INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.145 available here  (Read 7919 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.145 available here
« on: April 08, 2003, 02:13:31 pm »

Media Center 9.0.145 is available.    

Some things may not work.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90145.exe

1. Fixed: Display right-click playback display menu did not work for non-audio file types.
2. Changed: Added "Display Options" submenu to the "Player" menu.
3. Changed: Updated view scheme and view scheme group dialogs to have longer search boxes.
4. Changed: Composer uses the new little artist icon in the tree.
5. Changed: MP3 analysis would use "band" over "artist" if both existed in the ID3v2 tag.
6. Fixed: MP3 tagger would remove "band" when saving an "artist" to the ID3v2 tag.
7. Fixed: "Enable shell integration" option was not working properly.
8. Fixed: Auto-jump to "Media Library" when changing a search would steal the keyboard focus.
9. Fixed: Several bugs that caused sticky-view sorting to not work as expected.
10. Changed: After changing a view, if there are saved child views, MC will prompt whether you want to overwrite the child views with your changes.
11. Changed: Album grouped thumbnails only show album in the text. (not artist - album)
12. Changed: Album grouping wouldn't work well with files that didn't have an artist.
13. Changed: MP3 encoder plug-in will now detect if lame encoder installed and if not it will download it.
14. Fixed: Clean properties title case logic didn't work well with some acronyms. (ie. T.A.T.U.)
15. Changed: Clean properties case correction logic better with multi-line fields like lyrics.
16. Fixed: Saving a visualization in the root of the visualizations directory would crash MC.
17. Fixed: Changing something in visualization studio and then clicking "Save" wouldn't keep the change.
18. Fixed: Media Center was creasing while stoping video playback.
19. Fixed: Media Center was not displaying some video files with correct aspect ratio.
20. Fixed: Video playback should be more consistent.
21. Fixed: Viewing a view that had one or less files in it would trash the saved sort information.
22. Changed: Playback statistics don't count a file as "played" until it's done.
23. Fixed: Playback statistics didn't work for image files.
24. Fixed: If MC failed to play, it could stick in a "Waiting..." state until the stop button was hit.
25: NEW: Added support for various aspect ratios for video files.
26. Fixed: Media Scheduler would crash if periodic task with duration over 9 minutes were scheduled.
27. Changed: Added "My Network Places" under "My Computer" in the tree.
28. Fixed: "Locate On Disk (inside Media Center)" would hang on network files.
29. Fixed: After deleting a file from a playlist, the "seq" column would start at 0.
30. Fixed: Cloning of existing library did not work correctly.
31. Fixed: Scroll-up bug in TiVo server.
32. Fixed: TiVo server works with TiVo Beacon if it is present.
33. NEW: TiVo server will translate files to MP3 format if needed.
34. Fixed: Media Scheduler was mistakenly toggling on and off based on Options settings.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ZRocker

Re: Media Center 9.0.145 available here
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2003, 02:28:42 pm »

Bugs:
1. Dragging and dropping files to a folder under a portable device (handheld) doesn't work anymore...errors out.  First error box says "Cannot find plug-in '<folder name>'".  Second error box says "Error initializing handheld".  I can drag-and-drop files to the main handheld device's drive letter...but can't to folders under there.

dragyn

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2003, 02:37:28 pm »

awesome work guys. it's really starting to come together.

Wile E. One

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2003, 03:37:19 pm »

10. Changed: After changing a view, if there are saved child views, MC will prompt whether you want to overwrite the child views with your changes.

Just my opinion, but I find this REALLY annoying. Perhaps having this as an option would be better?
Now isn't this just typical of whereever this is?

dogpatchga

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2003, 03:46:03 pm »

Congratulations on development of a world-class product.  You guys are demonstrating professionalism and perfectionism like nothing I've seen in a long IS career.  Thanks for listening to your users.  You should be very proud of your software.  Everytime I crank up MC9 I am surprised to find something else which exceeds my expectations.

Bill Lozier

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2003, 03:48:04 pm »

Just my opinion, but I find this REALLY annoying. Perhaps having this as an option would be better?

It only asks if you change a view AND there are children views customized differently.  Wouldn't think that'd happen too often.

Are you changing view settings a lot for some reason?

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2003, 04:06:37 pm »

18. Fixed: Media Center was creasing while stoping video playback.
19. Fixed: Media Center was not displaying some video files with correct aspect ratio

Fixed.

What happen to Hairstyle??

Last used 9.0.133

Now-- When playing a video or a slide show, I end up with a black screen at the end. It use to go back to the Hairstyle menu.

???

Griff

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2003, 04:08:13 pm »

Unable to move folders between drives using MC's My Computer.
Toast goes in the toaster.

Dan Da Man

• World Citizen
  • I rule da-Man.com!
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2003, 04:14:14 pm »

My CDs seem to like to sort primarily by artist and not by track number (in the "CDs, DVDs, and Handhelds" section).  Is this my doing or how do I change it?

It's really annoying when viewing a multi-artist compilation, for then I don't know the order it was in.

Dan

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2003, 04:14:34 pm »

What happen to Hairstyle

It's still there.  Use F11, or the "Mode" toolbar button, or Ctrl+W, or the right-click "Toggle Hairstyle" on the display menu.

It just doesn't automatically popup -- too many people thought that was annoying.

Wile E. One

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2003, 04:20:21 pm »

It only asks if you change a view AND there are children views customized differently.  Wouldn't think that'd happen too often.

Are you changing view settings a lot for some reason?

I've been doing a bunch of tagging/sorting lately. Sometimes I have duplicates of a song, but they are named badly, so I want to view them by file size... often this is just a single artist, so I am in artist/album view. Other times, I want to find and tag all of the songs in a particular physical folder on my computer, so I go to Media Library and sort by Filename.... so no problem there. Or I maybe I want to sort by file type...  or rating....

The problem is that if I then go, for example, to Playing Now, I get the popup asking if I want to save the changes for the children. No, no I don't, so I click no. But this happens each time I change a sort in Media Library... which for me is often.
Maybe I use the sorting functions in odd ways... but they've worked for me so far. I used this build for 15 minutes after downloading it, and I have already encountered the popup 5 or 6 times. For me, that is too many.

Like I said, I may be doing "odd" things... but never struck me as so until this build. My $0.02.
Now isn't this just typical of whereever this is?

disthegame

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2003, 04:53:04 pm »

Here's a showstopper for me.  When using DSP Studio and checking the DFX plugin, Media Center crashes immediately.  Other than that great work guys.  Keep it up.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2003, 04:54:03 pm »

When I attempt to play any WMA file I get the following Error dialog: "Playback Engine: Media Jukebox is unable to acquire license for this file. Windows Media Error: 0x80070005." In recent prior versions I got a different error code, but the same behavior.

This error only occurs when trying to play these files from the server on another computer.    

Despite some theories that this is linked to DRM being activated in the WMA files, this does not appear to be the case for a number of reasons: (i) I have no problem playing them with Windows Media Player, Musicmatch Jukebox, Media Jukebox and even prior versions of Media Center (e.g. prior to 9.0.130); (ii) it is my strong recollection that when these files were ripped, DRM was turned off; and (iii) Media Center has no problem playing the files on any PC when they are loaded off the LAN, i.e. not streamed using the server.  

I believe this is a bug in how the Media Center client/server system handles playing WMA files.  

If I can provide any further useful information, please send me a private message.

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2003, 04:58:41 pm »

Thanks Matt

It's still there

Yes, that was easy to figured out.

It just doesn't automatically popup -- too many people thought that was annoying

I can see the point, on a pc monitor.

But, when running Hairstyle on a TV with a remote, this was a nice feature.
(looping back to Hairstyle , when done.)

Pic. this.
You have a house full of company, everyone is playing with Hairstyle (Videos (Mp2) and slideshow).

Now you run out of beer (Ha Ha) and have to get more.

These people end up with a black screen.

Think they are going to know to hit the Hairstyle button on the remote? or which one it is?

Arrows are easy for people to navigate with.

My moto: User friendly and remote without Tech. manual.

I guess there is no way to please everybody.

Such is life.

Have a great night.

Griff

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2003, 05:05:42 pm »

My basic (1 file) test of MPGA streaming to TiVo HMO crashes Media Server ... BUT, WAV-MP3-OGG-WMA all work !!!

Great Job guys ...

chaznet

• World Citizen
Build 9.0.145=Buffer Overrun
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2003, 06:51:03 pm »

Build 145 isn't working so great.  Since installing, rebooting, the program seems to be crashing a lot.   It's not locking up, it just exits.  So far, without an indication as to what's going wrong -- there was an error box for one of the 'exits', but there've been several without the same alert:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Buffer overrun detected!
Program:Media Jukebox.exe
A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state.  The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2003, 06:57:59 pm »

Try a reboot and then a reinstall.  

Eiffel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2003, 07:58:34 pm »

Great job on the TV/Timeshift/Aspect ratios!

This is the first version of MC9, where everything works for me (I do have serious lip synch problems with any of the video codecs if I boost resolution about 320*240, but this is probably because my '2.66GHz' Celeron lacks horsepower)

Eiffel

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2003, 07:59:50 pm »

Bugs for Media Center 9.0.145 Beta

• Slideshow : There is no longer any way to start a slideshow of images along with music. If I Play Music, then Play Images, then I get an image slideshow without music. If I Play Images then Play Music, I get music with no images.

• Image List View : This doesn't select files correctly. If you select one file, then hold control to select a few more, that works. If you hold down shift and select a range, that works as well. But when holding down Control + Shift to add a range of files to the currently selected files, all of the currently selected files become unselected.

• I've just started using Media Server, and I have it set to require a username and password to access.

Ever since I started using it, IE asks me for authentication for various sites.

Like if I go to msn.com, I get prompted for a username and password for global.msads.net & di.image.eshop.msn.com.

If I shut media server down, this problem goes away.

• At work, where I'm accessing my media server, MC prompts me for a username and password for our proxy server, and then again for the media server. It keeps trying to use my media server login credentials for our proxy server. Whenever I try to download any plugin or anything, it doesn't do this.  

The following was reported in the last build. I will not test this again until I hear something official that indicates this problem has been fixed (or at least an attempt has been made). My reasons are available in the this thread.

• I just tried burning a CD. It was weird.

The settings I used were to Replay Gain, and to burn it using crossfade aggressive 4.0sec.

The burn started off fine. Part way through, the song progress bar (not the entire write progress bar) stopped, then dissappeared. Then it seemed to start over, even though the title of the song it was burning stayed the same. Then the bar got most of the way to end, and then the song name changed to the next song in the list, until the progress bar reached the end.

Then the progress bar started from the beginning and the song name changed to the next song. It then seemed to continue the burn just fine.

A little later, it did the same thing, only this time the title of the currently burning song didn't change. When the progress bar reached the end, and started over for the next file, the title of the currently burning song changed, but it skipped the one that should have been next.

My interpretation of all of this, is that MC wasn't refreshing the CD burning dialog properly. It probably was burning the correct tracks at the correct time, but wasn't refreshing the display at the right times.

However, I can't confirm this because the CD never finalized. It got to the last track in the list, both progress bars reached the end and then it just sat there and never finished.

I waited five minutes after this, and finally canceled the burn.

This actually happened to me with the last build as well. (the not finalizing part - I wasn't watching it to notice if the refresh problem was there) The resulting CD was problematic for my Jeep's CD player. The first track was all messed up in all sorts of ways... the track seemed to bounce all over, and in parts it seemed to play faster than it should. Seeking through tracks on the CD was also very flaky, but every other track on the CD (other than the first one) played fine.  

System Info

Media Center Registered 9.0.145 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1667 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 225 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: SAMSUNG  CD-R/RW SW-240B    Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

Morac

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2003, 09:02:24 pm »

32. Fixed: TiVo server works with TiVo Beacon if it is present.
This is with Media Server 1.0.159 Protocol 0.9 which is installed with this.
I'm not sure if I doing this right, but with TiVo Beacon running if I start the server I get a bind error and the following:

04/09/03 00:45:46 - sharer starting
04/09/03 00:45:46 - Initializing server.
04/09/03 00:46:38 - Server initialized
04/09/03 00:46:38 - sharer ready to accept connections
04/09/03 00:46:38 - Started auto response thread on port 5556.
04/09/03 00:46:38 - cannot bind
04/09/03 00:46:41 - TiVo Beacon listener failed
04/09/03 00:46:41 - TiVo Beacon ready for connections
04/09/03 00:46:46 - TiVo HTTP ready for connections

After this happens I can't connect to the server from my TiVo even if I specify the IP address.  This is because Media Server does not inform TiVoBeacon (via port 8100) that the server is available so any connection attempts (on port 2190) are immediately refused since TiVoBeacon thinks the server isn't running.

Also if I disable TiVoBeacon from running and run MediaServer instead I am forced to specify the IP address of my server even though they are on the same network, because MediaServer doesn't broadcast out or listen for broadcasts on UDP 2190.

Any time I stop the server, regardless whether or not TiVoBeacon is running I get the following:

4/09/03 00:59:41 - bad port <>
04/09/03 00:59:41 - tcp_write failed error=10038
04/09/03 00:59:41 - bad version
04/09/03 00:59:43 - Stopped auto response thread.

akak718

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2003, 09:06:05 pm »

I reported this one several times and would REALLY like to see it fixed before the final release.

If I am playing a .RM video, and I update a field for another .RM file, the following bad things happen:
1. The current file stops playing.
2. The "Updating database... (0 of 1)" dialog comes up and stays forever.
3. No new file can be played.
4. Basically nothing works until I kill Media Center via Taks Manager and restart the app.

-Lou

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2003, 09:36:02 pm »

in thumbnail view disk size is calculated incorrectly.

(filename=[\\main\music shared\PREPARING\NEW\") (mediatype=[audio] ~d=m ~sort=[autoartistalbum],[album])

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2003, 09:40:42 pm »

The pesky comment field is my last remaining issue. It seemed fixed in the last release, but now the behavior is back:

If I start with the following:
a. 'ID3V1 Comment': Empty
b. 'ID3V2 Comm (Comments)': Too large to display

Then, I edit and save any file property

Now, I have the following
a. 'ID3V1 Comment': The first 28 characters of whatever was previously in 'ID3V2 Comm (Comments)' (I believe this is a limitation of the tag spec.
b. 'ID3V2 Comm (Comments)': Too large to display

Then, I edit and save any file property.

Now, I have the following
a. 'ID3V1 Comment': The first 28 characters of whatever was previously in 'ID3V2 Comm (Comments)'
b. 'ID3V2 Comm (Comments)': The first 28 characters of whatever was previously in 'ID3V2 Comm (Comments)'

So, if I do multiple edits on a file, the contents of the comments field are lost.  

This prevents me from using MC to edit any files because all of my MP3 files contain an album review in the comment field.

I'd be happy if the data in the V2 tag always overwrote the data in the V1 tag. Currently, the sequence goes the other way.

Also, in track info properties display screnes, I'd like the v2 tag to take priority over the v1 tag when displaying comments.

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 996 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 293 MB

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4807.2300 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINNT\MEDIA\CHIMES.WAV

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-52246S         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
Re: Scrolling with wheel mouse or Thinkpad
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2003, 10:46:01 pm »

I can't seem to use the wheel on a wheel mouse, or the special blue scroll button on a Thinkpad to scroll in any view.

I have tried it with an Elecom MAPP mouse, a Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse and the built-in pointer on an IBM X22 and T22.

These all work in other applications.

jredders2

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2003, 10:48:30 pm »

BUG: MC sometimes hangs if I pause play for more than a few minutes and then try to restart it.

Details:
Playing an .mpc file.  Using a custom Trackinfo page.

I can hit the close button twice to exit MC though.  The first click removes all skinning.  The second exits...

MC was doing this consistently earlier, but now it seems to be behaving again.

Media Center Registered 9.0.145 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 1736 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 490 MB, Free - 181 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive Y:   Copy mode:ModeSynch   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Z:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive Y: LITE-ON  LTR-24102B         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes

nila

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2003, 12:27:46 am »

Nice job!

Could I ask that 'aspect ratio' also includes:
- 1/2 original size
- original size
- 2x original size

They're quite normal display modes for most players.

It's coming on great, thanks for fixing the video playback :)

hertz

• Recent member
  • Hi there
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2003, 03:22:28 am »

"22. Changed: Playback statistics don't count a file as "played" until it's done. "

==> Not a very good move, I think. When I know a song is nearly over, I tend to skip to the next one before the end.
Why not a one minute deadline, for instance?

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2003, 03:50:29 am »

If I have the "File Properties->Image" tab open an use Rotate on an image file, the thumbnail updates but not the file properties window.  

Arrow keys don't work properly in thumbnail mode. Up and down work OK, but left and right only access the first two columns.  

Keyboard problems:  
Tab only takes you from the tree to the search field, not to the tracks.    
When you're in the tree, Ctrl-W, Ctrl-W moves the focus to the search field for some reason    

Why has Image Location been removed from Find and Replace?    

Having Ctrl-W cycle between MC, full screen and Hairstyle is horrid. Isn't the point of hairstyle to hide the MC window for a HTPC? I suspect most people would want to switch

between MC and full screen (for computer use) and Hairstyle and full screen (for HTPC use). Separate hotkeys for Full Screen and Hairstyle have to be the way to go. You've

already got the context menu key to switch between Hairstyle and Full Screen. F11 and Ctrl-W do the same thing, so couldn't one be Full Screen and one be Hairstyle?

REQUEST: I love the way a frame from a video file is taken for the thumbnail, but could this be customisable? The default seems to be 1 second in, but for a lot of films, this

is still black. I'd like to be able to shuttle in to the title sequence or a representative frame and do "Set as thumbnail frame"  

REQUEST: If you have a grouping on an alphabetical field, you see  
A-D  
E-H  
I-L  
etc.  
If you press F on the keyboard, it skips over E-H down to the next thing that begins with F. If you have something in the E-H group that begins with F, it would be nice if it

would open that group and select it. Hope that makes sense    

Aspect Ratio control doesn't work properly. See here
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=beta;action=display;num=1049808624

HAIRSTYLE:
Holding down an arrow key scrolls invisibly. You can only see where you are when you let go.
PiP doesn't work for Quicktimes. They seem to be large but mostly off the bottom of the screen.
There's no way to start MJ in Hairstyle, as far as I can see.
Pressing the first letter of a tab doen't jump to it.
Request: Could Ctrl-2 to Ctrl-5 work under Hairstyle? Just to quickly jump to Playing Now, Media Library etc.
Request: Could we have an Import Media tab? It could be equivalent to clicking import then OK and leaving all the options as they are.

ZRocker

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2003, 04:50:47 am »

Bugs:
1. Sticky view sort order saving is not right (I don't think).  In Media Library view schemes, changing child sort orders changes the order for the entire view (parent).  And you are not asked about changing the default sort order for children if the one you changed was a child (ie, not Media Library...try it on a view scheme or children of a view scheme and you'll see wha t I mean).

2. I was asked the 'do you want to change the default sort order for children' question at inappropriate times when I was experimenting with Playlists...even when I had not changed a sort order I was asked sometimes.

Not a Request:
1. Can we get more 'history' items on the right-click menus than 3...like 6 or 9 maybe?  Also, can they be numbered (1., 2., etc) so that they look like 'history' items (kind of like what MS Word does on the File menu for last opened file history)?  Just thinking it might 'look better' and differentiate them from static menu items.

nila

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2003, 06:15:59 am »

"22. Changed: Playback statistics don't count a file as "played" until it's done. "

==> Not a very good move, I think. When I know a song is nearly over, I tend to skip to the next one before the end.

This seems to be another one of those things that is down to personal user preferance.
Why not make an option group purely to do MC useability features.
Include:
- Point at which to mark a song as played (with a slider so we can set it easily)
- None select =  All Selected/None Selected
- Prompt before changing Large numbers of tags after
  • tracks

And any other little points like that that there is no right or wrong answer for and that is down purely to personal preferances.

Anyway - Found another bug:
    Importing files (could this window PLEASE become resizeable so we can see more without having to scroll):

• For a LOT of the files it's having:  ..\..\ etc in the file name and is basically doing this:
    O:\mp3s\full albums\..\..\mp3s\full albums\blah
    and so importing the songs twice.
  • Selected text in the search bar is still unreadable and looks broken and unclear

Could 'view scheme properties' also be made drag re-sizeable so we can drag it wider when doing long search criteria so we dont have to type it in notepad then paste it into place as I currently do with some of my longer criteria.

Also - not bugs but things that could do with tidying before final release to make the product look more 'finished':
  • Importing window - the animated icon of the magnifying glass moving has a background colour that does not match the colour of MC with it's skin and makes it stand out in it's own little square - it looks very unprofessional.
  • Burning Window used to have same problem - presume it still does with the burning animation standing out sorely from the background
  • When performing tasks MC rarely re-paints itself and so looks like a big white screen making the program look as if it's crashed when in fact it's working fine - this is a BIG point in terms of just how 'finished' and 'refined' the program looks.

equalizer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • When the time comes, you'll know what to do!
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2003, 06:30:57 am »

Great job you guys. Everything is truely workig it's way into making this (and always was) the best All-in-One jukebox center.

Now for some bugs.

*ASIO*
I have a Audigy2 card that comes with ASIO drivers (Creative ASIO/SB Audigy ASIO [E800]) with teh new DSP plugin that changes the sample rate so i can use these drivers, is beautiful, but i experience crashes if i externally start a file (double click a file crashes MC).

Theres also points where when next track or prev track situations cause MC to crash.

*REQUESTS*
The menus open with a to long of a delay. I'm one for the 0delay 99sensitivity 1(ms)hover time..  If you could make that menus work that fast i would be greatful. Better yet you could make it into a feature (plus feature even) so if theres peeps out there who don't liek it can choose.

*RAVES*
I love the new skin Alexandrie, should feel proud i'm simply loving her PixOS suite. I've been using it now for a few weeks, and I just can not get enough of it  ;D.

-equalizer

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1823 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 345 MB

Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929)wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: SONY     CD-RW  CRX210E1    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

JeffB

• World Citizen
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2003, 06:37:11 am »

Randomizing doesn't seem to work.  When I listen to music I usually right click Audio under Media Library and click Play. This fills or replaces Playing Now with all my music (1856 files) and usually randomizes it.  During the last few builds MC consistantly 'randomizes' all my music in the same order.

It even has a different play order for each time I randomize.  Randomize once, I get the first play order.  Randomize a second time I get a second play order.  Three for three.  Four for Four, etc..  If I shut down MC and restart it then select Play for Audio it 'randomizes' the songs in the first order.  Randomize a second time I get the second play order.  Three for three.  Four for Four, etc..  

I have uninstalled, wiped the registry of MC entries and reinstalled.  I still get the same thing.

I'm I doing something goofy or is this a problem?

Media Center Registered 9.0.145 -- D:\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1817 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 309 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148)wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   F:\Sounds\Arcade\defender9.wav

Burning /  Drive G: LITE-ON  LTR-32123S         Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  Use MJ Engine:Yes

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2003, 07:20:52 am »

Media Server:

In Media Server when you pick which library you want to use, it still says "same as Media Jukebox".

Does Media Server not allow remote users to customize the library?

I can see where you wouldn't want this for a lot of reasons, but for some things, like creating playlists, it would be nice if they would stay. Currently, it allows you create a playlist, but as soon as you exit and come back, the playlist is gone. Is this a bug? Or design?

Synesthesiatic

• Recent member
  • If anybody needs me, I'll be in my room
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2003, 07:59:42 am »

The new sorting system doesn't seem to be working. Not only am I not asked whether I want children to be modified, children are modifying their parents!

Also, the menus don't allow click-and-drag style use, only click-and-click.

Media Center Registered 9.0.145 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

Intel Pentium III 896 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 391 MB, Free - 105 MB

Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\Windows XP Print complete.wav

Burning /  Drive F: MITSUMI  CR-4804TE USB      Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes

farmore

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2003, 09:16:30 am »

Still present (as reported yesteday):

Using the new field type 'List' behaves a little stange:

Godley, Kevin; Creme, Lol gives the following result

C
   Creme, Lol
   Godley, Kevin
G
   Creme, Lol
   Godley, Kevin

So both entries appear under both grouping levels.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2003, 09:50:24 am »

Sorry -- didn't communicate the change well.  If you play past half-way, the stats will still get updated.  

It's just that we're waiting until the file finishes to run the update.

Still present (as reported yesteday):

Using the new field type 'List' behaves a little stange:  

Godley, Kevin; Creme, Lol gives the following result  

C  
   Creme, Lol  
   Godley, Kevin  
G  
   Creme, Lol  
   Godley, Kevin  

So both entries appear under both grouping levels.

This is sort of right and sort of wrong depending on how you think about it. ( I know, mostly wrong :P )

However, it's a big change to do it the other way so for 9.0, it's either disable grouping for keywords or let it be a little quirky.

Thanks everyone!

TimB

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2003, 10:44:32 am »

I don't know squat about XML but I tried the file/Library/Export to XML option just for gits and shiggles and when I open the resulting file with both Explorer and Netscape it fails with:

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Line Number 524525, Column 1:

...the file is 18.8 MB (19,767,296 bytes) large.

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

TimB

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2003, 11:03:23 am »

I don't know squat about XML but I tried the file/Library/Export to XML option just for gits and shiggles and when I open the resulting file with both Explorer and Netscape it fails with:

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Line Number 524525, Column 1:

...the file is 18.8 MB (19,767,296 bytes) large.

-=Tim=-
I lied, just Netscape.  When I try to open it in Explorer it loads Netscape and then unsuccessfully opens the file.

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

nila

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2003, 11:39:43 am »

BUG:

Doing a search in Media library, then leaving the search asks you if u want to apply the changed view to all views below.

tofer

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2003, 02:06:56 pm »

Gang-
Here's what I consider to be a major/obvious problem:

When I insert a CD and navigate to it from the My Computer tree icon, it first looks to YADB to try ot find the title (that works fine, although cancel seems to take to long.. could we prompt for lookup?) .. anyway, it then lists the tracks in the cd TWICE.  Pressing F5(refresh) relists the tracks correctly.   This happens whether or not it finds the disk in YADB.    

In a related issue, it seems unintuitive to me to go to "My Computer" to play a CD, rather than the CD/DVD and Handhelds"  area that precedes it in the directory tree.  

--------Machine details--------
2.8 Ghx, 1.5 GB RAM, 300GB drives, Sony500a DVD writer, TDK 48X CD writer.  40 GB music data.

noborg

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2003, 02:41:58 pm »

Major bug reappeared

When dragging a smartlist to the iPod for upload, or when sychronizing a smartlist, the filter view is ignored.

So, for example, I have separate filter views for ape and mp3 files, but MC tries to upload (or synch) both the ape files and the mp3 files even though the filter view is set for mp3 only.

This was fixed a few builds ago, but is present again in 9.0.145 (not sure when it reappeared).

Thanks

js
Pages: [1]   Go Up