INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.164 available here  (Read 3566 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.164 available here
« on: April 29, 2003, 02:06:37 pm »

Media Center 9.0.164 is available.  

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90164.exe

History

1. Fixed: If sorting was using a library field that was no longer present, MC could crash.
2. Fixed: Several problems in auto rip/play mode that could cause MC to crash.
3. Fixed: When ripping, CD's are now ejected as they're completed rather than at the end of the entire ripping session.
4. Fixed: Media Center did not work correctly if both WWW & Proxy authorizations were required to connect to Media Server.
5. Changed: Audio Analysis stops analyzing after encountering several errors in a row.
6. Changed: A few changes to audio analysis that may help leaks reported on some machines.
7. NEW: Introduced new help file. (work in progress -- no links in the program are hooked up)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

fex

Re: Media Center 9.0.164 available here
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2003, 02:14:32 pm »

... 6. Changed: Audio Analysis stops analyzing after encountering several errors in a row.

No. I'm in a test right now! :o

Over 750 and counting. Let it run as far as it gets (and the fan works...).

lukecro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • editorial, publishing
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2003, 02:32:40 pm »

The latest builds are no longer allowing me to play (or rip very well) CDs using digital playback. I've had problems with this before (beginning with MJ8), and had the problem solved before (last month a MC9 registry edit did the trick), but now it's back, and past solutions are no longer working. It looks as if I'm not the only one with the problem (although, admittedly, there only seem to be a few of us), but there has yet to be a solution proposed . . . here's the current thread:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=beta;action=display;num=1051541124

Here's my old thread:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=beta;action=display;num=1047502145;start=11

NoCodeUK

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2003, 03:00:08 pm »

I know you cannot please all of the people all the time but it ... it seems now you have changed the sort order for the album grouping that in a view scheme like the decade view scheme if this is set to group by album you don't get albums by the same artist next to each other...Isn't this slightly counter intuitive?  Couldn't it be instead that it sorts by album only on a various artists album or that it sorts by Album Artist then Album?  To sort by album first just seems a bit bizarre when a view scheme contains more than one artist.  I cannot foresee any time when I would not want all the albums by an artist to appear next to each other. What would be even better would be to sort by Artist then Album then Year but I guess that is for Version 9.1 ;D

Adam

UPDATE: If this has to be changed to satisfy those people who didn't like the previous way could the previous way at least be an option?
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Seviien

• World Citizen
  • SteveG for President! :)
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2003, 03:45:53 pm »

I kinda agree with NoCodeUK ...
Having albums by the same artist in multiple places seems a little awkward.  Sorting by album artist then artist would seem to make the most sense...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2003, 04:02:10 pm »

Please move the Sorting Wars to a new thread.  We'll try to get it right, but I don't want the bug thread to get too far off track.

Thanks,

Jim

Dan Da Man

• World Citizen
  • I rule da-Man.com!
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2003, 04:40:01 pm »

As of the latest build available on Sunday (I think 161) this bug did not show up:

When I went to CDs, DVDs and Handhelds and selected my CD player, it gave me an error "Failed to find any CD=R/W devices on your system".  It continued to recognize the disc and let me rip it.  It gave me the error numerous times, including after the ripping was done.

I think somebody else posted a similar problem a day or two ago.  My drive is a CD-ROM only for my Dell Inspiron, but the drive is manufactured by Toshiba.

Otherwise,

Thanks,

Dan "da Man"

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2003, 04:56:33 pm »

doing a find and replace of album name  is not changing the album name in the album scheme.  the album name changes in the Properies, but not in the scheme.

Update.. Did I full update of Tags, and the album names and the Scheme names are diferent.. What's going on??
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

Azure

• Recent member
  • Bling!
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2003, 05:38:17 pm »

I'm more grateful every day that I paid for this program.  You guys are doing an awesome job, so thank you.  Try not to get too caught up in the negativity of wishlists and complaints, it's an amazing thing you're doing here.

Just glad I can be a very tiny part of it.  :P

dmbfan36

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
No way to kill server while client is connected?
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2003, 05:42:49 pm »

I noticed this in 163... if TiVo is playing music there's no way to close down Media Server.... even if you click "yes" on the "A client is currently connected" (or whatever) dialog box...  it just goes to a "waiting for client to disconnect" message... the only way to kill Media Server is to stop the tivo... Then come and retry to close it...

Holden

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2003, 05:50:40 pm »

I reported that earier versions were automatically importing files regardless of how the option was set. Now - 164 - files are not automatically imported regardless of how the option is set.

Media Center Registered 9.0.164 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows Me
Intel Pentium 4 1492 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 214 MB
Resource Info: System - 29 %, GDI - 52 %, User - 29 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive H: MATSHITA CD-RW  CW-7586     Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
...happy to be among such a great bunch of members. Holden

jeffh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2003, 06:03:33 pm »

As of the latest build available on Sunday (I think 161) this bug did not show up:

When I went to CDs, DVDs and Handhelds and selected my CD player, it gave me an error "Failed to find any CD=R/W devices on your system".  It continued to recognize the disc and let me rip it.  It gave me the error numerous times, including after the ripping was done.

I think somebody else posted a similar problem a day or two ago.  My drive is a CD-ROM only for my Dell Inspiron, but the drive is manufactured by Toshiba.

Otherwise,

Thanks,

Dan "da Man"

I am seeing this also... And it is really a anoying.

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1152 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1015 MB, Free - 517 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929)wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

jeffh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Auto rip mode still broken
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2003, 07:45:09 pm »

Problems that I have seen with auto rip mode with this build:

1) First CD shows up with boxes next to the names. Next 2 CDs showed up with just the names in the rip window

2) After the second CD was ejected I inserted the 3rd CD. It tried to download the cover art for the last CD and then ejected the new CD without ripping.

3) After I clicked done to stop the loop of download cover art/ eject CD I looked at the secure rip log. It is a little strange. It knows the name of the first CD, but after that it seems to think all the tracks belong to that CD. Below is the log.

-------------------------
Secure Rip Log created at 20:42:25  Tuesday, April 29, 2003

The quality percentage is the ratio of the minimum number of re-reads
to the actual number of re-reads of the CD data sectors.

D: Life's Rich Pageant - R.E.M.
     Track  1: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [Begin The Begin]
     Track  2: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [These Days]
     Track  3: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [Fall On Me]
     Track  4: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [Cuyahoga]
     Track  5: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [Hyena]
     Track  6: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [Underneath The Bunker]
     Track  7: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [The Flowers Of Guatemala]
     Track  8: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [I Believe]
     Track  9: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [What If We Give It Away]
     Track  10: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [Just A Touch]
     Track  11: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [Swan Swan H.]
     Track  12: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [Superman]
     Track  1: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [Begin The Begin]
     Track  2: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [These Days]
     Track  3: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [Fall On Me]
     Track  4: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [Cuyahoga]
     Track  5: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [Hyena]
     Track  6: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [Underneath The Bunker]
     Track  7: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [The Flowers Of Guatemala]
     Track  8: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [I Believe]
     Track  9: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [What If We Give It Away]
     Track  10: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [Just A Touch]
     Track  11: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [Swan Swan H.]

----------

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1152 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1015 MB, Free - 517 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929)wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

naven_r_johnson

• Recent member
  • don't take any wooden nickles...
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2003, 07:56:57 pm »

DWAnderson: 1. When playing http://www.otrnow.com/tunein/otrnowlive.wax and hitting the stop button I get a "Program Error" dialog saying "Media Jukebox.e.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows." and MC crashes.

I cannot reproduce this behaviour.  This station plays, and can then be stopped and played again without error.
DWAnderson: 2. Attempting to play certain streaming web audio, e.g. NDR 2 pops up the full screen interface when playing. Reconnecting from the main screen by hitting play does not cause this problem.  

I do not know what NDR 2 is (NPR 2?), but i believe i know what you mean.  I have experienced the annoyance of full screen opening even when there is nothing to display. (I recall someone explaining that there was no way to know whether certain streaming file types have displays (John G?).)  I changed this behavior by changing Options/General/Behavior/Jump on Play: to NONE.  Give that a try.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
Re: No way to kill server while client is connecte
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2003, 08:17:42 pm »

I noticed this in 163... if TiVo is playing music there's no way to close down Media Server.... even if you click "yes" on the "A client is currently connected" (or whatever) dialog box...  it just goes to a "waiting for client to disconnect" message... the only way to kill Media Server is to stop the tivo... Then come and retry to close it...

Hi dmbfan36,

You are right, but I haven't put much effort into this because I eventually want to merge the TiVo code with the existing server code, and then this will be handled fine.

In the meantime, <ctrl><alt> and kill Media Server with the task manager. Ugly, but it works.

j>

Marty3d

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2003, 11:12:42 pm »

Had MC running over the night with a smartlist that stopped after 70 minutes. This morning I tried to change the volume, but the slider went down to 4% whatever I tried to do. The only thing I could do was to restart MC...

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2003, 11:32:16 pm »

Some issues:

1)  I don't have a CD/RW drive in my office machine but I do have a DVD drive.

Everytime I click on "CD, DVD & Handhelds" or the "Compact Disc (D:)" item I get the error "Failed to find any CD-R/W devices on your system" popup twice.

2)  On Windows 2000 the background/border of a tab control being skinned, ala AlbumView, is all black.

3) In the Media Library in details view when I right-click on a track the whole screen gets repainted which makes it flicker which is really ugly on my large monitor.   This only happens when in skinning mode though.

4)  When playing a video file and I bring up the right-click menu the menu is not popping at the mouse position.   The position it appears at seems to be dependant on the aspect ratio chosen.

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 1694 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 209 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.4718 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2003, 12:08:48 am »

Two minor bugs:

- Playlist filters based on Smartlists are not updated at the end of each song. eg: I have a smartlist with the rule lastplayed=<120. I use this to ensure that no music that has been played in the last two hours can be played again.

- If I have the following values in a delimited field: "Apple; Banana; Cherry" and I set up a view scheme to put a grouping of 2 on the delimited field, I SHOULD get the following

- Field
     -  A - B
          - Apple
          - Banana
     -  C - D
          - Cherry

instead, I get:

- Field
     -  A - B
          - Apple
          - Banana
          - Cherry
     -  C - D
          - Apple
          - Banana
          - Cherry

ie: it lists every value that exists in a field if at least one of the values qualifies for the grouping.

That's it for now :)

P.
"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2003, 04:59:08 am »

- Playlist filters based on Smartlists are not updated at the end of each song. eg: I have a smartlist with the rule lastplayed=<120. I use this to ensure that no music that has been played in the last two hours can be played again

This should have changed in 9.0.164.  It's working for me.

If I have the following values in a delimited field: "Apple; Banana; Cherry" and I set up a view scheme to put a grouping of 2 on the delimited field, I SHOULD get the following...

Grouping on keywords gives results that are a little unexpected.  (but arguably right from a certain perspective as well)

To change it to how you describe is fairly complicated, so won't happen in 9.0.

doing a find and replace of album name  is not changing the album name in the album scheme.  the album name changes in the Properies, but not in the scheme.

Update.. Did I full update of Tags, and the album names and the Scheme names are diferent.. What's going on

Sounds like maybe you need an F5 (refresh).  If that doesn't do it, can you give us a step-by-step to reproduce it?

Thanks!

JohnT

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2003, 05:12:50 am »

When I went to CDs, DVDs and Handhelds and selected my CD player, it gave me an error "Failed to find any CD=R/W devices on your system"....
Sorry about that. It's fixed for the next build.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2003, 06:07:52 am »

Thumbnail selection bug is still present.

And I guess that's it for me.

Although I'm still wondering if Media Server is going to automatically convert files for MC clients the way it can for TiVo.

This would be greatly greatly greatly appreciated.

:)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2003, 06:23:24 am »

Thumbnail selection bug is still present.

This is a Microsoft bug with certain version of the common controls.  It only rears it's head with virtual, owner-drawn thumbnail lists.  We haven't figured out a reliable way to side step it.

Although I'm still wondering if Media Server is going to automatically convert files for MC clients the way it can for TiVo.

This is planned, but not until 9.1/10.0.

Thanks.

dmbfan36

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: No way to kill server while client is connecte
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2003, 07:56:14 am »

In the meantime, <ctrl><alt> and kill Media Server with the task manager. Ugly, but it works.

Yeah I knew I could do this.... but then again, my TiVo is just over in the next room as well... :)

JohnT

Re: Auto rip mode still broken
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2003, 09:58:03 am »

Problems that I have seen with auto rip mode with this build:

1) First CD shows up with boxes next to the names. Next 2 CDs showed up with just the names in the rip window

2) After the second CD was ejected I inserted the 3rd CD. It tried to download the cover art for the last CD and then ejected the new CD without ripping.

3) After I clicked done to stop the loop of download cover art/ eject CD I looked at the secure rip log. It is a little strange. It knows the name of the first CD, but after that it seems to think all the tracks belong to that CD. Below is the log.
I can't reproduce the first bug, the other two should be fixed in the next build.

Thanks,
John T.
JRiver, Inc.

John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up