INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Schedules Direct Problem  (Read 429 times)

gizmofish

Schedules Direct Problem
« on: September 28, 2020, 02:01:49 am »

When I got the notice that MC 27 was available I jumped right in. After all I had prepaid for the newest update.

Then, things stopped working. At first I thought it was my 'puter, but, no! It was my subscription to Schedules Direct that was not updating! More than 1000 attempts to load my SD info per day was failing and trying again because mc2xml was discontinued!

I had just paid to extend my SD one month earlier! This was causing issues trying to just watch live TV. Freezing, stuttering, crashing. 

I came to the forums for answers and found out mc2xml has been restored. TY! Why was this ever ended in the first place? It's only been a couple of hours since I got things back up and running, but, so far so good. If I run into more issues I'll let you know.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Schedules Direct Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 07:43:38 am »

mc2xml stopped working (most places) in January when Microsoft stopped providing their EPG.

We removed because of that, but then learned it was working for some people.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 08:13:00 am »

I'm confused by these posts... When using a subscription such as SD, I thought you should be using XMLTV option in MC and the MC2XML option was only for the free microsoft/gracenote guide data, that had many outages and eventually went extinct, thus the reason for MC to axe it. Maybe I'm missing something.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 10:03:54 am »

MC2XML (the helper program bundled with MC) is a generic XMLTV downloader and works with Schedules Direct.  The MC MC2XML option by default only used MC2XML to download from Rovi or TitanTV, but MC2XMl also spawned a configuration pop up during setup and a user could configure MC2XML to download from SD or other sources (I did that myself at one point).  So I suspect folks who had done that through the MC2XML setup dialogs that pop up during configuration (rather than through the XMLTV option in MC) encountered trouble when JRiver stopped bundling MC2XML.

Anyone setting up for the first time now should probably use the XMLTV setting as you suggest.
Pages: [1]   Go Up