INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Control?  (Read 800 times)

bds42

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Control?
« on: May 27, 2003, 05:46:00 pm »

Question: I'm planning to setup Media Center on a machine connected to my net and my stereo.  I have some wireless webpads around the house and I'm wondering if there is a way to control Media Center via a browser on those machines?  Has someone created an HTTP interface yet?  

Thanks for any info,

bds42

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Control?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 06:23:19 pm »

In one of the posts near the top, there are some links to Glissando and Netremote.

Webremote is obsolete now, but RemoteServer is built-in to MC.  It's set in tools/options/startup settings.  Once it's running, you can connect to it from the programs above or from a web browser.  If you don't use port 80 to serve on, you'll need to add a colon and the port number to the address of your server.

Searching here should find more info.

nila

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2003, 02:08:55 am »

Jim,
Is there any work lined up to be done on the web remote??

A few simply changes that could literally all be done within the span of a couple of hours would totally bring the html interface back to life and totally re-do it's useability.
It could be increased hugely.

I'd be more than happy to submit a html layout that I personally think would be 1000 times more effecient. We could get user feed back to see if they agreed too.

The current page layout just makes for way way too much navigating from page to page to do even simple tasks.

Any chance? Pretty please?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2003, 03:45:17 am »

WebRemote is obsolete.  Maybe you mean the built-in server which we call RemoteServer.  No plans to modify the output, but other programs can use it.  Take a look at NetRemote and Glissando.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up