INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie questions  (Read 998 times)

Dennis in FL

• Galactic Citizen
Newbie questions
« on: April 02, 2019, 02:55:42 pm »

Help!

I'm very new to JRiver......and have a few newbie questions.   

Not sure if I need a HTPC.   Currently have an iMac desktop in another room with MS25 (and also have a laptop with MS25 as a client).     

I ripped one DVD (an old Perry Mason) with both Wondershare & Brorsoft trial software.  Only one of them worked....but I was able to add it to the library.

I have an LG OLED and a Marantz receiver in my HT and I was able to stream the Perry video to the TV and a FLAC audio album to the Marantz.  (that is really cool!).
Since that's all I want to do......I was wondering about the quality.   Can I stream 4K, Dolby vision, Atmos, etc to the LG?   Or do I need a seperate HTPC?   If I need a PC...can you recommend a reasonable priced one?   I have a mini-Dell with HDMI out but it is about 6 years old and probably doesn't have an HDMI for the latest stuff.

Everything is hard wired to ethernet except the iMac with the server.   It is currently on WiFi and can be hard wired fairly easily if that makes a difference. 

Also need recommendations for ripping software - I have maybe 30% DVD 50% Blue Ray and a handful of the 4K/DV/UHD newer BluRays

Thanks !!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up