INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: selecting from multiple movie versions in the same ISO file  (Read 1492 times)

cunim

• Recent member
selecting from multiple movie versions in the same ISO file
« on: October 22, 2017, 07:19:41 pm »

Normally, MC23 plays my blu rays fine.  It skips the main disk menu, however, so I do not know if it is playing the director's cut, extended, or other version of the movie.  Usually, these selections are made from the one iso file, as opposed to being different rips so that would seem to be an essential ability to have (selecting which version).  MC just seems to play the first item on the top level menu.  Is that true?

Here's a puzzling example that suggests more is going on.  I am trying to watch Inception.  That has a commented mode ("Extraction") with about an hour of additional commentary.  That mode is third over in the top level menu.  The uncommented version is the first item on the menu.  MC plays extraction.  I have no idea why MC23 is picking the Extraction version, or how to tell it not to.  Similarly, how do I tell it to pick the extended version of some other disks (like Chronicles of Ridick) if I can't see the top level menu. The arrow keys don't seem to offer that option. Anyone?

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: selecting from multiple movie versions in the same ISO file
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 10:01:17 pm »

While the video is playing, right-click and look at the options under Stream in the menu that pops up. You will be able to choose from video and audio streams if there are more than one of each.

cunim

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 08:25:02 am »

Thanks for the reply.  Streams doesn't seem to be handling it.  With some disks I do see a selection of versions, but not with others.  Inception, for example, plays through PDVD with all versions available from the top menu.  Only one version is available using the MC23 streams function, and that is the wrong (commented) version.

cunim

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 06:45:15 pm »

To bring closure to this, it was not resolved.  With some blu rays, MC23 plays the wrong version (eg commented or Spanish dub) from a ripped iso.  The other versions are present (PDVD plays them), but MC does not offer any of these versions as stream options.

I went back to using PDVD on top of MC23. 

PDVD has one other benefit which seems minor but is actually a reasonably big deal.  The playback progress slider in MC is very coarse and it is hard to move back or forward by small amounts.  PDVD has much finer resolution on this slider and you can move in increments of 10 seconds or less - very convenient.

One day, I hope, MC will handle blu ray menus and will improve the progress slider.  Then I can retire PDVD.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 06:56:02 pm »

The volume slider might depend on what audio you've selected.  Internal might work best.  Click on the speaker icon in the upper left to change.

cunim

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 08:44:06 am »

Not the volume slider.  The playback progress slider that appears at the top of the screen when you mouse up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up