INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.205 beta  (Read 8113 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.205 beta
« on: June 24, 2003, 01:41:28 pm »

Please read VERY carefully. This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:    

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here (recommended for experts only):    

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91205.exe  

(backup your library before installing)  

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.    

History  

1. Fixed: Playlist searches didn't work properly with the search wizard.
2. Fixed: "Edit View Scheme" and "Remove View Scheme" did not work.
3. Fixed: Current DVD burn speed was sometimes shown incorrectly.
4. Fixed: Double-click / right-click in Explorer didn't play MC files properly. (no jump to fullscreen, show playing now, shuffle, etc.)
5. Fixed: MC wouldn't remember view settings in Media Library.
6. Changed: When adding to playing now with playback stopped, MC will set the position (and optionally play) the first added file, instead of the file at the original play position.
7. NEW: Missing files now have a special list icon.
8. NEW: Added Location bar to file list view
9. Fixed: Splitter control did not work correctly in file view.
10. Fixed: Tree / right splitter could "creep" left.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Kambriel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • That's all I have to say about that...
Re: Media Center 9.1.205 beta
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 01:51:05 pm »

Still waiting till the tree can be optional instead of along with.
This Space Intentionally Left Blank

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 02:06:54 pm »

- The "quick tag" icon is only useful when working with the panes.
The icon is always viewable (even in playing now, where it doesn't do anything)
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

NoCodeUK

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2003, 02:10:55 pm »

NEW First reported: 23/06/03
Ststus: Open
Visualizations appear to pause for 1/2 a second every 5 seconds.  Happens on all visuals inc. 3d
NEW First reported: 23/06/03
Got an error on install saying MC could not upate hh-portable.dll.  MC was not running at the time...

First Reported: 16/06/03    
5-10 second lag when playing first track.  This only happens with the first track after MC has started. Still there for music files.  Not for image playback  

(Very first time post install still seemed a bit slow but now since then seems okay.  Nice One!)

First Reported: 16/06/03    
Clicking on taskbar icon does not minimize/restore. This is standard windows behaviour    

First Reported: 18/06/03    
There is no longer a button in props to apply changes.  You can click to a new item but this isn't as elegant as it was with a button  

First reported: 23/06/03
Ststus: Fixed
List styles can no longer be changed in either tree view or panes view.  Stuck on automatic.

(This is fixed although changing a list style still resetes the panes.  Any chance that this could not happen?)

Like the new location bar and icons.  Quick tag mode is nice.

Album Thumbnails - Still sorting according to artist rather than album artist and alphabetically.  Now we have Template based fields any chance we could use one of these to sort the album thumbs eg. Album Artist - Year - Album but MC still displays just Album title...

New search wizard icon looks much cleaner

Nice build...much better than yesterday.  Keep it up!!

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2003, 02:12:45 pm »

I agree that the tree should be optional, preferably on a per view scheme basis...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2003, 02:17:44 pm »

Matt;

Any chance of fixing a very old bug ?

I'm talking about the basic TV controls (Ctrl+Shift+Tab) loosing focus while in maximized screen... PRETTY PLEASE.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2003, 02:24:31 pm »

I also opt for a per view scheme of a tree / pane selection!

I also opt for a per view scheme selection of fields to be displayed in properties window!

I also opt for view scheme groups being back!

NoCodeUK

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2003, 02:24:41 pm »

I see you have now removed the resetting the columns to the right when something changes in a column to the left. Please reconsider at least having this as an option on a per view scheme basis.  It is essential for views like Series/Series #/Episode # or any other scheme where the info in the right column is not necessarily directly related to the info in the left.

Adam

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2003, 02:25:18 pm »

the first character is half dissapearing behind the little arrow in the search box when typing a long search string

nila

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2003, 02:27:05 pm »

View scheme GROUPS
and also on a per view basis for tree/panes/both

Both of these are needed :)

Also - a nice feature would be smart import - if it detects files have a specific tag inside of them and the tag doesn't exist inside of MC then it should tell the user it found the tag and ask them if they want to create the field and fill it with the data found :)

Kambriel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • That's all I have to say about that...
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2003, 02:37:07 pm »

Hmmm... lot of requests for view scheme options to be broader... any chance of a 'scheme wizard' that would set a number of options? (Tree/Panes/Both; Confirm dialog options for tag update, file delete, etc; other things that would be desireable to keep with a view and not global... i.e. window positions per view.)

Feel free to move this to a new thread if there's discussion about it.
This Space Intentionally Left Blank

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2003, 02:45:13 pm »

• I see <click to add view> reared its "ugly" little head again ... any way we could take a vote ... NAY!
  • Location Toolbar -- Not a bad idea.  Same with the new Quick Tag
  • Can you make Quick Tag an available icon for hte other toolbars ?
  • Can we get functionality to view "underlying" Playlists in the new vew panes ... currently I can only select the main branch of each playlist group .. no sub-groups or Smartlists
  • Can I get the ability to move the Properties pane to the right side of the screen?
  • BUG - Your new search wizard icon (little down arrow) is overlapping the text in the search windows

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2003, 02:49:11 pm »

Yes, smart import as Nila calls it is badly missing!

If you import image or music files with tags containing user-defined fields, they are not imported unless you create them by hand first for a new library! That's very annoying!

Or at least let the cloning function have a selection to clone the whole database (with all data) or just the database scheme (empty database!

221bBS

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2003, 02:57:52 pm »

While using list-type field, I can't seem to use the grouping level feature in the column properties. Well I can use it but it does nothing...

NoCodeUK

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2003, 02:58:23 pm »

I have started a new thread fr people to put in their ideas for things to extend view schemes.

Adam

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2003, 03:06:42 pm »

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I can't seem to get a horizontal scrollbar on any Smartlist.   Playlists seem fine, but Smartlists don't have them anymore.

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2003, 03:07:13 pm »

KnickelBug #1 - NEW
"Customize Menu Bar" dialog shows wrong icons for new location toolbar when it was started from top or bottom toolbar. When "Customize Menu Bar" dialog was started from new location toolbar, all buttons for top and bottom toolbar are missing.
Starting "Customize Menu Bar" sometimes crashes MC.

KnickelBug #2
Renamed custom fields still are shown as "Custom 1", "Custom 2", "Custom 3" in the library pane "headlines".  

KnickelBug #3 - NEW
"Quick tag" icon should be removed / disabled from new location toolbar for view schemes where it is not useful / accessable (Playing Now, Playlists, MyComputer).

KnickelBug #4 - NEW
At the moment, album thumbnails are always sorted by the first track's artist name and then album name. So for many view schemes they appear not sorted but messed up. In general, they should be sorted for every view scheme like the "Details" (list-) view would be sorted.
It's nice that now only one album thumbnail is shown when there is only one album of an artist. But when this album is selected, there should be a thumbnail for every track...this is not working in media library.

KnickelBug #5
"TRACKINFO_INSERT_YEAR" does not return a value for the track info templates.

KnickelBug #6 - NEW
Using the same background image for all searchbars looks...mmh...very ugly...

KnickelBug #7 - NEW
Just a cosmetic thing: The target bar and the new location toolbar should be drawn one or two pixels higher to allow better centered icons and text.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2003, 03:22:25 pm »

Bug:

Icon mismatch when selecting top/bottom/location toolbar!

dmbfan36

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2003, 03:31:37 pm »

I'm getting this error when I try to play .mpeg and some .wmv files...

DirectShow: No combination of filters could be found to render the stream.

The mpegs play fine in Quicktime and hte WMV plays fine in media player.

LonWar

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2003, 04:13:11 pm »

When ripping a cd, why does it take so long to initialize? about 2-3 min.
Is this a problem with this build or is it a Media Center thing?

Or is this happening to anybody else?
-

gkerber

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2003, 04:29:41 pm »

Still waiting till the tree can be optional instead of along with.

I happen to like the tree/pane method that is in place right now.  I have no objection to making some button to swap between them though, but the method needs to be easily accessible, not buried in a pulldown menu, list option or in the options. Maybe a toggle toolbar item?

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2003, 05:33:14 pm »

Carried over from 6/18/03: Unable to play DVD and related problems:

- If  DVD is inserted while in Media Library view. the files being viewed in Media Library are added to Playing Now and playback of those files is initiated.  DVD is not played even though I confirm desire to play it in response to message box that opens when DVD is inserted in drive.

- If DVD is inserted while in Playing Now view, a message box opens with instructions to "select files to play."

- If I right click on DVD drive in the tree and select "play", I receive an error message that the video cannot be shown because of either "low video memory...," " another application is using display resources....," or "display adapter incompatable with the DVD decoder..."  Clicking "OK" does not close the message box and I have to exit MC via ending the task in Task Manager.  All the DVDs tested play in Power DVD.  

New: "Failed to install package" / "Failed to register object...hh_portable.dll"

Error message appears during MC upgrade to this build.  Sounds similar to that reported by NoCodeUK.

New Request: Action to perform when media is inserted

When option to "rip" cd when media is inserted is selected, ripping starts immediately.  Would prefer the options button to be enabled so that setting could be changed on the fly before ripping is initiated.

New Request: Delete command in shortcut menu in pane view

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2003, 07:05:50 pm »

The location bar is just plain awesome.

And I really like the quick tag button that toggles tagging and browsing mode. There's just one problem with it. Even if you don't have a file selected, the quick tag button will still toggle tagging mode. But then there's no indication that tagging mode is on.

I've also noticed that it's possible to remove the button altogether, and then there's no way to toggle between the two modes.

Because of these two things, I'm wondering if it makes sense to make it a special case button, that's not part of a toolbar (ie. it's always present), and it is either :

1. Lit - to show that tagging mode is on.
2. Unlit - to show that browsing mode is on.
3. Disabled - whenever you're not in Media Library.

Also, I'm wondering if the new location bar is a possible precursor to multi-paned media library/playlist browsing?

Soundman

• World Citizen
  • Go Music!
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2003, 07:46:46 pm »

7. NEW: Missing files now have a special list icon.

Thanks!  I really like this when mobile with my laptop, when much of my library is inaccessible.  Great Feature!

BTW - is this a field?  It would be nice to be able to filter on whether something is missing or not.

sraymond

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2003, 08:22:31 pm »

The "quick tag" has me a little confused.  It would seem that I have to toggle it in order to use the pane tagging (which, I guess, you're calling "quick tagging").

I think the "old" way (strange:  it's only been around a week or so and I'm already calling it old!) was more efficient.  I could go from tagging mode to search mode just by clicking on the <all> column field.

As mentioned by Doof, clicking the quick tag button without selecting a file can cause quite the confusion.  I somewhat agree with his recommendations:

But then I wonder why we need a button to show us tagging is on?  Doesn't the presence of the tags (vice the search glass) tell us this already.  I wonder if it would be better to just go back to the old way, with the added presence of a "tag lock" that functions to keep inadvertant mistagging from taking place.  As for me, I'd leave it unlocked all the time.  I imagine others would leave it locked all the time.

Scott-

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2003, 08:49:26 pm »

I agree that the tree should be optional, preferably on a per view scheme basis...

It's interesting how ppl push their preferences.  And, I'm just wondering how they feel if I suggested them that they can go MC9.1.203 whenever.   ;D  Just kidding.  Anyway, disabling "auto expand tree" is helpful for who like only pane view atm.

New issue.

In tree view, please don't move cursor or entire screen when MC9.1 expands tree.  I want to control how tree appears.  I don't like automatic smart scroll by MC9.1.  :'(  I was thinking the most important aspect of GUI was some straight and consistent policy.  MC9 GUI is just jumping from one to the other.  I wanna something more easy to understand GUI indeed.  Thanks.

And old issues are:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1055971488;start=0#11

Marko

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2003, 10:58:03 pm »

Playlist based view schemes still aren't working here.

Put me down for optional tree/pane views (smart or global is fine with me) and view scheme grouping too.

please:)

-marko

nila

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2003, 11:56:35 pm »

The location bar is just plain awesome.

And I really like the quick tag button that toggles tagging and browsing mode. There's just one problem with it. Even if you don't have a file selected, the quick tag button will still toggle tagging mode. But then there's no indication that tagging mode is on.

I've also noticed that it's possible to remove the button altogether, and then there's no way to toggle between the two modes.

Because of these two things, I'm wondering if it makes sense to make it a special case button, that's not part of a toolbar (ie. it's always present), and it is either :

I agree with this - the new tagging method is a great feature. Dont hide it with a tiny little button.

Make a big bold seperate button that stands out and is easy to click and spot and taste and mmmm :)
Right now there is: Tagging/Browsing - some people seem to like the original way u had - how about possibly: Tagging/Browsing/Matt's Smart Way

• Now with EVEN MORE buttons (not complaining - I like buttons) but it really is becoming impossible to keep track of what is what - we need some way of customising which buttons have text and which dont.
  • Location toolbar is a great little feature - I got excited though when I read it thinking u meant an address bar - This is something I'd LOVE to see for the 'My Computer' view.

Bugs
  • Bottom Toolbar has no icons available for it.
  • Right clicking on the top toolbar to customise it crashes MC.
  • Showing wrong icons for the toolbar buttons

nila

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2003, 12:32:31 am »

Bugs
  • Editing view schemes is playing up when I try to change the column types - not always changing, also when I'm clicking on different views it's not changing - fixed it by restarting MC.
  • Pre-created Calculated fields cannot be edited - I want to change : Year - Album  to Year - Album - Completed album    - Not letting us edit the original just means the number of fields created is going to go ridiculas fast :)

Problems
  • Narrow colums like: Year, Artist (grouped), Album (grouped) are still taking up as much space as some of my wider fields (artist, album) causing some of my wider fields to not fit and have the text get cut off.
  • When creating templates ([album] [track #] etc - we need to have a right click option that lists ALL possible values that can be used. Expecting us to know/remember them all is unrealistic.

nila

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2003, 12:56:25 am »

Requests
Would like to be able to 'Copy' and 'Paste' View schemes.

I have two view schemes:
- Soundtracks
- Compilations

I want them to both be identical except for the search criteria (set by folder name to seperate the info displayed in each).

I'd love to just be able to create one then instantly create a duplicate view scheme which I can then just tweak slightly :)

• - On 'Add Colum' - just like in the options screen - could we have it seperated into default ones and the ones we create - it'd make it easier to manage. It's getting huge :)

mijkuf

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2003, 01:37:56 am »

Carried over from 6/18/03: Unable to play DVD and related problems:New: "Failed to install package" / "Failed to register object...hh_portable.dll"
Error message appears during MC upgrade to this build.  Sounds similar to that reported by NoCodeUK.

This happened to me as well, while upgrading from build 203.

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2003, 02:43:25 am »

Hi,

MC (205) crashes when switching libraries and clicking on Media Library.

C

Media Center Registered 9.1.205 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1195 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 256 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.70 , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2001 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.70

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W224E           Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:10  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2003, 03:28:47 am »

When resizing the mega-me skin horizontally, if you shrink it enough, Media Core crashes. I tried with the included Skins, crashed with all of them. Happens every time.

[size=0]System Info

AMD Athlon 1533 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 214 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
[/size]

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2003, 03:46:17 am »

I've been away for a few days so have only just tried the 205 build. Here's my current bug list:

• New - Date Opened: 2003/06/25  Priority: Low
    Surfin' Juke appears on the task bar icon for the Confirm Action, Downloading plugin and Information dialogs.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/06/25  Priority: High
    When you click on the Portable Drives plugin you get an error message saying 'Cannot create plug-in 'Portable Drives''. When you try to install the 9.0.33 plugin you get the error message 'Failed to install package. More info: Failed to register object. C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\Plugins\hh_portable.dll. URL: http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/mc_data/plugins/hh_ipod.zip.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/06/17  Priority: Low
    I set the position of the divider between the top and bottom right hand panes under the Playing Now view. I then switch to Media Library and then back to Playing Now and find that the divider has moved up slightly on the screen.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/19  Priority: High
    The Month and Date are not read from images where the EXIF date is set to 2002:01:01 00:00:00. The Date(month) and Date(day) are both listed as unassigned. This date was set on a number of photos from a colleague's camera where he had changed the battery and forgot to set the clock. Update: MC9.1 incorrectly displays the EXIF date in the Format window as 2002 when other software correctly reports it as 2002:01:01 00:00:00.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/19  Priority: High
    When you first view the Extended file info only Album Artist, Composer, Image File, Keywords, Lyrics and Notes are displayed. You can only get the other Extended fields to appear by changing the bottom left pane to a different view then back to File Info.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: High
    When you add a new value to a tag using the File Info pane, the top pane does not update to show that value. For example, I added Phil in the People field and this did not automatically appear in the People column. I had to switch to a different view scheme and go back to the original view scheme for the update to be displayed.

Yangus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2003, 04:28:09 am »

Annoyance - Changing list style takes you back to the top of the tree so you have navigate all the way back to where you were. Not sure if this has been up before.

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2003, 05:11:29 am »

this version guys is great and the new location bar specially the new quick tag button which is not working for sure in the playing now window,
and i suggest something:
why not making a new window that pops up when selecting many files and press the new edit button to allow us edit many files in the same time

by the way the icons in this new bar are so big they must be smaller or the bigging the pane they are on

oh man!! the panes of the new tagging system still reseting!
Tamer

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2003, 06:41:41 am »

Don't know if this has been brought up yet but when in panel view and perhaps others, changing the List style wipes out my current view. I think the records selected should be independent of how they are viewed. In otherwords, I'd like to be able to change how I look at files without having to reselect them.

Not too sure what the big deal is with the "Click to Add New" option in view schemes. It is refreshingly "at your fingertips" as opposed to buried somewhere, I guess people are clicking on this by accident thinking it is a view scheme?

Likewise with the Tree/Panel. Seems pretty easy for me to concentrate on either side of my screen depending on what I want to do. Also, the "tree view" doesn't even show up until you need it (i.e. expand it), and once you click on something in that view the panels go away. I like it the way it is, however, I wouldn't mind an option as long as one of the options would be to not have an option.  :)

nila

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2003, 07:25:26 am »

Just wanted to say - after the format have been playing a bit with the re-install.

With the new method of the tree's not opening I dont mind it how it is now.

Makes it easy to use panes but also lets us use the tree if we want.

How do we tag with the panes though if using the tree to navigate?

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2003, 07:36:34 am »

When I first installed 205 I got a...

Media Jukebox has encounter an error & must be shut down message.  I ignored it & MC came up & has been running ok.

However now all my PDF files will not open in Acrobat Reader.  Windows keeps trying to install a Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer.msi which it can not find.  It is also not on my Win XP Pro disc either.

There is a Windows Journal Viewer folder under C:\Programs Files but the missing Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer.msi is not one of the files.

I tried to re-install 205 & got the same Media Jukebox has encounter an error & must be shut down message.

I reinstalled 204 which went in ok without the error message but I still can't read PDF files.  Each time I try to bring one up I get the whole Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer.msi message all over again as Windows trys to install it.

What has happened & how do I fix it.   ? ?
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

dmbfan36

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2003, 08:11:25 am »

I'm getting this error when I try to play .mpeg and some .wmv files...

DirectShow: No combination of filters could be found to render the stream.

The mpegs play fine in Quicktime and hte WMV plays fine in media player.

A little more on this... I tried to reinstall 205, still get it...  It's wierd.. MC will show the thumbnails for the .wmv and .mpg files, but everytime you try to play any of them you get the direct show error.   .RAM files playback fine.

<EDIT>
FIXED!... a reinstall of DirectX did the trick.. not sure how it got messed up...

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2003, 09:01:14 am »

HTTP Streaming
Most MP3-based radio stations will not stream properly and sound corrupted.  After attempting to play a radio
stream, MC9 has to be restarted for any MP3 to play normally.
Toast goes in the toaster.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2003, 09:16:19 am »

A Suggestion:  Normally I never want MC9 to change the tag info in a file so I have that option disabled.  However, on occasion, I do want to update tags from MC9.  It'd be nice if there was an option in the File Info Properties to write it to the file as well as the database.

Possibly a bug:  I was updating the tag in a very large mp3 (139 megs) and I moved the Updating dialog to the edge of my screen so I could keep an eye on it since it was taking awhile.   After it finished and I tried to go back to the main MC9 screen, the dialog started shrinking as if I were dragging that side with my mouse although the mouse pointer didn't show that I was doing that.   If I moved the mouse inside the window at all, that one side would close in.  I made it stop by clicking outside of MC9 and then clicking back in and re-sizing the window back the way it was.  Strange.
Toast goes in the toaster.

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2003, 09:27:50 am »

I'm getting the same errors as Shelley...

- If  DVD is inserted while in Media Library view. the files being viewed in Media Library are added to Playing Now and playback of those files is initiated.  DVD is not played even though I confirm desire to play it in response to message box that opens when DVD is inserted in drive.  

- If DVD is inserted while in Playing Now view, a message box opens with instructions to "select files to play."  

- If I right click on DVD drive in the tree and select "play", I receive an error message that the video cannot be shown because of either "low video memory...," " another application is using display resources....," or "display adapter incompatable with the DVD decoder..."  Clicking "OK" does not close the message box and I have to exit MC via ending the task in Task Manager.  All the DVDs tested play in Power DVD

I am using PowerDVD also. Drive is a Sony DRX-500ULX (aka DRU-500).

10-27

Marty3d

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2003, 01:02:25 pm »

- Add view scheme shouldn't show if you right click a scheme
- If you sort the Playing now and play next song, the list restores to Seq sorting. Could you at least bring the 9.0 functionality, so the list doesn't change sort order until you leave/come back to Playing now? The best would be if Playing now followed the other views functionality with real Sticky views.
- Playing Now. The current song goes out of the currently viewed files whenever sorting is changed by MC, not the user (see above case).

Glad to be a beta tester again,
/Martin

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2003, 01:10:59 pm »

- If I right click on DVD drive in the tree and select "play", I receive an error message that the video cannot be shown because of either "low video memory...," " another application is using display resources....," or "display adapter incompatable with the DVD decoder..."  Clicking "OK" does not close the message box and I have to exit MC via ending the task in Task Manager.  All the DVDs tested play in Power DVD

I'm getting the same error.

It works fine with PowerDVD

Intel Pentium 4 2605 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 172 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008)

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive G: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-105    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2003, 01:11:23 pm »

MC crashes when I drag the middle vertical divider all the way to the right.  Don't ask me why I would want to do that.
:)

matshif

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2003, 01:22:31 pm »

Problems with Video files in 9.1.205 beta

Under the Video Icon, in the tree, I have Artist/Genre/Album but only my audio files. The same files as under the audio Icon above.  :-/

As far as I can see I can only find my Video files under Playlists>Auto Smartslists>Size --small display size.
They are playing well but it would be nice to have them in the place where they should be.

I haven't noticed this before, in other betas. I must say I haven't play this files for same times so I don't known for sure if this came with the last build.

Me or a bug?

/Mats

nrappin

• nothing more to say...
Some smartlist and property bugs
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2003, 01:26:23 pm »

Not sure if this is a bug or intended but new behavior in 205.  It seems like the last played value "never played" is now sorting as lower than any thing that has actually played, rather than higher.  This is annoying for example, because a smartlist filter that was removing anything played in the last week (last played < 10000) is now also removing anything that has never been played.

Also, the Auto Smartlists for Recently Imported today and this week seem not to be working in .205.   And the "Top Hits -- haven't heard for over a year" is giving a list of all songs that have been played, while "Top Hits -- listented to today" is giving the list of songs that have not been played.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up