INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Too Easy IV -- The Request Line is Open  (Read 58024 times)

seldenr

• Recent member
Re: Too Easy IV -- The Request Line is Open
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2017, 02:33:58 pm »

I have a request.  I am surprised more advanced users have not made this suggestion: When going from one screen to another, then reverting back to the previous screen, MC takes you to the top of the list, not to where you previously were on that screen.  E.g., if I am going through "Albums", then want to look at "Recent", when I return to "Albums", it starts back at the top, not at where I was in Albums when I left it.  That would be highly useful for me.  Sometimes I'll go through albums and pick some songs to a move to a playlist.  Then I'll pull something from Recent (or other views).  It would be great when I go back to the original view it picked up where I left off.  Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2017, 02:43:51 pm »

No +1's please.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2017, 03:00:20 pm »

I have a request.  I am surprised more advanced users have not made this suggestion: When going from one screen to another, then reverting back to the previous screen, MC takes you to the top of the list, not to where you previously were on that screen.  E.g., if I am going through "Albums", then want to look at "Recent", when I return to "Albums", it starts back at the top, not at where I was in Albums when I left it.  That would be highly useful for me.  Sometimes I'll go through albums and pick some songs to a move to a playlist.  Then I'll pull something from Recent (or other views).  It would be great when I go back to the original view it picked up where I left off.  Thanks!
The solution is to open multiple tabs if you want to look at a different View.

Plutotype

• Recent member
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2017, 04:28:32 pm »

Please make subtitle shift function global, so that each movie uses identical position for external subtitles.

proximuss

• Recent member
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2017, 12:44:51 am »

Since the only way I play music is through DLNA, it's very unconvenient to always rightclick and choose Send To.. and then select my DLNA device. It would be great to be able to set DLNA as default player which would work by default Play command without going into submenus etc. Thank you!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2017, 02:33:06 am »

Since the only way I play music is through DLNA, it's very unconvenient to always rightclick and choose Send To.. and then select my DLNA device. It would be great to be able to set DLNA as default player which would work by default Play command without going into submenus etc. Thank you!

Your DLNA Renderer (target device) should appear under Playing Now as a Dynamic Zone, once it is turned on and a couple of minutes have passed for MC to find it. Just select that Zone and play. MC might even retain selection of that Zone as the default after the first time you do this. Or just turn on Zoneswitch and set a rule to always play to that Dynamic Zone.

Start a new thread if you need help getting this working.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

dziemian

• Recent member
improving subtitle timing
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2017, 02:35:10 am »

I have a request to improve subtitle timing. You added great feature to add subtitles from the internet but they are not always right and often need to be moved forward or backwards a couple of (mili)seconds. My request:

1. It takes a lot of time and mouse moves to get to the right timing setting after right-click. And you need to do it a couple of times before you choose right. The best option would be to have shortcut keys to move the subtitles forward/ backwards in a quick way.
2. When you set the timing and want to change it for other delay you need to go through all the delays starting at the top of the list. Why is it not possible to start at previously choosen delay and move from there?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: improving subtitle timing
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2017, 03:06:51 am »

I have a request to improve subtitle timing.

Done.

Don't use the right-click method of changing Subtitle timing.

Once Subtitles are turned on, press the up arrow on your keyboard or remote until you see the "Subtitle Timing" menu option. Select that, then use the left and right arrows to adjust the timing in 100ms jumps. Much more interactive than the right-click menu and adjusts from the current position. As always, the amount adjusted is saved in the "Playback Info" tag in each file.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

tony ferrier

• Recent member
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2017, 03:29:07 am »

When Watching TV and you use the remote to scroll through channels you only see one channel at a time. Windows MCE use to bring up a mini TV Guide at the bottom showing a configurable 2 , 3 or 4 channels which could be scrolled through. This was a great feature and would really make JRiver TV experience much better. currently I have to bring up the whole TV guide with the TV playing in a small window which you cant do if anyone else is watching.

audioriver

« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2017, 03:46:32 am »

Add option to disable/configure the mouse wheel during video/streaming playback. "Disabled" or "Volume change" are the "intuitive" defaults. The current "video back/forward" default accidentally interrupts video playback too often.
Windows 10 Pro x64

ajw1997

• Recent member
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2017, 06:42:51 am »

Hello,
As per the discussion here.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=109789.new;topicseen#new
Be able to specify file formats that JRiver converts (or not) before sending to a DLNA Renderer.
This will address major problem I have of needing two different DLNA server settings for the same renderer:
1. DSF and FLAC files (Mode: Original, Format: PCM L24 No header).
2. AIFF files (Mode:  specified output format, Format: PCM 24 Bit)
All my ripped CDs are in AIFF.  But I'm wanting to rip my SACDs to DSF now.  But I can't jump between file types without going into JRiver and manually changing DLNA server settings for the DLNA renderer.
Hopefully this will take less than an hour to implement....I hope....

Regards

Andrew

MoonMan

« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2017, 09:21:50 am »

What I'd find very useful is a stripped-down audio-only version of Media Center. No TV; no pictures; no video. It strikes me it would load and work faster. Media Center's other capabilities are extraneous to my use of the software.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2017, 09:27:56 am »

What I'd find very useful is a stripped-down audio-only version of Media Center. No TV; no pictures; no video. It strikes me it would load and work faster. Media Center's other capabilities are extraneous to my use of the software.
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Simplified_Interface

goberre

• Recent member
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2017, 10:58:24 am »

Hi, I would really like to see and think it would be very useful if users could change the star rating of an audio track in the theatre view much the same way as you can vary the volume by hovering the cursor over the volume bar and scrolling. Thanks, Gordon.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2017, 11:02:51 am »

Hi, I would really like to see and think it would be very useful if users could change the star rating of an audio track in the theatre view much the same way as you can vary the volume by hovering the cursor over the volume bar and scrolling. Thanks, Gordon.

Look at the bottom of the screen in Playing Now of Theater View.  It's a set of clickable stars.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

draudio

• Recent member
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2017, 11:57:13 am »

Please make Library switching easier and faster. I move form home to office to hotel, each location has a different library. Currently I have to wait a long time for MC (Mac 22.0.88) to figure out that the previously selected library is not available before I can chose a new library. Can you make it so I can tell MC when I need to use a new library and avoid waiting for the search and timeout before I can listen to music?

Thank You,

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2017, 05:32:51 pm »

Please make Library switching easier and faster.

You are using a MacBook Pro or similar as a Client, and moving between locations which have access to MC Servers that you connect to?

Turn on "Option>Startup>Always load default library", which will load the local library on your MacBook Pro(?). That will be pretty fast, particularly if that library has never been used, so is small and effectively empty. Then just select the Library that you want to connect to. Overall that should see quite an improvement in the time it takes to get connected to the Library you want.

PS: Faster selection of the Library can also be achieved with a menu button in Standard View, or menus items in Theatre VIew. Start a new thread to ask how if you need help.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2017, 06:31:23 pm »

I mentioned this in another thread, but it would be great if gizmo and jremote could accept a fully-qualified domain name and/or complete url for the server address.  As it stands, you can enter the access key or an IP address, but not a url or domain name because the text entry field won't accept more than a fixed number of characters.  The use case is for hosting behind a domain name pointed to your home IP with dynamic DNS. 

It seems like it would be relatively quick as the main impediment right now is that the text entry field just won't accept enough characters, depending on how you do the web calls it may not even require messing with any backend logic.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2017, 09:51:15 pm »

Make column header alignment match the user selected column alignment.  Currently, the column data aligns as selected (Center, Left, or Right), but the column header remains left justified.

Done

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2017, 10:15:51 pm »

Create option to hover cursor over tabs to select them (same functionality as provided by TabsMixPlus in Firefox).

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2017, 08:09:43 pm »

MCWS or command line function to Stop All Playback in All Zones (including DLNA).  Done

If there is time left over, fully syncronized zone playback
that uses EDM driver as an input, aka Tuneblade :).

Cheers, and thanks!

flac.rules

« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2017, 05:29:20 am »

MCWS-command to play a file and then continue where you left off, that is, when for instance playing a playlist, just play a file, and then jump into the song it was playing again, at the same place (or mute the song for the duration og the the new file playing).

Useful for home automation (letting the system give you alerts or similar over the same speakers you use to play music)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2017, 08:31:26 am »

MCWS or command line function to Stop All Playback in All Zones (including DLNA).

Coming next build:
NEW: Added the MCWS function Playback/StopAll to stop all playback regardless of zone (includes remote and DLNA zones).

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2017, 09:54:45 am »

How about getting rid of "null" from subtitle selection?

-tm

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2017, 10:26:14 am »

How about getting rid of "null" from subtitle selection?

"null" is there intentionally.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

DJLegba

« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2017, 11:59:42 am »

Add album name to Panel's "playing now" view.

Done

221bBS

« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2017, 01:39:30 pm »

Wouldn't mind having access to the "...Build Missing Thumbnails..." in Library Tools, Advance Tools, or Cover Art menu.

Done

ugee

Re: Too Easy IV -- The Request Line is Open > Read iTunes Work / Movement
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2017, 07:50:45 pm »

I'd like to have MC (for Mac, BTW  8) read iTunes Work Name / Movement Name / Movement Number / Movement Count tags from m4a files. It doesn't work yet (Tag Dump doesn't show the values, adding it as Custom Fields didn't work).

My guess: support for it wouldn't be too difficult to implement, along the line of (c)wrt tags.

Attached screenshots show a sample of the tags.

Done

Thanks!  :)

ugee

Re: Too Easy IV -- The Request Line is Open > Remember Tabs between Sessions
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2017, 08:04:02 pm »

This may be specific to the macOS version, I don't know: it would be nice if MC would remember all the Tabs with their respective content  which were open as the "Last View" (in Standard view) between application restarts and when "Start with last view" is selected in options.

Current behaviour on macOS (10.12) is: the number of tabs will be correct on restart but all tabs show the same content (that from the last active tab).

Because Brain's right - I've got it wrong ...
You've got something wrong I think.  ...

ugee

« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2017, 08:19:54 pm »

And a third/last and (I hope) easy one, probably macOS specific too: it would be nice if no (at least: no blocking) notification dialog windows would ever hide behind the main application window -
and also if those notification dialog windows always pop up on the desktop on which the MC main window is currently running (rendered).

Maybe instead of notification windows the main window (action window area) could be used for every and all notifications?

It matters because MC is not really native on macOS and the usual/standard way to access items on a Mac desktop will not <edit> always </edit> work.

No longer of importance if nobody else cares.  ;)

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2017, 12:16:24 pm »

"null" is there intentionally.

For what?

-tm

RD James

« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2017, 12:33:16 pm »

For what?
I believe "Null" disables all subtitles, while "Off" will still play forced subtitles.

blgentry

« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2017, 05:41:06 pm »

This may be specific to the macOS version, I don't know: it would be nice if MC would remember all the Tabs with their respective content  which were open as the "Last View" (in Standard view) between application restarts and when "Start with last view" is selected in options.

Current behaviour on macOS (10.12) is: the number of tabs will be correct on restart but all tabs show the same content (that from the last active tab).

You've got something wrong I think.  I've been using MC for Mac since MC20.  I generally use 4 tabs.  Any time I stop and restart MC, all 4 tabs show the views that I last used in them.  For instance, my second tab is always the "Albums" view.  Now, MC does NOT remember what Album I was last looking at in Albums view, but it definitely always returns tab #2 to the Albums view.  The other 3 tabs are used for 3 different views and they always restore correctly also.

For the record I'm using these settings:

Tools > Options > Startup > Startup Interface > Location > Last Location
Startup > Mode > Standard View

Brian.

ugee

« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2017, 05:54:54 pm »

You've got something wrong I think.  I've been using MC for Mac since MC20.  I generally use 4 tabs.  Any time I stop and restart MC, all 4 tabs show the views that I last used in them.  For instance, my second tab is always the "Albums" view.  Now, MC does NOT remember what Album I was last looking at in Albums view, but it definitely always returns tab #2 to the Albums view.  The other 3 tabs are used for 3 different views and they always restore correctly also.

For the record I'm using these settings:

Tools > Options > Startup > Startup Interface > Location > Last Location
Startup > Mode > Standard View

Brian.

Thanks a lot. Somehow I misunderstood those settings. I should have filed this request a year ago or so  ;D ... glad that there was this JRiver mailing mentioning the "too easy thread" and even happier that you were there to show me the way. And absolutely code free.  :)

Again: thank you, Brian.

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2017, 07:25:24 pm »

I believe "Null" disables all subtitles, while "Off" will still play forced subtitles.
If that is the case, then I request null be renamed off and off be renamed forced.

-tm

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2017, 08:04:41 pm »

You've got something wrong I think.

It also depends on whether you are using a MC Client or the Server, and whether you load the Server Library by default at startup.

My workstation based MC Client starts with a local Library because I often do testing on local Libraries, and I don't want to wait for the Server to wake and the Client to connect on every MC restart. (The MC Server often goes to sleep while I am playing with stuff, so it needs to be woken most times when I start the Client.)

Anyway, I don't get the previous set of tabs with their previous Views loaded when I open the Server Library from the Client. Usually, I just get the Start tab on the correct number of tabs, with no Views displayed at all.
I made some suggestions about that over here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,112435.msg777507.html#msg777507

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2017, 11:11:25 am »

Hi all — I would like to see any Send To target, default (eg DLNA device) or customized (eg external app), to be available to add as a toolbar item. I use external apps for Lyric tagging and such, and having a 1-click custom toolbar link would be ultra-handy.

Cryptographer

• Recent member
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2017, 09:04:31 am »

My suggestions for the Theater View:
  • Support of the numeric buttons to directly select with the remote a song from a CD/playlist.

• Playlist:
          01 Crazy in Love
          02 Naughty Girl
    Instead of:
          Crazy in Love
          Naughty Girl

• Album list:
          2013 Beyoncé        2016 Lemonade
    Instead of:
          2013 - Beyoncé      2016 - Lemonade

• Display of total playtime. (Every CD player supports that.)

You have already implemented the grey numbers for videos with seasons and episodes, and for its year number. Why not the same for audio.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2017, 10:32:05 am »

You have already implemented the grey numbers for videos with seasons and episodes, and for its year number. Why not the same for audio.

The numbers are not grey by some magic, but Theater View is just configured to be that way - and you can configure any other view like that as well - assuming those actually are separate fields.
So for example, instead of [Year] - [Album], use <font alpha="50">[Year]<//font> [Album] (preferably in "Expression to display")

Open a new thread if you need help how to get it right.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2017, 10:42:43 am »

Add keyboard mnemonics to the PEQ section in the DSP Studio window 

e.g. A for Add, R for remove, U for up, D for down, Y for yes in the confirmation dialog and N for no (or return and esc)

Done

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2017, 11:12:21 am »

When Watching TV and you use the remote to scroll through channels you only see one channel at a time. Windows MCE use to bring up a mini TV Guide at the bottom showing a configurable 2 , 3 or 4 channels which could be scrolled through. This was a great feature and would really make JRiver TV experience much better. currently I have to bring up the whole TV guide with the TV playing in a small window which you cant do if anyone else is watching.

I will put this on my list.  It does not fit in the category of "Too Easy", so it will not be done soon.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2017, 12:10:09 pm »

Add keyboard mnemonics to the PEQ section in the DSP Studio window 

e.g. A for Add, R for remove, U for up, D for down, Y for yes in the confirmation dialog and N for no (or return and esc)

Done

Coming next build:
NEW: Added the keyboard shortcuts U and D to move filters in Parametric Equalizer up and down.
NEW: Added the keyboard shortcut R to remove a filter from Parametric Equalizer.

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2017, 12:40:44 pm »

Add Next Track Button to Mobile Panel

I just started using Panel as my mobile player and it's working well! But I need to be able to skip tracks, at least in landscape mode.

Thanks!

Done

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2017, 06:13:16 pm »

"Right Click --> Stacks --> Advanced --> Create Particle" action is not added to the "Recent command" list

Done
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2017, 06:14:42 pm »

Option to create Chapter Particles (expansion of Playlist Particles but based on the Chapter Time Codes)
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2017, 06:18:36 pm »

Like with local media files being played over DLNA, allow MC to convert the On Line radio URLs via the DSP (to solve compatibility issues) instead of just sending the URL
JRiver CEO Elect

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2017, 03:24:55 am »

Shorcut keys for searching metadata and coverart so that manual scraping could be activated easily from theaterview also. For example season images for series doesn't get downloaded automatically.

BradATIMA

« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2017, 01:12:07 pm »

In the new Panel/WebGizmo navigation interface:

Have the next page and previous page buttons at the top as well as the bottom.
Allow us to see the links to the next 5 pages so we can advance several pages at a time.

In upcoming builds:
Changed: Panel - Next and previous page buttons added to the top of applicable lists as well.
NEW: Panel - Added page jump links below the next and previous page buttons.

BradATIMA

« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2017, 01:31:11 pm »

Add album name to Panel's "playing now" view.

In an upcoming build:
Changed: Panel - Panel will now display the album title in the file list on non-mobile devices.

BradATIMA

« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2017, 01:45:16 pm »

Add Next Track Button to Mobile Panel

I just started using Panel as my mobile player and it's working well! But I need to be able to skip tracks, at least in landscape mode.

In an upcoming build:
Changed: Panel - The next and previous track buttons will show in the playing now bar on mobile devices held in the landscape orientation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up