INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ignored Questions  (Read 500 times)

swiv3d

Ignored Questions
« on: November 21, 2018, 06:27:22 pm »

If I have an obscure and dare I say it a tv recording problem, then everyone is on it - but if I  have a but but, I don't know what to do question, it is often ignored.

New users who don't understand the complexities of the MC framework  are frequently left hanging - this is not a long term viability approach. - Just my observations!

Must say JimH dropping in now and then helps , but a new user doesn't  know that JimH is the CEO of the company. My  point is please direct at least as much attention to the apparently basic questions that newbies havel

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Ignored Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 06:34:04 pm »

I think that people do try to help new users as much as they do long time users. 

It's just that sometimes the questions can be so poorly expressed or the necessary answers so lengthy, that nobody replies.

Not all questions can be answered. 

Many questions could be solved by searching on Google.

And so on.

On the whole, I think the forum works pretty well.

swiv3d

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 06:48:49 pm »

JimH you are as always most refined and dignified but I must say that new users bewildered by the complexity of the MC system are being ignored in preference to those complex problems. I remember when I first encountered MC and it was a high learning curve. I just feel that those individuals who were at my point of non pluxedissivety and who couldn't progress needed support from the community no matter how simple the problem really was. Negative feedback.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 08:34:34 pm »

Go for it swiv3d. Answer more newbie questions!

While all newbies have a steep learning curve, some are very hard to help. Also, the basics are in the Wiki, and from that key concepts can be learned, which then enables intelligent searching of the forum. So there is a lot of online help.

So newbies, please help us to help you by helping us understand what you want, need, or don't understand. Plus do some research and learning first, if you can. Simple.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

swiv3d

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 10:43:45 pm »

Sorry Rod! Just hate to see those zeroes in the responses to silly newbie questions

Spike1000

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 03:31:14 am »

That's the reason the tutorial videos in my footer. . . My stab at getting the beginners started and sooooo much quicker than answering questions. They are one take videos so they don't take long to make. I have a dream that one day someone will do some better ones (or at least some different subjects. .  WDM, DSP, VSTs, HDMI audio, Muti-channel, 4K and Zones come to mind).  :)

Spike
Pages: [1]   Go Up