INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming from PC to UltraRendu  (Read 1333 times)

ashiers

• Recent member
Streaming from PC to UltraRendu
« on: May 18, 2021, 11:22:58 am »

Hi there, I'm trying to make MC on my Windows PC send via DLNA the music I have stored on my local drive to my UltraRendu renderer which is running DLNA app.  When I start MC I get this under Playing Now:

Playing Now
     Player
     Playing from Urendu-027EDE-mediaserver
          Main Library
          Add Library

For starters, it says "from Urendu...".  I'm trying to stream to NOT from UltraRendu.  At least it sees UltraRendu.  That's a start.

Before I started all this, when MC loaded, it would scan my hard drive for music files and display them and my playlists.  Now, I can't see any of that.  So I can't select a playlist and tell MC to send the music to UltraRendu.  I don't know what's going on.  I'm lost.

I've attached my media settings, but can't seem to make it display on this post.  Please advise.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Streaming from PC to UltraRendu
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 12:08:58 pm »

That looks like you've loaded the library from the UltraRendu.  Load your Main Library by clicking on it.

Then wait a few minutes to see if the UltraRendu shows up as a Renderer in the top section of Playing Now.  The wiki explains how this works.  Start at DLNA and Media Network.

ashiers

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 01:22:03 pm »

OK...I managed to bring up my Main Library.  I waited for the UltraRendu under Playing Now, but it never showed up. So I fixed one problem, only to cause another.  How do I make the UltraRendu appear on my list?  I've tried relaunching MC and even rebooting the computer. 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 03:12:26 pm »

It's possible it doesn't work as a renderer.  Some DLNA devices can play from a server but cannot be played to.  Does it have an interface you can use to find DLNA servers and play from them?

Another possibility is that a firewall is blocking.  Open ports 52100 to 52200 and open 1900 for SSDP.

AndrewFG has a program that can find renderers and test them.  It's DMRA from Whitebear.

ashiers

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 04:06:54 pm »

I have used UltraRendu before as a renderer.  It's been many months since I've tried using it again.  My DAC failed on me and just got a new one in.  Wanting to hook everything back up the way it was before.  But now JRiver MC is being contrary.  Opened my Windows firewall and ensured the ports were open. Relaunched MC, no luck. The only thing left is to try this DMRA program you mentioned.  Please advise.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 04:23:54 pm »

This is probably not a JRiver problem.

It's probably firewall, possibly Windows Defender, possibly configuration of the UltraRendu.

If you're connected via Wi-fi, try power cycling everything, including the network.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2021, 04:26:02 pm »

ashiers

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2021, 05:43:39 pm »

Well, I knew Windows Defender was not the issue because I had it disabled.  I had my own anti-virus software running Kaspersky.  It wasn't reporting anything unusual.  In the end, I had no choice but to shut everything down, including the router.  Turned everything back on and for reasons unfathomable to me, suddenly MC could see UltraRendu.  I can now stream to my new DAC.  I don't know if you've seen this sort of thing happen before, perhaps you can enlighten me if you have.  Thanks for the guidance.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2021, 06:29:43 pm »

Computers.

Kaspersky is a likely suspect.

Good it's working.  Thanks for reporting what you found.

HaWi

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2021, 09:37:35 am »

Please change your Access Key. It's visible in the OP.
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.45 64 bit): 2788
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.44 64 bit): 3706
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.5 | JRMark (32.0.44 64 bit): 9135
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.45 64 bit): 1260
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro
Pages: [1]   Go Up