More > JRiver Media Center 31 for Windows

JRVR Video Renderer

<< < (11/45) > >>

Mr. Vegas:
Personally, I think the decision is very important and it's good that JRVR is being further expanded. As already mentioned, the video area is a constantly evolving topic.
In addition, the integrated madVR, as far as I can see, has not received any updates since 2018, as the company now sells its software together with hardware.
So I see a big plus for JRVR for the future of JRiver.

bogdanbz:

--- Quote from: Hendrik on April 25, 2023, 11:46:53 am ---"HDR10+ Gaming" uses "Source Side Tone Mapping" based on dynamic scene data - this is practically the same as using the new HDR to HDR tone mapping mode in JRVR. Actual metadata passthrough to enable "Sink Side Tone Mapping" is not supported in any (public) API, neither from Microsoft or NVIDIA. Not that anyone I have ever spoken to could find. MS has a stub of an API with no documentation that just takes a binary blob, and according to MS engineers its not implemented at all.

--- End quote ---
Ah, I see, that's unfortunate! Thank you for the explanation!

murray:
Im currently using MC30 and have now bought MC31, so very much looking forward to testing the new features being introduced. Since I’m a projector user I haven’t moved across 100% to JRVR as madvr still offers me features better suited for my large 145” curved scope screen.

First off I want to ask about the new “adaptive” sharpening you are adding, is it the same as the madvr “adaptive sharpen”?
I have tested “adaptive sharpening” in madvr many times over the years but still prefer my current settings, maybe complex for some to get their head round.
I currently use “image enhancements” and “upscaling refinement” in madvr and can produce a very beautiful clean image. I have three profiles, three separate profiles where I have created different sharpening settings , soft, sharp and HDR. I use Command Fusion on the ipad which allows me to set one of the three sharpening settings depending on the quality of the film.

Now we all know that probably little to no sharpening would be required on smaller Oleds etc etc, however when you have a projection screen of 145” like mine one certainly does. However all the sharpening tools have to be used with care or else the image can look very digital and introduce heaps of artifacts!

BTW I use Windows 10, 3080 video card and upscale everything to 4K using the JVC NZ9, Isco IIIL anamorphic lens, and a cineslide to hold the lens which moves in and out for 16:9 or scope. I have motorised side masking with four ratios all with automated stops, 4:3, 16:9, 1.85 and ScopE.

My question is….
1.   It looks like the “adaptive sharpening” in MC31 will not contain specific areas of the image like madvr, sharpen edges, crispen edges, thin edges, enhance detail, correct?
2.   When Ive tested “adaptive sharpening” in madvr without any of the others, its sharpens all parts of the image, is this correct?
3.   If I start to use JRVR rather than madvr on MC31, will I still be able to have three profiles, 1,2 and 3 for sharpening that I can incorporate into Command Fussion on the ipad?

My images below really explain it all.

Im excited about the new changes especially geometry correction, will explain further in new separate posts….

mattkhan:

--- Quote from: murray on April 27, 2023, 06:06:04 pm ---1.   It looks like the “adaptive sharpening” in MC31 will not contain specific areas of the image like madvr, sharpen edges, crispen edges, thin edges, enhance detail, correct?
2.   When Ive tested “adaptive sharpening” in madvr without any of the others, its sharpens all parts of the image, is this correct?

--- End quote ---
can't be sure but I think this post still applies -> https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,133812.msg933099.html#msg933099

i.e. you'll need to wait for custom shader support to get the array of options you want

--- Quote from: murray on April 27, 2023, 06:06:04 pm ---3.   If I start to use JRVR rather than madvr on MC31, will I still be able to have three profiles, 1,2 and 3 for sharpening that I can incorporate into Command Fussion on the ipad?

--- End quote ---
JRVR profiles are rule (i.e. content) based in the same way zoneswitch is, I don't believe there is currently any way to change this on the fly (except manually by opening the settings screen)..

murray:

--- Quote from: mattkhan on April 30, 2023, 12:27:14 pm ---can't be sure but I think this post still applies -> https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,133812.msg933099.html#msg933099

i.e. you'll need to wait for custom shader support to get the array of options you want
JRVR profiles are rule (i.e. content) based in the same way zoneswitch is, I don't believe there is currently any way to change this on the fly (except manually by opening the settings screen)..

--- End quote ---

Maybe Hendrick might explain the "ins and outs" of adaptive sharpening...
I need to wait for custom sharder support to get what I want, can you please explain what does this mean?
So it looks like I will never be able to use three different sharpness settings without opening settings page. If thats the case this wouldnt work for me as popping up a menu in the middle of a movie would certainly kill the experience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version