INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 30 Feature Requests  (Read 23537 times)

Peter M

• Recent member
Re: MC 30 Feature Requests
« Reply #200 on: December 26, 2022, 10:30:20 pm »

Merry Christmas to all.

Any chance we can get better Chapter navigation as discussed here -

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,120543.msg833397.html#msg833397

Cheers,
Peter

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #201 on: December 28, 2022, 01:53:32 pm »

In short - Remember the initial setting for "Channels:" in DSP Studios Output Format.

It would be really good if DSP Studios Output Format always used the initial setting, for example "source number of channels", if that have been selected and not change that settings when a 2 channel source is used.
See my request on the MC 29 forum

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,133924.0.html

Best regards,
Hardware: Intel Core i5-8600K 16GB RAM, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 8GB DUAL OC
Software: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004, JRiver MC 29, MadVr 0.92.17 (Beta 113), NVIDIA driver 457.09
Projector: JVC DLA-I X5500 (RS420, X570R) -
Screen: DNP Supernova 08-85
Processor: Anthem AVM 70
Power amp: XTZ A2-400 for Front & Center - XTZ A2-300 for Surround & Height channels
Speakers: Arendal 1723 S Monitor for Front & Center, Linn Unik for Front Height, Rear Height, Surround & Surround back. Elipson Planet M for Top Middle.
Sub: Arendal 1723 1S

lello

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #202 on: January 16, 2023, 11:33:07 am »

Every now and then I try again, with the hope of seeing my request granted sooner or later ;D : is it possible to view a film in 2 zones  at the same time?

In the past I was told that it is only possible for audio and very difficult for video too https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,132024.msg915126.html#msg915126

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #203 on: January 16, 2023, 11:54:36 am »

You could probably start the same video in two locations by using Library Server.

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #204 on: January 16, 2023, 01:33:54 pm »

I don't have the faintest idea how it works :-[

eve

« Reply #205 on: January 16, 2023, 02:29:00 pm »

You could probably start the same video in two locations by using Library Server.

This is closer to an answer than other options possibly.

Are your two zones connected to audio hardware on the same machine or are the two target zones on different machines?
There *are* ways to output real time audio over network to other devices that have low enough latency for video.

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #206 on: January 17, 2023, 01:52:08 am »

I created 2 zones in the same htpc: the first has the sound card as its output, and the second the bluetooth connected to my hearing aids.

If I connect the 2 zones during playback, with great difficulty, sometimes it works, but not always.

Thank you

jammalammer

• Recent member
« Reply #207 on: January 17, 2023, 07:47:49 pm »

I'd like to see when doing the F6 command (Rename, Move, Copy) if it encounters files such that I get the message (to paraphrase) "Some of the selected files will replace a file that already exists on the system" can it please LIST THE FILES that are in conflict? Or at least copy the list of files to the clipboard? Thanks :)

retiredteacherguy

• World Citizen
« Reply #208 on: January 18, 2023, 12:17:13 pm »

I'd like the option to replace text for links management with icons

I'd like to have the ability to assign different icons to "Albums, Artists, Files, Genres" etc. at the top level of the tree

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #209 on: January 18, 2023, 01:49:19 pm »

When watching a movie, scroll with arrow keys to an info field that states what Zone and how many channels being used.
Hardware: Intel Core i5-8600K 16GB RAM, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 8GB DUAL OC
Software: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004, JRiver MC 29, MadVr 0.92.17 (Beta 113), NVIDIA driver 457.09
Projector: JVC DLA-I X5500 (RS420, X570R) -
Screen: DNP Supernova 08-85
Processor: Anthem AVM 70
Power amp: XTZ A2-400 for Front & Center - XTZ A2-300 for Surround & Height channels
Speakers: Arendal 1723 S Monitor for Front & Center, Linn Unik for Front Height, Rear Height, Surround & Surround back. Elipson Planet M for Top Middle.
Sub: Arendal 1723 1S

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #210 on: January 22, 2023, 03:32:28 am »

One of the thing's I love about MC is the fact that nearly all of the available skins have individual personalities, especially with regards to Background and Text Colours.
Unfortunately there is one View that does not allow that individuality to be displayed because, regardless of which skin you use, when the user switches to Display View it displays White Text on a Black Background.

Whilst extending my range of TrackInfo Plugins I could not find any Skin that used the White Text on a Black Background combination.

Therefore, what I would like to see is that Display View uses the Background and Text Colours specified in the skin.xml file, something that happens with every other View.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #211 on: January 28, 2023, 02:46:16 am »

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #212 on: February 01, 2023, 08:55:08 am »

Some things:

1. A expression for Movie collections like MovieInfo(CollectionDisplay) as used in: TVInfo(SeriesDisplay). So that we see in a Genre for Example "Comediy" all "single" Movies and also "MovieCollections" together under the same Genre. The TVInfoDisplay requires seasons and episodes, which we don't have with a movie collection.
2. To expand meta data and that we can select witch field should be updated.
3. Rename the German translation for Tag Line -> Schlagzeile. (If I translate the German Tag Line back to English would be Day Line)
4. To see checkboxes in the Tag-Editor for select/unselect. I only see the checkbox during input the value and than it disappear and you see the 0 or 1. Let the ckekbox remain there visible with the right selection.
5. A menu point where you can call external programs (and the whole thing editable), so that you can call external programs from MC.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #213 on: February 01, 2023, 09:33:44 am »

Regarding 5 - you can use the Links bar (top right) to open sites and folders. You can also use MC's task scheduler to run periodic apps.
To run any app from a button on the Links bar I wrote this small app:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,133431.msg924311.html#msg924311

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #214 on: February 01, 2023, 09:57:33 am »

Regarding 5 - you can use the Links bar (top right) to open sites and folders. You can also use MC's task scheduler to run periodic apps.
To run any app from a button on the Links bar I wrote this small app:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,133431.msg924311.html#msg924311

We added "Program" to the web links dialog a while ago.  I have it set to open an image editor for images.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #215 on: February 01, 2023, 10:14:26 am »

Ah nice, I missed that (or forgot).

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #216 on: February 01, 2023, 11:15:24 am »

Expression function request: an extra mode to ConvertDate() that takes a knows date format, independent from the user's system format.

ConvertDate(datetime_string, mode=0) - current behaviour, default mode 0
ConvertDate(ISO8601_date, mode=1) - new mode, string as known date format with optional time:
    YYYY-MM-dd
    YYYY-MM-dd HH:mm
    YYYY-MM-dd HH:mm:ss
(4 digits for year, 1 or 2 digits for others, 24h clock)

Not exactly ISO8601, but easy. This allows writing code what works regardless of the user's location.

Alternatively: ConvertDate(year, month, day, hour, min, sec)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #217 on: February 01, 2023, 11:38:03 am »

ConvertDate already takes open formats, so how about ConvertDateBroken?  I can add that today.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #218 on: February 01, 2023, 11:42:21 am »

ConvertDate() is ambiguous, we don't know how 04/05/2023 will be interpreted for another user. Is that dd/mm or mm/dd?

I think it's better to add a mode instead of a new function. It doesn't break any existing code (default=0) and just adds a flag saying to interpret the value as a known format. Also, converDateBroken doesn't inspire much confidence :)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #219 on: February 01, 2023, 11:49:19 am »

Sounds good.

Next build:
NEW: Added a the ability to pass a year, month, day, hour, minute, and second to the ConvertDate expression function.

Cheers.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #220 on: February 01, 2023, 11:50:43 am »

Great, thanks :) Please make the time optional (last 3 args), or default to zero.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #221 on: February 01, 2023, 11:53:09 am »

ConvertDate already takes open formats, so how about ConvertDateBroken?  I can add that today.

I just noticed you were referring to this form as a new function. In that case I agree you can add a new function name if you prefer. ConvertSplitDate()?
Anyway it's fine with the overload to ConvertDate() as well.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #222 on: February 01, 2023, 11:55:19 am »

I just noticed you were referring to this form as a new function. In that case I agree you can add a new function name if you prefer. ConvertSplitDate()?
Anyway it's fine with the overload to ConvertDate() as well.

I'm just making ConvertDate take a different number of parameters.  It makes describing it in the tooltip a little less clean, but I like only having one function.  Thanks again.

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #223 on: February 01, 2023, 03:05:11 pm »

We added "Program" to the web links dialog a while ago.  I have it set to open an image editor for images.

Thanks Matt, I didn't saw this possibility  :)

CompEx

• Recent member
MC 30 Feature Request
« Reply #224 on: February 02, 2023, 10:35:34 am »

Until now, I can only change "audio", "subtitle" etc. after I started a movie. But starting movie-playback, then stopping to make selections is simply not the elegant way...

I'd like to select these options before starting movie-playback. (But I don't want to enter the Blu-ray-menu to do so)

Kind regards
CompEx

greynolds

« Reply #225 on: February 11, 2023, 10:25:22 am »

Please add a new MCC command where the parameter is the TheaterView tree path you want to jump to.  This would be similar to the existing MCC_THEATER_VIEW command, but with the ability to specify any tree path instead of just a few hard coded paths that will break if the user changes their TheaterView layout.
Bumping this.  There's also a thread in the MC29 forum with some more background and discussion of this that got somewhat derailed initially over opinions of how the top level categories should be configured.  But simply localizing the label of the default TheaterView layout for one's native language (so changing Guide to Guía for Spanish) would break the existing functionality.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,132527.0.html

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #226 on: February 13, 2023, 11:06:59 am »

Bumping this.  There's also a thread in the MC29 forum with some more background and discussion of this that got somewhat derailed initially over opinions of how the top level categories should be configured.  But simply localizing the label of the default TheaterView layout for one's native language (so changing Guide to Guía for Spanish) would break the existing functionality.

I'll try to make this possible in a coming build.

Here's the history:
NEW: Running MCC commands from the launcher can take a string by surrounding with single quotes (example: MC30.exe /MCC 22043,'Video\YouTube').
NEW: Added MCC MCC_THEATER_VIEW_PATH (22043) to allow selecting a path in Theater View.

Testing appreciated once it's out.  Thanks.

greynolds

« Reply #227 on: February 13, 2023, 11:11:17 am »

I'll try to make this possible in a coming build.

Here's the history:
NEW: Running MCC commands from the launcher can take a string by surrounding with single quotes (example: MC30.exe /MCC 22043,'Video\YouTube').
NEW: Added MCC MCC_THEATER_VIEW_PATH (22043) to allow selecting a path in Theater View.

Testing appreciated once it's out.  Thanks.
Thanks!  This will encourage me to finally get around to upgrading to MC30 :).  I'll keep an eye out for it and report back on how it works.

maid

« Reply #228 on: March 15, 2023, 12:36:20 am »

Ahhh, thanks.

Apologies for the "one version behind" noise.

In any case, the command-line backup works well for me, and I'll wait for MC30 for the thumbnail option.

Thanks again to all that assisted.
I am using MC 30 and have thumbnails backup ticked but the schedule is not backing up the thumbnails
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

muslhead

• Recent member
« Reply #229 on: March 24, 2023, 03:58:59 pm »

Inside DSP studio's Parametric Equalizer, PLEASE, please add the ability to import REW generated "generic" peak filters from the exported EQ text file by simply right clicking on any row in the editable window section or by inserting the option in the "Add..." button.

Afterwards, an option window to select which specific channel(s) (e.g. Left, Right, Center, Sub) should also pop up.

----
I second this

Of course, I could manually enter each PEQ entry per channel myself. But, if you have like 8 channels' worth of PEQs to enter by hand, it gets exhaustingly old pretty quick.

prerich

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #230 on: March 28, 2023, 08:11:08 am »

Import REW filters.....by channel and or designate biquad filters by channel for multi channel systems.

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #231 on: April 04, 2023, 08:58:41 pm »

OK, I'm listening to an audio playlist  in Theater View on the PC in my entertainment center.  As usual, all is wonderful.

But then I wander away from the screen showing the "slide show" for the song currently being played.

(I know.. "wander" = random) :)

So I wind up in a Theater View screen that shows me, among other options, "More Play Options."

My request....

Please, please please, add "Playing Now" to that "More Play Options" menu, allowing me to return to a known place from my wanderings.

(and, yes, I do know, and I have navigated to, places where the "Playing Now" option was presented.   I am just asking that it would be helpful, oh so helpful, if that option were more prevalent in the menus.)

:)

As always, many thanks.

=========
Vinyl: Shure V15VxMR, Shure VN5MR stylus, VPI Scout turntable
Shellac: Shure M91, Shure N75-3 stylus,  Dual 1218 turntable

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #232 on: April 05, 2023, 01:30:40 am »

antenna,
Try F11 a couple of times on a keyboard, or Green Button on an MC Remote.  Backspace or Back may also work.

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #233 on: April 06, 2023, 01:30:56 pm »

Try F11 a couple of times on a keyboard, or Green Button on an MC Remote.  Backspace or Back may also work.

Thanks for the quick reply...

The following uses MC (current stable version) running on the desktop PC that also functions as the MC Server here.

To start...

I go into theater mode and select an Audio Playlist and Play All.

From "Playing Now"

Select Info

Select Artist

Select a song

OK, now go back to Playing Now...

F11 doesn't do it (I wind up in the lyrics for the playing now song, then the Main Menu for Theater View, then what looks like an artist page.  Then I circle through those selections if I keep pressing F11.)

Using the LeftArrow key to select Back on the menu multiple times does eventually get me back to a menu where I can select Playing Now.  So that works.

If I could alter my request.  Your F11 comment got me a-thinking (I know, dangerous).  :)

Maybe something like Ctrl-F11 (or whatever) always returns to Playing Now no matter where you may be in MC?

I could then program a button on my Inteset remote to trigger Ctrl-11 (or whatever).

=========
Vinyl: Shure V15VxMR, Shure VN5MR stylus, VPI Scout turntable
Shellac: Shure M91, Shure N75-3 stylus,  Dual 1218 turntable

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #234 on: October 31, 2023, 08:12:03 am »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up