INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA/UPNP Settings in MC24  (Read 2428 times)

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
DLNA/UPNP Settings in MC24
« on: June 18, 2018, 03:10:17 pm »

MC 24 has seemed so buggy to me streaming to my DLNA device.  Lots of crashes, play stopping at end of songs, and stuttering.  I finally decided to try something which was unchecking "disable setnext support" which I had to check in previous MC versions to prevent stopping and which said setting autoimports from previous MC versions (a nice upgrade feature BTW).  Now, for the last three hours everything has been working quite well with a variety of music files and bitrates - everything from MP3 192 to FLAC. 

Question: are there new recommended settings for using a DLNA in MC24 vs previous players?  I would sure like to setup MC24 once and not feel like this is a ongoing project to keep it working correctly. 

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DLNA/UPNP Settings in MC24
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 03:36:26 pm »

Your DLNA device (the Renderer) may say it supports SetNext, but it may not.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 03:55:51 pm »

What is the renderer?

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 06:06:36 pm »

What is the renderer?

Sony SMP-N200 Streaming Media Player - had for many years.     

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-SMP-N200-Streaming-Media-Player/dp/B005MR6CNK

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 11:16:01 am »

Sony SMP-N200 Streaming Media Player - had for many years.     

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-SMP-N200-Streaming-Media-Player/dp/B005MR6CNK
We have a N100. It supports SetNext but the transitions aren't totally gapless. This is a common trait of most Sony Renderers.
I do seem to be able to generate an issue with SetNext turned off related to not getting transport events. Sometimes it seems the renderer doesn't send one back and we end up in a loop waiting for a stop event.
You can use the controller option "Disable Transport Events (use polling)" to deal with that.

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 02:17:41 pm »

We have a N100. It supports SetNext but the transitions aren't totally gapless. This is a common trait of most Sony Renderers.
I do seem to be able to generate an issue with SetNext turned off related to not getting transport events. Sometimes it seems the renderer don't send one back and we end up in a loop waiting for a stop event.
You can use the controller option "Disable Transport Events (use polling)" to deal with that.

Thanks! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up