INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to make a Zone the default one ?  (Read 925 times)

FMatos

• Recent member
How to make a Zone the default one ?
« on: November 04, 2021, 07:05:18 pm »

Hi

In my living room i have a Win10 PC running MC28, and is connect to:

A: to a HDTV via a AV Amplifier through HDMI, and is configured as the "Player"
B: to a iFI Zen DAC via USB, and is configured as a new zone called "Zen DAC"

When I use MC28 I have no problems because I chose the Zone (device) where I want the audio to play.

But when I dOn't use MC28 as the controller and I simple double click on the file that I want to play, the audio is directed to the Zone (device) that was last used with MC28.

? How do I do to make a certain Zone (device) the default one, so that when I double click a file (Music or Video) the file plays in that device ?

FMatos

• Recent member
Re: How to make a Zone the default one ?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 03:16:11 pm »

?

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2021, 07:10:49 am »

It is frustrating when you can't get an answer.

Can you explain this better: "But when I oint use MC28 as the controller and I simple double click on the file that I want to play, the audio is directed to the Zone (device) that was last used with MC28." Do you mean when you double click on a file in a different app like Windows Explorer?

When you "use the MC28 as the controller" do you mean on the PC or on a remote app?

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2021, 09:20:02 am »

Player>Zone>Zoneswitch

Move the listed zones up or down in the order you want MC to look for the zone to play in.  The top zone will be your default as if it meets the criteria it will play there.  If it doesn't it will go to the next zone listed and so on.

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2021, 02:59:05 pm »

See this thread for advice on setting up and testing ZoneSwitch rules.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,130654.0.html
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

macdonjh

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2021, 04:12:39 pm »

Player>Zone>Zoneswitch

Move the listed zones up or down in the order you want MC to look for the zone to play in.  The top zone will be your default as if it meets the criteria it will play there.  If it doesn't it will go to the next zone listed and so on.

I didn't remember this feature about Zone Switches.  I was going to suggest two Zone Switches as well.  My system is set up in a similar way.  When I play music, I always want MC to look for my DAC and play in stereo.  When I play movies and TV shows, I want MC to look for my pre-pro and play in the file's native number of channels.

Zone Switch - 2channel: is chosen when [Media type] = audio, it looks for my DAC as the Audio Device, and it stops playback in Multichannel (my other Zone).

Zone Switch - Multichannel: is chosen when [Media type] = Movie or TV show, it looks for my pre-pro and stops playback in 2channel.

I just have to remember to switch inputs on my pre-pro, which is very old school I know.

FMatos

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2021, 05:13:24 pm »

It is frustrating when you can't get an answer.

Can you explain this better: "But when I oint use MC28 as the controller and I simple double click on the file that I want to play, the audio is directed to the Zone (device) that was last used with MC28." Do you mean when you double click on a file in a different app like Windows Explorer?

When you "use the MC28 as the controller" do you mean on the PC or on a remote app?
OK, its not frustrating, but all like the get the best of our systems.

Yes, this happens when I double-click a file in Windows Explorer. When I say "use the MC28 as the controller" is on the PC.

Thanks

FMatos

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2021, 05:24:18 pm »

I didn't remember this feature about Zone Switches.  I was going to suggest two Zone Switches as well.  My system is set up in a similar way.  When I play music, I always want MC to look for my DAC and play in stereo.  When I play movies and TV shows, I want MC to look for my pre-pro and play in the file's native number of channels.

Zone Switch - 2channel: is chosen when [Media type] = audio, it looks for my DAC as the Audio Device, and it stops playback in Multichannel (my other Zone).

Zone Switch - Multichannel: is chosen when [Media type] = Movie or TV show, it looks for my pre-pro and stops playback in 2channel.

I just have to remember to switch inputs on my pre-pro, which is very old school I know.

I am gone try the Zone Switch feature.

First I going to read "terrym" advice.

Thank

FMatos

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2021, 01:59:59 pm »

See this thread for advice on setting up and testing ZoneSwitch rules.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,130654.0.html
Player>Zone>Zoneswitch

OK, the ZoneSwitch solves my problem.

It was enough create a ZoneSwitch for the Player connected via HDMI to the AV amplifier. And the rule is "Media Type is Audio;Video"

Thank you all for the support

Pages: [1]   Go Up