INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digital TSRenderStreamsToWriter - failed to build upperstream graph...  (Read 1264 times)

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe

I keep getting the following Error message: Digital TSRenderStreamsToWriter - failed to build upperstream graph...

I thought it was gone in the 64 bit version but apparently not.

We have been watching more ripped TV shows than movies lately so I notice it while watching shows. I actually can't remember it happening during a movie including 3D. All files are MKV ripped in MakeMKV. The error appears to be random. If I keep clicking OK it will keep giving the error then finally go away and continue playing. Sometimes I can then finish the episode sometimes not before getting it again. FWIW the shows we have been watching are GoT S4 and Orphan Black S5.

The error has come up in multiple versions of MC (32 and 64 bit) with different versions of Nvidea drivers and Windows 10 updates. I am using MadVR HQ at pretty low settings. I have not tried using Standard.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Digital TSRenderStreamsToWriter - failed to build upperstream graph...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 08:46:30 am »

Try MC's Red October Standard.  If that works, try MC's Red October HQ.  Don't modify madVR settings.

There have been some driver problems lately.  Try the Weird Problems thread in my signature and start on the last page at the bottom post.

rec head

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 04:27:50 pm »

Just an update: I used Red October Standard for a while and didn't have the error. So I changed back to Advanced with low settings. First night of watching no problems. Second night I got it repeatedly. Switched back to Standard.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 10:59:36 pm »

The error comes from television engine.  It should not be related to playing recorded shows, especially videos in MKV format.

Getting the error while watching an MKV video has to be a coincidence.  The TV engine was trying to do something in the background.  Did you schedule for MC to record some TV shows using a digital tuner?  Did you set up over-the-air EPG scanning?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

rec head

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 08:12:53 am »

Wow. Thanks for the reply. Last night I got the error again while in Standard mode and that was frustrating. Most importantly it frustrates my wife.

I used to use MC for OTA but haven't since my tuner died. I don't think I ever changed any settings after that and it has been at least a year. I will turn off any TV features I can. Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up