INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote won’t connect to server on iPhone 14  (Read 1779 times)

AudibleImagery

• Junior Woodchuck
JRemote won’t connect to server on iPhone 14
« on: February 19, 2023, 02:41:35 pm »

Hello,

I’ve been using JRemote reliably for about a year now but I’m currently experiencing a problem where JRemote closes whenever I try to connect to my server. I’ve tried re-adding the server which allowed me to connect to the server but then a few days later the problem started happening again. I obviously don’t want to have to re-add the server every time I want to connect. How do I fix this?

Regards,
Audible

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote won’t connect to server on iPhone 14
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2023, 03:10:38 pm »

It's possible your network has changed.  Take a look at Network Access on our wiki.  Test the server in Media Network settings.  Read threads on the Media Network board here.

AudibleImagery

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 01:01:07 pm »

It's possible your network has changed.  Take a look at [url=http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Network_Access]Network Access[/url] on our wiki.  Test the server in Media Network settings.  Read threads on the Media Network board here.

Hey Jim,

I figured it out. Could you please delete this post?

-John

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 01:23:02 pm »

Could you post what you found?

AudibleImagery

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2023, 05:39:35 pm »

Hey Jim,

I thought that deleting all of the media server stuff and resetting it up would fix it but I was wrong. I’m still not able to get the app to connect without crashing, even when I’m on my home network.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2023, 11:22:07 am »

Typo in Access Key?

AudibleImagery

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2023, 12:46:20 pm »

Typo in Access Key?

Hey Jim,

I’ve reset and retyped the access key so many times that it’s an impossibility that it’s a typo in the access key. I can connect to Panel from inside and outside of my server, and I can connect to the server by creating one in JRemote but then when I close the app and try to reconnect to the same server the app just crashes. I don’t know what to do. I read the article you linked several times and tested hundreds of things and nothing has worked.

AudibleImagery

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2023, 12:57:43 pm »

I disabled "Ignore articles in sort" and now it's working? Go figure 🤷‍♂️

Is there a way to troubleshoot this so that I can reenable the “Ignore articles” option? I like this feature.

I recently configured a new expression to sort the album column by “[Album] - [Album Artist]” which might be the source of the issue.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2023, 02:32:47 pm »

I disabled "Ignore articles in sort" and now it's working? Go figure 🤷‍♂️

Is there a way to troubleshoot this so that I can reenable the “Ignore articles” option? I like this feature.

I recently configured a new expression to sort the album column by “[Album] - [Album Artist]” which might be the source of the issue.
For some reason I think there are sometimes illegal characters in the MC string that contains articles for sorting on and that messes up JRemote. I've seen that before but it's been a while. You might want to check that if you need to turn that feature back on.

AudibleImagery

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2023, 12:03:19 pm »

For some reason I think there are sometimes illegal characters in the MC string that contains articles for sorting on and that messes up JRemote. I've seen that before but it's been a while. You might want to check that if you need to turn that feature back on.

Hey Bob, I recently added an article to ignore that I no longer need to ignore and removing that seems to have fixed the problem entirely. Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Audible
Pages: [1]   Go Up