INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 23.0.61 -- Available Here  (Read 11038 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 23.0.61 -- Available Here
« on: September 21, 2017, 11:26:58 am »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 23.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download standard build
32-bit: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v23/latest/MediaCenter230061.exe (works on all systems)

Download 64 bit build
This is an early build of JRiver Media Center 23 for Windows 64-bit, recommended for advanced users only. You may experience new problems, so please back up your library and settings before installing.
64-bit: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v23/latest/MediaCenter230061-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

23.0.61 (9/19/2017)

1. Changed: Typed navigation in a list puts the first match at the top of the scroll position instead of at the bottom.
2. NEW: "Rename, Move, & Copy" tool has an option for "JTV container folder".  One can select from three options - "Insert a folder using automatically formatted folder name", "Insert a folder using the original folder name", and "Just use the rule above without adding a folder".
3. Fixed: When moving/copying JTV files with the "Rename, Move, & Copy" tool, the destination path might not change after the folder rule is changed.
4. Fixed: Ignoring articles for sorting did not work in 64-bit.
5. Fixed: Album memory playback would load videos into memory instead of only loading audio files.
6. Changed: Upped the cap on memory playback tracks to 30 since it now makes sure it will take less than two gigabytes.
7. Changed: Increased the cap for memory playback track loading to 2GB on 32-bit and 16GB on 64-bit.
8. Changed: If you paste a string of multiple lines into a place where multi-line isn't accepted, it will replace the newlines with our delimiter ( ; ) instead of just removing everything after the newline.
9. Changed: Added the temporary file location specified in Options to the auto-import exclude list.
10. Fixed: When a CD was ripped, the metadata was set to 'unknown'.  This bug was present since build 23.0.51, because of the playback range change in that build.

23.0.60 (9/18/2017)

1. Changed: Album memory playback only loads the album (collection of 15 files or less in Playing Now) if it will take less than 1 GB of memory.
2. NEW: Added the MCWS function Playback/Mute to set the mute state of playback.
3. NEW: Included updated German translation file. (thanks to ByteStar)
4. Changed: Pressing play on an MCE remote while a video is paused in Display View will just resume playback (instead of restarting playback).
5. Fixed: Joke4all.net wasn't working properly in Theater View.
6. Changed: Removed the Onion from Theater View News because it wasn't working.
7. Fixed: GPS Altitude tag in EXIF was not imported correctly if the altitude reference tag was reporting "below sea level".  In those cases an invalid ascii character 0x1 was placed before the altitude value.
8. Changed: Panel - The default volume setting was changed from 50% to 100%.
9. Changed: Panel - The link to Panel in Tools -> Options -> Media Network was updated to Panel and the target link was corrected.
10. Fixed: Panel - Images would not load if there was an invalid XML character in the Altitude tag.
11. Changed: Panel - The home page icons have fixed colors.

23.0.59 (9/15/2017)

1. NEW: WebGizmo - The video player now uses live streaming when playing to the browser, so it should be able to play more video formats. Seeking beyond the buffered portion currently isn't supported.

23.0.58 (9/15/2017)

1. Fixed: Playing a file through the Shell Extension when Media Center was closed would append it to Playing Now in some cases instead of playing it.
2. Fixed: Shell Extension commands when Media Center was already running were being ignored on a 64-bit OS.
3. Fixed: A few timers were not being fired in 64-bit, resulting in loss of functionality in some areas.

23.0.57 (9/15/2017)

1. Fixed: FLAC playback wasn't working properly with the new "Load full album (not decoded) into memory" feature.

23.0.56 (9/15/2017)

1. NEW: Added the memory playback mode "Load full album (not decoded) into memory."  Loads the entire playlist (up to 15 tracks) into memory.
2. Changed: In TV Options, "In over-the-air EPG scan, save programs for channels with empty XMLTV IDs only" is moved to "Guide" section.
3. Changed: In TV Options, "Cleanup time-shifting folders" is moved to "General" section.

23.0.55 (9/14/2017)

1. Fixed: Ripping a Blu-ray could result in Media Center freezing when importing the finished rip.
2. Fixed: Thumbnailing of TV recordings in TS format followed general video setting for thumbnail capture position instead of TV setting.

23.0.54 (9/13/2017)

1. Fixed: A Library Server on the local network could be shown in the tree twice if it was connected through SSL.
2. Changed: Disabled Theater View background artwork lookup from HTBackdrops.org, as it has been unavailable for a while.
3. Changed: Improved TV channel-changing experience.
4. Changed: Included updated German translation file. (thanks to ByteStar)
5. Changed: The program will no longer ask about resuming from a bookmark even if it's configured to ask when it's in no error mode (like when it's connected to a server).
6. Changed: The error box for no tuner available won't be shown when we're in no error mode (like when connected to a server).

23.0.53 (9/11/2017)

1. Changed: Marked the memory playback modes for translation.
2. Changed: Updated Japanese language file (thanks Tsuchiya Kazuo).
3. NEW: Added the right-click command to playing now "Paste Playing Now Image From Clipboard".  This way you can customize the image shown for a device.
4. Changed: Panel - The selected zone is now stored in a cookie and restored when returning to Web Gizmo after navigating away.
5. Changed: Panel - File conversion works on images so incompatible image types should now work on Web Gizmo.
6. Fixed: Tooltip when hovering over the 'Next' button showed 'Next^^Track^^'.

23.0.52 (9/8/2017)

1. Fixed: Media Center could lock up in 23.0.51.
2. Fixed: Converting video to MPEG-2 AutoFPS could fail due to an imprecise framerate.

23.0.51 (9/7/2017)

1. NEW: The shortcut Ctrl+H hides the on screen display (OSD).
2. Fixed: When deleting JTV files, thumbnail/coverart files, ComSkip files, and other sidecar files that were saved in the same folder were not always deleted.
3. Fixed: When deleting TV recordings, thumbnail/coverart files that were saved in separate locations, such as "Cover Art" or "Cover Art\TV Logos" folder, were not deleted.
4. Fixed: Entering a playback range that went to the end of the file (ie. 7:25-) would not update the duration properly.
5. Fixed: Zone Switch would stop playback in other zones and sometimes clear the bookmark unintentionally.
6. Fixed: Tooltips would get run through the translation engine so paths and the like could end up translated.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Cinelder

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 23.0.61 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 11:46:23 am »

Shell integration still isn't working.  Can't import files through Explorer, have to manually import (e.g. drag and drop) or through library update

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 11:54:48 am »

Shell integration still isn't working.  Can't import files through Explorer, have to manually import (e.g. drag and drop) or through library update
explain more....It's working for me unless I'm not understanding
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 12:06:15 pm »

64-bit is working for me but it failed to recognize the license for the 32-bit version and transfer it over.  Entering my reg code worked though.  Also had to swap out the 32-bit VST plugin I was using (Sonarworks) for their 64-bit version which surprisingly just worked.  So far this transition has been too easy.

Cinelder

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 12:23:52 pm »

explain more....It's working for me unless I'm not understanding

Sure.  When in Explorer, right clicking on a folder or a file brings up a Media Center options menu (Play/Add to Playing Now/Replace & Play/Add as Next to Play/Import).

I use the "Import" option often to import particular files or folders into Media Center.  This hasn't been working in recent builds.

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 12:46:52 pm »

5. Fixed: Joke4all.net wasn't working properly in Theater View.
What is... Joke4all.net?
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 12:48:09 pm »

What is... Joke4all.net?

It's one of the news sources in Theater View.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 01:35:10 pm »

MC23 doesn't show in the programs menu, create desktop shortcuts, or show in right click context. Handheld sync doesn't work. Handheld devices don't show up.

patented_licks

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 04:47:57 pm »

Mentioned in this thread is backing up "settings." Is this different than backing up the library? If so, how are settings backed up? Thanks.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 04:58:02 pm »

anybody seeing a problem with opening MC not remembering the size when it was closed, it does open to the tab I closed it but not the size? MC used to remember both size and tab.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 05:07:25 pm »

Mentioned in this thread is backing up "settings." Is this different than backing up the library? If so, how are settings backed up? Thanks.
They are both in the backup.

tvmandan

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 06:09:03 pm »

Using 64 bit version 23.0.6.
There are lots of artefacts in the first dvb-t recording I’ve done with this version.

The issue seems to be the exactly the same as one that was present a few months ago in the 32 bit version and discussed here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,109339.msg758203.html#msg758203

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2017, 06:12:37 pm »

Please try updating before you post in the build thread.

Reboot and power cycle any related equipment.

tvmandan

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2017, 09:46:11 pm »

Using 64 bit version 23.0.6.
There are lots of artefacts in the first dvb-t recording I’ve done with this version.

The issue seems to be the exactly the same as one that was present a few months ago in the 32 bit version and discussed here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,109339.msg758203.html#msg758203

Recording issue seems to be fixed in 23.0.61.

btjr

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2017, 10:12:52 pm »

I installed the 23.0.61 x64 version on my system and now my license says it is a temporary 30 day license, which blew away my license information from the x32 version I upgraded from.  This means I must waste a restore to upgrade from x32 to x64.  I wish I had known about this or I would not have upgraded yet.  Is this a glitch or a feature?

RD James

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2017, 12:53:34 am »

Video playback doesn't seem to be working in JRemote when running the 64-bit build.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2017, 01:55:10 am »

Video playback doesn't seem to be working in JRemote when running the 64-bit build.
android or ios? works fine here on android

Spike1000

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2017, 03:14:18 am »

I installed the 23.0.61 x64 version on my system and now my license says it is a temporary 30 day license, which blew away my license information from the x32 version I upgraded from.  This means I must waste a restore to upgrade from x32 to x64.  I wish I had known about this or I would not have upgraded yet.  Is this a glitch or a feature?

This is by design. You 'used' a license restore rather than 'wasted' one. The number of restores you have available is reset every year. If you happen to use them all up in a 12 month period JR will reset them for you, you just need to ask.

Spike

RD James

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2017, 03:30:21 am »

android or ios? works fine here on android
Oh, iOS. It opens up the player but nothing plays.
Pages: [1]   Go Up