INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 28.0.32 -- Available Here  (Read 6614 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 28.0.32 -- Available Here
« on: June 26, 2021, 12:14:14 pm »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 28.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v28/latest/MediaCenter280032-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v28/latest/MediaCenter280032.exe (works on all systems)

28.0.32 (6/25/2021)

1. Fixed: Ripping using MakeMKV would fail if the destination folder didn't exist.

28.0.31 (6/25/2021)

1. Changed: Made the VST buffer a little bigger because the Dirac VST could report no signal with the current size.
2. Fixed: Switching from Display View to Standard View didn't change the size back because of a change a couple builds back.
3. Fixed: The (newline) in expressions was going into the wrong part so the expression itself could be changed.
4. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).

28.0.30 (6/24/2021)

1. Fixed: The TreeNode() expression is more reliable when used in the main navigation tree.
2. Changed: DSD encoding now asks the output whether it wants DSD or DoP (instead of assuming DSD).
3. Changed: Made the EQ resize nicely with the window (so you can size it taller).

28.0.29 (6/23/2021)

1. Fixed: The Edge Web component was not being properly installed on Windows 7.
2. NEW: Added the new S-Curve cross-fade modes.
3. Fixed: When playing videos, the player could return to the previous size and position as it advanced tracks.

28.0.28 (6/22/2021)

1. Fixed: Equalizer presets would not fully upgrade to the new 20 band approach.
2. NEW: When bitstreaming DSD at a higher rate than bitstreaming supports, it will just down convert the DSD so it will still be a DSD bitstream.
3. Changed: Using a smaller VST block size to avoid latency that could happen with some visualizers.
4. Fixed: DLNA Conversion to DSF was setting the header of the DSF file to an incorrect number of samples (2x the real amount) resulting in odd or no playback on some devices.

28.0.27 (6/21/2021)

1. Changed: Updated LAV Filters to 0.75.1, used in video playback, many fixes and much improved AV1 video support.
2. NEW: Track Info plugins are copied during an upgrade install.
3. NEW: Added s-curve modes to the cross-fade options (instead of piggy backing).  You can pick standard (in and out) or aggressive (which only fades out).
4. Fixed: The 20 band equalizer wasn't applying all 20 bands yet.

28.0.26 (6/20/2021)

1. Changed: Multiple lines are accepted in expression editors again.
2. Changed: When outputting a newline for the rename tool, the string "(newline)" will replace the actual line breaks.

28.0.25 (6/18/2021)

1. Changed: Made the 20-band equalizer less wide.
2. Changed: Multiline is turned off in the expression editor only in the rename tool instead of everywhere.

28.0.24 (6/17/2021)

1. Fixed: Playing a track from Cloudplay with no matching artists in the library to Cloudplay again would not find Cloudplay files.
2. Changed: The smooth cross-fade is now an S-curve (feedback appreciated).
3. Changed: Spaces are trimmed from the head and tail of the filename and directory rule in the rename tool.  Newlines are also trimmed.
4. Changed: If the audio analyzer tool is set to auto-start, it now closes automatically when it finishes.
5. Changed: The expression editor used by the rename tool (and other tools) no longer accepts carriage return.

28.0.23 (6/15/2021)

1. NEW: The equalizer is 20 band instead of 10 band.
2. Fixed: Cancel in a library backup would still ask about saving thumbnails.
3. Fixed: Lyrics lookup could contain extra HTML markers in some cases.
4. NEW: Added a "Last Played (album)" field that is set album wide for plays.
5. Fixed: The MCWS call Control/AnalyzeAudio would not work reliably due to threading.
6. Changed: Added the ability to call Control/AnalyzeAudio with a list of file keys.
7. Changed: The web browser place holder in Theater View is now black, instead of gray, resulting in less jaring transitions when the browser is loading.
8. Fixed: Keyboard shortcuts function once again on Playing Now Track Info when using the Edge browser engine.
9. Fixed: The scrollbar in Netflix Web is hidden, for a better fullscreen experience.
10. Fixed: The "Billboard"-style main suggestion on the Netflix home page can be selected.
11. Changed: Pressing the Select/OK/Enter button after playback of a title in Netflix ended will select the "Next Episode" button.

28.0.22 (6/10/2021)

1. NEW: Opus input plugin, with full tag reading/writing support.
2. Changed: Deleting an image would stop playback instead of just going to the next image.
3. Fixed: Potential fix for the Media Center shell extension blocking certain other shell commands from working.
4. Changed: Using a little smaller VST buffer size.

28.0.21 (6/8/2021)

1. Changed: VST plugins could cause latency because of the new buffer delivery system.  Now it uses smaller buffers.
2. Fixed: Library backups could not include thumbnails because some code was commented out in release.
3. Fixed: The example for the Extract function was not right.
4. NEW: Tag() expression function will return any image XMP tags that are not JRiver database fields, for example, Tag(XMP: Label).  Also, Tag(EXIF: Make) and Tag(EXIF: Model) will return make and mode of the camera, individually (whereas [Camera] returns a combination of the two as before).
5. Changed: Diverting to a DLNA zone will issue a seek (since bookmarking is not supported) to retain the playback position.

28.0.20 (6/4/2021)

1. NEW: Tabs support dragging to re-order (and dragging also takes the views so you can drag a tab to Playing Now to play, etc.).
2. Changed: Made restoring a library and settings faster (doesn't decompress twice any longer).
3. NEW: Added the ability to include thumbnails in a library backup.
4. Changed: The expression engine is better about evaluation strings in brackets and not always assuming something after a comma is a parameter.
5. Changed: Renamed the Diversion feature.
6. NEW: Added a menu option "Divert Here" to divert from playing zones.

28.0.19 (6/2/2021)

1. Changed: Made the size of audio block delivered to a VST plug-in always match the maximum size we told the plug-in (wasn't checking previously).
2. NEW: Added the feature "Divert" to zone right-clickto move playback to a different zone.
3. Changed: Made the MCWS function Playback/LoadDSPPreset able to load DLNA zones (like the save added recently).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

WVM

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Media Center 28.0.32 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 04:12:19 am »

The switch back from Display view to Standard now maximises Standard and forgets how it was sized and positioned previously.

WVM

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 04:21:21 am »

Sorry .32 did fix this, hadn't updated, thanks.

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 08:17:03 am »

Changed: Made the VST buffer a little bigger because the Dirac VST could report no signal with the current size.

This seems 99.8% fixed.  I have noticed a couple very brief flashes of "no signal" when I've had Dirac's UI displayed.   The flashes are few and very far between, but it's still there for me once in a brief while.

Definitely not something you can just go and easily reproduce.   

So far, everything sounds fine to my ears. 

Thanks.
Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h

gappie

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 01:17:57 pm »

i try to add a new field to the library and it wont add a new field.

:)
gab

PS: Mc crashed like in disappearing, no warning or notification. the server also went. started a new, and now i can add a new field again.  8)

slerch666

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2021, 07:06:27 am »

On a non-primary machine, I installed Windows 11. I updated to MC 28 and confirmed what I expected... it still works.

I wouldn't ask for support on it but it is good to know the stuff I really care about will keep working with Wndows 11.

I mean, it really is just a skinned Windows 10 anyway so not really surprised.

Just disappointed my 2013 PC will have to be retired in 2025 since it has no TPM :D

subway33

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2021, 05:09:59 am »

Hi @Matt

28.0.31 (6/25/2021)
3. Fixed: The (newline) in expressions was going into the wrong part so the expression itself could be changed.

Its not fixed yet.

Thank You for your cooperation.

keithsonic

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2021, 05:23:32 am »

Windows version 28.0.32 does not load library on startup even though this is checked in options

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2021, 05:28:26 am »

It's possible the last build put (newline) in your expression.  Fix it by hand and it should stay fixed now.

subway33

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2021, 06:04:50 am »

It's possible the last build put (newline) in your expression.  Fix it by hand and it should stay fixed now.

Thanks @Matt for the quick response.
Change?...the file folder?!
In expression,(newline) it no longer appears but in final construction it continues.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2021, 06:16:46 am »

Thanks @Matt for the quick response.
Change?...the file folder?!
In expression,(newline) it no longer appears but in final construction it continues.

It will only appear if the expression calls for a newline now.  In the past we might have used a space but now we're more direct.

You can start a thread and post your expression if you think there's still a problem.

Uncle Taiji

reduce Window size bug - Re: JRiver Media Center 28.0.32
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2021, 07:36:56 pm »

V.28.0.32 is operating differently than V.27 for television viewing.   V.27 switching between full-screen and reduced sized window is normal; with V.28 switching from full screen (using the upper right screen icon) doesn't not reduce to a window, but stays in full screen.  In fact the bug is there on the opening screen.  Reducing the window size parameters is not being retained.  I've just checked back-and-forth between the two versions.  V.28 is not windowing correctly like V.27 does.

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2021, 12:45:47 pm »

Drag a FLAC file into MC27's Playing Now window and it appears and is ready for playback.

Drag a FLAC file into MC28's Playing Now window and it displays a slashed circle instead of the usual Plus sign and will not allow the file to be added.

If instead, you select: FILE-->Open Media File --> when you click the file in its folder, Viola! it loads and plays fine.

So, I guess I should have just said: Drag & Drop into Playing window is broken.    ::)
I swear I am not here to drive you crazy!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: reduce Window size bug - Re: JRiver Media Center 28.0.32
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2021, 12:53:58 pm »

V.28.0.32 is operating differently than V.27 for television viewing.   V.27 switching between full-screen and reduced sized window is normal; with V.28 switching from full screen (using the upper right screen icon) doesn't not reduce to a window, but stays in full screen.  In fact the bug is there on the opening screen.  Reducing the window size parameters is not being retained.  I've just checked back-and-forth between the two versions.  V.28 is not windowing correctly like V.27 does.

This will be fixed next build.  Thanks for the help.

CJandCO

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2021, 08:46:10 am »

Since version 28, going back from the mouse after having been on Amazon, Wiki or others does not work anymore, you have to click on the icon, this is not practical. It worked with version 27.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2021, 03:15:27 pm »

Gentle reminder of what I reported here in build .27, lyrics lookup still has the issue.

Lyrics lookup missing the first two lines of each song that it looks up. It's also adding extra HTML at the end of the lyrics. For example:

Code: [Select]
<div class="auw0zb">Songwriters: Geddy Lee /  Alex Lifeson /  Neil Elwood Peart</div><div class="auw0zb">Everyday Glory lyrics © Ole Media Management Lp</div>

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2021, 04:17:56 pm »

Please provide the artist, album, and name of tracks you're having problems with.  Thanks.

MGD_King

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2021, 09:34:47 am »

Please provide the artist, album, and name of tracks you're having problems with.  Thanks.

All of my tracks are doing this Matt. The code I posted above is "Everyday Glory" by Rush from the Counterparts CD.

Changing the browser engine doesn't make a difference, nor does the file type. It happens to both FLAC and MP3 files.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2021, 09:40:22 am »

MGD_King,
Here's your original post:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,129799.msg900711.html#msg900711

I'll move this to a new thread.

It's possible some security software is protecting you too eagerly.  Especially if you're seeing it on multiple tracks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2021, 01:11:53 pm »

I found that track returning some extra stuff at the end.

Next build:
Fixed: Google lyrics lookup could contain extra stuff at the end.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2021, 02:55:09 pm »

I also found that we were no longer parsing the results from one of the main lyrics lookups sites (Genius).  I'll fix that for the next build as well.

Thanks for all the help :)

MGD_King

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2021, 11:50:17 am »

I also found that we were no longer parsing the results from one of the main lyrics lookups sites (Genius).  I'll fix that for the next build as well.

Thanks for all the help :)

Thanks Matt! Out of curiosity, is there an order in which the lyric lookup sites are chosen? I prefer Genius over Google because usually they have better formatting ([verse 1]/[chorus]).

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2021, 08:03:30 am »

This seems 99.8% fixed.  I have noticed a couple very brief flashes of "no signal" when I've had Dirac's UI displayed.   The flashes are few and very far between, but it's still there for me once in a brief while.

Definitely not something you can just go and easily reproduce.   

So far, everything sounds fine to my ears. 

Thanks.

I find this still happens frequently.  It seems to be easily seen with music having high DR values such as 16

I saw somewhere that the plan was to make this buffer user configurable.  Is that still plan?

Also, what was the original value?  I'd like to simply configure back to that value which worked for me.

Thanks

Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2021, 08:11:49 am »

I find this still happens frequently.  It seems to be easily seen with music having high DR values such as 16

I saw somewhere that the plan was to make this buffer user configurable.  Is that still plan?

Also, what was the original value?  I'd like to simply configure back to that value which worked for me.

Thanks

Coming in 28,0.34 and later:
Changed: Made the VST sample size optional in Options > Audio > Advanced (takes a restart for the change to take effect).
Pages: [1]   Go Up