INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: high pitched reverb sound on MP3 playback  (Read 693 times)

these2boots

high pitched reverb sound on MP3 playback
« on: November 20, 2018, 09:14:22 pm »

i have the latest build installed.

I don't playback MP3's that often since my library Nas imploded so i do not know how long this issue has been present.  Usually i am playing spotify through the WDM driver and all is great.

So, if i play any mp3, flac or whatever "music" file in jriver, it sounds like total crap. high pitched sounds almost like a reverb hiss, if that makes any sense at all.

if i play back via something else, like windows media player (again thru WDM) it sounds fantastic.

anyone have a clue? this is driving me nuts.

i have shut off all dsp settings and restarted. the sound is always there on mp3 playback, but only if jriver is actually playing the mp3, flac, etc.

AC3 files however, and movies have crystal clear sound even if it is a music montage scene.

HAAAAAALLLLPPP!!! haha,

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: high pitched reverb sound on MP3 playback
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 02:45:28 am »

What does the audio path say:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Path

Spike

these2boots

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 01:45:53 pm »

after more testing disabling everything in DSP studio i have come to the conclusion the sound anomaly is happening in the conversion from 2 to 6 channels. it only occurs in the rear speakers (and only when playing music file from jriver itself).

when playing from windows media player through jriver's DSP via the WDM driver, everything sounds great through the same effects. So does music streaming from spotify.

i have had the exact setup for years and while i haven't played a local audio file in a few months, it has always worked fine.

The only time the high frequency distortion happens playing a local audio file (not a movie file, they sound great) and Psuedo Surround is ticked in DSP studio.  These are settings i have used for years.

the only change is upgrading from MC22 to MC24

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 02:42:18 pm »

sounds like a driver issue....MC22 then to MC24....any chance you changed to the 64bit
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

these2boots

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 04:52:33 pm »

yes, 64 bit.

i'm to the point of trying an uninstall/reinstall. i just have to figure out how to back up my equalizer settings as i hate losing them. i wish they were stored in the library backup.

4 jumping cats

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 04:55:36 pm »

Is your audio driver 64 bit as well - at least I think that is what is ~OHM~ is referring to. Sounds to me that you have some crosstalk going on between the speaker outputs.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 05:15:36 pm »

Uninstalling MC won't help.  Driver is a possibility.  But try powering everything down and back up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up