop would probably also benefit from this change.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #199 on: January 26, 2018, 10:56:35 pm »

Request: An option to bypass the "Ignore previously removed files" when doing a manual import. That way, when re-importing stuff that was accidentally deleted, say, you do not get all previously deleted files imported to if "Auto-import in background" is enabled.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up