INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Ripping issue  (Read 444 times)

doctorjazz

• Recent member
CD Ripping issue
« on: April 09, 2020, 02:09:38 pm »

Hi. My apologies for starting a new topic when I already started one on this topic-for the life of me I can't find my last posts.
I've been using and updating JRiver for many years, never had this issue before.
I had posted about a new problem ripping CD's in JRiver26. It would go OK for a bit, then do one of 2 things. Either it would keep ripping the 1st CD I had ripped, no matter how many others I tried to rip (so I'd get a 2nd copy of that 1st CD when ripping a 2nd, different CD, a 3rd copy of the 1st CD when I would try to rip a 3rd, etc). The second problem that would happen would be that I'd put in the CD, and get an error message saying I couldn't rip unless I put in a CD (in other words, my PC and/or JRiver didn't recognize that a disc was in the drive). I got a reply from JimH, (admin), that I needed to get rid of the antivirus I was using (Kaspersky), and just use the Windows (Defender, I think). I was a bit hesitant to do this, so instead what I did was go back to JRiver25, which I still had on my PC. It's been working perfectly, have ripped a bunch of CD's since, no issues. Seems to me must be an issue with JRiver26. I should uninstall and reinstall it, but getting the numbers and reauthorizing it is such a pain. Would that fix it? I did it, but I'm hesitant to use 26, afraid I'll start the problem up again. Any thoughts?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: CD Ripping issue
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 02:28:05 pm »

You can find your posts by viewing your profile.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: CD Ripping issue
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 03:58:59 pm »

Remove Kaspersky and reboot.  It's to test.

Take a look here for similar problems:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=86096.msg588759#msg588759

I'll close this now.  You can copy and paste your message to your old thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up