INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.124 beta  (Read 12522 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.124 beta
« on: March 03, 2003, 02:00:44 pm »

Media Center 9.0.124 beta is available.    

Many things will crash and not work.  If that worries you, please wait for a couple of weeks.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90124.exe

1. Fixed: Renaming folders in "My Computer" view would not always update the database correctly.
2. Fixed: After renaming a folder in "My Computer", visible child folders would be invalid.
3. Changed: Filename database lookup about 15 times faster -- improves Import and "My Computer" speed with large libraries.
4. Fixed: "Media Jukebox" string was still being used in many areas.
5. Fixed: "Recently Imported -- last 100 tracks" didn't have the correct logic.
6. Fixed: Send To -> External Tool would open the FTP dialog.
7. Fixed: SDK SetLyrics(...) would actually set Notes.
8. Fixed: The large properties edit box would not set the focus to the edit box on startup.
9. Changed: MC would not accept '|' or ';' when renaming in the tree.
10. Fixed: MC would allow its library to be changed while using a tool like CD ripping or audio analysis.
11. Changed: Playlists could not have '|' or ';' in their name.
12. Fixed: If MC would fail to load a library twice in a row, it would not revert to the previous library correctly.
13. Fixed: Will give warning and fail when trying to create multiple MPC decoder instances. (limitation of the MPC source code)
14. Fixed: If decoder / audio analyzer failed on a file, it would stall out.
15. Fixed: Right-click playlist actions (play, add to playing now, etc.) would rerun smartlist queries.
16. Fixed: Double-click: "Add to Playing Now (play now)" would not start playback if a single file was clicked with an empty Playing Now.
17. Fixed: Double-click: "Add to Playing Now (play now)" would not handle jumping on display properly.
18. Changed: "Play" will only start dual playback (images + audio) if Playing Now is being replaced.
19. Fixed: Media Center was failing to play VOB files.
20. Fixed: Media Jukebox would fill in YADB information even if multiple match window was canceled.
21. Fixed: Windows Media playback plug-in was displaying WMA error message too often.
22. Fixed: Media Center was failing to play some streaming ASF files.
23. Changed: Reduced the maximum number of auto-complete combobox entries in general properties to help speed on slower machines.
24. Changed: MC will no longer try to thumbnail Quicktime movies. (would hang DirectX in some cases)
25. Changed: MC now defaults to "Continuous" mode on fresh installs.
26. NEW: Lots of Hairstyle improvements. (default skin now has detailed comments to aid skin creation)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 9.0.124 beta
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2003, 02:20:35 pm »

This version has a new default Hairstyle skin.   Buttons will move to the side in order to display thumbnails.  

Try setting the font size.  It's under setup/text size (from the Hairstyle screen).

Just to repeat, these screens are easily changed by editing the main.xml file in the MC\fullscreens\[skin_name] directory.  Matt added comments today to make it a little easier.

You can change the sounds it makes by substituting your own wav files (same directory).

Listening to: 'Mambo A La Savoy' from 'Mambo Mucho Mambo' by 'Machito & His AfroCuban Orchestra' on Media Center 9.0
And...we're not finished yet.  Please make any suggestions in one of the HairStyle threads.

And thanks, Matt, for staying late to get a build out!

Ingo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2003, 02:23:13 pm »

bug: playing short files (like in hairstyle dir) leads to ehm... strange effects like repeating a single file in playing now (even though there are more than just this one..., regardless of continious setting), not playing a file at all, stopping in the middle of the list, .... (doesn't seem to happen with longer files...)

Ingo

NoCodeUK

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2003, 02:55:25 pm »

Some Nice Improvements!!!

Have just been checking out the new Hairstyle...

A Few Comments/Suggestions/Requests (all these relate to Hairstyle)

*  Really like the new skin.  Looks much more professional in the main.  One downside...I don't like the fact that everything is automatically being shown in lower case.  I take great care to tag my files with correct title capitalization yet Hairstyle is ignoring this and displaying everything in lowercase... (just noticed this can be changed in the XML file)
* The thumbnails don't appear to be of such high quality in this version...may just be me.
* Playing Now view now no longer shows the thumbnails of the tracks that are there...
* I like the missing cover art image...could this be carried over into the main program as well??  There missing cover art is still shown as a blank...
* When reacting to the mouse due to the mouse over nature hairstyle can drastically slow down...would it be possible to have an option to change this feature so that Hairstyle only reacts to clicks for slower computers??
* If a section contains more data than will fit on a screen
there is no way to scroll to see the rest of the thumbnails...(In MCE you are able to scroll through all available thumbnails)
* Thumbnails still don't do anything at the moment...do you still plan to add functionality to the button area or will it remain staic for this build?? (In MCE you can scroll through thumbnails, select individual tracks, edit their properties etc...)
* Options cannot be controlled by a mouse click atm only by pressing enter eg to toggle sounds on and off...
* Is the album group logic similar to that in the main program (eg where appropriate) or does it always group albums in this mode...seemed to be grouping in strange places eg in playlists I would expect to see individual track names displayed under the thumbnails not the album title...
* This is probably for a future build but would it be possible to change hairstyle features dynamically eg change the background, pip position size etc...
* Again a suggestion for the future...would it be possibl to click on an image thumbnail and have it show that image full screen in the thumbnail area...
* Could still do with a way to go straight to hairstyle from the display windows right click menu.  Currently you can go direct to full screen then to hairstyle but not direct to hairstyle...
* Would it be possible to set different display options in hairstyle to the main program eg Have Visualizations showing in the main prog but show image only in Hairstyle...
---Now a few observations based on reviews of MCE...
* MCE diplays clock/date...not a big thing but could be useful for those using Hairstyle solely in an HTPC environment who are starting up MC full screen in Hairstyle mode...
* XP MCE allows you to be watching TV in the PIP while sorting albums in the main screen.  Can MC do this?
* MCE can dynamically switch between list view/thumbnail view from within a view scheme rather than switching to an options screen
* MCE integrates playing now style functionality into the main screen rather than the PIP eg shows a time elapsed remaing counter at all times in the bttom left.  Could this be added to MC??
* Playing a DVD/Video/TV in MCE switches to a special full screen mode that is still within MCE.  Will this be the case with MC or will starting a video simply show it in the pip??  Presumably to show full screen you will need to toggle back to fulscreen mode so therefore is there going to be a way to toggle Hairstyle to full screen missing out the main program screen??

Non Hairstyle bugs

* Switching between full screen view and internal can still occasionally change the cover art for a track to the default MJ Image...only way to get cover art back is to cycle away from visualizations and back or change visualiztion and back then it returns to normal

Requests

* Is their any chance that album view could follow the sort order of the view scheme...currently it is alphabetized...
* A "non-image" for when there is no cover art present (see above)
* Sticky views still seem to be fudging sorting occasionally.  The Artist / Album view scheme root is showing the first album as having track 4 first...
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2003, 02:56:47 pm »

Ooops Sorry Jim...  I guess I should have posted to a suggestion thread (some of it is bug related...)

I shall post to there instead...

Many apologies...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Byhtomit

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2003, 03:23:46 pm »

Whenever I try to rip a partially defective CD, MC9.0.124 ß crashes with the following error:  

Unhandled exception at 0x76B4AD79 in Media Jukebox.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000204.  

Here is the stack trace and the code which it is executing when the crash occurs:  

>winmm.dll!76b4ad79()
 cdripper.ocx!0257ab8b()
 cdripper.ocx!0257b291()
 cdripper.ocx!02598e6d()
 kernel32.dll!77e7d33b()

76B4AD65  call        76B492C1
76B4AD6A  xor         esi,esi
76B4AD6C  inc         esi  
76B4AD6D  jmp         76B499E9
76B4AD72  mov         eax,dword ptr [esp+4]
76B4AD76  lea         ecx,[eax+1]
76B4AD79  mov         dl,byte ptr [eax]

76B4AD7B  inc         eax  
76B4AD7C  test        dl,dl
76B4AD7E  jne         76B4AD79

Here's the register values in case you need them:  

EAX = 00000204 EBX = 0287FEA8 ECX = 00000205 EDX = 025F211E ESI = 0287FEBC
EDI = 000071B8 EIP = 76B4AD79 ESP = 0287FE04 EBP = 0287FE90 EFL = 00000246

Thanks,  
Timothy

dragyn

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2003, 05:35:36 pm »

thumbnail bug...nasty one too:

I created a view scheme to show files with internal images.

Media Library
-Audio
--Covers (Playlist: Covers) (search criteria: -playlist: image)
---External
----Album Artist (auto)
-----Album
---Internal
----Album Artist (auto)
-----Album

Covers is a playlist group. There is a smartlist for external links and internal images. "Image" is a smartlist for the ape image files. These files are removed from the scheme.

If I view it in "details" or "thumbnails", everything works as normal. Here's the bug:

I have an album, one in mp3 format and the other in ape format (ape/apl). They are the same album. The album in mp3 format has an internal image associated with it.

If I view it in "thumbnails (album group if logical)", everything is displayed fine until I double-click it to play.
What happens is instead of just the mp3s being added to 'playing now', all the mp3s, all the apl's and the ape image file is added. The ape/apl files are not even in the view scheme to begin with.

I'm thinking it has something to do with being the same album. This happens to all albums with internal images and another identical album of a different file type (ape/apl, etc). It's grouping them all together. Again, this only happens when the images are combined to show one image for the album.

If I didn't explain it well, let me know.

Media Center Registered 9.0.124 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 49 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2003, 05:58:58 pm »

1) When playing large playlists MC9 randomly changes the play speed (songs start playing either too fast or too slow).  I usually have to restart MC9 to resume playback at normal rate.

2) Direct Sound only outputs to the front two channels bypassing the Audigy Surround Sound and digital effects software.  If I attempt to use the MC9 DSP effects and JRSS, it does map to all of my 4 channels, but sounds like crap -- lots of crackling.  

4) ASIO crashes about a minute into an internet audio stream (MP3 web radio), or if you click on another link while playing a stream.    

Media Center Registered 9.0.124 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\  

Intel Pentium 4 2782 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 303 MB  

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)  
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer  

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max  
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max  
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767  
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\notify.wav  

Burning /  Drive D: SONY     DVD+RW  DRU-120A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  Use MJ Engine:Yes  
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes  
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

jcouch93

• World Citizen
  • I'm confused...
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2003, 07:09:00 pm »

BUGS:
  • When playing WAV files from My Computer, MC hangs on some of them with a "Waiting" status.  I can stop playback and continue, but I can never get those files to play.
  • When R-clicking a WAV file and selectin Edit, Media Editor (ME) pops up a dialog for "Decoding" and statys there.  Cancel has no effect, and I can close ME but the process is still there.  Tried this with multiple WAV files with the same result.

phatrabt

AMD Athlon 1729 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 786 MB

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Drive V:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
     Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive G: LITE-ON  LTR-24102B         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
     Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

Joe Karnes

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2003, 07:36:52 pm »

CPU usage seems to have improved on my system compared to a few versions previous.

No applications, 2-3 % CPU and 124 MB PF

Media Center, 35-47 % CPU and 136 MB PF while playing an mp3 file.

Windows Media 9, 48-100 % CPU and 152 MB PF while playing an mp3 file.

Thank you, Joe Karnes

Intel Pentium II 449 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 137 MB

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive D: HP       CD-Writer+ 9700k   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:6  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

PhDSM

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2003, 12:33:22 am »

Thnaks for this new update. I've notice that now I can access customer1/2/3 in LJAutomation.
The following bugs still remain:

> Access to Custom1,2,3, Composer  in Visualization studio and track info

>  MC do not respect the Read-only flag. Rename are done even if the file is read-only
 Also if I touch an image which is readonly, the original is renamed and a copy is updated.

I wnat also to point the following Usability issue:
 When there is a lot of playlist (I have 200's) it is very difficult to use the drop down menu like "Sent to/Playlist" or "View filter/Show Only.."  whereas it is better organised when you use "quick Play/ Play list/..."

Regards

Phil

Tangoman

• World Citizen
  • You are nothing that you are conscious of.
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2003, 03:41:48 am »

Hi All at JR
I also have the playback speed issue from the last two builds. For me I find it happens when the bit rate changes. ie if I paly a file thats =<128 and go to =<64 the playback seems halved and vice versa. Happens across formats mp3 to wma. the wma files I have are internet downloads as I never encode in this format.
Cheers Tangodude

Media Center Registered 9.0.124 -- D:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 996 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 340 MB

Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   No CD drives found.
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  No burners found.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left. - Anon

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2003, 04:11:25 am »

BUG:
Importing tagged image files into a new MC library is not working properly. The value of the "Name" tag is replaced by the file name!
Sample: An image file named "My Winter Holdidays.jpg" has a name tag with the following value: <Name>Sunny Day in the Alps</Name>.
After importing the file into a new MC library the name value in the library is "My Winter Holidays" (this is the name of the file!) instead of "Sunny Day in the Alps"!  The name tag value is not imported and cannot be found anywhere in the database! Seems to happen only with image files (jpg)!

Should probably be coded like that: if name tag value not empty get name tag value otherwise filename

I use a working library, where I do all tagging work. Once satisfied I import the files in the production library. I expect to see the same library content!

jeffh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2003, 04:59:47 am »

Bug: Auto rip does not seem to work with multiple disks. I am using digital secure with a mp3 VBR custom mode. After each disk I can not insert the next disk. Instead I click ok in a couple of dialogs and have to start over.

AMD Athlon 1536 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1015 MB, Free - 690 MB

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  No burners found.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2003, 05:16:58 am »

Hairstyle isn't resizing videos using Quicktime to fit the PIP.

http://doof.webryders.com/MJ/Screenshots/hairstyle.jpg

BTW, thanks for commenting the xml file. It's nice to play around with. I set all the transitions to 0 with backsteps set to 10 and it looks pretty sweet. :)

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2003, 06:13:58 am »

MC thinks my Archos Jukebox Recorder is an IPOD device.

Downloaded the portable plugin 9.0.03 and that works.
9.0.04 doesn't work for my Archos
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2003, 07:06:09 am »

MC doesn't appear to be scaling video files that are playing back through the WMP engine correctly. They are always just stretched to fill the entire window, rather than scale appropriately. I've also noticed that the right click options of "Statistics" and "Clip Info" that are usually available don't do anything anymore.

michel

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2003, 08:37:39 am »

MC crashes immediately if I try to rip with my Plextor (SCSI).

Media Center Registered 9.0.123 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

AMD Duron 699 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 83 MB

Ripping /   Drive R:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive W:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive W: YAMAHA   CRW6416S           Addr: 2:2:0  Speed:6  MaxSpeed:6  Use MJ Engine:Yes

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2003, 09:04:37 am »

EDIT
- Works ok when editing a single file (not via properties)
-     Painfully (and I really mean PAINFULLY) slow if I edit through properties although it seems to be only on some fields, namely the 'Name' field
      **** FIXED IN 9.0.124 ****

NOTES/LYRICS
- Notes and Lyrics seem to be crossing over
- **** FIXED IN 9.0.124 ****

CD LABELLER
- Rotates the image by 180 degrees and does'nt print the image

BURNING
-     Keeps locking  up during the burning process. Also, it sometimes ejects the CDRW during the burn. Sometimes freezes and needs a reboot. It  goes totally  haywire if I put in a CDRW that needs erasing. It looks as though it is trying to read the data from the cd, trying to connect to YADB and then freezes causing a reboot.

SORTING
--- No problems with columns that are totally populated eg Name, Album etc. It sorts these quickly and accurately both in ascending and descending sequence. For columns that are not totally populated eg comments, notes etc, it not only takes a long time to complete, but there is no accuracy in the result. It should, for an ascending sort for instance, place all the blank fields first, but this does'nt happen. Non-blank fields seem to be anywhere up and down the column.

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 599 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 18 MB
Resource Info: System - 42 %, GDI - 60 %, User - 42 %

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4522.1800 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4522.1800
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.1700
wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS  PCRW804            Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No

michel

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2003, 09:06:16 am »

MC hangs if I try to rip with my Yamaha (SCSI).

Media Center Registered 9.0.123 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

AMD Duron 699 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 83 MB

Ripping /   Drive R:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive W:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive W: YAMAHA   CRW6416S      Addr: 2:2:0  Speed:6  MaxSpeed:6  Use MJ Engine:Yes

ZRocker

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2003, 11:05:22 am »

19. Fixed: Media Center was failing to play VOB files.

How do I make this work?  I have some .VOB files I ripped from a few DVDs I own and MC doesn't play them (acts like it doesn't understand them..."Please select file to play." error).  WinDVD plays them just fine.

Joe Karnes

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2003, 06:34:33 pm »

On each of the last two occasions of importing mp3 tracks and than analyzing the files, upon completion I have received a message indicating that Media Core has encountered a problem and must shut down.
Thank you Joe Karnes

Intel Pentium II 464 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 188 MB

Burning /  Drive D: HP       CD-Writer+ 9700k   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:6  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes

RemyJ

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2003, 07:28:17 pm »

The Girder plug-in seems to have gone missing.  I can download it and it says it installed but it doesn't appear in the plug-ins tree.   I'm pretty sure it was still working around build 120 or so.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Marko

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2003, 09:21:56 pm »

still can't get this station to stream through MC :(

http://www.realradiofm.com/audio.cfm?location_id=164044

their homepage :- http://www.realradiofm.com/scotland/index.cfm

It's working OK their end. I know coz I'm listening to it atm via the MS mediaplayer 8 internet explorer thing-a-me-bob

If anyone else can get this to work, could you please post in this thread I started about this.

Edit:-
Hokay. Scrub that. I installed this release over the top of the .123 release. Uninstalling, removing the registry keys and re-installing has fixed it. From here on, I will adopt this approach to all future releases.
Thanks for getting this working. Chalk another one up for the JRiver crew 8) :D
Listening to: 'Scotlands Best Variety of Music and Talk' on Media Center 9.0
[/b]

ERGE

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2003, 01:13:05 am »

Bug: Export All Playlist will be running well. Export all List incl. Auto Smartlist. Now is the Problem to Import a existing Auto Smartlist. No workaround. It is bad to create each time the Smartlist again new. Make a Importfunction for exported List, please.

Greetings Erich

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2003, 05:52:32 am »

File name "01 - Mr. Tambourine Man.mp3" causes audio analysis to err and all files in que afterward are left undone. Removing period after "Mr" solves issue.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2003, 09:42:59 am »

Unless I'm an idiot, which is, admittedly, entirely possible, there doesn't seem to be any way of erasing a CD-RW disc in MC without first sending a file to the burner. This is very unintuitive. :P

farmore

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2003, 10:02:15 am »

The builds keep getting better and better, but I saw the following "problems".

Bug: The sorting in Thumbnails (album group if logical) view is not logical in case of (Multiple Artists). The albums are sorted by the artist of the first song on the album, then on album name instead of (Multiple Artists)and then on album name. Also the tips are showing only the first artist for the complete album.

Naming: The Options window still shows "Jukebox"

Bug: The "Always take control of file types" checkbox in the Options window works the wrong way around

Naming: The exe file still is named "MediaJukebox.exe"

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2003, 10:36:38 am »

MC doesn't pause the slideshow when I hit the Pause button even though Play, Stop, Next, and Previous all work.

Also, on an image only Playing Now, would it make sense to show the countdown until next image in the Player Window where you currently show the duration of the music or video file?

MachineHead

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2003, 02:39:01 pm »

Unless I'm an idiot, which is, admittedly, entirely possible, there doesn't seem to be any way of erasing a CD-RW disc in MC without first sending a file to the burner. This is very unintuitive. :P

Have not done this in a while, but you should be able to clear a cd-rw without any files. I'll check later. I usually just click on the device node and burn > options > erase cd-rw media.

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2003, 06:20:40 pm »

It would be nice to have 'Erase CDRW' on the tools menu - save a loada hassle !!

Jim

ZRocker

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2003, 06:36:29 pm »

Bugs:
1. If you change the sort order for My Computer nodes, it doesn't stick.  I sorted by Date Modified and everytime I return it goes back to Artist (some default I guess) sorting.

Marko

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2003, 12:45:20 am »

frustrating. it's working again now. server busy perhaps?

I'll monitor things a while and report back if there's something more consistant to report.

apologies for the waste of b'width :-[

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2003, 07:20:09 am »

• When converting or recording audio, the extension is always upper-case.  There should be an option for it to be lower-case.

• When using the CD labeler, sometimes it would select only one track from the list, sometimes it would select all of the tracks.

• ASIO is still having problems.  When using the ASIO Multimedia Driver, it will complain that the ASIOMME.DLL driver is already loaded.  When using the ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver, you sometimes have to stop playing one track manually before you can play another one;  otherwise it will just sit there.

• It won't play DVDs all of the sudden.  It claims it doesn't have the proper driver or that another program is using the device (which there isn't).  I have no other software that can play DVDs except PowerDVD;  do I need to have that installed first?

• I can't get it to slice an apple in half.
Toast goes in the toaster.

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2003, 10:03:01 am »

Some of us are having a problem auto-playing mp3 cd's.  Please see:
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=beta;action=display;num=1046600681

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2003, 12:05:16 pm »

Clicking on column headers to sort is not consistent.  Sometimes you click a column and the black arrow appears showing the sort direction, then click another column and the black arrow does not move to that column and the new sort does not work.  Even then repeatedly clicking the new column does not work until finally it does - weird.

Eiffel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2003, 07:07:42 pm »

Coping files in tree mode (either with keyboard shortcuts, or using the menus) doesn't copy files, but rather moves them around...

Renaming files in tree mode is broken

Harry_The_Hipster

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2003, 12:22:16 am »

1. Tools>Import Media does not import .wav files. If I access them through My Computer  in the tree view and convert them to APE, they then import properly.

2. The track splitting in Record Sounds is still arbitrary and produces numerous errors.

3. Record Sounds hangs on the last tracks and repeatedly recycles the last 2-3 seconds, resulting in a series of fragmentary tracks. Will continue indefinitely until it is closed out.

4. Date Modified column shows modification data for files that have never been modified.

System info:

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2019 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 246 MB

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive F: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4012A   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes

HTH

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2003, 01:43:21 am »

While I'm running audio analysis I can move around in the media library, add songs to playing now, play/stop/fast forward, and so on, but I can't search for anything using the keyboard.  If I click within the Ctrl-F search field I get a blinking text cursor, but I can't type anything or even move left or right using the cursor keys.

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2003, 05:56:44 am »

I have a view scheme called "artist", which groups artists with a grouping size of 1 (that is, under Artist I get the nodes A, B, C, and so on).

When I right-click a file and select Tools / Locate File / Audio -- Artist, MC can't find the artist.  If I remove the grouping it works fine.

(By the way, I would prefer if "Locate file" was a top-level node in the right-click menu rather than being located under "Tools")

LisaRCT

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2003, 06:56:25 am »

When you past a new Beta release. .  . can you please state the DATE of the release?  It has usually said there was a new release TODAY . . .  . . which in the current case was four "today's" ago.     ;D
Just would make it more clear for us    
?  "technologically impaired" individuals.   ;)

NoCodeUK

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2003, 08:17:13 am »

Found another one of those elusive Media Jukebox instead of Media Center entries!!  When you export a playlist to HTML it says 'Generated by Media Jukebox'...

Also not sure if this is necessarily a bug but it is an issue with sticky views.  If you edit a view scheme, eg change a field, the view is returned back to the default view with all the original fields.  Would it be possible to simply remove the field that has been taken out and add the new field without things like genre, bit rate etc returning to the view??

Cheers

Adam

NoCodeUK

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2003, 08:19:36 am »

Strange.  When I tried reediting the view scheme this time it did not return the default values...  Maybe I was imagining it ;D

Adam

NoCodeUK

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2003, 09:14:27 am »

When adding our own fields we can give preselected values for what can go in them...however if editing using the grid ratehr than the properties window, there is no way to see what those options are or to select them...is there any way that if the field can only accept certain values we could have some kind of drop down/selection method in the grid??

Adam

JohnT

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2003, 11:01:28 am »

2. The track splitting in Record Sounds is still arbitrary and produces numerous errors.

3. Record Sounds hangs on the last tracks and repeatedly recycles the last 2-3 seconds, resulting in a series of fragmentary tracks. Will continue indefinitely until it is closed out.
Can you give me some more info on these problems...

1. How are you recording, line-in from cassette or LP's, or other..

2. Did you use the auto-volume adjuster

3. what kind of track splitting problems are you having: too many track splits, not enough, a little of both? What are all your settings off the line-in options page.

4. just to clarify, you're getting the last 2 to 3 seconds of the last track repeated over and over again as separate tracks?

5. what sound card are you using

Thanks. I'd like to figure out what these problems are.

- John T.

John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2003, 11:45:39 pm »

- Sticky views do not get saved for playlists...
- The ability to set a sort order for thumbnail views...

P.
"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2003, 05:49:14 am »

when i click on the drive letter for my portable MP3 player.

MC9 now tells me that it could not find my Ipod

I don't have an Ipod, Or A Plugin for it.

I don't have any portable player plugins installed since the player is seen as a drive.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2003, 05:52:05 am »

if i send MP3's to My MP3 player.

MC will have them qued to send if i delete one from the list. when MC9 updates the screen it also deletes Most of the Cols, to include the col telling me it is in the que.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

NoCodeUK

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2003, 12:33:51 pm »

There are still no horizontal scroll bars in the Select Media dialog box when using the Z Skin...

Adam

UPDATE:  Okay I just checked and they do appear in some folders and not in others...  very strange!!

Harry_The_Hipster

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2003, 01:07:20 pm »

Can you give me some more info on these problems...

1. How are you recording, line-in from cassette or LP's, or other..

2. Did you use the auto-volume adjuster

3. what kind of track splitting problems are you having: too many track splits, not enough, a little of both? What are all your settings off the line-in options page.

4. just to clarify, you're getting the last 2 to 3 seconds of the last track repeated over and over again as separate tracks?

5. what sound card are you using

Thanks. I'd like to figure out what these problems are.

- John T.

John:

1. Line in from LP/turntable.

2. No

3. Far too many splits. 2500/2/20000. Wait for sound before start recording. Trim silence unchecked.

4. Correct. Had something like 75 fragmentary tracks - I left the recorder unattended for a while.

5. Creative SB Audigy 9400.

Hope that helps.

HTH
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up