INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC hangs when pushing the STOP Button During playback of RadioParadise  (Read 1203 times)

mikefour

• Junior Woodchuck

First thank you very much for adding playing the next song feature it is a very user friendly feature.

There are two possible bugs while using the streaming feature of RadioParadise.

1. The program hangs when pushing the STOP button during streaming RadioParadise.
2. The new feature of navigating to the next track while pushing the NEXT button rarely works. There is a specific combination of pressing keys (like pause->Next etc.) which I still haven't figure out yet that will make it navigate to the next song but most of the time it stays on the current song.

To replicate one behavior please do the following:
1. Start RadioParadise
2. Wait until it starts the first song
3. Push the NEXT button
4. In my situation it never play the next song and remains in the current FIRST song

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

The trick with Radio Paradise is to wait at least a minute and a half after the first track starts playing before trying to Stop playback or Skip to the next track.

The first track starts playing in about 10 to 15 seconds, but before you can stop the track, or skip to the next, MC needs to finish what it is doing in the background, including downloading more information about following tracks from the site.

Maybe the Stop function could be improved so that it works immediately, but the Skip function is always going to have a lead time to download the following tracks. That is why I liked it when the functionality downloaded 5 tracks initially, as you could see and Skip to the next tracks. But that isn't allowed for licensing reasons, so now we just get one track at a time. Maybe that could be improved, with information for 5 tracks being downloaded in the background initially.

BTW the Stop function doesn't permanently hang MC. It just hangs for a short while and then recovers.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

mikefour

• Junior Woodchuck

I don't have problem to wait for a Minute and a Half to be able to skip to the next track, but is there a reason that anytime that I press the stop button I need to wait about 20-30 seconds until it stopped and meanwhile the busy windows circle is active and MC is completely non responding to anything?

Please consider this as Feature Request to be able to push the STOP button and that the program responds immediately to this command.

Thank you

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

I agree the Stop button issue should be fixed.

We'll have to wait to see what JRiver say or do about it. They will have read this thread though so are aware of the issue.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

mikefour

• Junior Woodchuck

Thank you RoderickGI  :)

mikefour

• Junior Woodchuck

And I have discovered another issue and it looks like that it is related to the same problem:

If it plays RadioParadise and you start playing a Local file by issuing the two MCWS command:
1. http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Playback/ClearPlaylist
2. http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayByFilename?Filenames=TheFile.flac for example then it hangs again for about 30 Seconds before it plays the file. Which is probably due to the ClearPlaylist command?

mikefour

• Junior Woodchuck

Could someone from JRiver staff will be able to comment if it is going to be fixed. It is very annoying to wait for a Stop command to execute. Sometime it takes 30 seconds until it is running. I think that the Pause command exhibit the same behavior of the Stop command.

Thank you

runes

• Recent member

I also experience this problem.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Radio Paradise is a work in progress.  We're not finished.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

It can be a little slow to start a Radio Paradise track.  One improvement coming soon is that memory playback disables for URLs, which should make playback start a lot faster if you have this enabled.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

runes

• Recent member

It can be a little slow to start a Radio Paradise track.  One improvement coming soon is that memory playback disables for URLs, which should make playback start a lot faster if you have this enabled.
It would be nice if it will be a user selectable option that URL playback disables or not disable memory playback. Some purists will be happy if URL playing now track will load into memory regardless if it takes more time to load the URL into memory.
Could you please add this option to the program options.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up